WASHINGTON - At 3:59 p.m. EDT on Sunday, the National Security Agency and telecommunications companies will begin mothballing a once-secret system that collected Americans' bulk telephone records, shutting down computers and sealing off warehouses of digital data.
Recent Technology News
PARIS - French media group Vivendi said on Friday it would book a 4.2 billion euro ($4.6 billion) pre-tax gain from the sale of Brazilian telecommunications company GVT, which would help it pay interim dividends.
- Cypress Semiconductor Corp raised its offer to buy Integrated Silicon Solution Inc to $20.25 per share, beating Uphill Investment Co's increased offer made earlier on Friday.
PARIS - Airbus Group announced the creation of a $150 million venture capital fund and said it had hired a Google executive to run a new center in Silicon Valley as it seeks to wave a digital wand over its heavy-manufacturing culture.
- Technology Crossover Ventures (TCV) is exploring a sale of its minority stake in Merkle Inc, in a deal that could value the fast-growing marketing technology company at more than $1 billion, according to people familiar with the matter.
- Intel Corp has resumed negotiations to buy smaller chip maker Altera Corp and is close to a $16 billion acquisition agreement, people familiar with the matter said on Friday. | Video
- Strong sales could shift Ford, GM to higher gear
- Greece open to compromise to seal deal this week: interior minister
- Airbus sees 'several hundred' orders at Paris Airshow
- Policies working, ECB must persist with purchase programs: Constancio
- Micromanaging new CEO impresses at Malaysia Airlines but doubts run deep
- Exclusive: Stifel in lead to buy Barclays' U.S. wealth unit - sources
- GM recalls heavy duty trucks with Takata air bags
- Dollar Tree to sell 330 Family Dollar stores to Sycamore Partners
- U.S. economy contracts in first quarter; dollar hurts corporate profits |