FRANKFURT - Apple Inc has acquired Metaio, a German company whose software melds the physical world and computer-generated elements into video displays, according to a corporate filing that surfaced on Thursday. The terms were not disclosed.
Recent Technology News
STOCKHOLM - Swedish fingerprint sensor firm Fingerprint Cards said it had cooperated with Google on fingerprint recognition in the new Android software platform, as the U.S. software group looks to boost the use of fingerprint sensors on mobile phones.
NEW YORK - The accused mastermind behind the underground website Silk Road will be sentenced on Friday for orchestrating a scheme that enabled more than $200 million of anonymous online drug sales using the digital currency bitcoin.
- Avago Technologies Ltd agreed on Thursday to buy Broadcom Corp for $37 billion in the largest merger of chipmakers ever, turning a lesser known company run by a ferocious dealmaker into one of the biggest industry players. | Video
HANGZHOU, China/BEIJING - Huarong Asset Management Co Ltd is poised to become the second Chinese bad loan firm to auction soured loans online amid a push by the government to settle these debts as the economy slows, an executive at e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd said.
TOKYO - Toshiba Corp will file its annual report up to two months later than usual as an ongoing independent investigation into accounting irregularities will likely last until mid-July, the Japanese conglomerate said on Friday.
- U.S. economy contracts in first quarter; dollar hurts corporate profits
- Wall Street lower after first-quarter GDP contraction
- U.S. dealmaking at record year-to-date high
- Oil up 3 percent as dollar rally stalls and U.S. inventories ease
- U.S. funds raise equity allocation, cut euro zone assets: Reuters poll
- Unrepentant Lehman ex-CEO Fuld says firm 'was not bankrupt'
- High spirits battle: Asia tycoons vie for cognac maker Louis Royer
- Deutsche's Jain wins support of bank's top labor leader