NEW YORK - IBM Corp has been sued by a shareholder who accused it of concealing how its ties to what became a major U.S. spying scandal reduced business in China and ultimately caused its market value to plunge more than $12 billion.
Recent Technology News
WASHINGTON - Major U.S. wireless carriers on Thursday pledged to make it easier for consumers to "unlock" their mobile phones for use on competitors' networks, responding to pressure from consumer groups and the top U.S. communications regulator.
NEW YORK - Cisco Systems Chief Executive John Chambers said on Thursday that the network equipment company is preparing for a long battle to improve its business in China, one that will not be won "in a quarter or two."
- Adobe Systems Inc, the maker of Photoshop and Acrobat software, forecast current-quarter results below analysts' estimates but reported a 22 percent jump in the number of subscribers to its Creative Cloud suite from the preceding quarter.
NEW YORK - Cisco Systems Inc on Thursday cut its longer-term earnings and revenue growth targets due to problems in emerging markets, conservative customer spending and stalling growth in its core business of network equipment, the latest in a drumbeat of bleak developments at the Silicon Valley company.
NEW YORK/SAN FRANCISCO - Photo-sharing service Instagram unveiled a new feature Thursday that allows users to send images and messages privately, as the Facebook-owned company sought to bolster its appeal among younger consumers who are increasingly using mobile messaging applications.
- Shares frozen in Fed headlights, yen hits the skids
- Analysis: SEC plans to take more cases to trial despite losses
- Coke to split North American business into two
- Anadarko, Kerr-McGee liable for Tronox cleanup costs: U.S. judge
- Ford to hire 11,000 in U.S., Asia amid new model push
- Boeing to move research jobs out of Washington state
- Singapore says in 'no particular hurry' to buy Lockheed F-35 jets
- Machinists reject Boeing labor contract offer
- Wall St. drops on taper anxiety; Facebook rallies