SEOUL South Korean prosecutors charged Samsung Group [SARG.UL] chief Jay Y. Lee with bribery and embezzlement on Tuesday as the top conglomerate announced the dismantling of its corporate strategy office, the latest developments in a graft scandal that has rocked the country. | Video
Recent Technology News
BRUSSELS European Union countries should test bank defenses against cyber-attacks using a common set of requirements, a senior EU official said on Tuesday, as the bloc plans measures to boost the retail market for financial products.
FRANKFURT SAP Chief Executive Bill McDermott's total pay last year jumped to 15.6 million euros ($16.5 million), overtaking that of Daimler CEO Dieter Zetsche, Germany's best-paid company executive in 2015.
HONG KONG/BARCELONA Staff at China's Huawei Technologies Co Ltd [HWT.UL] are bracing for possible jobs cuts after internal memos highlighted intense pressure to improve earnings and an executive said the flagship smartphone business had missed internal profit targets.
SINGAPORE Cyber attackers have stolen basic personal data from about 850 Singapore national servicemen and employees in a possible attempt to access official secrets, the Defence Ministry said on Tuesday.
SEOUL South Korea's Samsung SDI Co Ltd said on Tuesday that Jun Young-hyun, the head of memory business at Samsung Electronics Co Ltd, has been chosen as its new CEO.
- Target to take hit to profit as it spends to close gap with rivals
- Wall Street dips ahead of Trump's speech
- With businesses split on U.S. border tax, wider reform looks shaky
- U.S. economy slows in the fourth-quarter; consumer spending remains bright spot
- Trump says 'revved up economy' will pay for budget proposals: Fox
- JPMorgan to spend more to grow credit cards, improve technology
- Valeant adjusted profit beats Street, but net loss widens
- Years-long dream of European exchange ended in half an hour
- House Financial Services chairman sees Dodd-Frank reform this year
- Unilever proposes changes to how directors are paid