SAN FRANCISCO - Twitter-like messaging service Weibo Corp filed on Friday to raise $500 million via a U.S. initial public offering, as Chinese companies flock to the American market in record numbers to take advantage of soaring valuations.
Recent Technology News
WASHINGTON - HTC Corp and others did not violate digital camera patents owned by Apple Inc spinoff FlashPoint Technology to make their smartphones, the U.S. International Trade Commission said on Friday.
- Web hosting company The GoDaddy Group Inc is preparing for a second run at an initial public offering, according to two people familiar with the matter, as the 2014 tech IPO pipeline continues to grow.
MEXICO CITY - Tycoon Carlos Slim, under fire from regulators in his home country, has spent the last two years sniffing out deals in Europe to offset an impending regulatory shake-up of Mexican telecoms.
SAN FRANCISCO - UberX on Friday expanded the insurance coverage it offers to ridesharing drivers, a step toward easing U.S. regulators' and lawmakers' concerns and creating broader acceptance of the services.
NEW YORK - Cisco Systems Inc is investigating potential violations of U.S. bribery laws by the company and its resellers in Russia, Eastern Europe and Central Asia, but doesn't expect financial results to be materially affected, it said in a regulatory filing.
- Crimea vote to keep markets on edge
- Honda recalls nearly 900,000 Odyssey vans in U.S. for fire risk
- New York takes London's crown as top financial center: survey
- Dubai's Emaar plans $2.5 billion listing of shopping mall unit
- Lawsuit kicks off class action claims against GM
- Credit Suisse's German offices searched in insider trading probe
- Pimco CEO Hodge says El-Erian's departure caught all by surprise: paper
- India's Maruti Sukuzi to seek minority shareholder nod for plant