WASHINGTON U.S. President Barack Obama ordered intelligence agencies to review cyber attacks and foreign intervention into the 2016 election and deliver a report before he leaves office on Jan. 20, homeland security adviser Lisa Monaco said on Friday.
Recent Technology News
FRANKFURT Technical trade secrets were stolen from the steel production and manufacturing plant design divisions of ThyssenKrupp AG in cyber attacks earlier this year, the German company said on Thursday.
LONDON British satellite company Inmarsat will switch to using Arianespace from rival SpaceX to launch a new satellite to provide broadband connectivity to air passengers, it said on Thursday.
BERLIN Germany's domestic intelligence agency on Thursday reported a striking increase in Russian propaganda and disinformation campaigns aimed at destabilizing German society, and targeted cyber attacks against political parties.
MOSCOW Russia's communications regulator said on Thursday it had a constructive meeting with representatives of LinkedIn Corp., a social networking website it blocked last month over its failure to comply with a data storage law.
FRANKFURT Germany is investigating whether Volkswagen's (VW) sportscar brand Porsche used software to disguise exhaust emissions, the country's car industry regulator said on Thursday, in a fresh blow to VW's attempts to move on from a 15 month-old scandal.
- Coke veteran Quincey to replace Kent as CEO in widely expected move
- Twenty-First Century Fox approaches Britain's Sky for takeover
- Wall Street hits record high for third day in a row
- U.S. wholesale inventories fall in October
- In Trump stronghold, factories are humming but paychecks are thin
- Among the shocks, steady global growth is the biggest surprise
- Aixtron considers partial sell-off after Chinese deal blocked
- Russia to hold additional talks before OPEC, non-OPEC meeting
- Trump offers Goldman executive Cohn key economic post: NBC