WASHINGTON A seven-year Republican effort to repeal and replace Obamacare faces a major test this week in the U.S. Senate, where lawmakers will decide whether to move forward and vote on a bill whose details and prospects are uncertain.
- HIV fight advances with new drug cocktails, fresh vaccine hopes
- Samsung Bioepis launches U.S. sales of Remicade biosmiliar
- Parents often make follow-up care mistakes after kids leave hospital
- FDA staff raise concerns about Intellipharma's opioid painkiller
- Hopes for HIV cure revived by African child in remission
YANGON Myanmar called for calm on Monday after 13 people were confirmed to have contracted H1N1 influenza and a boy had died with flu-like symptoms, raising fears of a new outbreak of a virus also known as swine flu.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky Patricia Canon drives poor rural Kentucky women to distant abortion clinics each week, part of a national army of volunteers who are growing bolder even as abortion foes ratchet up opposition to the activists they have branded as "accomplices to murder."
LONDON, HIV experts at an international conference starting on Saturday are keenly courting colleagues in oncology to explore whether advances in harnessing the immune system against cancer can help the search for a cure for AIDS.
NEW DELHI The state government in India's capital told Philip Morris International Inc and other tobacco companies on Saturday to remove all advertisements from tobacco shops in the city, warning them of legal action if they do not comply.