BRUSSELS - European Union antitrust regulators will decide by Oct. 3 whether to clear world No. 1 online social network Facebook's $19 billion offer for mobile messaging startup WhatsApp, the European Commission said on Monday.
Recent Technology News
NEW YORK - Bitcoin entrepreneur Charlie Shrem has reached a plea deal to resolve U.S. charges that he engaged in a scheme to sell over $1 million of the digital currency to users of illicit online marketplace Silk Road, his lawyer said Friday.
- Digital Ally Inc forecast full-year revenue of about $22.5 million, encouraged by a "five-fold" rise in inquiries for its wearable cameras from police departments in the aftermath of the fatal shooting in Ferguson this month.
- Europe holds nerve as Russia-Ukraine warnings ratchet up
- Central European PMIs point to slowdown as sanctions hit sentiment
- Twenty years on, Schaeuble pleads again for core Europe
- China manufacturing slowdown ripples through region
- Euro zone factory growth slows in August amid Ukraine tension: PMI
- Retreat in China's PMIs heightens calls for policy easing |
- Weak data to test BOJ's rosy economic view, policy on hold
- U.S. coal stocks could gain on Russia tension
- Britain's Barclays to sell Spanish assets to Caixabank