TOKYO - Suppliers to Apple Inc are scrambling to get enough screens ready for the new iPhone 6 smartphone as the need to redesign a key component disrupted panel production ahead of next month's expected launch, supply chain sources said.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - California detectives are investigating a July computer theft at storied venture capital-firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, a spokeswoman for the Menlo Park police said on Thursday.
SEOUL - Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi Inc has tapped South Korean manufacturers to produce sapphire covers for a limited edition premium smartphone that it may launch as early as the year-end, South Korea's Electronic Times reported on Friday.
- Wall Street opens flat ahead of Yellen
- Dollar flatlines ahead of Yellen, Draghi at Jackson Hole
- U.S. labor market less flexible than in 1990, economists warn
- Russia keeps up pressure on McDonald's with new sanitary inspections
- Argentina slams U.S. Judge Griesa for 'imperialist' attitude
- Germany clears $6.9 billion RWE unit sale to Russian investor
- U.S. federal prosecutors questioning GM lawyers on vehicle recalls: source
- Co-Op Bank losses narrow on branch closures, staff cuts