- For a glimpse of what is, what might have been and what may lie ahead in wearable devices, look beyond branded tech and Silicon Valley start-ups to the messy labs, dry papers and solemn conferences of academia.
Recent Technology News
MUMBAI - Facebook Inc opened up its Internet.org platform to new websites and applications from developers on Monday, a move the social media giant said would boost efforts to get people online in low-income and rural areas in emerging markets.
AMSTERDAM - Dutch navigation company TomTom aims to become a main provider of technology for self-driving cars as it charts its way back to success after seven lean years, chief executive Harold Goddijn said.
- Samsung and Walt Disney's Marvel introduced a marketing campaign that uses virtual reality to promote "Avengers: Age of Ultron" as more studios look to the new technology to push movies.
BERLIN - Germany's top public prosecutor will look into accusations that the country's BND foreign intelligence agency violated laws by helping the United States spy on officials and firms in Europe, including Airbus group, the federal prosecutors office said.
- Another day, another shock for investors in social media stocks.
- Asia shares edge up, Australia rate decision looms
- Pimco Total Return Fund loses world's biggest bond fund title
- Exclusive: Credit Suisse dropped SEC waiver request amid opposition - sources
- Cement makers Holcim and Lafarge win U.S. antitrust approval to merge
- Fed's Yellen says met firm at heart of leak probes
- Greenlight's Einhorn slams oil frackers at Sohn conference
- Morgan Stanley sees $292 million loss from Deutsche Bank lawsuit
- Unilever says its socially responsible brands outperform rest