SAN FRANCISCO - Qualcomm Inc, the world's biggest maker of cellphone chips, unexpectedly named Chief Operating Officer Steve Mollenkopf as chief executive on Friday, heading off the possibility he might be poached to run Microsoft Corp.
Recent Technology News
- Delivery Agent, an advertising technology company that allows TV viewers to shop for products they see on their favorite shows, has selected banks for an initial public offering, according to two sources familiar with the matter.
- Intellectual Ventures has settled a lawsuit it brought against chipmaker Altera Corp, according to court filings in litigation against a group of semiconductor companies filed by the firm, which has purchased billions of dollars worth of patents.
TORONTO - BlackBerry Ltd, which recently concluded a $1 billion convertible debt offering, said it has agreed with its debtholders to extend an option deadline attached to the deal, giving potential investors a chance to buy up to a further $250 million in convertible debt.
SAN FRANCISCO - Twitter Inc was forced to nix a change to its "block" feature on Thursday after attracting a wave of protest from users who said the new policy empowered perpetrators of online abuse. | Video
- U.S. judge approves retail credit card fee settlement
- Wall St. ends flat; falls for week with eyes on Fed
- Charter readies Time Warner Cable bid below $135 per share: source
- U.S. rests its case in insider trading trial of SAC's Steinberg
- Toyota to start settlement talks for acceleration cases
- Union head says Boeing contract offer not much improved
- Possible heir apparent emerges at Coke after company shakeup
- Exclusive: Ex-UBS banker flown to U.S. to face tax fraud trial
- Ford to host last-minute analyst meeting next week