SAN FRANCISCO A total of 34 artificial intelligence startups were acquired in the first quarter of this year, more than twice the amount of activity in the year-ago quarter, according to the research firm CB Insights.
Recent Technology News
ROME A Rome court annulled a short-lived ban on ride-hailing app Uber on Friday in the latest twist to a battle between the San Francisco-based multinational and Italy's traditional taxi cabs.
Coinbase said on Thursday it suffered outages this week as the bitcoin exchange saw "unprecedented traffic and trading," with the digital currency hitting record levels.
SEOUL Samsung Electronics Co Ltd said it would set up a 500 billion won ($445 million) fund to help small suppliers, the highest-profile South Korean firm to unveil steps in the wake of new President Moon Jae-in's call to protect small businesses.
NEW YORK Kik Interactive, which created the chat platform Kik, said on Thursday it was launching a crypto-currency or token called Kin that would enable customers to use a whole range of digital services.
NAIROBI Vodafone's popular mobile financial services M-Pesa will expand into more African countries, giving millions of people access to banking services without the need for a bank account, the chief executive of Safaricom said.
- U.S. economy slowed less than expected in first quarter; outlook cloudier |
- China's reforms not enough to arrest mounting debt: Moody's
- Wall St. drifts before long weekend, but consumer stocks up
- In Aramco IPO pitch, Canada plays up its natural resources expertise
- OPEC ponders how to co-exist with U.S. shale oil
- Exclusive: China's COFCO overhauls Brazil business after accounting crisis - sources
- Some investors bet Brazil has further room to fall
- Exclusive: Fidelity may back climate resolutions, a milestone for activists
- U.S. home prices to rise at a strong pace on tight supply: Reuters poll