BRUSSELS EU antitrust regulators plan to order Alphabet's Google to stop paying financial incentives to smartphone makers to pre-install Google Search exclusively on their devices and warned the company of a large fine, an EU document showed.
Recent Technology News
BRUSSELS U.S. chipmaker Qualcomm will attempt to fend off EU antitrust charges at a hearing on Nov. 10 that it used anti-competitive methods to squeeze out a rival, two people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
PRAGUE Avast Software, maker of the world's most popular computer antivirus program, will need a year to absorb its $1.3 billion buy of rival AVG but may seek further acquisitions before an expected flotation, its chief executive said in an interview.
Accounting software maker BlackLine Inc filed for an initial public offering with U.S. securities regulators on Friday, looking to ride on the recent success of technology offerings in a relatively quiet year for IPOs.
German luxury auto maker BMW AG said on Friday it will offer all electric versions of its next generation BMW X3 compact sport utility vehicle and electric Mini models, expanding its entries in the emerging electric luxury vehicle market.
HONG KONG Chinese state broadcaster CCTV has slammed South Korean tech giant Samsung Electronics Co for what it said was "discrimination" against China consumers in its handling of a global recall of Galaxy Note 7 smartphones to replace batteries.
- Germany's Merkel cannot afford to bail out Deutsche Bank: media
- A Deutsche Bank settlement overshadows U.S. equities
- China factory activity expands again in September: official PMI
- Drop in U.S. consumer spending clouds Fed rate hike outlook
- China's yuan joins elite club of IMF reserve currencies
- Petronas weighs sale to exit $27 billion Canada LNG project: sources
- Viacom forms committee to consider Redstone's CBS merger push
- Zara owner Ortega buys $550 million Madrid skyscraper