TORONTO - BlackBerry Ltd said on Tuesday it is launching a new certificate service that will help bring the security level it offers on smartphones to a slew of devices from cars to smart meters.
Recent Technology News
HAVANA - New York City-based software company Infor has identified a Cuban partner and reached an agreement to resell software in Cuba, Chief Executive Officer Charles Phillips said on Tuesday.
BERLIN - Online taxi firm Uber will comply with a German ban on its services using unlicensed cab drivers by lowering its fees so it becomes more like a ride sharing service.
TORONTO - Canadian tech start-up Mosaic is putting color into low-end 3D printers in a move to make the technology more accessible for everything from architectural modeling to medical training.
- Wireless chip maker Broadcom Inc reported higher-than-expected quarterly revenue and profit, helped by strong sales of its WiFi and broadband chips to smartphone makers such as Apple Inc and Samsung Electronics Co Ltd.
PARIS/HELSINKI/STOCKHOLM - Nokia's acquisition of smaller rival Alcatel-Lucent may avoid the pitfalls that befell earlier telecom network equipment marriages, thanks to a revolution over the past decade in how products are launched and developed.
- Earnings cloud drags down Dow; Nasdaq gains on biotech M&A |
- Yum CEO says China business mending, sees strong year-end finish
- UK speed trader arrested over role in 2010 'flash crash' |
- Generic drugmaker Teva makes $40 billion offer for rival Mylan |
- Wary of brinkmanship, euro zone steers away from new deadlines for Greece, official says
- U.S., UK aim for Deutsche Bank Libor settlement on Thursday: sources
- At Harley and beyond, strong dollar offers competition discount edge
- Banks' first-quarter trading revenue prompts cautious optimism
- U.S. regulator wants better deposit data from big banks