BRUSSELS - EU antitrust regulators are asking Facebook's rivals and telecoms operators whether the world No. 1 online social network's proposed $19 billion bid for mobile messaging startup WhatsApp will lead to price hikes and curb innovation.
Recent Technology News
PARIS/LONDON/MILAN - Telecom Italia has lost a promising path to earnings growth by failing to secure Brazilian broadband business GVT and may now turn from hunter to hunted in a fast-consolidating telecoms industry.
NEW YORK - Bitcoin entrepreneur Charlie Shrem has reached a plea deal to resolve U.S. charges that he engaged in a scheme to sell over $1 million of the digital currency to users of illicit online marketplace Silk Road, his lawyer said Friday.
- Risk appetite flickers in Europe, ECB speculation holds down euro
- McDonald's to boost China supplier audits after food safety scandal
- U.S. business lobby says concerned China antitrust probes unfair
- German August car sales down about 0.5 percent: source
- Burger King has maneuvered to cut U.S. tax bill for years
- Eric Cantor to join investment bank Moelis as vice chairman
- Insider traders in U.S. face longer prison terms, Reuters analysis shows
- China won't force foreign auto parts makers to form local JVs: EU trade body
- Basel III deposit challenge looms over Islamic banks