NEW YORK - Cisco Systems Inc Chief Executive John Chambers is facing growing pressure from investors to exit its television set-top box business, where revenue has been plummeting and profit margins trail the rest of the company.
Recent Technology News
HONG KONG - Alibaba Group Holding Ltd said on Wednesday it is seeking to extend the draw-down period of an $8 billion loan from January next year, a move people familiar with the e-commerce company's plans said would buy it more time to launch an IPO.
CHANGHUA, Taiwan - Google Inc opened its first two data centers in Asia on Wednesday to cater to the world's fastest growing consumer technology markets, but the company has no plans to open one in China or India.
LUXEMBOURG - Europe's second highest court upheld a decision on Wednesday by European Union regulators clearing Microsoft's $8.5 billion takeover of Skype in 2011, rejecting a challenge by the world's top network equipment maker Cisco Systems Inc.
LONDON - Imagination Technologies said a slowdown at the top end of the smartphone market would hit the number of chips shipped with its graphics and video technology in the second half of the year, sending its shares down 15 percent.
STOCKHOLM - Biometric smartphones are expected to become mainstream next year as leading handset makers follow the lead of Apple Inc. into fingerprint recognition technology, an Ericsson report on consumer trends showed on Wednesday.
- U.S. budget deal gets cautious thumbs-up
- Two more Swiss banks join U.S. tax deal
- UK watchdog fines Lloyds record $46 million for pushing sales
- Euro zone banks have plenty of collateral: ECB's Constancio
- Etihad in data room on Alitalia, mulls investment: sources
- Tighter bank rules cost German lenders 9 billion euros a year: KPMG
- Poland's LOT to get $33 million compensation from Boeing: source
- U.S. fund industry sees modest wins in final Volcker rule |