Alphabet Inc's Google said on Thursday it renamed its business-to-business cloud computing brand and enhanced some enterprise applications using artificial intelligence, the company's latest gambit to better compete with Amazon.com and Microsoft Corp. in the lucrative cloud business.
Recent Technology News
"Farmville" creator Zynga Inc on Thursday appointed Gerard Griffin as its chief financial officer, adding another Electronic Arts Inc executive to its top ranks.
SAN FRANCISCO In the run-up to its initial public offering, cloud computing company Nutanix scrambled to avoid a situation that has increasingly marred technology IPOs: a price that is below the most recent private funding round.
SAN FRANCISCO Shares of video game maker Activision Blizzard and rival Electronic Arts extended months-long Wall Street rallies in September as investors eyed new versions of high-profile franchises such as "FIFA" and "Call of Duty," analysts said.
Activist hedge fund Elliott Management said it picked up an 8.1 percent stake in electronics hardware supplier Mentor Graphics Corp , a few months after Carl Icahn exited the company.
PARIS/FRANKFURT Alarmed by the threat posed by Silicon Valley firms developing autonomous driving systems, carmakers at this week's Paris Motor Show showed signs they are ready to hit back by cooperating in areas where they might have been expected to compete. | Video
- Asia stocks slip as Deutsche sours mood, oil gains on OPEC pact
- U.S. economy less sluggish in second quarter; companies investing more
- If elected, Clinton under pressure to appoint tough Wall Street sheriffs
- China September factory activity expands marginally as orders edge up-Caixin PMI
- Relief arrives for U.S. shale firms as OPEC folds in price battle |
- Oil prices down on profit-taking after two-day jump
- U.S. House panel lambastes Wells Fargo boss over phantom accounts |
- Goldman feels the heat in Asia as IPO engine slows
- Judge takes over questioning ex-AIG chief Hank Greenberg