Verizon Communications Inc will announce an agreement on Monday to buy Yahoo Inc for about $5 billion, according to a person familiar with the matter. | Video
Recent Technology News
STOCKHOLM Swedish mobile telecoms gear maker Ericsson's Chief Executive Hans Vestberg has stepped down with immediate effect, the company said on Monday.
HONG KONG Apple Inc found itself on the receiving end of a small, short-lived anti-U.S. protest this week in China, the tech firm's biggest overseas market and a country where foreign firms have suffered damaging boycotts following international spats.
Two youths unaware of their surroundings when they were playing Pokemon GO on their cell phones made an illegal border crossing this week from Canada into the United States in a remote part of Montana, U.S. Customs and Border Patrol said.
WASHINGTON The chairman of the Federal Communications Commission on Friday pressed major U.S. phone companies to take immediate steps to make technology that blocks unwanted automated calls available to consumers at no charge.
TAIPEI Apple Inc is planning to open its first Apple Store in Taiwan, a move that comes after the U.S. technology giant raised $1.38 billion in a bond offering last month on the island that is home to many companies in its supply chain.
- Asian shares, dollar stay close to recent peaks
- New Allianz asset management chief wants closer ties with Pimco: FT
- G20 will use 'all policy tools' to lift growth as Brexit weighs
- Eyes on Fed, BOJ, Europe's bank stress test
- Oil prices dip on ongoing oversupply, economic headwinds
- Japan monthly economy assessment unchanged, but business sentiment worsens
- Ex-Wall Street banker accused of insider tips to father faces trial
- Indonesian tax amnesty could spark outflow from Singapore wealth industry