- Apple Inc quarterly results smashed Wall Street expectations with record sales of big-screen iPhones in the holiday shopping season and a 70 percent rise in China sales, powering the company to the largest profit in corporate history. | Video
Recent Technology News
HELSINKI - Finland's Rovio and the head of its games operation, Jami Laes, have parted company as the business behind Angry Birds continues to grapple with an increasingly competitive mobile games market.
- Thanks to Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg and her mega-bestselling book, Lean In, the gender-disparity debate has been front and center for years now in Silicon Valley.
SAN FRANCISCO - Smartphone-enabled car services Uber and Lyft head to court this week to resolve a critical question for Silicon Valley's sharing economy: whether their drivers are independent contractors or employees.
SHANGHAI - Apple Inc is steering clear of Chinese rival Xiaomi Inc's [XTC.UL] low-price online strategy, ramping up store openings in China to harness its premium edge and fend off the fast-growing No.3 global smartphone maker.
OTTAWA - Canada's electronic spy agency has been intercepting and analyzing data on up to 15 million file downloads a day as part of a global surveillance program, according to a report published on Wednesday.
- Fed upbeat on U.S. economy despite global turmoil
- U.S. stocks give up gains after Fed statement
- Boeing fourth-quarter profit surges; sees cash rise in 2015 |
- S&P, U.S. Justice Department likely to enter $1.37 billion settlement: WSJ
- Sotheby's to raise charges for art buyers
- Fiat Chrysler no longer 'bleeding' in Europe, but challenges remain
- Cost-cutting VW bets big to revamp loss-making luxury Phaeton
- Exclusive: EU considers capital markets curbs among new Russia sanctions