SEOUL - Samsung Electronics Co's Galaxy S5 smartphone could get off to a slow start in South Korea as the flagship's launch next month will coincide with a 45-day ban on local carriers selling phones, analysts said.
Recent Technology News
SHANGHAI - A wildcat strike at an IBM factory in southern China illustrates how tectonic shifts under way in the country's labor market are emboldening workers to take matters into their own hands, raising risks for multinationals.
HONG KONG - An online education company backed by Alibaba Group Holding Ltd said on Monday that a unit of Softbank Corp had made a strategic investment in the company for an undisclosed amount.
BEIJING - Tencent Holdings Ltd's new partnership with China's No. 2 online retailer JD.com takes aim at dominant rival Alibaba's Achilles heel - its weakness in mobile - in a move set to reshape the country's e-commerce industry.
- AT&T Inc said on Saturday it is cutting wireless data charges for individual customers who have no annual service contract, as the No. 2 U.S. mobile operator attempts to better compete with rival T-Mobile US Inc.
NEW YORK - A New York businessman must face criminal fraud charges for trying to claim a billion-dollar stake in social media company Facebook Inc, a federal judge ruled on Friday.
- Futures edge lower after record high, China data |
- Disappointing China exports halt stocks, hammer commodities
- McDonald's February same-restaurant sales fall 0.3 percent
- Chrysler recalls more than 25,000 SUVs for braking issue
- High-yield bonds draw investors as emerging debt loses them
- As Dow seeks growth, new Enlist crop/chemicals seen as key
- Equatorial Guinea seeks to shake off 'oil curse' image
- U.S. jobs growth last month hit by weather: Fed's Plosser
- American Airlines, JetBlue to end ticketing agreement
- Norwegian Air expecting delay on Boeing 787s to be a few weeks-report