Verizon Communications Inc said on Tuesday it would buy Yahoo Inc's core business for $4.48 billion, lowering its original offer by $350 million in the wake of two massive cyber attacks at the internet company. | Video
Recent Technology News
TOKYO Japan's Toshiba Corp wants to raise at least 1 trillion yen ($8.8 billion) by selling most of its flash memory chip business, seeking to create a buffer for any fresh financial problems, a source with direct knowledge of the matter said.
JERUSALEM Israel's Mobileye and German automaker BMW said on Tuesday they signed an agreement to install Mobileye's data generation technology in BMW cars starting with 2018 models.
BRUSSELS European Union data protection watchdogs said on Monday they were still concerned about the privacy settings of Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system despite the U.S. company announcing changes to the installation process.
TOKYO Toshiba Corp wants to pick the preferred bidder or bidders for a majority stake in its chip unit by the end of May and will hold the first round of bids next month, a source with knowledge of the plan said.
SAO PAULO Creditas Soluções Financeiras Ltda, a Brazilian financial technology firm focused on secured consumer loans, has obtained $19 million from investors in a financing round that will allow it to provide borrowers with funds for one-fourth of what they pay to domestic lenders.
- Wall Street mints fresh record highs, boosted by Wal-Mart
- Higher customer traffic boosts Wal-Mart's sales in holiday quarter
- Oil rises 1 percent as OPEC sees higher compliance with cuts
- Wall Street challenges U.S. regulator over proposed commodities rule
- Burger King and Tim Hortons owner to buy Popeyes for $1.8 billion
- Wells Fargo fires four executives amid probe into sales practices
- HSBC share run stumbles on writedowns, tough outlook |
- PSA says will honor existing Opel job guarantees