SEOUL South Korea said on Thursday it has fined Swiss drugmaker Novartis 55.1 billion won ($48.80 million) for offering doctors kickbacks to recommend the company's drugs, and also suspended insurance coverage for some of its drugs.
- Conservatives back latest U.S. healthcare bill, obstacles remain
- Swiss drugmaker Roche confident sales growth will overcome generic threat
- Synairgen loses half its value as AstraZeneca dumps drug
- Drugmaker AbbVie's profit, revenue beat as Humira sales rise
- Bristol-Myers beats Wall St estimates, helped by Cancer drug Opdivo
U.S. biotechnology company Celgene Corp reported lower-than-expected sales, hurt in part by soft demand for its psoriasis treatment even as sales of its flagship drug Revlimid beat estimates.
Merck & Co's cholesterol-reducing drug Vytorin faces competition for the first time ever after two companies announced progress on their generic versions of a drug that generated more than $1 billion in sales last year.
(Reuters Health) - Women who manage to conceive after surviving childhood cancer may encounter treatment-related pregnancy and labor complications if they got radiation for their malignancies, a recent study suggests.
WASHINGTON The Trump administration will continue to pay subsidies for low-income Americans receiving healthcare coverage under Obamacare, but no decisions have been made about future funding, a White House official said on Wednesday.