SAN FRANCISCO - Qualcomm Inc, the world's biggest maker of cellphone chips, unexpectedly named Chief Operating Officer Steve Mollenkopf as chief executive on Friday, heading off the possibility he might be poached to run Microsoft Corp.
Recent Technology News
- Intellectual Ventures has settled a lawsuit it brought against chipmaker Altera Corp, according to court filings in litigation against a group of semiconductor companies filed by the firm, which has purchased billions of dollars worth of patents.
TORONTO - BlackBerry Ltd, which recently concluded a $1 billion convertible debt offering, said it has agreed with its debtholders to extend an option deadline attached to the deal, giving potential investors a chance to buy up to a further $250 million in convertible debt.
SAN FRANCISCO - Twitter Inc was forced to nix a change to its "block" feature on Thursday after attracting a wave of protest from users who said the new policy empowered perpetrators of online abuse. | Video
NEW YORK - IBM Corp has been sued by a shareholder who accused it of concealing how its ties to what became a major U.S. spying scandal reduced business in China and ultimately caused its market value to plunge more than $12 billion.
- Charter readies Time Warner Cable bid below $135 per share: source
- Wall St. ends near flat; posts declines for the week
- Union head says Boeing contract offer not much improved
- Possible heir apparent emerges at Coke after company shakeup
- Exclusive: Ex-UBS banker flown to U.S. to face tax fraud trial
- Ford to host last-minute analyst meeting next week
- Peugeot shares tumble as GM offloads stake
- U.S. wholesale prices point to muted inflation pressures