(Reuters Health) - Pregnant women should get their blood pressure checked at each prenatal visit to screen for preeclampsia, a potentially fatal complication that can damage the kidneys, liver, eyes and brain, new U.S. guidelines say.
- Government costs could rise $2.3 billion without Obamacare payments: study
- Ok to wait for colonoscopy after positive fecal test results
- U.S. House bill would exempt e-cigarettes from tobacco regulations
- Most U.S. patients would disclose sexual orientation to docs
- Gender viewpoints similar in trans preschoolers and other kids
LONDON, April 25 Scientists in the United States have developed a fluid-filled womb-like bag known as an extra-uterine support device that could transform care for extremely premature babies, significantly improving chances of survival.
(Reuters Health) - Playgrounds designed with risk-taking in mind may mean more pushing and shoving during recess, but they also might make kids less likely to feel bullied, a small experiment in New Zealand suggests.
STOCKHOLM An outbreak of H5N8 bird flu has been detected at a hen farm near the town of Nykoping in eastern Sweden, the country's board of agriculture said on Tuesday.
ZURICH Novartis said on Tuesday it would accelerate its bid to win approval for its experimental multiple sclerosis (MS) drug BAF312 and said it was now targeting patients at an earlier stage of the neurological disease.