- Apple Inc is discussing a settlement in a lawsuit brought by electric car battery maker A123 Systems, which accused the iPhone maker of poaching top engineers to build a large-scale battery division.
Recent Technology News
BERLIN/GENEVA - German carmakers are shifting their focus toward high-end electric vehicles such as the Audi R8 e-tron and away from cheap city cars, in the latest effort to revive environmentally-friendly but unpopular zero-emission vehicles.
- Ride service Uber is buying mapping and search startup deCarta for an unspecified amount, technology website Mashable said on Tuesday, citing an Uber representative.
BARCELONA - China's Huawei Technologies [HWT.UL], the world's second-biggest maker of network gear, is beefing up its patent portfolio ahead of 5G, the next generation of mobile equipment, its chief executive said on Tuesday.
JAKARTA - Selling goods online may only rely on a few mouse clicks, but in Indonesia, delivering purchases to dozens of islands via creaky ports and potholed roads is the logistical challenge Lippo Group faces when its department store opens in cyberspace this month.
- Apple Inc sold the most number of smartphones globally in the fourth quarter, overtaking Samsung Electronics Co Ltd for the first time since 2011, according to research firm Gartner.
- U.S. mortgage applications rise in latest week: MBA
- Global stocks pull back further from record highs
- Target to cut thousands of jobs as seeks to cut costs by $2 billion
- Business activity lifted in February as central banks loosen up
- For first time in years, euro economy starts surprising on upside
- Oil above $60 as Saudi Arabia sees steady market
- M&S breaks with tradition to get more agile on style
- From prime rib to chips and dip: Lean times at mining's annual conference |
- Pimco CIO Ivascyn says 'late decision-makers' behind withdrawals
- U.S. firms in China expect less rosy times as economy slows: survey