* Guo Shuqing to head China's banking regulator - China Daily
Feb 24 Citigroup Inc on Friday said that U.S. government and regulatory agencies are investigating the bank's hiring practices.
* Amer predicts 30 percent fall in imports bill (Recasts with second tranche of World Bank loan, adds details from interview, quotes, background)
WASHINGTON, Feb 24 Five U.S. financial services groups on Friday appealed a federal court decision handed down earlier this month that upheld an Obama-era rule designed to avoid conflicts of interests when brokers give retirement advice.
BRIEF-General electric does not expect total after-tax charges through completion of Ge Capital Exit Plan
* General Electric - due to anticipated tax benefits and gains, co does not expect total after-tax charges through completion of ge capital exit plan to exceed initial $23 billion estimate
NEW YORK, Feb 24 The U.S. Chamber of Commerce appealed a Texas federal judge's ruling upholding a Labor Department's regulation aimed at putting retirement savers' interest first on Friday, the latest salvo in the securities industry's fight against the regulation.
NEW YORK, Feb 24 Proposals in Congress that would effectively end Medicaid expansion in 31 U.S. states would cost those states at least $32 billion altogether in 2019, according to a report released on Friday.
CAIRO, Feb 25 Egyptian Central Bank Governor Tarek Amer said late on Friday that he expects the country's foreign debt to reach 30 percent of gross domestic product, or $60 billion, by June this year.
* Amir Efrati reports passive stake of 9 percent in alcobra ltd as on Feb. 22, 2017
* MCAN Mortgage Corporation announces fourth quarter earnings and record annual net income
NATIONAL HARBOR, Md./WASHINGTON President Donald Trump said he would make a massive budget request for one of the "greatest military buildups in American history" on Friday in a feisty, campaign-style speech extolling robust nationalism to eager conservative activists. | Video