- Dell Inc, the third-largest personal computer maker, has filed confidentially for an initial public offering of its cybersecurity unit, the Wall Street Journal reported.
MILAN - Italy's post office has set a price range for its initial public offering that values the state-owned behemoth at up to 9.8 billion euros ($11 billion) in what will be the country's biggest state sale in a decade.
- New York's banking regulator on Friday said he had approved M&T Bank Corp's acquisition of Hudson City Bancorp Inc, paving the way for the merger to be completed on Nov. 1.
- Bookmaker Ladbrokes Plc said it had signed a 1.35 billion pound ($2.07 billion) facility with banks to fund its proposed merger with Gala Coral.
Thu, Oct 8 2015
FRANKFURT - Chinese investor Fosun International is looking for more acquisitions in Europe and particularly Germany to give it a range of businesses with strong links to China’s rising consumer classes, Fosun's chief executive said.
JERUSALEM - Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Barclays Plc will lead an initial public offering of Israeli shipping firm Zim on Wall Street next year, two sources familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
- Blackstone Group LP agreed to buy BioMed Realty Trust Inc, a supplier of office space to healthcare companies, in a deal valued at $8 billion, adding to the private equity firm's huge real estate portfolio.
BEIJING/HONG KONG - China's two biggest online-to-offline (O2O) service providers, backed separately by rivals Alibaba Group Holding and Tencent Holdings, announced a merger, as Internet firms join forces to prosper in a highly competitive market.
Wed, Oct 7 2015
SYDNEY - Macquarie Group's shares were placed on a trading halt on Thursday amid market rumors Australia's top investment bank will buy ANZ Banking Group's vehicle finance unit in a deal worth A$1.5 billion ($1.08 billion).
- API Technologies Corp, a U.S. manufacturer of one of the world's largest selections of radio frequency equipment for defense sector applications, has revived efforts to sell itself, according to people familiar with the matter.
McCarthy, once widely seen as the presumptive heir to the speaker throne, announced he would no longer seek the position as speaker of the House.