SEOUL South Korea said on Thursday it has fined Swiss drugmaker Novartis 55.1 billion won ($48.80 million) for offering doctors kickbacks to recommend the company's drugs, and also suspended insurance coverage for some of its drugs.
- Conservatives back latest U.S. healthcare bill, obstacles remain
- Swiss drugmaker Roche confident sales growth will overcome generic threat
- Synairgen loses half its value as AstraZeneca dumps drug
- Merck cholesterol drug Vytorin faces competition from Impax, Teva generics
- Pregnancy complications await childhood cancer survivors
WASHINGTON The Trump administration will continue to pay subsidies for low-income Americans receiving healthcare coverage under Obamacare, but no decisions have been made about future funding, a White House official said on Wednesday.
LONDON A cheap and widely available drug could save the lives of one in three of the 100,000 new mothers who bleed to death after childbirth every year, mostly in poorer countries, according to the first study of its use in postpartum haemorrhage.
LONDON The introduction of plain packaging for tobacco cigarettes sold in Britain from next month could cut the number of smokers in the country by another 300,000 within a year, researchers said on Thursday.
LONDON Pharmaceutical companies called on Thursday for a phased transition in drug regulation after Britain leaves the European Union, in order to avoid supply disruption and protect public health.