The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has closed down its highest security biosafety laboratories after discovering that hoses that supply air to scientists wearing special protective suits were never approved for that use, the agency said on Friday.
- South Korea to establish foot-and-mouth vaccine plant by 2020
- Hard to detect, China bird flu virus may be more widespread
- Top Senate Republican: Will move on healthcare when support coalesces
- UnitedHealth sued by U.S. government over Medicare charges
- Prescription-drug monitoring cuts doctor-shopping for painkillers
(Reuters Health) - Seniors who practice tai chi - a Chinese meditation practice that combines deep breathing and slow, fluid movements - may be less likely to fall than their peers who don't do this type of exercise, a recent study suggests.
WASHINGTON President Donald Trump said on Thursday he would be submitting planned reforms to the Affordable Care Act in early March or mid-March.
WASHINGTON U.S. President Donald Trump's choice to lead an important health agency said on Thursday that the way pharmaceutical companies classify products as generic or branded needs to be reviewed in order to help hold down government spending, as she cited Mylan NV's EpiPen emergency allergy treatment.
SHANGHAI Four years ago, a bird flu outbreak in China killed at least three dozen people, triggered mass poultry culling, put masks on millions of Chinese faces and hammered shares in fast food and travel companies.