FRANKFURT - Apple, the world's most profitable mobile phone maker, has denied a media report that it is working on a plan to market communications services directly to consumers and bypass telecom operators.
Recent Technology News
- U.S. cable company Charter Communications Inc reported a bigger quarterly loss, hurt by costs related to debt extinguishment and the failed deal between Comcast Corp and Time Warner Cable Inc .
SEOUL - For four years Samsung Electronics Co Ltd has basked in the success of its Galaxy smartphones, making billions of dollars competing with Apple Inc in the premium mobile market.
SAN FRANCISCO - Steve Gutmann used to have a basement that he never used. His Honda Civic sat idle in front of his Portland, Ore. house.
FRANKFURT - German carmakers BMW , Audi and Mercedes , will pay around 2.5 billion euros ($2.8 billion) to buy Nokia's maps business, beating out high-tech rivals for location services seen as key to the future of self-driving cars. | Video
BRUSSELS - European Union competition authorities will decide by Sept. 4 whether to allow Dutch chipmaker NXP to acquire U.S. rival Freescale in a $11.8 billion deal.
- Wall St. falls as Apple slips to six-month low
- Greece upbeat about bailout deal, sees one within two weeks
- Drugmaker Shire bids $30 billion for Baxter spin-off Baxalta
- U.S. factory orders rebound on strong demand for aircraft
- Pfizer wins EU approval for $15 billion Hospira buy
- U.S. judge rejects class action settlement involving American Express
- Toyota says not optimistic on China profitability
- U.S. appeals court revives lawsuits against Visa, Mastercard
- U.S. DoJ probes Deutsche trades worth billions: source
- China stock exchanges step up crackdown on short-selling