NEW YORK - IBM Corp has been sued by a shareholder who accused it of concealing how its ties to what became a major U.S. spying scandal reduced business in China and ultimately caused its market value to plunge more than $12 billion.
Recent Technology News
NEW YORK - Cisco Systems Inc on Thursday cut its longer-term earnings and revenue growth targets due to problems in emerging markets, conservative customer spending and stalling growth in its core business of network equipment, the latest in a drumbeat of bleak developments at the Silicon Valley company.
NEW YORK/SAN FRANCISCO - Photo-sharing service Instagram unveiled a new feature Thursday that allows users to send images and messages privately, as the Facebook-owned company sought to bolster its appeal among younger consumers who are increasingly using mobile messaging applications.
TAIPEI/SAN FRANCISCO - The death of a 15-year-old worker was not caused by working conditions at a Pegatron Corp factory, according to medical exports sent to the factory by Apple Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO - Two of Silicon Valley's most respected venture capitalists are cutting back their roles at Accel Partners, the big-name firm best known for its early investment in Facebook.
- TrueCar.com, a car pricing information website, said it received a $30 million investment from Microsoft Corp co-founder Paul Allen's Vulcan Capital.
- Analysis: SEC plans to take more cases to trial despite losses
- Wall St. drops on taper anxiety; Facebook rallies
- Bank of America's Merrill to pay $132 million in SEC case over mortgages
- U.S. authorities near deal with JPMorgan on Madoff violations
- GM ties up loose ends as reign of new CEO nears
- Exclusive: Penney shrinks top name brands to emphasize own labels
- Aetna will not reinstate individual insurance plans: CEO
- Mexican Congress passes radical shake-up of oil industry