SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp reported higher-than-expected revenue for its fiscal first quarter on Thursday, helped by stronger sales of its phones, Surface tablets and cloud-computing products for companies, while keeping its profit margins intact.
Recent Technology News
WASHINGTON - U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy on Thursday pressed large Internet providers to pledge that they will not strike deals that may help some websites load faster than others or give similar "fast lanes" to affiliated services.
- GrubHub Inc reported a more than five-fold jump in quarterly profit as more consumers used the online food-order-and-delivery company to order meals.
- Wall St. gains on industrial earnings but ends off highs
- Fed lays out scenarios for 2015 bank stress tests
- U.S. jobs market holds firm; factory activity slows a bit
- GM posts higher-than-expected profit on strong North American demand |
- Caterpillar profit beats view, raises outlook; shares surge
- Sears to close stores, lay off about 5,500: Seeking Alpha
- U.S. airlines report strong third quarter profits