BlackBerry Ltd reported first-quarter sales that missed analysts' forecasts due to an unexpected drop in its high-margin software and professional services sales, sending its shares down more than 10 percent in early morning trade.
Recent Technology News
BERLIN The chief executive of German publisher Axel Springer is confident that internet companies like Facebook, Snapchat and Google will help news providers make more money from their content.
WASHINGTON U.S. President Donald Trump offered support for emerging technologies including unmanned aerial vehicles and next-generation wireless networks in a meeting on Thursday with the chiefs of AT&T Inc and General Electric Co and other business leaders.
NEW YORK Amazon.com Inc is looking to charge advertisers $2.8 million for packages that include 30-second spots during the Thursday night National Football League games it will stream live to its Prime customers this coming season, two people familiar with the matter told Reuters. | Video
Exclusive: China Unicom counts Alibaba, Tencent among investors in drive to raise $10 billion - sources
HONG KONG Chinese tech giants Alibaba Group Holdings and Tencent Holdings will be among new investors pouring a total of around $10 billion into mobile carrier China Unicom, sources said, part of efforts by Beijing to rejuvenate state behemoths with private cash.
MOSCOW Russia's communications regulator Roskomnadzor on Friday accused the Telegram messaging app of violating Russian legislation and said it could be blocked if it did not provide the watchdog with information about the company that controls Telegram.
- S&P, Nasdaq open flat; Dow slightly lower
- U.S. new single-family home sales rebound in May
- Ford recalls 15,600 cars in South Africa over fire risk
- Canada's CIBC completes $5 billion PrivateBancorp buy
- VW waives appeal against German dieselgate compensation cases
- American Airlines pushes back on Qatar Airways plan to buy stake |
- Accenture unloads $1.6 billion in pension liabilities to AIG, MassMutual
- Elbit Systems says innovation key to crowded drone market
- Policy ponder: central banks head for the Portuguese hills