BEIJING - Germany's BMG music rights company said on Monday it had signed a music digital distribution deal with China's Alibaba Group Holding Ltd , as the world's largest e-commerce firm firms up its bid to become a digital media empire.
Recent Technology News
DUESSELDORF, Germany - Latecomers to the digital age, big German companies have started teaming up with start-ups to shake up their conservative business culture and keep pace with a world increasingly dominated by nimble tech giants.
BEIJING - Treasury Secretary Jack Lew said on Monday he would discuss with the Chinese government recent technology policy moves that Washington has complained constitute unfair regulatory pressure on foreign firms.
CHICAGO - Amazon.com Inc is launching a home services marketplace that will connect customers with electricians, plumbers and painters in a move to have its services tied to every product sold on its website.
TORONTO - Amaya Gaming Group Inc said on Monday it has agreed to sell its Cadillac Jack subsidiary that makes slot machines and electronic bingo games for casinos to an affiliate of private equity firm Apollo Global Management for C$476 million ($375 million).
BEIJING - China has agreed to delay implementing new bank technology restrictions that Washington has complained represent unfair regulatory pressure on foreign firms, a senior U.S. Treasury official said in Beijing on Monday.
- Asia up on Wall St. rally and China hopes, euro sags on Greece
- UnitedHealth to buy pharmacy benefit firm Catamaran for $12.8 billion |
- Ackman says shutting Herbalife down is key to him
- SEC says Wal-Mart can omit shareholder proposal on staff 'engagement'
- Oil down as Iran races for Tuesday deadline on nuclear deal
- Fed's Fischer floats shadow bank regulation framework
- Taiwan to apply to join China-backed AIIB investment bank
- AIG Chairman Steve Miller to step down in July: WSJ
- U.S. investor lawsuit over Harbinger's LightSquared is dismissed
- U.S. not liable for alleged SEC negligence in Stanford fraud: court