Global spending on prescription medicines will reach nearly $1.5 trillion by 2021, although the annual rate of growth will decrease from recent years, according to a forecast by Quintiles IMS Holding released on Tuesday.
- U.S. Senate leader pushes for extension of coal miner healthcare
- Novartis' drug tops chemotherapy in untreated lung cancer patients
- Exclusive: Novartis in talks to sell some central nervous system drugs - sources
- One drink a day may not always keep the doctor away
- IUDS, implants may be best birth control for women with diabetes
SANAA Images of 18-year-old Saida Ahmad Baghili's emaciated body shocked the world and turned a spotlight on the worsening humanitarian crisis across war-torn Yemen.
LONDON AstraZeneca's pill Tagrisso cut the risk of lung cancer progressing by 70 percent compared to standard chemotherapy in a major clinical trial, lifting prospects for a drug that is key to the company's lofty long-term sales goals.
BELGRADE Serbia reported its first case of bird flu on Tuesday, saying that six swans found dead in northern Serbia were infected with the H5N8 bird flu strain.
PARIS France widened "high risk" restrictions to the entire country after the detection of several cases of the highly pathogenic H5N8 avian flu strain in farms in southwest France and in wild ducks in northern France, the farm ministry said on Tuesday.