NEW YORK - A divided federal appeals court on Tuesday upheld a judge's ruling that Apple Inc had conspired with five publishers to increase e-book prices, in a win for the U.S. Justice Department.
Recent Technology News
TOKYO - Japan's Sony Corp plans to raise nearly $4 billion via new shares and bonds to plough into image sensors as it reinvents itself as a niche component maker, pulling back from consumer goods like TVs that dragged it into losses.
PARIS - Two executives from California-based Uber will face trial in France on Sept. 30, the Paris public prosecutor said on Tuesday, part of a French crackdown on what the government calls an illegal taxi service.
SEOUL - Locked in a battle with an activist U.S. hedge fund, the Samsung Group's [SAGR.UL] de facto holding company sought to win support for a proposed $8 billion merger with a sister firm by pledging to bolster post-deal shareholder returns.
- Cisco Systems Inc said on Tuesday it would buy OpenDNS, a privately held cloud-based security firm, for $635 million, the latest move to boost its security business as cyber attacks increase in number and sophistication.
BEIJING - Huawei Technologies Co Ltd's [HWT.UL] Honor brand has sold 20 million smartphones in the first half of 2015 and by should reach its goal of 40 million shipments by the year end, double the 2014 figure.
- As default looms, Merkel rules out more negotiations with Greece |
- Wall St. turns up on Greece hopes despite looming default
- U.S. consumer confidence rises; manufacturing still soft
- New Volkswagen brand boss faces challenge of taming Wolfsburg's high costs
- U.S. economy nearing full employment, bounced back in second quarter: Fed's Fischer
- Major Puerto Rico investor warns it stands ready to defend bonds
- U.S. seeks up to $3.35 billion in Novartis kickback lawsuit
- Goldman settles SEC charges over 2013 trading incident
- Emirates reveals fuel contract details in U.S. airline subsidy claim riposte