Alphabet Inc's non-advertising business, which houses its cloud unit, Pixel smartphones and the Play store, has long been sandwiched between Google's advertising juggernaut and its moonshot ventures that have captured popular imagination.
Recent Technology News
Tesla Inc on Friday said that its subsidiary SolarCity will curtail door-to-door sales of rooftop solar installations over the next month as Tesla seeks to absorb the company into its high-end brand.
ASML, the world's third largest semiconductor equipment maker, said on Friday it had counter-sued rival Nikon, after the Japanese company launched a wide-ranging patent battle against the Dutch company this week.
MILAN Milan tax police have told Amazon they believes the world's largest online retailer has evaded around 130 million euros ($142 million) of taxes in Italy, a source close to the matter said on Friday.
Qualcomm Inc slashed its current-quarter profit and revenue forecasts on Friday, amid an escalating legal battle between the chipmaker and Apple Inc.
HONG KONG Chinese smartphone maker Huawei Technologies [HWT.UL] has come under fire from users for "cutting corners", after it said it used a mix of less advanced and powerful chips in its flagship P10 model due to tight supplies of the parts.
- Wall Street slips on weak GDP data, but indexes rise in April |
- In first 100 days, a reversal of fortune for Trump favorites on Wall Street
- U.S. first quarter growth weakest in three years as consumer spending falters |
- U.S. Congress passes short-term bill to avert government shutdown |
- U.S. gasoline demand falls for second straight month: EIA
- Shaw Communications explores selling ViaWest: sources
- Weekahead: Hot earnings to keep fire under growth-stock rally
- U.S. appeals court blocks Anthem bid to merge with rival Cigna