MOSCOW/KIEV/WASHINGTON A major global cyber attack on Tuesday disrupted computers at Russia's biggest oil company, Ukrainian banks and multinational firms with a virus similar to the ransomware that last month infected more than 300,000 computers. | Video
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO Facebook Inc said on Tuesday that 2 billion people are regularly using its flagship service, marching past another milestone in its growth from a college curiosity in the United States to the world's largest social media network.
The Federal Trade Commission's antitrust lawsuit against Qualcomm Inc can proceed, a federal judge ruled late on Monday, meaning the iPhone chip supplier must now wage a fight with U.S. regulators even as it contests a separate $1 billion lawsuit filed by Apple Inc .
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. SpaceX wants to expand facilities in Florida to refurbish and store its reusable rocket boosters as it increases the pace of launches, documents filed with authorities show.
TORONTO Software maker BlackBerry Ltd's long-running recovery effort has been slowed by a dearth of salespeople to promote its revamped and more complex products, with CEO John Chen pledging to hire more sales specialists to help achieve its growth target.
WASHINGTON Republicans and Democrats in Congress sparred on Tuesday over U.S. states setting rules for testing and deployment of self-driving cars and a proposal to allow automakers and technology companies to bypass existing regulations in introducing autonomous cars.
- Asia stocks pressured as Wall St. hit by healthcare vote delay
- 'What's the rush' on interest rate hikes, asks Fed's Kashkari
- Madoff settlements reach $12 billion with new accords
- 'Pharma bro' Martin Shkreli's notoriety slows New York jury selection
- Fed's Yellen expects no new financial crisis in 'our lifetimes'
- Nestle plans $20.8 billion share buyback amid Third Point pressure
- Canada allows Dow, Dupont merger after firms agree to sell assets