TEL AVIV Israel-based Teva Pharmaceutical Industries said on Tuesday the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted "priority review" for its SD-809 drug to treat tardive dyskinesia with a target date for approval by Aug. 30.
- Longer survival seen with Amgen's Kyprolis vs Velcade in myeloma study
- Accera's Alzheimer's trial fails, in yet another setback for disease
- India issues fresh antibiotic guidelines to tackle superbug menace
- Merck KGaA, Pfizer get priority review for bladder cancer drug
- Kite Pharma's cancer drug clears main goal in study
NEW YORK The local chamber of commerce is usually a reliable ally in battles against regulation. But when it comes to smoking rules, many business groups have decided they would rather switch than fight.
ZURICH Roche is starting a second late-stage trial of investigational Alzheimer's drug crenezumab that it is developing with Swiss biotech AC Immune, shrugging off failures of similar drugs against the memory-robbing disease.
The world's top agricultural traders and biotechnology firms are finding novel ways to make fish oil substitutes from grains and algae as they seek to cash in on consumer health fads that have led to a scarcity of the fatty acids commonly found in fish.
NEW YORK/WASHINGTON President Donald Trump sought on Monday to bring the nation's largest insurance companies on board with his plans to overhaul Obamacare, saying their help was needed to deliver a smooth transition to the Republicans' new plan.