BANGKOK Thailand reported on Friday the first confirmed cases in Southeast Asia of microcephaly linked to mosquito-borne Zika, as the World Health Organization urged action against the virus across the region. | Video
- Regeneron's Eylea combination therapy fails mid-stage study
- Misperception about skin cancer prominent among minority groups
- Doctors don't communicate well about terminally ill patients
- Labels don't always guarantee foods are free of gluten
- Zika-related birth defects likely higher than anticipated: panel
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said on Thursday it had concluded an investigation into a multi-state E.coli outbreak linked to flour produced at a General Mills Inc plant in Kansas City, Missouri.
U.S. health officials on Thursday recommended that pregnant women postpone nonessential travel to 11 Southeast Asian countries because of the risk of Zika virus infection, which has been shown to cause severe birth defects.
LONDON The Zika virus causing an epidemic in Brazil and spreading through the Americas can infect and alter cells in the human nervous system that are crucial for formation of bones and cartilage in the skull, a study found on Thursday.
Alcobra Ltd's market value more than halved on Thursday, a day after the company said the U.S. Food and Drug Administration had placed a hold on its lead experimental drug.