PARIS - Uber Technologies will suspend its UberPOP ride-hailing service in France, the U.S. company said on Friday, after it faced sometimes-violent protests and local authorities denounced it as an illegal taxi service.
Recent Technology News
- U.S. banking regulators must hire and train more examiners with technology expertise so they can give more useful cyber security recommendations to small and mid-sized banks, a federal watchdog agency has warned.
- Yelp Inc, operator of consumer review website yelp.com, had temporarily decided not to pursue a sale, Bloomberg reported, citing people with knowledge of the matter.
MEXICO CITY - Totalplay, the pay TV, Internet and fixed-line company owned by Mexican billionaire Ricardo Salinas, is considering participating in an upcoming tender for a $7 billion wholesale mobile network, the company's chief executive said on Thursday.
TOULOUSE, France - French microchip maker STMicro signed a $500 million with China's Huawei on Thursday to bolster its supply relationship with the Chinese telecom equipment provider, the French government said in a statement.
BEIJING - China's top smartphone maker Xiaomi Inc on Thursday reported semi-annual sales that for the first time were lower than the previous six months, jeopardising its full-year target and hinting at a slowdown in its mainstay domestic market.
- European bonds and stocks on the defensive before tight Greek vote
- Tsipras dismisses Europe's warnings to Greece on vote |
- Aetna to buy Humana for $37 billion in largest insurance deal
- China hunts for 'manipulators' as stocks tumble |
- UBS has whistleblower deal in Brazil currency investigation: paper
- BP reaches $18.7 billion settlement over deadly 2010 spill
- Airlines' undisciplined talk may have led to antitrust probe: experts
- Mixed U.S. jobs report dampens September rate hike bets |
- Heinz completes Kraft purchase, Buffett joins board