SINGAPORE A newly found flaw in widely used networking software leaves tens of thousands of computers potentially vulnerable to an attack similar to that caused by WannaCry, which infected more than 300,000 computers worldwide, cybersecurity researchers said on Thursday.
Recent Technology News
HONG KONG China's Lenovo Group Ltd , the world's largest personal computer (PC) maker, reported a return to profit on Thursday but said rising component prices could pressure its bottom line this year as supply shortages extend to batteries.
Digital currency bitcoin hit a fresh record high on Wednesday, surging above $2,400, as demand for crypto-assets soared with the creation of new tokens to raise funding for start-ups using blockchain technology.
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. One of Harvard University's most famous dropouts, Facebook Inc founder Mark Zuckerberg, returns on Thursday to the Ivy League school to address its graduating class.
TOKYO Japan's Mizuho Financial Group will start a venture next month to create new businesses using "fintech," an executive said, joining a global race in financial technology that threatens to unsettle traditional players.
NEW YORK Facebook Inc has signed deals with millennial-focused news and entertainment creators Vox Media, BuzzFeed, ATTN, Group Nine Media and others to make shows for its upcoming video service, which will feature long and short-form content with ad breaks, according to several sources familiar with the situation. | Video
- Wall Street hits records, helped by consumer stocks
- OPEC, non-OPEC extend oil output cut by nine months to fight glut |
- Oil plunges 5 percent on disappointment with OPEC cuts
- Wilbur Ross seeks bigger budget for trade enforcement
- New Ford CEO relies on veterans to reboot profits
- Jobless claims edge up; goods trade deficit widens
- Exclusive: Bankrupt Westinghouse ends pensions for ex-CEOs, executives
- GM is accused in lawsuit of cheating on diesel truck emissions
- BlackRock to pay $1.25 billion over 20 years for New York headquarters
- Ballooning Chinese dollar borrowing a dilemma for index trackers