SEOUL Handcuffed and tied with white rope, the scion of one of the world's biggest conglomerates, Samsung Group, was taken on Saturday for questioning by South Korean authorities after spending a night in a small detention cell. | Video
Recent Technology News
Accenture Plc said on Friday it would create 15,000 "highly skilled" new jobs in the United States, as IT services firms brace for a more protectionist U.S. technology visa program under President Donald Trump.
TOKYO S&P Global Inc said in a report on Friday it could cut its rating of Toshiba Corp credit by several notches should the Japanese firm receive financial support that includes debt restructuring, sending Toshiba stock down 9 percent.
SAN FRANCISCO Facebook Inc Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg laid out a vision on Thursday of his company serving as a bulwark against rising isolationism, writing in a letter to users that the company's platform could be the "social infrastructure" for the globe. | Video
MUMBAI Apple Inc will in the coming months start assembling its lower-priced iPhone SE models at a contract manufacturer's plant in the southern Indian technology hub of Bengaluru, an industry source with direct knowledge of the matter said on Friday.
FRANKFURT German and U.S. defence groups Rheinmetall and Raytheon have signed a memorandum of understanding to cooperate globally on defence technology, they said in a joint statement on Friday.
- Kraft withdraws offer to merge with Unilever
- With stocks at highs, investors eye consumer results
- PSA pledges to keep Opel's four German sites running: Bild am Sonntag
- Trump sons open Dubai golf course, praise U.S. ally
- Bank of Singapore to use Dubai as base to attract Middle East, Africa wealth
- Ford sees big Russia gamble vindicated as sales finally turn corner
- Freeport Indonesia CEO resigns after force majeure on copper exports
- Iran finds 2 billion barrels shale oil reserves in western province: agency
- China to suspend all imports of coal from North Korea