WASHINGTON - The United States said on Thursday a cyber attack on Sony Pictures blamed on North Korea was a serious national security matter and the Obama administration was considering a proportional response. | Video
Recent Technology News
- U.S. industrial conglomerate General Electric Co plans to release its first feature film through video streaming devices like Roku and Apple TV in a marketing effort that raises the bar for sponsored content.
WASHINGTON - New York state plans to soften proposed rules for virtual currencies such as bitcoin, its banking regulator said on Thursday, after receiving a round of public comments.
- Consulting and outsourcing company Accenture Plc raised its revenue forecast for fiscal 2015 after contract wins helped the company post better-than-expected first-quarter earnings and revenue.
LONDON/HELSINKI - Two of Europe's top three remaining telecommunications equipment companies, Nokia Networks and Alcatel-Lucent , have revived talks on a possible merger, Germany's Manager Magazin reported on Thursday, citing company sources.
MILAN - A small company renting out optical fiber cables in Milan has become the subject of a fierce takeover battle between Telecom Italia and global mobile giant Vodafone, with a national high-speed fiber network seen as the ultimate prize.
- U.S. jobless claims signal firmer labor market; other data mixed
- Wall Street gains sharply for second day; tech shares lead
- Oil resumes slide after brief rebound on short-covering
- Ford expands Takata driver-side air bag recall in U.S.
- U.S. December auto sales seen up 10.4 percent: JD Power, LMC
- Two Wells Fargo units to pay $1.5 million for anti-money laundering lapses: FINRA
- Mazda recalls 2,800 cars in Mexico to check Takata air bags
- Mercedes recalls 4,871 cars, SUVs in U.S. for possible oil leak
- Russian ruble weakens as traders see no major measures in Putin speech
- GM, JLR suspend car deliveries to Russian dealers