WASHINGTON/LOS ANGELES, - Washington made the woes of cyberattack victim Sony Pictures its own on Thursday as the White House acknowledged that the devastating strike against the big Hollywood studio was a matter of national security that would be met by a forceful government response. | Video
Recent Technology News
TOKYO - The head of Sony Computer Entertainment, the Japanese electronic group's video gaming division, said holiday sales of its PlayStation 4 gaming console in Europe were so strong that it was fighting to keep up with demand.
SAN FRANCISCO/DETROIT - Google Inc is laying the groundwork for a version of Android that would be built directly into cars, sources said, allowing drivers to enjoy all the benefits of the Internet without even plugging in their smartphones.
SAN FRANCISCO - Uber argued Thursday that it should not have to turn over ride data in a California regulatory standoff that shows how the transportation service is falling afoul of officials who could threaten its expansion.
SAN FRANCISCO - Ebay Inc said on Thursday that it will end its association with the American Legislative Exchange Council, a political group that other tech companies dropped earlier this year due to its views on climate change.
SAN FRANCISCO - EBay Inc Chief Executive John Donahoe will get an exit package worth an estimated $23 million after the company splits from payments unit PayPal next year, according to an agreement highlighted in a securities filing on Thursday.
- Wall Street little changed after two-day run
- Oil rallies over $60, heads for 4th weekly fall on glut
- Russia's parliament rushes through bill boosting banking capital
- Fed creating 'unacceptable' risks to inflation: Kocherlakota
- Former Chrysler Group recalling pickups for possible loose fastener
- Mercedes recalls 8,279 commercial vans in U.S. for possible oil leak
- Alstom shareholders back 12.35 billion euro sale of power arm to GE
- Thai Union Frozen to buy U.S. tuna firm Bumble Bee for $1.5 billion
- Wal-Mart de Mexico board names Ostale new CEO