WASHINGTON/SAN FRANCISCO - AT&T Inc spent close to half the total in the record-setting U.S. sale of airwaves for mobile data, with Dish Network Corp spending heavily to manage a surprise win at No.2 ahead of Verizon, results showed on Friday.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - A U.S. judge appeared skeptical on Friday about Uber's bid for a quick pretrial ruling that its drivers are contractors and not employees, a critical question facing Silicon Valley's sharing economy.
BRUSSELS - The European Commission is mulling a new law requiring telecoms companies to store communications data of EU citizens as part of its efforts to fight terrorism, after a top court struck down the previous one on privacy concerns.
SAN FRANCISCO - After years of giving investors the cold shoulder, Amazon.com Inc is starting to warm up to Wall Street.
BEIJING/SAN FRANCISCO - Draft Chinese government regulation would force technology vendors to meet stringent security tests before they can sell to China's banks, an acceleration of efforts to curb the country's reliance on foreign technology that has drawn a sharp response from U.S. business groups.
- Asian shares skid as China data raises growth concerns
- Obama targets foreign profits with tax proposal, Republicans skeptical
- Oil prices fall after last week's surge, strike action
- Justice Department probing Moody's for mortgage deal grades: WSJ
- CRH to buy Lafarge, Holcim assets for 6.5 billion euros
- Budweiser, Snickers win in high-stakes Super Bowl ad battle
- Ford CFO says sees ongoing problems in Russia: Handelsblatt
- Fed's 'solid' growth view faces test as Greek drama unfolds
- Energy may see further weakness as key names report
- U.S. regulators recall 2.1 million vehicles in new air bag issue