TAIPEI - The latest chapter in the miniaturisation of increasingly smart consumer electronics lies in the hands of chip packagers, an indispensable group of firms whose role in the supply chain alone is worth $27 billion.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - Location-tracking devices that communicate with a major satellite network operated by Globalstar Inc can have their transmissions intercepted or mimicked with false data, a U.S. security researcher said on Thursday.
SAN FRANCISCO - Oracle Corp's long-running legal battle with Google Inc over Google's Android operating system for smartphones and other devices probably will not proceed to another trial until the middle of 2016, a U.S. judge said on Thursday.
BOSTON/DETROIT - A researcher is advising drivers not to use a mobile app for General Motors Co's OnStar vehicle communications system, saying hackers can exploit a security flaw in the product to unlock cars and start engines remotely.
NEW YORK - In a setback for Google Inc , a U.S. appeals court ruled on Thursday that the low licensing rate Microsoft Corp pays to use some of Google's Motorola Mobility patents had been properly set.
- Asia shares edge up, wary of China volatility
- Fed's 'nearly balanced' language no bar to Sept rate rise
- Amgen profit tops Street view, boosts full-year forecast
- LinkedIn's revenue beat fails to connect with investors |
- Pacific trade negotiators chase elusive final deal amid tough talks
- Consumer spending bolsters U.S. second-quarter growth |
- Hedge fund Elliott eyes fresh market turbulence
- GE may ship $10 billion in work overseas as U.S. trade bank languishes
- Greece, Europeans must reach deeper deal before IMF program possible