NEW YORK - A U.S. appeals court on Friday upheld a lower court's decision to clear Qualcomm Inc in a patent lawsuit by ParkerVision Inc, allowing it to escape a $173 million verdict for infringement.
Recent Technology News
LONDON - British electricals and mobile phone retailer Dixons Carphone has agreed to sell The Phone House Portugal, further streamlining its business as it focuses on markets where it has a leading position.
TAIPEI - The latest chapter in the miniaturisation of increasingly smart consumer electronics lies in the hands of chip packagers, an indispensable group of firms whose role in the supply chain alone is worth $27 billion.
(This version of the July 30th corrects story to read "partly" of a political nature, not "mostly" in paragraph 10)
MENLO PARK, Calif. - Facebook Inc announced on Thursday it has completed building its first full-scale drone, which has the wingspan of a Boeing 737 and will provide Internet access to the most remote parts of the world.
TONGLU, China - Cheng Yonghao left his village in central Henan province almost 20 years ago, not expecting to return. He's now back home, and this week opened a village store to help locals shop online.
- U.S. wage growth brakes in second-quarter; consumer sentiment slips
- Wall St. higher amid wage growth data, earnings
- Tumbling oil prices slam profit at Exxon Mobil, Chevron
- UPS bolsters full-truckload business with $1.8 billion deal
- Car hacking risk may be broader than Fiat Chrysler: U.S. regulator
- EU opens in-depth inquiry into Fedex's planned takeover of TNT
- Who needs the Fed? The rate hike cometh on its own
- U.S. job market set for more than just 'some' attention
- IMF is participating fully in Athens debt talks: European Commission
- Berry Plastics to buy Blackstone-owned Avintiv for $2.45 billion