- Apple Inc has shipped the most number of smartphones in China in the fourth quarter, overtaking Samsung Electronics Co Ltd and homegrown companies such as Xiaomi [XTC.UL] for the first time, according to data firm Canalys.
Recent Technology News
TORONTO - Canadian wireless startup Mobilicity said on Tuesday it will participate in an upcoming government auction of airwaves.
BEIJING - China's tech giants Tencent Holdings Ltd and Alibaba Group Holding Ltd beat state firms for the first time to become the country's most valuable brands in 2015, a report published on Tuesday shows.
SHENZHEN, China - Taiwan's Foxconn Technology Group, the world's largest contract electronics manufacturer, will cut its massive workforce, the company told Reuters, as the Apple Inc supplier faces declining revenue growth and rising wages in China.
SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp on Monday reported a fall in its quarterly profit that was in line with Wall Street forecasts, as sluggish personal computer sales dampened demand for Windows software and the company struggled with the impact of the strong U.S. dollar.
BEIJING - Chinese online food delivery service Ele.me said on Tuesday it has raised $350 million from investors including CITIC Private Equity, Tencent Holdings Ltd , JD.com Inc , Dianping and Sequoia Capital.
- Earnings trigger Wall Street selloff, data weighs further
- Caterpillar warns of 2015 sales hit from falling oil price
- U.S. trade official says Treasury taking lead on currency manipulation
- U.S. business spending weakens, but consumers upbeat
- U.S. senator says expects fast-track trade bill in February
- EU says near deal with Washington on derivatives rules
- U.S. proposes opening Atlantic in five-year oil, gas drilling plan
- Oil up 2 percent on weaker dollar; traders wary of stock build
- P&G warns of drop in full-year net sales as dollar strengthens
- Lockheed Martin profit forecast misses on lower pension income