WASHINGTON U.S. House leaders have decided against holding a vote on a reworked healthcare system overhaul this week after failing to find the necessary support, congressional aides said on Thursday. | Video
- FDA approves Bayer's Stivarga to treat most common liver cancer
- South Korea fines Novartis $49 million over kickbacks, suspends insurance payment
- Police-associated injury not on the rise in U.S.
- UK cancer fund was poor value and may have caused patient suffering
- Can puppies protect babies from allergies and obesity?
(Reuters Health) - For young women running on little sleep, 10 minutes of stair walking increased energy more than the amount of caffeine in a soda or half a cup of coffee, according to a small study.
(Reuters Health) - College is increasingly a gateway for young adults in the U.S. to begin using marijuana and the risk keeps growing the more “normalized” pot use becomes, researchers say.
Biomarin Pharmaceuticals Inc said the annual price for its drug, which won U.S. approval on Thursday, to treat a rare and fatal type of pediatric brain disease is expected to be $486,000 after mandatory government discounts and rebates.
(Reuters Health) - Older adults who want to get moving to help boost their brain function have a wide variety of workouts to choose from, a research review suggests.