Samsung Electronics Co Ltd said on Friday that a software update for Galaxy Note 7 smartphones will be released mid-December in the United States preventing them from charging and functioning as mobile phones, rendering them useless.
Recent Technology News
MUMBAI Fugitive Indian businessman Vijay Mallya said on Friday that his Twitter account had been penetrated by a hacking group called Legion, which posted links to what it alleged were details of Mallya's bank accounts, offshore investments and luxury cars.
FRANKFURT Technical trade secrets were stolen from the steel production and manufacturing plant design divisions of ThyssenKrupp AG in cyber attacks earlier this year, the German company said on Thursday.
LONDON British satellite company Inmarsat will switch to using Arianespace from rival SpaceX to launch a new satellite to provide broadband connectivity to air passengers, it said on Thursday.
BERLIN Germany's domestic intelligence agency on Thursday reported a striking increase in Russian propaganda and disinformation campaigns aimed at destabilizing German society, and targeted cyber attacks against political parties.
MOSCOW Russia's communications regulator said on Thursday it had a constructive meeting with representatives of LinkedIn Corp., a social networking website it blocked last month over its failure to comply with a data storage law.
- Record-setting rally pushes on as laggards get legs
- Murdoch's Twenty-First Century Fox bids $14 billion for UK's Sky
- Coke CEO Muhtar Kent hands reins to Quincey in widely expected move |
- Trump packs trade team with veterans of steel wars with China
- U.S. raises concerns on destroyed VW phones
- U.S. government seeks to speed up Takata air bag replacements
- Trump to name Goldman executive to key economic post: reports
- U.S. wholesale inventories fall in October
- Exclusive: ECB rejects Monte Paschi's request for more time to raise cash - source
- In Trump stronghold, factories are humming but paychecks are thin