WASHINGTON A federal appeals court on Monday brought to an end President Barack Obama's bid to overturn a ruling that threatens to gut his signature healthcare law by putting the case on hold until after President-elect Donald Trump, who aims to repeal Obamacare, takes office.
- Global prescription drug spend seen at $1.5 trillion in 2021: report
- Asia-Pacific loses steam in efforts to end hunger: study
- U.S. attorneys argue Aetna-Humana deal violates antitrust law
- Even with one cigarette a day, odds of early death are higher
- Doctors see regular misuse of antibiotics, narcotics
Pfizer Inc said on Monday its cancer drug, Bosulif, was found superior to Novartis AG's Gleevec in a late-stage study on untreated patients with a form of blood and bone marrow cancer characterized by abnormal white blood cells production.
Dementia patients who get prescriptions from multiple health systems may face a higher risk of drug mix-ups or unsafe interactions than people with cognitive problems who get all their medications from one place, a study of U.S. veterans suggests.
Calls or texts from pharmacies before major storms help prompt people to stock up on their medications, according to a new study.
OSLO Danish Novo Nordisk said on Monday it has filed for the European Union and the U.S. approval of semaglutide to treat adults with type 2 diabetes.