- Apple Inc's mobile payment system Apple Pay has been hit by a wave of fraudulent transactions using stolen credit-card data from a spate of breaches at retailers, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
Recent Technology News
BARCELONA - Apple's rivals want to benefit from its magic, hoping that its long awaited new smartwatch will finally conjure demand for wearable technology that has so far generated more buzz about its potential than actual sales.
NEW YORK - The U.S. Marshals Service on Thursday held its third auction of bitcoins seized from Ross Ulbricht, convicted of operating black-market website Silk Road, with a sale of 50,000 units attracting higher demand than the previous auction.
- Globally, an estimated 2.5 billion people don't have a bank account, but many own a cellphone, fuelling a race to turn these phones into bank books for the 'unbanked' to store cash, manage their accounts, make purchases and send and receive money - part of so-called 'financial inclusion'.
NEW YORK - Will the tech leaders of today be the has-beens of tomorrow?
SAN FRANCISCO - Former venture capitalist Ellen Pao could take the stand as early as Thursday in her gender discrimination lawsuit against her previous employer Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, giving testimony that will likely make or break the case.
- Dollar juiced up for jobs data, Nikkei hits a high
- U.S. factory orders fall for sixth straight month
- Soft U.S. data hints at near-term hiccup in economic growth
- U.S. banks pass Fed capital test, trading books hurt |
- NHTSA could tap unexercised authority to speed Takata recalls
- AbbVie boosts cancer drug pipeline with $21 billion Pharmacyclics deal |
- Volkswagen to announce $1 billion investment in Mexico: source
- Exclusive: Commerzbank nears $1.4 billion-plus settlement with U.S. - sources
- BofA's $8.5 billion mortgage bond settlement wins approval