WASHINGTON - U.S. prosecutors and some federal law enforcement agencies will need to obtain a search warrant to use devices that track cellphone locations, under a policy announced by the U.S. Justice Department on Thursday.
Recent Technology News
BERLIN - Samsung Electronics said on Thursday it would make its next smartwatch technology available to its competitors who also use Google Inc's mobile platform Android, hoping to increase its share of the market, which is now dominated by Apple Inc .
WARSAW - Asseco Poland, Eastern Europe's largest software maker, has agreed to buy 61.4 percent of Portugal-based rival Exictos for 21.5 million euros ($24 million), strengthening its position in Africa, Asseco said on Thursday.
TOKYO - Japan Display Inc's new chief executive said on Thursday the screen maker's "biggest client", widely understood to refer to Apple Inc , is increasing orders ahead of the expected launch of a new iPhone this month.
COPENHAGEN - As it emerges from financial isolation, Iceland is trying to make a name for itself again, this time in the business of data centers -- warehouses that consume enormous amounts of energy to store the information of 3.2 billion internet users.
- Sam's Club, the warehouse division of Wal-Mart Stores Inc, has tied up with online car-shopping service TrueCar Inc to make a full-fledged foray into auto sales, a fast-growing business for rival Costco Wholesale Corp.
- Asian shares mixed as U.S. jobs report looms, ECB soothes
- Shrinking U.S. trade gap shows economy's underlying strength
- U.S. sanctions against Chinese firms could be next week: FT
- Oil prices dip, investors wait on cues from U.S. jobs data
- Detroit Three show interest in UAW healthcare overhaul idea
- Gun maker Colt says near deal to exit bankruptcy
- Chipotle critic turns up heat with 'Chubby Chipotle' ad
- B&G to buy General Mills' Green Giant frozen foods business
- Putin urges investors to invest in Russia's Far East