FREETOWN, Aug 16 Hundreds of Freetown residents queued on Wednesday to identify relatives killed in a mudslide on the edge of the Sierra Leone capital, as aid workers warned of an impending health crisis caused by nearly 400 corpses.
- U.S. court rules Arkansas can block Planned Parenthood funding
- Amphetamine combo linked to Islamic State more potent than thought
- Texas governor signs bill to limit insurance coverage for abortions
- India introduces price controls for knee implants
- Philippine troops to help cull thousands of fowl in bird flu battle
BRUSSELS Belgium will seek damages over a contamination scandal that saw millions of chicken eggs pulled from supermarket shelves there and in other countries, authorities said on Wednesday.
Reuters Health - New research clarifies the benefits of having utilities replace municipal lead water-service lines, even when the pipe that enters a home continues to be made of the metal that can impair children’s brain development.
South Carolina sued Purdue Pharma LP on Tuesday, becoming the latest state or local government to accuse the OxyContin maker of deceptive marketing practices that have contributed to a national opioid addiction epidemic.
WASHINGTON Health insurance premiums for many customers on the Obamacare individual insurance markets would be 20 percent higher in 2018 if U.S. President Donald Trump follows through on a threat to stop billions of dollars of payments to health insurers, a nonpartisan congressional office said on Tuesday.