DUBAI Amazon.com has agreed to buy Middle East online retailer Souq.com, thwarting a last minute bid by Dubai billionaire Mohamed Alabbar's Emaar Malls .
Recent Technology News
HONG KONG Chinese tech giant Tencent Holdings has signed a $4.65 billion loan deal, Basis Point reported, amid a flurry of fund-raising by China's internet giants.
Shares of Snap Inc jumped nearly 5 percent on Monday after several of the Snapchat owner's IPO underwriters handed it badly needed "buy" ratings.
MENLO PARK, Calif. Facebook Inc added a feature to its Messenger app on Monday to allow users to share their locations continuously for up to an hour, ramping up competition with tools offered by Apple Inc and Alphabet Inc's Google Maps.
NEW YORK Comcast Corp is planning to rebrand and expand a streaming video option for broadband subscribers who do not want to pay for a traditional cable package, sources told Reuters on Monday.
STOCKHOLM Sweden's Ericsson will book up to $1.7 billion in provisions, writedowns and restructuring costs in the first quarter as its new CEO outlined his strategy to lead the telecom equipment maker out of its worst crisis in a decade.
- Trump touts expected Ford announcement on plant investments
- Stocks recover, dollar off lows as markets move past Trump's policy stumble
- Exclusive: Citigroup to seek bids for Asia general insurance distribution deal - source
- Akzo Nobel aims to soothe shareholders over PPG rejection
- Exclusive: China's HNA in talks to buy controlling stake in Forbes - sources
- British bonds buoyed by Brexit risks, but prone to inflation burn
- All aboard: American Airlines takes $200 million stake in China Southern