- Time Warner Cable Inc is nearing an agreement to be acquired by smaller peer Charter Communications Inc for about $55 billion, combining the second and third largest U.S. cable operators, people familiar with the matter said on Monday.
Recent Technology News
PUTIAN, China - Criticized and even sued by luxury brand Gucci and others for facilitating the counterfeit goods trade, Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd has been quietly piloting a scheme to try to curb fakes at source.
FRANKFURT - Carmaker Daimler on Saturday announced a partnership with mobile technologies company Qualcomm Inc. to explore wireless recharging of mobile phones in cars as well as recharging of electric cars without cables.
- Canadian smartphone maker BlackBerry Ltd is cutting jobs across the world, the company said on Friday, as it consolidates its software, hardware and applications business.
- Microsoft Corp and Salesforce.com Inc held "significant talks" this spring but failed to agree on a price, CNBC reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
SAN FRANCISCO - The founder of virtual reality glasses maker Oculus VR Inc, acquired by Facebook Inc for $2 billion, has been accused of taking confidential information he learned while working with another company and passing it off as his own, according to a lawsuit filed this week.
- Dollar hits one-month high as periphery woes weigh on Europe
- Varoufakis says Greece committed to reforms, rules out more austerity
- First defendant in Libor scandal faces jury trial in London
- Buffett-backed Chinese automaker BYD plans up to $1.9 billion placement: IFR
- Oil drops to $65 on U.S. shale outlook, dollar
- AstraZeneca hit after psoriasis drug linked to suicide fears
- British-based banks planning for EU 'no' stymied by lack of European office space