SAN FRANCISCO/SEATTLE - This spring, Taser International Inc won a small but high-profile contract to supply body cameras to the London police. But the deal nearly collapsed over one issue: where the video footage would be stored.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - EBay Inc Chief Executive John Donahoe will get an exit package worth an estimated $23 million after the company splits from payments unit PayPal next year, according to an agreement highlighted in a securities filing on Thursday.
- Apple Inc Chief Executive Tim Cook, the highest-profile U.S. business leader to publicly acknowledge being gay, has made a "substantial" donation to a gay rights effort in his native Alabama and two other southern U.S. states, activists said on Thursday.
NEW YORK - Civil rights activist Reverend Al Sharpton on Thursday did not call for Co-Chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment Amy Pascal to step down over racially insensitive emails, despite expectations that he might seek her resignation.
WASHINGTON - The White House said on Thursday that U.S. officials were treating a cyber attack on Sony Pictures as a serious national security matter and that President Barack Obama's National Security Council was considering a proportionate response.
SAN JOSE, Calif. - A judge on Thursday said she would require consumers suing Google over its Android smartphone operating system to submit more factual details in order for an antitrust lawsuit to proceed, at a time when the Internet search company faces increased regulatory pressure.
- Asia stocks boast biggest rise in 15 months, BOJ brightens
- Brent steady below $60, heads for fourth weekly decline as glut persists
- Russian rouble will firm at start of 2015: finance minister
- JPMorgan report to outline improved controls: activist
- U.S. to sell final $1.25 billion shares of Ally Financial from bailout
- China revises up size of 2013 economy, sees no effect on 2014 growth
- Unilever drops mayonnaise suit against Just Mayo maker
- American Apparel approached for possible buyout: WSJ
- Thai Union Frozen to buy U.S. tuna firm Bumble Bee for $1.5 billion