- Alibaba Group Holding Ltd's quarterly revenue fell short of analysts' expectations, showing signs of a slowdown in the Chinese e-commerce company's scorching growth.
Recent Technology News
SHANGHAI - Apple Inc has taken the number one luxury gifting spot in China from designer goods maker Hermes International SCA, according to a Hurun luxury report on Thursday, reflecting the iPhone maker's recent hot streak in the country.
SAN FRANCISCO - Facebook Inc's revenue grew 49 percent in the fourth quarter, as mobile advertising growth helped the world's largest Internet social network beat Wall Street's targets for earnings and sales.
SEOUL - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is closer to losing its crown as global smartphone leader after posting a plunge in quarterly mobile earnings on Thursday, a day after rival Apple Inc reported the biggest profit in corporate history. | Video
NEW YORK - Time Warner's TWX.N HBO is preparing to sell a standalone service over the Internet for the first time, in one of the most closely watched moves in pay TV history. Yet the road to the launch has been far from an easy one - marked by changes in strategy, deadlines, and the departure of its chief technology officer along with two of his lieutenants.
- Data storage equipment maker EMC Corp, which has been under pressure from activist investor Elliott Management Corp, forecast a lower-than-expected profit for the year and said it would cut jobs.
- U.S. jobless claims drop sharply to near 15-year low
- Fed rate outlook weighs on stocks, lifts dollar
- Time Warner Cable continues to lose video subscribers
- Conoco has quarterly loss, cuts capex again on oil slide
- Ford profit beats estimates, but European outlook worsens
- Volkswagen could save much more than five billion euro at core brand: labor chief
- Brent oil holds above $48 after U.S. stocks hit record high
- Campbell Soup to rejig business according to product categories