NEW YORK Airbnb Inc and New York City said on Friday they had resolved a lawsuit brought by the company challenging a law it argued could expose it to significant penalties for advertising short-term apartment rentals.
Recent Technology News
Satellite radio company Sirius XM Holdings Inc's Chairman Greg Maffei recently made a fresh approach to internet radio provider Pandora Media Inc and expressed interest about a potential takeover, according to a source familiar with the matter.
Ixia, a U.S. provider of equipment and applications that help maintain computer networks, is exploring a potential sale, people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
COPENHAGEN Ride-hailing group Uber Technologies' [UBER.UL] European business has been indicted in Denmark on charges of assisting two drivers in violating taxi laws, the Copenhagen police's head of public prosecutions said on Friday.
LONDON Britons desperate for faster broadband are unlikely to get it from a plan to separate the country's biggest network from BT unless the industry tackles how to pay up to 25 billion pounds ($76 billion) to upgrade to fiber-optic cables.
TORONTO WorldRemit, an online service for overseas money transfers, is looking to expand into new markets and add services like direct payments for bills and school fees, its president said on Friday.
- Small banks rally pauses but may not be over yet
- Trump's dilemma: slower job growth or rising rates and inflation?
- U.S. jobless rate falls to nine-year low, payrolls rise |
- Deutsche Bank cuts ties with 3,400 clients in trading business
- China securities regulator chairman condemns "barbaric" company buy-outs by asset managers
- Wal-Mart to settle U.S. lawsuit over benefits for same-sex spouses
- Deutsche Bank to pay $60 million to settle U.S. gold price-fixing case
- Eddie Lampert proposes to buy further stake in Sears Hometown