SAN FRANCISCO/BEIJING - Two years after U.S. legislators branded it a national security threat, China's Huawei Technologies Co Ltd [HWT.UL] is planning a campaign to win over U.S. consumers, rolling out new mobile phones and wearable devices backed by a marketing effort.
Recent Technology News
BARCELONA - Facebook Inc founder Mark Zuckerberg was on hostile turf on Monday as spoke to executives at the world's biggest annual gathering of the mobile industry, renewing attempts to win their backing to help reach billions of users with no Internet access.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama on Monday sharply criticized China's plans for new rules on U.S. tech companies, urging Beijing to change the policy if it wants to do business with the United States and saying he had raised it with President Xi Jinping. | Video
SAN FRANCISCO - Onetime highflying tech executive Ray Lane testified on Monday during a sex discrimination trial involving his former employer, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, that he made a mistake in judgment involving the harassment of a female venture capitalist at the firm, and that he feared for the woman's safety.
TOKYO - Japan's loss-making Sharp Corp will seek new funds for further restructuring from its two main lenders, a source with direct knowledge of the matter said, with a debt-to-equity swap seen by bankers as the most feasible option.
GENEVA - German car and truck maker Daimler is not afraid of new competitors from the technology and telecoms industries, Chief Executive Dieter Zetsche said on Tuesday.
- Strong German retail sales keep European shares near seven-year highs
- Barclays gives information to U.S. precious metals probe
- Brent crude up $1 to over $60.50 as global markets firm
- What would the Dow look like if it included Apple?
- Connecticut launches probe into Lenovo use of Superfish software
- Barclays takes $1.2 billion charge as FX settlement looms
- United Airlines sees potential fit for Boeing 777-300ER, not yet 777X
- Volkswagen on track with efficiency program: CEO
- IBM shareholder sues company, alleging it overvalued chip unit