LAS VEGAS Facebook Inc will provide initial funding for a nonprofit organization that aims to help protect political parties, voting systems and information providers from hackers and propaganda attacks, the world's largest social network said on Wednesday.
Recent Technology News
Cochlear Ltd said Wednesday it can now stream audio directly from Apple Inc's iPhone, iPad and iPod to the microchips in its hearing implants without having to use an additional device.
ROME The righthand man of media mogul Silvio Berlusconi visited the headquarters of Telecom Italia on Wednesday and met the company's deputy chairman Giuseppe Recchi, a source said.
MUMBAI At first glance, Indian telecoms upstart Jio's bet on 'free' internet-enabled phones to win over poorer customers is a near-fatal blow for low-end handset makers, most already struggling with paper-thin margins on some of the world's cheapest devices.
BOSTON Hedge fund Third Point made a new bet on Chinese e-commerce firm Alibaba during the second quarter and told investors in a letter that it was still finding attractive new opportunities even as the stock market has surged this year.
LUXEMBOURG A decade-long battle by luxury brands to defend their image neared an end on Wednesday when an adviser to Europe's top court said Coty can block a German retailer from selling its beauty products via online marketplaces.
- Strong earnings power Wall Street to record; Fed awaited
- U.S. new home sales rise in June, but trend softening
- Boeing shares hit record after cost cuts lift second-quarter profit
- Ford results foreshadow tougher times for Detroit automakers
- Wal-Mart proposes policy actions to boost U.S. manufacturing
- Oil jumps to near eight-week high after big draw in U.S. crude stocks
- Coca-Cola profit beats on demand for juices, low-sugar sodas
- Fed expected to leave rates unchanged; balance sheet in focus
- D.R. Horton posts slowest order growth in three quarters