SHANGHAI - As China's economy stutters, growing numbers of diners on a budget are tapping into smartphone applications to snap up meal delivery deals, spelling big trouble for fast food chains like Yum Brands Inc's KFC and Pizza Hut.
Recent Technology News
HALF MOON BAY, Calif - Starbucks Corp coffee shops will begin accepting Apple Inc's mobile payment system in a pilot program starting this year, Apple Vice President Jennifer Bailey said on Thursday.
- Dell Inc is in talks with banks to fund a takeover of data storage company EMC Corp, sources familiar with the matter said, as the world's No.3 PC maker looks to beef up its cloud-based offerings for corporate customers. | Video
- Apple Inc said on Thursday that it had removed "a few" applications from its App Store, expressing its concern that the security of some users' personal data could be compromised in certain circumstances.
SAO PAULO - Sao Paulo will introduce new regulations to govern ride-sharing services such as Uber instead of backing an outright ban proposed by local Brazilian lawmakers, the mayor of South America's biggest city said on Thursday.
SAN FRANCISCO - Lyft has partnered with Hertz Global Holdings Inc to offer rental cars to its drivers, the ride-hailing company said on Thursday.
- Wall Street up; S&P on track for best week in 2015 |
- Fed awaiting evidence global chill not knocking U.S. off track |
- U.S. import prices point to smaller drag on inflation
- Oil choppy on profit-taking in biggest weekly surge since 2009
- U.S. wholesale inventories rise slightly in August
- No impact on used VW diesel car prices in Europe from scandal: survey
- House slams regulators for not catching VW for years |
- Wal-Mart gets new CFO from Walmart International
- Fed's Lockhart still sees 2015 rate hike despite recent red flags