WASHINGTON The U.S. Senate on Thursday voted 50 to 48 to repeal regulations requiring internet service providers to do more to protect customers' privacy than websites like Alphabet Inc's Google or Facebook Inc .
Recent Technology News
WASHINGTON The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau said on Thursday it fined Experian and its subsidiaries $3 million for falsely telling customers its credit scores were used by lenders in making decisions.
HONG KONG Chinese telecommunications equipment maker ZTE Corp on Thursday reported a net loss of 5.22 billion yuan ($760 million) in fourth-quarter profit, as it booked a $892 million charge to settle a U.S. sanctions case.
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. Space Systems/Loral is suing rival Orbital ATK over an alleged theft of proprietary data and business plans for an in-space satellite servicing technology, according to a complaint filed on Thursday.
BRUSSELS The European Commission could introduce EU passporting and lower regulatory requirements for financial technology firms, moves that could undercut London's leading position in "fintech" as Britain gets ready to leave the European Union.
SAO PAULO Brazilian telephone operator Oi SA expects a new in-court reorganization plan to go to a creditor vote by the end of June, Chief Executive Officer Marco Schroeder said on Thursday.
- Bank stocks push Wall St. higher; healthcare vote in focus
- State Dept. to approve Keystone pipeline permit: Politico
- As Trump targets energy rules, oil companies downplay their impact |
- New home sales hit seven-month high; jobless claims rise
- Fed's Yellen does not comment on monetary policy
- Disney board extends CEO Iger's contract by a year
- Trump Tantrum looms on Wall Street if healthcare effort stalls
- Higher investments, sales drop to weigh on Ford first-quarter earnings