Uncertainty surrounding the Republican plan to replace Obamacare is forcing some U.S. hospitals to delay expansion plans, cut costs, or take on added risk to borrow money for capital investment projects, dealing an economic blow to these facilities and the towns they call home. | Video
- Trump fights for healthcare bill, makes headway with conservatives |
- Israel looks to leverage tech in $50 billion medical marijuana market |
- Crunch week looms for Sanofi, Roche and GSK at U.S. drugs agency
- FDA approves Pfizer, German Merck immunotherapy for skin cancer
- Palliative care linked to fewer repeat hospitalizations
Even without high blood pressure or other signs of illness, obese adults have a much higher risk of developing heart disease than normal-weight peers, according to a study from Denmark.
(Reuters Health) - Children who drink one serving of 100 percent fruit juice a day don’t appear to gain significantly more weight than kids who consume no juice at all, a research review suggests.
LONDON Scientists have found a way to power an experimental kind of electronic skin using solar energy in a further step towards the development of prosthetic limbs or robots with a sense of touch.
DUBAI Saudi Arabia has stopped beef and poultry imports from four Brazilian companies over concerns about food safety after accusations that individuals had been bribed to allow sales of rotten and salmonella-tainted meats.