NEW YORK A federal jury in Texas on Friday night ordered Apple Inc to pay more than $302 million in damages for using VirnetX Holding Corp's patented internet security technology without permission in features including its FaceTime video conferencing application.
Recent Technology News
PRAGUE Avast Software, maker of the world's most popular computer antivirus program, will need a year to absorb its $1.3 billion buy of rival AVG but may seek further acquisitions before an expected flotation, its chief executive said in an interview.
Accounting software maker BlackLine Inc filed for an initial public offering with U.S. securities regulators on Friday, looking to ride on the recent success of technology offerings in a relatively quiet year for IPOs.
German luxury auto maker BMW AG said on Friday it will offer all electric versions of its next generation BMW X3 compact sport utility vehicle and electric Mini models, expanding its entries in the emerging electric luxury vehicle market.
HONG KONG Chinese state broadcaster CCTV has slammed South Korean tech giant Samsung Electronics Co for what it said was "discrimination" against China consumers in its handling of a global recall of Galaxy Note 7 smartphones to replace batteries.
Shares of Nutanix Inc , an unprofitable but growing provider of enterprise data storage, soared more than 130 percent in their market debut Friday, highlighting demand for tech offerings in what has been a generally quiet year for IPOs.
- A Deutsche Bank settlement overshadows U.S. equities
- China factory activity expands again in September: official PMI
- Drop in U.S. consumer spending clouds Fed rate hike outlook
- China's yuan joins elite club of IMF reserve currencies
- Petronas weighs sale to exit $27 billion Canada LNG project: sources
- Viacom forms committee to consider Redstone's CBS merger push
- Volkswagen will pay $1.21 billion to settle U.S. dealer claims
- Illinois and Chicago eye Wells Fargo business bans
- Betting on the U.S. election via the 'Trump ETF'