WASHINGTON/SAN FRANCISCO - AT&T Inc spent close to half the total in the record-setting U.S. sale of airwaves for mobile data, with Dish Network Corp spending heavily to manage a surprise win at No.2 ahead of Verizon, results showed on Friday.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - A U.S. judge appeared skeptical on Friday about Uber's bid for a quick pretrial ruling that its drivers are contractors and not employees, a critical question facing Silicon Valley's sharing economy.
BRUSSELS - The European Commission is mulling a new law requiring telecoms companies to store communications data of EU citizens as part of its efforts to fight terrorism, after a top court struck down the previous one on privacy concerns.
SAN FRANCISCO - After years of giving investors the cold shoulder, Amazon.com Inc is starting to warm up to Wall Street.
BEIJING/SAN FRANCISCO - Draft Chinese government regulation would force technology vendors to meet stringent security tests before they can sell to China's banks, an acceleration of efforts to curb the country's reliance on foreign technology that has drawn a sharp response from U.S. business groups.
- Wall St. closes down for January, Shake Shack rallies in debut |
- U.S. economy cools in fourth quarter, but consumer spending shines
- Shake Shack IPO vaults shares into 'nosebleed' territory |
- Oil surges 8 percent as U.S. rig count plunges, shorts scramble
- Honda says fatal crash involved Takata air bag inflator rupture
- Fed's Fisher: stronger dollar good for U.S. jobs
- Exclusive: Sysco, US Foods offer to divest 11 facilities to win FTC deal approval
- Chevron's profit beats as chemical sales offset cheap oil
- Exxon adds discrimination protections in U.S. for LGBT workers