BEIJING Chinese automaker Chery Automobile Co Ltd [CHERY.UL] has filed a complaint with the country's trademark regulator over Mercedes-Benz's use of the "EQ" name for a line of green-energy vehicles, throwing up a potential road block for the Daimler AG unit in the world's largest electric car market.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO Shares of Snap Inc jumped 9 percent on Wednesday after the owner of messaging app Snapchat received a second analyst "buy" rating following a red-hot public listing this month and with Wall Street skeptical about its lofty valuation.
TOKYO Nintendo Co Ltd shares rose as much as 2 percent on Thursday after a regulatory filing showed BlackRock, the world's largest asset manager, owns over five percent of stock in the Japanese games maker.
OTTAWA The new national budget unveiled Wednesday by Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's Liberal government took aim at ride-sharing providers such as Uber Technologies Inc [UBER.UL], looking to end a tax advantage they have over traditional taxi companies.
BRUSSELS EU antitrust chief Margrethe Vestager said on Wednesday she was reviewing Facebook's response to charges the U.S. social network provided misleading information during its bid for messaging service WhatsApp which may result in a hefty fine for the company.
NEW YORK Starting on Monday, Wells Fargo & Co depositors can withdraw money using a smartphone at any branded ATM, the latest sign of U.S. lenders moving away from traditional brick-and-mortar banking.
- Asia stocks rise, but gains for dollar, oil capped by jitters
- Trump Tantrum looms on Wall Street if healthcare effort stalls
- Oil bounces off November lows, but bloated US stockpiles pressure market
- Slide in U.S. infrastructure stocks sign of 'Trump trade' weakness
- If healthcare vote fails, would jeopardize 'Trump trades': Gundlach
- With Sears' future in doubt, vendors begin pulling back
- China's ZTE Corp pleads guilty in U.S. court in sanctions case