SEOUL - Samsung Electronics Co's Galaxy S5 smartphone could get off to a slow start in South Korea as the flagship's launch next month will coincide with a 45-day ban on local carriers selling phones, analysts said.
Recent Technology News
HONG KONG - An online education company backed by Alibaba Group Holding Ltd said on Monday that a unit of Softbank Corp had made a strategic investment in the company for an undisclosed amount.
BEIJING - Tencent Holdings Ltd's new partnership with China's No. 2 online retailer JD.com takes aim at dominant rival Alibaba's Achilles heel - its weakness in mobile - in a move set to reshape the country's e-commerce industry.
- AT&T Inc said on Saturday it is cutting wireless data charges for individual customers who have no annual service contract, as the No. 2 U.S. mobile operator attempts to better compete with rival T-Mobile US Inc.
NEW YORK - A New York businessman must face criminal fraud charges for trying to claim a billion-dollar stake in social media company Facebook Inc, a federal judge ruled on Friday.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's telecommunications watchdog unveiled a slew of regulations on Friday to claw back the massive telephone business of billionaire Carlos Slim, but said it would not order a break-up of his companies for now.
- Asian stocks slump on disappointing China trade data, Ukraine crisis
- U.S. jobs growth last month hit by weather: Fed's Plosser
- Norwegian Air expecting delay on Boeing 787s to be a few weeks-report
- Ackman outspent by Herbalife in lobbying battle
- Five years from U.S. stock market's low, it's joy versus worry
- U.S. public pensions need more than investment windfall
- Weak trial witnesses hinder a more aggressive SEC
- BOJ to maintain stimulus; exports seen as a concern
- U.S. judge says RBC liable in Rural/Metro buyout case
- Competitiveness matters more than euro strength: French finance minister