- Apple Inc's blowout second quarter, coming after record iPhone sales in the holiday shopping season, laid to rest doubts that the company could sustain its scorching pace of growth. | Video
Recent Technology News
CHICAGO - PayPal, eBay Inc's electronic payments division, said on Tuesday it will extend its single-touch payment service from mobile devices to online transactions to try to reduce the $4 trillion in merchandise abandoned in retailers' online shopping carts every year due to complicated checkout procedures.
BRUSSELS - All cars and light vans in Europe will have to be fitted with automatic emergency calling devices from April 2018 under new rules approved by European Union lawmakers on Tuesday, which could cut road deaths by 10 percent a year.
NEW YORK - A Manhattan federal judge has denied a request for a new trial for Ross Ulbricht, the man convicted of being the mastermind behind the Silk Road online black market for illegal drugs
TOKYO - Japan's Panasonic Corp said it remains on track for a fourth straight year of operating profit growth, vindicating a restructuring that has seen the electronics firm pivot toward new goods like auto parts and away from former glories like TVs.
- Corning Inc the supplier of Gorilla glass to Apple Inc and Samsung Electronics Co Ltd, said it expects to sell more LCD glass in the second quarter.
- Wall Street moves higher after erratic early trading
- Talks on EU-U.S. trade deal to stretch into 2016: EU says
- U.S. auto safety regulator poised for action on Takata, Jeep recalls
- Ford first-quarter profit misses expectations, 2015 profit outlook affirmed |
- U.S. homeownership dips, but household formation rises
- 'Flash crash' accused trader due back in court after failing to raise bail
- Citigroup leaders win shareholder support as stock lags
- Tsipras presses for May debt deal, threatens referendum |
- Deutsche Bank co-CEO Fitschen goes on trial in Kirch case