BRUSSELS The European Union wants to enhance the power of the bloc's national privacy regulators in policing a planned new EU-U.S. data pact after the previous one was struck down by a top EU court on concerns about mass U.S. surveillance.
Recent Technology News
Electronic toymaker VTech Holdings Ltd said on Friday that it was the victim of a cyber attack that compromised information about customers who access a portal for downloading children's games, books and other educational content.
(This story corrects paragraph 3 to add terms for some non-U.S. employees)
FRANKFURT If Elon Musk's vision of millions of households producing all their own power becomes a reality, it will probably happen first in Germany. But he will face a battle for market share against local firms with years of experience in renewable energy.
Shoppers looking for deals on upscale retailer Neiman Marcus's website were left largely empty-handed after the site suffered an outage on Black Friday, CNBC reported.
NEW YORK/PARIS Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates will launch a multi-billion-dollar clean energy research and development initiative with heads of state on Monday, the opening day of the U.N. climate change summit in Paris, the French government said Friday.
- Holiday shopping unlikely to cheer many investors
- U.S. online shopping rivals store trips: NRF survey
- VW knew fuel usage in some cars was too high a year ago: report
- Baby boon: mini-vans the next big thing as China eases one-child policy
- Murdoch: Tribune papers likely to be sold, LA Times split off
- Exclusive: Lazard works with Sanofi on $12.7 billion animal health unit deal - sources
- HSBC whistleblower Falciani sentenced to five years in prison
- Halliburton refiles bid for EU approval of $35 billion Baker Hughes buy
- Class action suit against Barclays alleges forex rigging losses