NEW YORK/WASHINGTON - Charter Communications Inc, seeking to remake the U.S. cable television industry by acquiring larger rival Time Warner Cable Inc for $56 billion, will try to skirt the regulatory obstacles that helped sink Comcast Corp's earlier bid for Time Warner Cable. | Video
Recent Technology News
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday ruled against Cisco Systems Inc over a patent infringement claim the tech giant is fighting.
- Human resource software company Workday Inc forecast current-quarter billings below market expectations and reported a bigger quarterly net loss due to higher spending on marketing and product development.
LOS ANGELES - Firefighters fought a blaze that erupted at an Apple Inc facility in Mesa, Arizona on Tuesday, local station ABC15 reported.
- Digital video recorder maker TiVo Inc reported better-than-expected quarterly revenue and profit, helped by higher subscriptions.
LONDON - Amazon’s decision to change its tax-efficient European business structure could raise its tax bill by as much as $100 million a year but authorities will have to fight for additional money and any payments will be hidden from public view.
- Europe woes and U.S. rate outlook weigh on stocks, lift dollar
- Fed's Lacker says letting banks fail will restore market discipline
- Lafarge, Holcim finalize members of future executive panel
- Takata faces questions over air bag fix as recalls expand
- Bernanke sees no risk of hard landing in China, bullish on US economy
- Greece and creditors play down fears of imminent default
- China's BYD says plans fundraising to boost battery capacity, new models
- Altice's ambitions for U.S. undimmed after Time Warner Cable setback