- Mt. Gox, once the world's largest bitcoin exchange, filed for U.S. Bankruptcy in Dallas late Sunday, a move that will temporarily put U.S. legal action on hold against the Japanese company.
Recent Technology News
LONDON - A U.S. biotech company pioneering tablets containing edible embedded microchips that can tell if patients have taken their medication is to establish its first international manufacturing site in Britain.
- A Chinese state-owned company offered to buy Montage Technology Group, a Shanghai-based chipmaker, in a deal valued at about $600 million, roughly four months after failing to buy rival RDA Microelectronics Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO - Employees of Freescale Semiconductor who were on a Malaysia Airlines flight presumed to have crashed were doing sophisticated work at the U.S. chipmaker, a company spokesman said on Sunday.
BEIJING - Tencent Holdings Ltd's new partnership with China's No. 2 online retailer JD.com takes aim at dominant rival Alibaba's Achilles heel - its weakness in mobile - in a move set to reshape the country's e-commerce industry.
SEOUL/JAKARTA - South Korea's pioneering mobile messaging apps have taken their oversized emoticons to Indonesia, intent on breaking the dominance of BlackBerry Ltd's BBM messaging service in one of the world's most active social media markets.
- Wall Street edges lower after record; Boeing drags |
- Weak China exports weigh on stocks, hit commodities
- McDonald's U.S. sales continue to struggle in February
- U.S. Supreme Court to decide if IndyMac MBS plaintiff filed too late
- Chrysler recalls more than 25,000 SUVs for braking issue
- High-yield bonds draw investors as emerging debt loses them
- As Dow seeks growth, new Enlist crop/chemicals seen as key
- Equatorial Guinea seeks to shake off 'oil curse' image