WASHINGTON President Donald Trump made calls to fellow Republicans in the U.S. Senate on Friday to mobilize support for their party's healthcare overhaul while acknowledging the legislation is on a "very, very narrow path" to passage. | Video
- USDA finds abscesses, unidentified material in raw Brazil beef: USDA
- Health insurers says Senate bill's Medicaid cuts to hurt states
- Novartis breast cancer drug Kisqali wins European panel backing
- High hopes ride on marijuana painkillers amid opioid crisis
- Saudi crown prince donates $66 million to fight Yemen cholera epidemic
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti The United Nations stressed on Thursday its support for eradicating cholera in Haiti, an epidemic it accidentally started, although the government said residents would be better served if aid funding was channeled through it.
WASHINGTON The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Friday approved a new oral blood-thinner made by Portola Pharmaceuticals Inc to prevent deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolisms in acutely ill patients who are not undergoing surgery.
COPENHAGEN Danish drugmaker Novo Nordisk said on Friday a phase 2 trial for its big hope in tackling obesity, an improved GLP-1 drug called semaglutide, showed a weight loss of up to 13.8 percent in people with severe conditions.
(Reuters Health) - Meeting some or all of the American Heart Association’s seven ideal cardiovascular health goals is associated with longer life and fewer heart attacks and strokes, no matter your age.