BEIJING Samsung Electronics Co Ltd, the world's biggest smartphone maker, said on Thursday more than 1 million people globally are now using Galaxy Note 7 smartphones with batteries that are not vulnerable to overheating and catching fire.
Recent Technology News
PARIS/FRANKFURT Alarmed by the threat posed by Silicon Valley firms to their businesses in developing autonomous driving systems, it was evident at the Paris Motor Show this week that carmakers are seeking to fight back by cooperating in areas of technology development where previously they might have tried to compete.
READING, England Heavy machinery whirrs and clanks on the factory floor of precision metalworking firm Robert Bion & Co, where a planned three-meter robotic arm would have been speeding up output by now, if Britain had not voted to leave the European Union.
Apple Inc and Deloitte LLP announced a partnership on Wednesday in which the consultant will open a new practice to help corporate clients work with Apple products, the tech firm's latest attempt to boost enterprise sales as its key product, the iPhone, shows signs of maturation.
WATERLOO, Ontario BlackBerry Ltd's decision to outsource the development of its smartphones helps it avoid the risks of a competitive market and focus on its more lucrative businesses of software and managing rival devices, its chief executive said on Wednesday. | Video
AMSTERDAM TomTom NV will supply traffic data to Volvo Trucks and Volkswagen's Skoda cars in deals announced on Thursday by the navigation services provider.
- Oil shares lift global stocks but crude dips after OPEC boost
- OPEC agrees modest oil output curbs in first deal since 2008 |
- Oil prices slip as focus shifts to details of OPEC deal
- Wells Fargo chief Stumpf heads to Hill with pressure mounting
- Takata should file for bankruptcy protection, all five bidders say: sources
- Fed, BOJ add shine to risk-parity strategy
- BlackRock to offer infrastructure funds via independent advisers
- Exclusive: Genel Chairman Tony Hayward to step down next year - sources
- New Adidas CEO sets off in pursuit of Nike