SAN FRANCISCO/BEIJING - The settlement of China's anti-trust probe into Qualcomm Inc is likely to intensify global scrutiny of the firm's highly profitable patent licensing business, and may even call into question its worldwide contracts with smartphone makers such as Apple and Samsung.
Recent Technology News
BOSTON - Sony Corp worked for a third day on Saturday to restore services to its PlayStation network as the FBI said it was looking into the disruption, which began on Christmas Day.
SAN FRANCISCO - A previously undisclosed hacking campaign against military targets in Israel and Europe is probably backed by a country that misused security-testing software to cover its tracks and enhance its capability, researchers said.
- Microsoft Corp's Xbox Live was back up on Friday while Sony Corp's PlayStation Network remained offline for a second day after a hacker group claimed responsibility for attacking the two Internet gaming services. | Video
DUBAI - Iran is to expand what it calls "smart filtering" of the Internet, a policy of censoring undesirable content on websites without banning them completely, as it used to, the government said on Friday.
- Amazon.com Inc said on Friday it drew more than 10 million new members to its Prime shipping and digital content service over the holidays and intends to offer one-hour shipping to more cities in 2015.
- Asia follows Wall Street up, euro wobbles before Greek vote
- Oil prices climb on worries over Libyan supply
- Lion Capital sends letter to American Apparel urging it to explore options: source
- ECB's Weidmann says German 2015 growth may be better than expected
- AirAsia shares fall 11 percent after plane goes missing
- China's trade growth seen falling short of target in 2014
- China's November industrial profits suffer sharpest fall in 27 months
- Volkswagen's Audi to step up investments in 2015-19 on models, plants
- Big questions for markets for 2015