- LendingClub Corp, the world's largest online marketplace directly connecting borrowers and investors, filed with U.S. regulators for an initial public offering of common stock.
- Paramount Group Inc filed with U.S. regulators to go public, in what could be the second-largest initial public offering by a real estate company in the United States after Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc's IPO last year.
HONG KONG - Global private equity firm Carlyle Group is in talks with China Vanke Co Ltd to acquire some of Vanke's commercial properties through assets or shares acquisition, the biggest Chinese property developer said on Thursday.
FRANKFURT - Helaba [HLHTG.UL], the German landesbank, has unveiled a joint venture with U.S. banking group BNY Mellon and the country's 25 largest savings banks to help corporate customers to expand foreign trade with Asia.
Tue, Aug 26 2014
NEW YORK - Warren Buffett may be most famous for the billions of dollars he has made from investing but he is also well known as a cheerleader for the United States. The Oracle of Omaha routinely exhorts investors to put their money in America, "the mother lode of opportunity," as he wrote in his annual letter this year.
- A judge on Tuesday approved the bulk of Momentive Performance Materials’ bankruptcy exit plan, rejecting creditor objections and pushing the quartz and silicone maker a step closer to cutting its debt by $3 billion.
- Blackstone Group LP-backed solar-energy provider Vivint Solar Inc filed with U.S. regulators on Tuesday for an initial public offering of common stock.
- RadioShack Corp's second-largest shareholder, Standard General LP, is negotiating a rescue package with investors to help the consumer electronics retailer ward off bankruptcy, Bloomberg reported, citing people with knowledge of the matter.
NEW YORK - Ann Inc has hired JPMorgan Chase & Co to explore strategic alternatives, including a potential sale of the women's retailer, according to people familiar with the matter.
BEIJING - Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) has deployed a new IBM mainframe computer system, the two companies said on Tuesday, boosting the U.S. technology giant's credentials in the country.
Regardless what voters decide in the November elections, there will be a major changing of the guard next year in the U.S. Congress as result of a number of key retirements.