SINGAPORE - North Korea's internet links have been restored, but it is not clear how stable they are, the U.S.-based internet monitoring company Dyn said on Tuesday.
Recent Technology News
SEOUL - Computer systems at South Korea’s nuclear plant operator have been hacked, the company said on Monday, sharply raising concerns about safeguards around nuclear facilities in a country that remains technically at war with North Korea.
WASHINGTON - U.S. Federal Communications Commission on Monday once again paused its review of the proposed $45 billion merger of Comcast Corp and Time Warner Cable Inc, citing delays in getting documents from Time Warner Cable.
TAIPEI/SHANGHAI - Uber Technologies Inc is under fire in Taiwan and the Chinese mainland mega city Chongqing over concerns that it and its drivers are not appropriately licensed, adding to a string of official complaints aimed at the fast-growing U.S. start-up.
SINGAPORE/SHANGHAI - China's Xiaomi [XTC.UL] is raising over $1 billion from investors including Singapore sovereign wealth fund GIC that would value the smartphone maker at over $45 billion, a person familiar with the deal said.
- Asia pauses after Wall Street peak, dollar stands tall
- Alstom to pay record $772 million to settle bribery charges with U.S.
- Oil prices edge up, trading thin ahead of Christmas
- BMW expands Takata air bag recall to nationwide U.S.
- Dow, S&P end at records in fourth straight day of gains for Wall Street |
- U.S. existing home sales hit six-month low, inventories low |
- Russia in recession in 2015, ruble to stay pressured: Reuters poll |
- Icahn's money could keep Atlantic City casino open another year: lawyer
- Madoff victims' payout nearing $7.2 billion: trustee
- Gucci to check Chinese suppliers after TV exploitation charges