TORONTO - BlackBerry Ltd said on Thursday its popular messaging system BBM, or BlackBerry Messenger, would now be open to those using the Windows phone platform, a move that potentially makes the messaging service more appealing to its enterprise clients.
Recent Technology News
NEW YORK - Microsoft Corp must turn over a customer's emails and other account information stored in a data center in Ireland to the U.S. government, a judge ruled on Thursday, in a case that has drawn concern from privacy groups and major technology companies.
TORONTO - Canada's top research body has taken steps to tighten security on its computer network, it said on Thursday, days after the government accused state-backed Chinese hackers of breaking into the system.
- Asia stocks sideswiped by Wall Street, but China motors on
- U.S. job growth seen slowing, but remaining solid in July
- RBS warns of material impact from Scottish independence
- U.S. auto sales party seen increasingly dependent on easy money
- China's factories spring to life as global trade reawakens
- Argentine markets fall post-default, New York hearing on Friday |
- BOJ's Kuroda defends upbeat economic view despite soft data
- China PMIs jump to multi-month highs in July, add to view economy is steadying
- Disappointment, uncertainty after India blocks WTO trade deal
- Lawyers expect hundreds of claims at start of GM ignition-switch fund