* CVI Investmentsreports 9.3 percent passive stake in Galena Biopharma Inc as of feb 8 - SEC filing Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Stada supervisory board to discuss M&A Friday -source (Adds Bain as 3rd bidder from sources, shares)
* Michael Krensavage reports 7.2 percent stake in RTI Surgical Inc as of December 31 - SEC filing
ZURICH, Feb 17 The Swiss blue-chip SMI was seen opening 0.1 percent higher at 8,474 points on Friday, according to premarket indications by bank Julius Baer .
* Ventas Inc in talks to buy part or all of Brookdale Senior Living Inc after Blackstone Group LP lost interest in Brookdale- WSJ, citing sources Source text : http://on.wsj.com/2lYm2CG Further company coverage:
Feb 16 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2100 GMT on Thursday:
BERLIN, Feb 16 Germany's Stada said it has received a third takeover approach but cannot yet foresee whether one or more of the three potential bidders' offers will succeed.
LONDON, Feb 16 Banks are preparing to syndicate a €1.1bn leveraged loan and high-yield bond financing backing a buyout of European medical laboratory services operator Cerba, banking sources said on Thursday.
* Voce Capital says director nominations follow Voce's letter to board of Air Methods last month
* Paulson & Co ups share stake in Pfizer Inc by 39.8 percent to 352,200 shares - SEC filing
WASHINGTON The Department of Homeland Security has prepared new guidance for immigration agents aimed at speeding up deportations by denying asylum claims earlier in the process.