Thu, Dec 12 2013
SAO PAULO, Dec 12 - Brazilian stocks edged up on Thursday from a more than three-month low, but investors remained concerned that less stimulus from the U.S. Federal Reserve could hurt riskier assets such as emerging market equities.
* Brazil Bovespa nearly flat, Mexico IPC closed for holiday SAO PAULO, Dec 12 - Brazilian stocks hovered near unchanged territory on Thursday as investors remained cautious over the potential tapering of economic stimulus from the U.S. Federal Reserve. Chile's bourse fell for the fourth session in five while Mexico's IPC index was closed for a national holiday. Data on Thursday showed a rise in U.S. retail sales for November, though a labor market report showed the number
Wed, Dec 11 2013
* Brazil Bovespa falls 1.81 pct, Mexico IPC down 0.44 pct
* Brazil Bovespa falls 1.19 pct, Mexico IPC flat SAO PAULO, Dec 11 - Brazilian stocks sunk their most in over a week on Wednesday as investor caution over a potential reduction in monetary stimulus from the U.S. Federal Reserve led to a fall in the most heavily-weighted shares. Mexico's IPC index was little changed, while Chile's bourse edged lower. The U.S. Congress announced a provisional budget deal on Tuesday, which some investors expect will strengthen a view that th
Tue, Dec 10 2013
* Brazil's Bovespa falls 0.34 percent, Mexico's IPC up 0.47
* Brazil's Bovespa falls 0.17 percent, Mexico's IPC is little changed SAO PAULO, Dec 10 - Latin American stocks edged lower on Tuesday, with investors cautious over a potential tapering of U.S. monetary stimulus and after slightly weaker-than-expected Chinese economic data. The U.S. Federal Reserve should begin trimming its monthly asset purchases in March, a Reuters poll showed on Monday, but some economists believe it can come as early as this month or at the January policy
Mon, Dec 9 2013
MEXICO CITY, Dec 9 - Mexican stocks rose on Monday as investors cheered an energy reform bill that offers the biggest opening up of the country's energy sector in decades to private investors.
* Brazil Bovespa gains 0.47 pct, Mexico IPC up 1.21 pct SAO PAULO, Dec 9 - Brazilian stocks rose for the third straight session on Monday following better than expected Chinese economic data, though shares of chemical maker Braskem SA dropped after the company said it is renegotiating a key contract. Mexico's IPC index rose its most in over a week on optimism over an energy reform bill, while Chile's bourse was little-changed. China's exports handily beat forecasts in Nov
MEXICO CITY, Dec 9 - Mexican stocks rose sharply on Monday as key senate committees neared a vote on a bill to open up state-run energy industries to greater private investment.
Fri, Dec 6 2013
MEXICO CITY, Dec 6 - Brazilian stocks rose on Friday in line with global markets after better-than-expected U.S. labor data boosted investor expectations of a stronger recovery in the world's largest economy.
These days Washington is not known for bipartisanship, but every now and then a breakthrough is made. It is noteworthy that Vice President Joe Biden, a Democrat, and Senator John McCain, a Republican, are appearing together at a forum in Sedona, Arizona on Friday.