FRANKFURT - Facebook, the world's largest social network, and its Instagram photo-sharing site, suffered temporary outages around the world for up to an hour on Tuesday and the company said later that an internal software networking error was to blame.
Recent Technology News
PARIS/STOCKHOLM - Europe's telecoms equipment makers look set for an unpredictable year because of consolidation among their operator customers and a slowdown of buildouts of faster mobile networks, known as 4G, in the United States and China.
NEW YORK - Yahoo Inc's shares are expected to move nearly twice as much as they have following other recent earnings reports when the company announces fourth-quarter results on Tuesday, options data showed.
SAN FRANCISCO - Texas Instruments Inc reported higher fourth-quarter results on Monday and gave a revenue outlook for the current quarter in line with expectations, helped by growing demand for chips from the auto industry.
- AT&T Inc said on Monday it would buy bankrupt NII Holdings Inc's wireless business in Mexico for $1.875 billion in a move to create a larger Mexican wireless player that will have a better chance of competing with No. 1 America Movil .
- Swiss electronics company TE Connectivity Ltd is said to be nearing a deal to sell its network equipment unit to CommScope Holding Co Inc for about $3 billion, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
- Mixed earnings, Greek jitters fuel market caution
- Oil gives up early gains on firm dollar, shrugs off OPEC comments
- U.S. oil well shut-ins start as crude rout batters small producers
- Exclusive: Apple supplier Foxconn to shrink workforce as sales growth stalls
- U.S. deficit to dip in 2015 as era of dramatic declines ends: CBO
- China's Li says to create 10 million jobs in 2015: China Daily
- Mattel removes CEO, warns of fifth straight fall in quarterly sales |
- Ocwen calls investor claims baseless
- Petrobras may book $20 billion asset write-down: Veja magazine blog