SINGAPORE A newly found flaw in widely used networking software leaves tens of thousands of computers potentially vulnerable to an attack similar to that caused by WannaCry, which infected more than 300,000 computers worldwide, cybersecurity researchers said on Thursday.
Recent Technology News
Digital currency bitcoin hit a fresh record high on Wednesday, surging above $2,400, as demand for crypto-assets soared with the creation of new tokens to raise funding for start-ups using blockchain technology.
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. One of Harvard University's most famous dropouts, Facebook Inc founder Mark Zuckerberg, returns on Thursday to the Ivy League school to address its graduating class.
SAN FRANCISCO Infosys Ltd, the India-based computer services giant, on Wednesday touted its new strategy to hire and train 10,000 American workers over the next two years at the company's annual leadership meeting in San Francisco.
MOSCOW Russia's postal service was hit by Wannacry ransomware last week and some of its computers are still down, three employees in Moscow said, the latest sign of weaknesses that have made the country a major victim of the global extortion campaign.
NEW YORK Facebook Inc has signed deals with millennial-focused news and entertainment creators Vox Media, BuzzFeed, ATTN, Group Nine Media and others to make shows for its upcoming video service, which will feature long and short-form content with ad breaks, according to several sources familiar with the situation. | Video
- OPEC extends oil output cut by nine months to fight glut
- Jobless claims up slightly; four-week average at 44-year low
- World stocks hit record after Fed minutes, oil up as OPEC meets
- Lack of new launches leaves Ford playing catchup with GM
- Moody's China downgrade 'illogical', overstates debt: People's Daily
- Fed ties rate hike to economic rebound, sees balance sheet cuts in 2017
- Best Buy beats on profit, comparable sales; shares jump
- Abercrombie's same-store sales beat on demand for Hollister brand