Verizon Communications Inc added fewer than expected wireless subscribers in the third quarter due to intense competition, and indicated it may renegotiate a deal to buy Yahoo Inc after a breach of Yahoo user email accounts.
Recent Technology News
PARIS Two French banks and a group of retailers are teaming up to launch a smartphone app next year that will help customers pay for purchases in stores and online, gather loyalty benefits or transfer money using a single "mobile payment solution".
LONDON A blockchain platform developed by a group that includes more than 70 of the world's biggest financial institutions is making its code publicly available, in what could become the industry standard for the nascent technology.
HONG KONG Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd started the countdown to its annual shopping festival Singles' Day on Friday, promising consumers - and investors - a bonanza of fashion shows, virtual reality and U.S. pop star Katy Perry.
LUXEMBOURG/BRUSSELS Intel's fight against a record 1.06 billion euro ($1.16 billion) EU antitrust fine received a boost on Thursday when a top Europe court adviser questioned whether the U.S. chipmaker's actions had really harmed competition.
Alphabet Inc's Google unit and automakers objected on Wednesday to California proposals to set new, mandatory rules for testing self-driving cars in the state, which industry officials said could hobble their efforts in the home to much of self-driving vehicle testing and development.
- Wall Street dips as Verizon drags; AmEx curbs losses |
- BIS to hear initial verdict on sterling crash in November
- First-time buyers boost U.S. home sales; jobless claims rise
- Wal-Mart to open Sam's Club on JD.com
- U.S. home resales rise, prices also up as inventory stays tight
- Ex-Goldman recruit drives HSBC's investment banking ambitions
- U.S. judge picks monitor for Deutsche Bank over regulator's choice
- California launches criminal probe into Wells Fargo account scandal |