ZURICH As Novartis considers asset sales that could raise $50 billion, investors are worried any cash raised may give the Swiss drugmaker firepower for another unsuccessful megadeal.
- Ban on foreign funds for non-profit may hurt India health programs
- Gilead's HIV drug meets goal in four late-stage studies
- Congo approves use of Ebola vaccination to fight outbreak
- Spain arrests 14 on suspicion of making, selling performance-enhancing drugs
- Injury rates in young female athletes may be underestimated
TOKYO British American Tobacco will expand sales of its "glo" tobacco-heating device to Tokyo and Osaka from July and roll it out nationwide by year-end, intensifying a battle with Philip Morris International for a share of Japan's vaping market.
PARIS Duck farmers in southwestern France resumed operations on Monday with the latest outbreak of bird flu now deemed to be under control after the culling of millions of birds and a six-week halt to production.
Providing new mothers with a “baby box” - a cardboard bassinet with a mattress and fitted cotton sheet - reduces the likelihood that they’ll adopt the unsafe habit of sharing a bed with their newborn, new research shows.
Older people are the group most likely to need cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), but they are the least likely to have training in the life-saving technique, according to new findings.