SHENZHEN, China - Huawei Technologies Co Ltd, the world's No.2 telecoms equipment maker, expects investment in information technology to rise 14 percent in 2014, a senior executive said on Wednesday.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - In 2011, Lytro Inc dazzled the consumer gadget world when it introduced a pocket flashlight-sized gizmo that could take "living" pictures - images that could be refocused after the shutter clicked.
NEW YORK - AT&T Inc said Tuesday it would partner with The Chernin Group media holding company to invest $500 million in a joint venture for web-based video services, making it the latest company aiming to tap the growing consumer demand for online video.
- David Einhorn's Greenlight Capital Inc closed the firm's money-losing short position in Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc, the $10 billion hedge fund said in a letter to clients on Tuesday, and the firm has started shorting a group of momentum stocks that he did not identify.
SAO PAULO/BRASILIA - A global conference in Brazil on the future of the Internet in the wake of U.S. spying revelations might be much less anti-American than first thought after Washington said it was willing to loosen its control over the Web.
BEIJING - China has fully lifted a 14-year ban on selling video game consoles, but foreign console makers hoping to make a killing in a potentially huge new market will first have to find a way around the country's onerous censorship rules.
- China PMI as predicted, Aussie drops after data |
- GM seeks U.S. court protection against ignition lawsuits
- China factory activity shrinks for fourth month |
- Valeant, Ackman offer to buy Botox maker Allergan for $47 billion |
- China Resources (Holdings) appoints new chairman, replacing Song
- Comcast nears deal with Charter on $18-$20 billion in divestitures: source
- AT&T ups revenue growth forecast on new pricing model
- Wal-Mart to report how compliance targets impacted executive pay: WSJ
- Yum Brands' China restaurant sales improve, shares rise
- Damages phase of BP Gulf spill trial set for January