Verizon Communications Inc said on Tuesday it would buy Yahoo Inc's core business for $4.48 billion, lowering its original offer by $350 million in the wake of two massive cyber attacks at the internet company. | Video
Recent Technology News
TOKYO Japan's Toshiba Corp wants to raise at least 1 trillion yen ($8.8 billion) by selling most of its flash memory chip business, seeking to create a buffer for any fresh financial problems, a source with direct knowledge of the matter said.
JERUSALEM Israel's Mobileye and German automaker BMW said on Tuesday they signed an agreement to install Mobileye's data generation technology in BMW cars starting with 2018 models.
BRUSSELS European Union data protection watchdogs said on Monday they were still concerned about the privacy settings of Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system despite the U.S. company announcing changes to the installation process.
TOKYO Toshiba Corp wants to pick the preferred bidder or bidders for a majority stake in its chip unit by the end of May and will hold the first round of bids next month, a source with knowledge of the plan said.
MADRID Spain's Telefonica said on Tuesday it had agreed to sell up to a 40 percent stake in its telecom masts subsidiary Telxius to private equity firm KKR for 1.275 billion euros ($1.35 billion).
- Wall Street hits record highs on strong retail results
- Higher customer traffic boosts Wal-Mart's sales; margins under pressure
- Burger King and Tim Hortons owner to buy Popeyes for $1.8 billion
- Kraft backs out of Unilever bid after hostile reception |
- Wells Fargo fund business on the defensive amid sales scandal
- PSA says will honor existing Opel job guarantees
- HSBC share run stumbles on writedowns, tough outlook |
- Wanda's Dick Clark deal shaky, but not yet dead: sources |