Alphabet Inc's Google said on Thursday it renamed its business-to-business cloud computing brand and enhanced some enterprise applications using artificial intelligence, the company's latest gambit to better compete with Amazon.com and Microsoft Corp. in the lucrative cloud business.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO In the run-up to its initial public offering, cloud computing company Nutanix scrambled to avoid a situation that has increasingly marred technology IPOs: a price that's below the most recent private funding round.
SAN FRANCISCO Shares of video game maker Activision Blizzard and rival Electronic Arts extended months-long Wall Street rallies in September as investors eyed new versions of high-profile franchises such as "FIFA" and "Call of Duty," analysts said.
FRANKFURT A Tesla car whose driver said he was using the "Autopilot" driving assistance system crashed into a bus on a motorway in northern Germany on Wednesday, police in the German town of Ratzeburg said on Thursday.
DETROIT Electric carmaker Tesla Motors Inc. Chief Executive Elon Musk told employees in an email to follow company policy of not offering discounts on new cars, responding to some investors' concerns about the practice.
PARIS/FRANKFURT Alarmed by the threat posed by Silicon Valley firms developing autonomous driving systems, carmakers at this week's Paris Motor Show showed signs they are ready to hit back by cooperating in areas where they might have been expected to compete. | Video
- U.S. economy less sluggish in second quarter; companies investing more
- Wall Street falls sharply on worries about banks |
- If elected, Clinton under pressure to appoint tough Wall Street sheriffs
- Relief arrives for U.S. shale firms as OPEC folds in price battle |
- Judge takes over questioning ex-AIG chief Hank Greenberg
- Costco quarterly profit beats on lower fees to Visa
- Yellen says Fed purchases of stocks, corporate bonds could help in a downturn
- U.S. House panel lambastes Wells Fargo boss over phantom accounts |
- Boeing nears wide-body jet sale to Qatar Airways: sources