SAN FRANCISCO Snap Inc takes to the road in London on Monday to promote its initial public offering with a daring proposition: that it can build hot-selling hardware gadgets and ad-friendly software features fast enough to stay one step ahead of Facebook.
Recent Technology News
BEIJING Chinese bicycle-sharing startup Mobike said on Monday it has raised funding in a new round led by Singapore state investor Temasek Holdings [TEM.UL] and hedge fund Hillhouse Capital, bringing its total new funding in 2017 to more than $300 million.
SEOUL Handcuffed and tied with white rope, the scion of one of the world's biggest conglomerates, Samsung Group, was taken on Saturday for questioning by South Korean authorities after spending a night in a small detention cell. | Video
SAN FRANCISCO The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation is pursuing at least three separate probes relating to alleged Russian hacking of the U.S. presidential elections, according to five current and former government officials with direct knowledge of the situation.
DETROIT General Motors Co plans to deploy thousands of self-driving electric cars in test fleets in partnership with ride-sharing affiliate Lyft Inc, beginning in 2018, two sources familiar with the automaker’s plans said this week.
NEW YORK Japan's SoftBank Group Corp is prepared to give up control of Sprint Corp to Deutsche Telekom AG's T-Mobile US Inc to clinch a merger of the two U.S. wireless carriers, according to people familiar with the matter. | Video
- Asia shares adrift for U.S. holiday, focus on Unilever
- Kraft in swift reversal on Unilever bid, hitting shares
- UK union chief likely to meet Peugeot CEO on Friday over GM deal: source
- SoftBank shares up; sources say company willing to cede control of Sprint
- Cleveland Fed chief 'comfortable' raising rates if economy keeps performing
- Hong Kong union joins critics of McDonald's HK, China sale, sees pay squeeze
- Japan Inc signals boost to domestic capex but less keen on the U.S.: Reuters poll