Apple Inc has held talks with payments industry partners about launching a money-transfer service, technology news website Recode reported on Thursday.
Recent Technology News
SEOUL South Korea's LG Electronics Inc said on Thursday its first-quarter operating profit rose to its highest in nearly eight years on strong sales of home appliances and televisions, with revenue likely to increase in the current quarter.
OSAKA Nintendo Co Ltd expects its new Switch console to more than double annual operating profit and end the eight-year sales decline that dogged its previous offering just as players were turning to smartphone gaming.
SAO PAULO Magnetis Gestora de Recursos Ltda, Brazil's first fintech asset manager, expects demand for affordable access to automated investment advice to surge in coming years as interest rates decline and economic uncertainty persists.
LONDON Drivers working for Uber [UBER.UL] in Britain will be able to access illness and injury cover under a new scheme from the San Francisco-based company, which has faced legal challenges over the way it treats its staff.
HONG KONG/BEIJING Didi Chuxing, China's top ride-hailing firm, is set to become the country's second-most valuable privately owned company, with a valuation of more than $50 billion, through a fund raising round of up to $6 billion, sources said on Thursday. | Video
- Wall Street little changed with eyes on earnings
- Jobless claims rise, but four-week average at two-month low
- U.S. durable goods data points to pickup in business spending
- U.S. economy likely barely grew in first quarter: Atlanta Fed
- Ford profit beats estimates; maintains 2017 profit outlook
- Trump tells Canada, Mexico, he won't terminate NAFTA treaty yet: White House |
- Dow Chemical eyes consumer markets as it readies for DuPont merger
- UPS 1st-qtr profit tops estimates as revenue rises
- Atlantia taps pool of banks to finance Abertis' takeover bid: sources