HONG KONG Japanese and South Korean buying helped drive the price of bitcoin to an all-time high this week, with the digital currency more than doubling its value since the start of the year, analysts and market practitioners said on Friday.
Recent Technology News
NEW YORK Kik Interactive, which created the chat platform Kik, said on Thursday it was launching a crypto-currency or token called Kin that would enable customers to use a whole range of digital services.
SINGAPORE A newly found flaw in widely used networking software leaves tens of thousands of computers potentially vulnerable to an attack similar to that caused by WannaCry, which infected more than 300,000 computers worldwide, cybersecurity researchers said on Thursday.
SAN FRANCISCO Wally Nowinski got his first car when he turned 16 in Michigan, the home of the U.S. auto industry. But after two years of living in New York City, he sold his wheels, using ride services, carsharing and bike sharing to get around. | Video
SHANGHAI Google's artificial intelligence program, AlphaGo, beat Chinese Go master Ke Jie for a second time on Thursday, taking an unassailable 2-0 lead in a best of three series meant to test the limits of computers in taking on humans at complex tasks. | Video
HONG KONG China's Zhejiang Dahua Technology Co Ltd , a maker of security products, is planning to raise as much as $1 billion through a share offering in Hong Kong, three people with direct knowledge of the move told Reuters.
- Wall St. flat as consumer stocks' gains offset by tech, financials
- U.S. economy grows at tepid 1.2 percent; business spending softens
- China's reforms not enough to arrest mounting debt: Moody's
- Oversold: Oil traders punish OPEC for promising too much
- Exclusive: Fidelity may back climate resolutions, a milestone for activists
- Linde board to vote on Praxair merger on June 1: sources
- California says VW clean car spending plan has shortcomings
- U.S. home prices to rise at a strong pace on tight supply: Reuters poll
- Glass Lewis backs GM's board nominees, opposes Greenlight's proposal
- OPEC ponders how to co-exist with U.S. shale oil