WASHINGTON Mitch McConnell, the U.S. Senate's top Republican, clung to slim hopes on Tuesday that his party could still dismantle Obamacare, despite not having adequate support for a repeal bill. | Video
- Axovant to pull plug on Alzheimer's drug after key study fails
- Vets in Philippines turn to technology to track and tackle rabies |
- Earthquakes literally broke hearts in New Zealand
- F1 team uses racing car technology to keep newborns safe in ambulances |
- U.S. FDA joins Interpol crackdown on illicit online pharmacies
PTC Therapeutics Inc has not supplied persuasive evidence that its experimental drug to treat a form of Duchenne muscular dystrophy is effective, a preliminary review by scientists at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration concluded.
CVC Capital Partners [CVC.UL] and other private equity owners are exploring options for generic drugmaker Alvogen, including a sale, which could be valued at about $4 billion, Bloomberg reported on Tuesday.
CARACAS Venezuela's doctors, fed up with what they called the World Health Organization's passive attitude toward the country's deep medical crisis, protested at the agency's Caracas office on Monday to demand more pressure on the government and additional assistance.
(Reuters Health) - Recently proposed changes to U.S. immigration policy may slow the progress of medical research, some doctors argue.