- Britain's Vodafone has agreed to buy Spanish cable operator Ono for 7.2 billion euros ($10.03 billion) in a deal that is set to be announced on Monday, a person familiar with the matter told Reuters.
Recent Technology News
SHANGHAI - Japan's Nikon Corp has moved to allay consumer fears in China after being criticized on a closely watched consumer show that said the camera maker had sold defective products in China and denied local consumers fair treatment in aftersales service.
SAN FRANCISCO - Twitter-like messaging service Weibo Corp filed on Friday to raise $500 million via a U.S. initial public offering, as Chinese companies flock to the American market in record numbers to take advantage of soaring valuations.
DUBAI - Virgin Mobile Middle East & Africa (VMMEA) said it expected to launch telecommunications services in Saudi Arabia in the first half of 2014 after the industry regulator gave it a licence.
HONG KONG - China's e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd is planning a U.S. IPO in the third quarter of this year, people familiar with the matter told Reuters, in what is the expected to be a more than $15 billion deal.
SAN FRANCISCO - The U.S. government announced on Friday it will give up its most direct means of control over the Internet's infrastructure, but said it will insist that the job be taken on by a group that includes the private sector and other interested parties, not just multiple governments.
- Global shares under pressure as diplomatic tensions rise on Crimea
- Markets on edge as Crimea votes to quit Ukraine
- China may make the weather despite Fed and Ukraine
- In doubling yuan trading band, China aggravates foreign investor concerns
- Fannie, Freddie bill leaves status of private shareholders to courts
- Berkshire opposes dividend proposal; Buffett, Gates get pay rises
- Bargain retail lifts U.S. shopping centers as big names stumble
- RBS in advanced talks over resuming dividends: FT