SAN FRANCISCO - Hewlett-Packard Co posted a surprise increase in quarterly revenue after sales from its personal computer division climbed 12 percent, but a flat to declining performance from its other units underscored the company's uphill battle to revive growth.
Recent Technology News
LOS ANGELES - Online video personalities are joining together to advocate for equal treatment of Internet traffic, aiming to stop the U.S. government from allowing what they worry will be fast and slow lanes for delivering content.
NEW YORK - Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc said on Wednesday it had reached a settlement allowing it to use a key piece of software in its trade finance business that a U.S. judge had prevented the bank from using due to copyright infringement.
- Asia shares sour on China, U.S. dollar in demand
- China, Japan August factory surveys signal economic softness |
- Exclusive: U.S. regulators step up warnings to banks for poor risk-spotting
- Dollar General questions motives of Family Dollar CEO
- Fed debates merits of earlier rate hike given U.S. jobs gains
- BofA in $16.5 billion deal with U.S. over mortgage bonds: source
- Icahn reveals stake in Hertz, plans to push management
- KPMG says EU bank reforms should be shelved: Bloomberg
- JPMorgan, BofA to raise junior banker pay by 20 percent: sources
- Bosses of China's state-owned firms face hefty pay cuts: paper