SEOUL Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Thursday flagged stronger earnings and announced a cancellation of treasury shares after posting a solid first-quarter profit boosted by the memory chip business, sending its shares to a new high.
Recent Technology News
Shares of Twitter Inc jumped on Wednesday after the microblogging service reported better-than-expected user growth in the first quarter, although its revenue fell for the first time. | Video
Marketers spent $72.5 billion on digital advertising last year, an increase of 22 percent from 2015, as Google and Facebook once again booked the lion's share of new revenue, a report released by the Interactive Advertising Bureau said on Wednesday.
PRUEM, Germany Luxury electric carmaker Tesla offered pay rises and job guarantees to defuse labor tensions at a key German supplier, whose founder and chief executive left the company late last month, German labor officials said on Wednesday.
WINNIPEG, Manitoba Canadian police said on Wednesday they were investigating whether a beating captured on video, reported to have been distributed through social networking site Facebook Inc, may be connected to a young woman's murder.
LOS ANGELES An Uber driver accused by prosecutors of having sexually assaulted a female passenger after she sought a ride home from a gathering in the upscale seaside city of Newport Beach, California, was charged with rape on Wednesday.
- Trump's plan to slash business taxes seen as 'guidepost' by congressional Republicans |
- Trump tells Canada, Mexico, he won't terminate NAFTA treaty yet: White House
- Judge says Exxon owes $19.95 million for Texas refinery pollution
- United to offer passengers up to $10,000 to surrender seats
- Asian shares retreat from highs on doubts over Trump tax plan
- Companies cheer Trump tax cuts, but jobs are less certain to follow
- Shares in Japan's Takata suspended after report on bankruptcy plan
- Oil prices fall on lingering oversupply concerns
- China, Europe pledge closer aviation ties ahead of landmark jet launch