HONG KONG - Chinese appliance maker Haier Electronics Group Co Ltd agreed to team with e-commerce giant Alibaba Group to further develop its logistics business, in a move that sent Haier Electronic's stock to a 14-year high.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - At Pinterest, the four-year-old online bulletin board service that is valued near $3.8 billion, some 70 percent of the users are female. But the company's board of directors is 100 percent male. | Video
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court agreed on Friday to rule on the divisive issue of what kinds of software are eligible for patent protection in a case being closely watched by the technology industry.
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple Inc has paid its leading outside law firm approximately $60 million to wage patent litigation against Samsung Electronics Co Ltd in a California federal court, according to Apple legal documents filed late on Thursday.
AMSTERDAM/FRANKFURT - Philips, Samsung Electronics and Media-Saturn, Europe's largest chain of consumer electronics stores, said on Friday they were among companies visited by European Commission officers this week on suspicion of breaking competition rules.
LONDON - Bookmakers are preparing for a tax avoidance crackdown on online gambling in Britain that will cost the industry 300 million pounds ($490 million) a year, putting a brake on the fastest growing part of their businesses.
- Asian shares advance on China trade, falling yen
- China November inflation slows to 3 percent, eases tightening fear
- After vote, lawsuits likely next hurdle for Volcker rule
- Ex-Barclays boss Diamond targets Africa for banking return
- Supreme Court justice denies stay in airline merger
- Mexican Senate committees debate revamped energy reform
- Fearing the Fed, aching for the ECB
- HSBC considers floating UK banking business: FT
- French finance minister hopeful EU bank union deal clinched before year-end
- Banks trim risk but fail to raise provisions ahead of EU review