SAN FRANCISCO - A Google Inc commuter bus was blocked in San Francisco's Mission district for about a half hour Monday morning, highlighting many residents' growing concern that an influx of affluent technology workers is driving up costs in the city.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - Qualcomm Inc said on Monday it will make smartphone chips with 64-bit features typically found in personal computers, following Apple Inc and opening the way to more efficient mobile gadgets.
AMSTERDAM - New apps are keeping track of people's special moments and memories by producing digital scrapbooks and journals that help users log where they have been and what they have done.
SAN FRANCISCO - Snapchat, a service that allows users to exchange fleeting photo messages, has filed for a temporary restraining order against Frank Reginald Brown, who claims he came up with the idea for the company.
HELSINKI - Nokia has offered to pay a 270 million euro ($369 million) deposit to Indian authorities to unfreeze assets in a tax dispute, according to sources familiar with the matter.
NEW DELHI - India's foreign investment regulator deferred a decision on Vodafone Group Plc's proposal to take full ownership of its Indian unit in a $1.6 billion deal, two government officials said on Monday.
- Wall Street set for lower open after record close; GM in focus
- GM CEO Akerson to exit in January, Barra to take his place
- Volcker rule to curb Wall Street bank trading bets
- Lululemon names new CEO; founder Wilson to step down
- Outerwall to cut 8.5 percent of workforce, Redbox chief leaves
- Hyundai says will not defend Europe market share at all costs
- Volcker rule will be delayed until 2015: CFTC's Chilton
- Wal-Mart names Cheesewright as head of international division
- Boeing sees export credits waning as aircraft funding source
- Deutsche Bank ex-CEO urges top court to bar seized evidence