- Marquette Transportation Company LLC, a U.S. towboat operator, is exploring a sale that could value it at more than $1 billion and has attracted the interest of Dell Inc Chief Executive Officer Michael Dell, according to people familiar with the matter.
- Online music streaming service Spotify is working with Goldman Sachs for a new round of private fundraising which could potentially put off the initial public offering for another year, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
- Growth-hungry investors snapped up shares offered by Shake Shack Inc , setting the stage for a sizzling debut for the New York-based burger chain when its stock starts trading on Friday.
- Crane maker Manitowoc Co Inc said it would spinoff its high-margin foodservice business into a publicly traded company, sending the company's shares up 8 percent in extended trading.
MELBOURNE/NEW YORK - Macquarie Group Ltd is in talks to buy Jefferies Group LLC's [JGLL.UL] commodities and financial derivatives brokerage, three sources said, as the Australian bank continues to expand its commodities business while rivals retreat.
FRANKFURT - Germany's Mahle has launched a takeover bid for the air conditioning business of U.S. car parts maker Delphi , business daily Handelsblatt said on Thursday without citing sources.
LONDON - Pricing has tightened on an 825 million euro-equivalent ($932.83 million) loan backing telecoms group Altice's acquisition of Grupo Oi's Portuguese operations after strong demand for the paper, banking sources said on Thursday.
- Sysco Corp , the biggest U.S. food distributor, may have to wait longer for its $8.2 billion deal to buy US Foods Inc [USFOO.UL] to be approved by regulators, the New York Post reported.
Wed, Jan 28 2015
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Air Force on Wednesday awarded a $383 million contract for more launch services to United Launch Alliance, a joint venture of Boeing Co and Lockheed Martin Corp , bringing the total value of the contract to $4.08 billion.
NEW YORK - Bullish activity in Advent Software Inc's options surged weeks ahead of a report on Wednesday that U.S. financial software company SS&C Technologies Holdings Inc plans to buy Advent for about $2.3 billion.
Regardless what voters decide in the November elections, there will be a major changing of the guard next year in the U.S. Congress as result of a number of key retirements.