Recent Technology News
A steeper-than-expected drop in quarterly profit rattled some Amazon.com investors, but Wall Street analysts remained largely bullish about the company's aggressive spending plans. | Video
SAN FRANCISCO A flood of Snap Inc shares held back since the Snapchat owner's initial public offering could start to trade freely next week, pressuring a stock that has already plunged far below its debut price.
MILAN Telecom Italia named Vivendi's Amos Genish as its general manager for operations on Friday as the French media giant tightened its grip on the Italian phone group, where it is the largest shareholder.
LAS VEGAS Hackers attending this weekend's Def Con hacking convention in Las Vegas were invited to break into voting machines and voter databases in a bid to uncover vulnerabilities that could be exploited to sway election results.
HONG KONG Chinese startup Ofo is in talks to raise $1 billion in a new funding round led by Japan's SoftBank Group, people familiar with the matter said, in what would be the largest fund-raising in the nation's bike-sharing business.
- Exclusive: Wells Fargo planned to eventually tell public about auto insurance problems - executive
- S&P 500 knocked lower after earnings wave
- U.S. economy speeds up in second quarter, wages continue to lag |
- Exxon Mobil profit disappoints Wall Street, Chevron shines
- Banks must face interest rate swap class action: U.S. judge
- Chip stocks show signs of slowing with more earnings on tap