FRANKFURT/HELSINKI - A consortium of German premium carmakers has agreed to buy Nokia's mapping business HERE for 2.5 billion euros ($2.74 billion), in a push to extend the reach of automakers into digital services for connected cars.
Recent Technology News
TOKYO - The Japanese affiliate of Ernst & Young LLC has launched an in-house investigation into its audit of Toshiba Corp in the wake of the electronics maker's $1.2 billion accounting scandal, a person with knowledge of the matter said.
- Yahoo Inc said on Friday it agreed to buy fashion start-up Polyvore to help drive traffic and strengthen its mobile and social offerings.
FRANKFURT/SAN FRANCISCO - BMW and Apple may rekindle a courtship put on hold after an exploratory visit by executives of the world's top maker of electronic gadgets to the headquarters of the word's biggest seller of premium cars.
- Electronic Arts Inc is back from the "dark side".
SAN FRANCISCO - Uber Technologies Inc is jostling with drivers suing for reimbursement of their expenses in advance of an important hearing next week in the fight over whether drivers are independent contractors or employees entitled to benefits.
- Asian stocks near 2015 lows on China worry, dollar steadies
- Greeks brace for stock market carnage after five-week shutdown
- Weaker China factories argue for more policy support as stocks swoon
- HSBC selling unprofitable Brazil unit to Bradesco for $5.2 billion
- Western companies look hard at China as growth slows
- European regulators ask Halliburton for more merger information: company
- Star Wars meets Uniqlo as Fast Retailing, Disney expand product tie-up
- HSBC first-half profits up 10 percent on China investing frenzy