SHENZHEN, China - Taiwan's Foxconn Technology Group, the world's largest contract electronics manufacturer, will cut its massive workforce, the company told Reuters, as the Apple Inc supplier faces declining revenue growth and rising wages in China.
Recent Technology News
OSLO - Veteran software maker Jon von Tetzchner launched a new internet browser on Tuesday, offering an interface for high-volume users who "have problems fitting all their open tabs on one screen", he said in a Reuters interview.
SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp on Monday reported a fall in its quarterly profit that was in line with Wall Street forecasts, as sluggish personal computer sales dampened demand for Windows software and the company struggled with the impact of the strong U.S. dollar.
SAN FRANCISCO - WikiLeaks criticized Google Inc on Monday, alleging that the company waited 2-1/2 years to notify members of the anti-secrecy group that it had turned over their private emails and other information to the U.S. government.
NEW YORK - Yahoo Inc's shares are expected to move nearly twice as much as they have following other recent earnings reports when the company announces fourth-quarter results on Tuesday, options data showed.
SHENZHEN - China's Huawei Technologies Co Ltd is targeting $16 billion in revenue for its consumer business group this year, the head of the unit, Richard Yu, said on Tuesday.
- Mixed earnings, Greek jitters fuel market caution
- Oil price recovers as dollar weakens against euro
- U.S. oil well shut-ins start as crude rout batters small producers
- P&G's quarterly profit falls 31 percent
- DuPont to buy back up to $4 billion in shares after unit spinoff
- Nelson Peltz slashes stake in Family Dollar
- U.S. deficit to dip in 2015 as era of dramatic declines ends: CBO
- Exclusive: EU aims to complete capital markets union by 2019 - document