BEIJING - Inside Alibaba, where co-founders are revered like rock stars, relatively few employees know about the soft-spoken executive who for years kept his same cramped office, unfashionable clothes and the self-effacing demeanor of a metalworker's son.
Recent Technology News
DETROIT - An Acura RLX sedan demonstrated an unusual way to tow another car this week: the vehicles were not physically attached. The second car drove itself, following instructions beamed over by the first in a feat of technology that indicates a new stage in automation is happening faster than many expected.
- Customers may have to wait three to four weeks to get their hands on Apple Inc's iPhone 6 Plus, after a record number of orders for the company's latest smartphones strained available supply.
- China growth worries rattle Asian stocks, Aussie dollar
- World waits for white smoke from U.S. Fed
- Heineken confirms, rebuffs SABMiller bid
- Cargill fires first shot in legal battle over GMO trade responsibility
- Investors team up to find path through risky dark pools
- Bank of Portugal picks new CEO for BES successor Novo Banco
- Central banks inflating 'elevated' asset prices: BIS
- Growing foreign fund influence a risk for emerging markets: BIS
- Show us the money: EU seeks billions of euros to revive economy |
- Samsung accuses rival LG exec of vandalizing washing machines