SAN FRANCISCO Amazon.com Inc's ventures far beyond online retail, from cloud computing to movie making, are raising questions among corporate strategy experts about its focus.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO Tesla Inc is recruiting engineers from Mexico to work on robotics and other automated equipment at its California factory, according to LinkedIn postings viewed by Reuters, part of a hiring push to ready the plant for mass production of the upcoming Model 3.
Twitter Inc Chief Executive Jack Dorsey snapped up more than half a million of the company's shares for about $9.5 million, a regulatory filing on Friday showed.
Apple Inc urged California to toughen up its proposed policy on testing self-driving cars, a move that would result in more public data that could help Apple catch up to rivals in the self-driving space by giving it a better window into their strengths and weaknesses.
Tesla Inc on Friday said that its subsidiary SolarCity will curtail door-to-door sales of rooftop solar installations over the next month as Tesla seeks to absorb the company into its high-end brand.
ASML, the world's third largest semiconductor equipment maker, said on Friday it had counter-sued rival Nikon, after the Japanese company launched a wide-ranging patent battle against the Dutch company this week.
- China April manufacturing growth slows faster than expected
- South Korea already working on reducing trade surplus with U.S.: finance minister
- British PM May sets out plans to protect pensions during takeovers
- Off target in 2016, global elite regroup at Milken conference
- Sudden collapse of Alitalia would be a shock to Italy's economy-minister
- Zalando ponders opening stores in major cities: Manager Magazin
- In first 100 days, a reversal of fortune for Trump favorites on Wall Street
- U.S. first quarter growth weakest in three years as consumer spending falters |