SAN FRANCISCO - Apple Inc has approved another $30 billion in share buybacks till the end of 2015 and authorized a rarely seen seven-for-one stock split, addressing calls to share more of its cash hoard while broadening the stock's appeal to individual investors. | Video
Recent Technology News
SINGAPORE - The next hacker playground: the open seas - and the oil tankers and container vessels that ship 90 percent of the goods moved around the planet.
SAN FRANCISCO - Zynga Inc co-founder Mark Pincus is relinquishing the last of his operational duties at the social gaming company starting on Wednesday and retreating to an advisory role as Chief Executive Officer Don Mattrick pushes through a restructuring plan.
WASHINGTON - U.S. regulators are expected to vote on May 15 on a new set of so-called "net neutrality" rules aimed at making certain that broadband providers do not slow down or block consumers' access to legal Internet content.
- ServiceNow Inc , which makes software to automate and manage IT services, forecast second-quarter and full-year revenue above Wall Street estimates.
- Chipmaker Xilinx Inc forecast current-quarter revenue largely below analysts' average estimate, saying it expects sales from its aerospace, defense and wired telecom customers to be flat.
- Apple shares reach 2014 highs, Asian stocks lag
- Buffett: moving oil by rail safely major industry concern |
- Wall Street snaps six-day run; Apple to split stock
- Exclusive: Marubeni says Chinese authorities detain three staff at grain unit
- Qualcomm faces China bribery allegations from U.S. regulator
- Exclusive: White House considers former banking lawyer for Fed board - sources
- U.S. new home sales hint at prolonged housing weakness
- Wal-Mart says former CEO Scott to retire from board