SAN FRANCISCO/DETROIT - Google Inc is laying the groundwork for a version of Android that would be built directly into cars, sources said, allowing drivers to enjoy all the benefits of the Internet without even plugging in their smartphones.
Recent Technology News
SAN JOSE, Calif. - A judge on Thursday said she would require consumers suing Google over its Android smartphone operating system to submit more factual details in order for an antitrust lawsuit to proceed, at a time when the Internet search company faces increased regulatory pressure.
LONDON - IBM aims to expand the number of data centers it offers clients around the world by 25 percent to meet fast-rising demand for internet-based services, after what a company executive said has been a "breakthrough year" in 2014 for its cloud computing business.
LONDON - The humble smartphone could throw a spanner in the works of the car sector's post-crisis turnaround, with the big manufacturers facing a long-term threat from apps that make it easier and cheaper to share or hire vehicles than to buy them.
- U.S. industrial conglomerate General Electric Co plans to release its first feature film through video streaming devices like Roku and Apple TV in a marketing effort that raises the bar for sponsored content.
WASHINGTON - New York state plans to soften proposed rules for virtual currencies such as bitcoin, its banking regulator said on Thursday, after receiving a round of public comments.
- U.S. jobless claims signal firmer labor market; other data mixed
- Wall St. has best second day gain since 2011 on Fed optimism
- Oil tumbles after brief rebound; Brent back below $60
- U.S. holiday sales may recover with help of deep discounts
- Icahn offers $20 million to keep Atlantic City Trump casino open
- Ford expands Takata driver-side air bag recall in U.S.
- Canada unveils major wireless spectrum plan
- U.S. December auto sales seen up 10.4 percent: JD Power, LMC
- Goldman's Waldron promoted to co-head of investment banking
- Two Wells Fargo units to pay $1.5 million for anti-money laundering lapses: FINRA