TAIPEI - China Mobile Ltd said it's still in talks with Apple Inc to sell iPhones amid mounting industry speculation that the pair are about to announce a deal to net the technology giant hundreds of millions of potential new customers.
Recent Technology News
LONDON - Online gambling company Bwin.Party said on Wednesday the outlook for next year was positive thanks to betting on the soccer World Cup and growth prospects in the United States.
TORONTO - Canada will introduce legislation to cap the wholesale roaming rates that big wireless providers charge smaller rivals, the government said on Wednesday, as part of its sputtering drive to foster competition and lower consumer costs.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama will meet on Wednesday with a panel he appointed to review privacy issues related to government surveillance programs, days after the group submitted a report on their findings, the White House said.
ST. LOUIS - The U.S. Treasury Department's anti money-laundering unit is warning businesses linked to the digital currency Bitcoin that they may have to comply with federal law and regulation as money transmitters, a Treasury spokesman said.
SAN FRANCISCO - Hewlett-Packard Chief Executive Meg Whitman gave up her symbolic $1 salary and now draws an annual base salary of $1.5 million, reflecting the 93 percent rise in the company's stock so far this year.
- Robust housing data point to strengthening economy
- Fed faces tough call on bond buying as economy strengthens |
- FedEx second-quarter profit misses estimate; revs drop at biggest unit
- U.S. private sector maintains growth pace in December: Markit
- Ford expects less profit in 2014, shares fall
- AirAsiaX eyes connectivity with $6 billion Airbus deal
- Wall Street ticks up, Fed decision awaited |
- RBS appoints 'bad bank' boss to lead Citizens, 'Rainbow' IPOs
- Former Irish bank executives charged with fraud
- Boeing's Muilenburg to be named chief operating officer -source