SAN FRANCISCO - To some Silicon Valley watchers, the Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers gender discrimination case became a referendum on the challenging state of women in technology. But for the lone woman in technology on the jury, an at times unfriendly workplace did not amount to gender discrimination at the powerful venture capital firm.
Recent Technology News
FRANKFURT - Britain's Interoute, a high-capacity data network and corporate cloud services provider, is taking on new private equity investors to fund acquisitions across Europe and the United States, the company said on Monday.
- Intel Corp is in talks to buy fellow chipmaker Altera Corp in a deal likely to top $10 billion, according to a source familiar with the matter, making it Intel's biggest purchase ever and the latest merger in the quickly consolidating semiconductor sector.
FRANKFURT - Uber aims to launch a service in Germany by this summer that will allow its novel taxi-hailing service to operate legally in Europe's biggest economy, the company's German chief was quoted saying by weekly magazine Wirtschafts Woche (WiWo).
FRANKFURT - Cloud software company Salesforce.com Inc aims to overtake SAP in terms of sales on the German company's home market in the coming years, the Europe chief of Salesforce told a German magazine.
TORONTO - BlackBerry Ltd posted a surprise quarterly profit on Friday and said it is pushing to end a slide in its revenue in this fiscal year, sending the stock up as much as 5.1 percent.
- Asia shares swing higher as China nears seven year high
- Dufry to raise $4 billion via rights issue and debt for WDF bid
- Oil prices drop on weak demand, potential Iran deal
- Soros says ready to invest $1 billion in Ukraine if West helps
- GM's Cadillac CT6 tests strategy for taking fat out of big cars
- Ford revives the Lincoln Continental, aims at U.S. and China
- South Korea picks KAI, with Lockheed, for $7.9 billion fighter jet development
- Exclusive: Fidelity moves to end DuPont proxy battle - sources
- Volvo Cars to build U.S. plant to spearhead sales recovery
- Oman Air says orders 20 Boeing 737s; to double fleet by 2020