- AT&T has asked regulators to let it ignore a shareholder request for details of its customer-information sharing with government agencies, a move that could forestall a heated debate at the telecommunications giant's annual meeting.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple Inc has paid its leading outside law firm approximately $60 million to wage patent litigation against Samsung Electronics Co Ltd in a California federal court, according to Apple legal documents filed late on Thursday.
AMSTERDAM/FRANKFURT - Philips, Samsung Electronics and Media-Saturn, Europe's largest chain of consumer electronics stores, said on Friday they were among companies visited by European Commission officers this week on suspicion of breaking competition rules.
LONDON - Bookmakers are preparing for a tax avoidance crackdown on online gambling in Britain that will cost the industry 300 million pounds ($490 million) a year, putting a brake on the fastest growing part of their businesses.
SAN FRANCISCO - Microsoft Corp said on Thursday it had disrupted the largest network of compromised personal computers, involving some 2 million machines around the world, since it stepped up its battle against organized online criminals three years ago.
- Twitter Inc is tying up with a Singapore-based startup to make its 140-character messaging service available to users in emerging markets who have entry-level mobile phones which cannot access the Internet.
- After vote, lawsuits likely next hurdle for Volcker rule
- Ex-Barclays boss Diamond targets Africa for banking return
- Banks trim risk but fail to raise provisions ahead of EU review
- Iran president Rouhani targets stagflation in first budget
- Supreme Court justice denies stay in airline merger
- Nike and Adidas square off for Brazil World Cup in ongoing brand battle
- Mexico energy reform eyes big opening for private capital
- Greek parliament approves 2014 budget plan
- JPMorgan emails show China family hires made to win deals: NYT
- BP investors lose bid for class status in Gulf spill case