The U.S government issued a rare public warning that sophisticated hackers are targeting energy and industrial firms, the latest sign that cyber attacks present an increasing threat to the power industry and other public infrastructure.
Recent Technology News
DETROIT Consumer Reports said on Friday that Tesla Inc had apparently misunderstood the "average" reliability rating the magazine assigned to the electric carmaker's Model 3 sedan this week, calling it generally "positive" for an all-new vehicle.
SAN FRANCISCO Social media company Snap Inc said on Friday it had laid off 18 people in its recruiting division, an unusual move for a young company with ambitious growth plans and a likely reflection of tough competition from Facebook Inc .
Experimental communications balloons provided by Alphabet Inc in collaboration with AT&T Inc will allow some of the carrier's customers in storm-ravaged Puerto Rico to send texts and access critical information on the internet, Alphabet said on Friday.
Amazon.com Inc's Whole Foods Market said on Friday it had replaced affected point-of-sale systems at venues located within some stores where payment card information had been stolen.
NEW YORK A Florida software engineer was sentenced to 16 months in prison on Friday after being found guilty of scheming to help an illegal bitcoin exchange avoid having banks and regulators look into its activities.
- Recent hurricanes take toll on quarterly earnings
- Henkel may make U.S. acquisitions: CEO in newspaper
- Airbus turmoil overshadows bid to rescue CSeries
- California judge tosses $417 million talc cancer verdict against Johnson & Johnson
- Stock market's future in Trump's hands as Federal Reserve chair pick looms
- China says will guide private capital into higher growth areas
- Merck to cut 1,800 U.S. sales jobs, add 960 in chronic care
- Toyota to halt operations at all Japan plants as typhoon precaution