Amazon.com Inc said on Monday it has opened a brick-and-mortar grocery store in Seattle without lines or checkout counters, kicking off new competition with supermarket chains.
Recent Technology News
Consolidated Communications Holdings Inc said on Monday it would buy broadband service provider FairPoint Communications Inc in an all-stock deal valued at $1.5 billion, including debt.
TOKYO/VIENNA Japan's Panasonic Corp may buy European automotive light maker ZKW Group, accelerating its push into the automotive electronics market, a person familiar with the matter said.
MUNICH BMW will test autonomous vehicles in Munich next year as it seeks to keep up with ride-hailing firms like Uber [UBER.UL], which have spent billions on pay-per-use personal transport.
TOKYO Sharp Corp CEO and President Tai Jeng-wu told reporters on Monday he would step down once the Japanese electronics maker turns profitable again at the net level and its shares return to the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
BRUSSELS U.S. tech giants including Facebook, Twitter, Google's YouTube and Microsoft will have to act faster to tackle online hate speech or face laws forcing them to do so, the European Commission said on Sunday.
- Wall Street up as data points to strong economy
- Oil retreats on doubts OPEC cuts can ease glut
- U.S. services sector activity scales one-year high
- U.S. retailers value enthusiasm over experience for holiday hires
- Chesapeake to sell Haynesville asset for $450 million to Indigo Minerals LLC
- Trump should not spend like economy in crisis -Fed officials
- Barclays' exit from energy trading stirs concerns over liquidity
- GE Power sees little sales impact if U.S. quits climate deals
- Trump advisors aim to privatize oil-rich Indian reservations
- Trump win creates 'considerable' uncertainty, Fed's Dudley says