TRIPOLI Unable to get specialist care for his six-year-old daughter in Libya or a visa for treatment abroad, Abdulhakim Shaybi bought a motor boat and set off with her last month across the Mediterranean.
- 'Brain training' cut dementia risk in healthy adults -U.S. study
- First baby with Zika-related birth defect born in New York City |
- Florida tests more than 200 residents in Zika probe
- Alaska's top court rejects parental notice for abortions
- Obama signs into law opioid addiction bill to protect newborns
SHANGHAI China health authorities have started a nationwide inspection of vaccinations four months after a scandal broke involving nearly $90 million worth of illegal vaccines that were suspected of being sold in dozens of provinces.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International said on Friday U.S. regulators have raised concerns over a new eye drop manufactured at a Bausch + Lomb facility in Florida.
The European Medicines Agency (EMA) recommended suspending sales of some generic drugs after a review found that data collected by a contract research company in India for their approval was unreliable.
CHICAGO As U.S. public health officials try to determine whether Zika has arrived in the country, doctors are establishing guidelines on how to care for the rising number of babies whose mothers were infected with the virus during pregnancy.