SEOUL Samsung Electronics Co Ltd said it would set up a 500 billion won ($445 million) fund to help small suppliers, the highest-profile South Korean firm to unveil steps in the wake of new President Moon Jae-in's call to protect small businesses.
Recent Technology News
BRUSSELS British Prime Minister Theresa May will urge the world's major industrialized nations on Friday to unite to force technology companies to tackle "extremist material" and stop militants who are moving their fight "from the battlefield to the internet".
NEW YORK Kik Interactive, which created the chat platform Kik, said on Thursday it was launching a crypto-currency or token called Kin that would enable customers to use a whole range of digital services.
SAN FRANCISCO Wally Nowinski got his first car when he turned 16 in Michigan, the home of the U.S. auto industry. But after two years of living in New York City, he sold his wheels, using ride services, carsharing and bike sharing to get around. | Video
SHANGHAI Google's artificial intelligence program, AlphaGo, beat Chinese Go master Ke Jie for a second time on Thursday, taking an unassailable 2-0 lead in a best of three series meant to test the limits of computers in taking on humans at complex tasks. | Video
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg returned on Thursday to Harvard University, the school he dropped out of to start the pioneering social network, to urge its graduating class to help create a new social safety net to allow creative risk-taking. | Video
- Oil languishes after OPEC fails to deepen supply cuts, Asia stocks retreat
- OPEC, non-OPEC extend oil output cut by nine months to fight glut |
- Big drop in U.S. oil stocks finally on the way, traders say
- U.S. inflation path since 2012 is worrisome, policymaker says
- New Ford CEO relies on veterans to reboot profits
- Jobless claims edge up; goods trade deficit widens
- Exclusive: Bankrupt Westinghouse ends pensions for ex-CEOs, executives
- Oil remains weak after OPEC-led output cut extension falls below expectations
- Wilbur Ross seeks bigger budget for trade enforcement
- GM is accused in lawsuit of cheating on diesel truck emissions