WASHINGTON The U.S. Senate on Thursday voted narrowly to repeal regulations requiring internet service providers to do more to protect customers' privacy than websites like Alphabet Inc's Google or Facebook Inc .
Recent Technology News
Uber Canada on Thursday urged the Canadian government to retain a tax advantage available to ride-services companies, a day after the country's Liberal administration proposed removing the measure.
NEW DELHI Global ride-hailing firm Uber Technologies is rethinking its car leasing strategy in India, its second-biggest market, as drivers have returned dozens of leased cars early after the company cut incentives, people familiar with the matter told Reuters.
Consulting and outsourcing services provider Accenture Plc slightly raised its full-year profit forecast, but the revised outlook was still largely below market expectations, sending the company's shares down as much as 4.5 percent.
BEIJING Chinese automaker Chery Automobile Co Ltd [CHERY.UL] has filed a complaint with the country's trademark regulator over Mercedes-Benz's use of the "EQ" name for a line of green-energy vehicles, throwing up a potential road block for the Daimler AG unit in the world's largest electric car market.
BOAO, China India's top software services exporter Tata Consultancy Services will step up local hiring in the United States and has no plans to cut investments there as it continues to expect robust growth from its biggest overseas market.
- Dollar hangs on for U.S. healthcare vote, Asia shares muted
- New home sales hit seven-month high; jobless claims rise
- SEC charges two Israeli residents with Mobileye insider trading
- Oil edges up as Saudis cut supplies to U.S., but global glut remains
- Samsung Electronics says difficult to adopt holding company structure
- Disney board extends CEO Iger's contract by one year
- Saudi in 'serious discussions' with NYSE for Aramco IPO listing: foreign minister
- Sears' plan to sell brands no salve for financial woes