PARIS - Video-sharing website Dailymotion, owned by French telecoms operator Orange, is close to signing a partnership in the United States and is working on another in Asia to help it to take on market leader YouTube.
Recent Technology News
SHANGHAI - The price gap between bitcoins trading in Chinese yuan and those sold for other currencies has evaporated in recent days, highlighting the porous nature of China's capital controls.
NAIROBI - East Africa's biggest economies have launched an integrated real-time cross-border payments system designed to remove bottlenecks to business and bolster intra-regional trade, Kenya's central bank said on Wednesday.
- An Indian court ruling expected on Thursday could determine whether Nokia will be free to transfer a phone-making factory to Microsoft Corp or pay as much as $3.4 billion in disputed taxes.
HONG KONG - Alibaba Group Holding Ltd said on Wednesday it is seeking to extend the draw-down period of an $8 billion loan from January next year, a move people familiar with the e-commerce company's plans said would buy it more time to launch an IPO.
CHANGHUA, Taiwan - Google Inc opened its first two data centers in Asia on Wednesday to cater to the world's fastest growing consumer technology markets, but the company has no plans to open one in China or India.
- Wall Street dips as investors mull Fed tapering after budget deal
- U.S. poised for stronger growth in 2014, Fed to taper by March: Reuters poll
- For Fed, delivering a message on policy path is new focus
- Peugeot and Dongfeng agree deal outline: FT
- Avon to stop order management technology roll-out; cuts 650 jobs
- Union machinists held talks with Boeing on 777X
- UK fraud prosecutor launches review after Dahdaleh case collapses
- Higher operating expenses pinch Costco profit
- Three more Swiss banks join U.S. tax deal
- India toughens insider trading rules