WASHINGTON U.S. President Donald Trump acknowledged that a lack of support from four Senate Republicans leaves the party's healthcare overhaul on a "very, very narrow path" to passage, but signaled a willingness to work with them to make changes.
- Novartis breast cancer drug Kisqali wins European panel backing
- High hopes ride on marijuana painkillers amid opioid crisis
- United Nations stresses for support for Haiti cholera fight
- Saudi crown prince donates $66 million to fight Yemen cholera epidemic
- Breast implant techniques vary widely around the world
WASHINGTON The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Friday approved a new oral blood-thinner made by Portola Pharmaceuticals Inc to prevent deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolisms in acutely ill patients who are not undergoing surgery.
FRANKFURT Germany's Merck KGaA has won a key recommendation to become a late entrant to the market for oral multiple sclerosis (MS) drugs in Europe, six years after its first attempt to launch the cladribine pill failed.
European regulators on Friday recommended the approval of Aveo Pharmaceuticals Inc's drug to treat kidney cancer, marking a big victory for the U.S. biotech that has faced a number of setbacks in bringing the drug to the market.
FRANKFURT European regulators have recommended approval of a second copy of AbbVie's rheumatoid arthritis drug Humira, the world's top-selling medicine, in a further boost for so-called biosimilars in the region.