Dec 8 3M Co, the maker of Scotch tape and Post-it notes, said it had entered into agreements to sell its identity management business to Amsterdam-based digital security company Gemalto for $850 million.
Dec 8 Washington state filed an environmental lawsuit on Thursday against agricultural company Monsanto Co seeking damages and cleanup costs associated with the company's production of PCBs, the state's attorney general said.
* Deal for $850 million, subject to closing and other adjustments.
MEXICO CITY, Dec 8 Mexico's Grupo IAMSA said on Thursday it has become the sole shareholder of Mexican low-cost airline VivaAerobus after it bought out Irelandia Aviation's stake for an undisclosed amount.
SAO PAULO, Dec 8 Brazilian retailer GPA SA , controlled by France's Casino Guichard Perrachon SA , will hold investments steady even as the country's retail sector returns to growth by the second half of next year, executives said on Thursday.
* Deal shows Kremlin can lure big foreign investors (Updates throughout)
* Aixtron shares close down 3 pct (Adds Aixtron CEO comment in Handelsblatt)
* GfK shares up 30 percent (Adds background on KKR, plans for joint strategy)
* GfK CEO says squeeze-out is a possible option Further company coverage: (Frankfurt Newsroom)
FRANKFURT, Dec 8 Investment firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts on Thursday drew up a takeover offer for German market research firm GfK that allows its majority shareholder to maintain its stake, sending up GfK shares.
WASHINGTON President-elect Donald Trump is receiving an average of one presidential intelligence briefing a week, according to U.S. officials familiar with the matter, far fewer than most of his recent predecessors.