SAN FRANCISCO - The waves of cash surfed relentlessly by some of Silicon Valley's largest venture-backed businesses are showing signs of receding amid concern the companies may already be worth more than their likely valuations once they finally go public.
Recent Technology News
TOKYO - Toshiba Corp again delayed announcing its annual financial results on Monday, as new accounting errors prevented the company from drawing a line under Japan's worst corporate scandal in four years.
- As a marriage counselor years ago, Neil Clark Warren saw first-hand how incompatibility led to unhappy matches.
WASHINGTON - The White House is considering applying sanctions against companies and individuals in China it believes have benefited from Chinese hacking of U.S. trade secrets, the Washington Post reported on Sunday.
- BNY Mellon Corp expects to fix the computer glitch that disrupted pricing of U.S. mutual funds and exchange-traded funds before markets open on Monday, its chief executive said.
NEW YORK - PayPal Holdings Inc , the e-commerce group trading sharply off its recent offering price, could rise 40 percent to $46 a share if it succeeds with investments tied to payments systems innovation, the Aug. 31 edition of Barron's said.
- Wall Street falls as investors fret about rate-hike timing
- Nerves on edge as Chinese authorities probe market mayhem
- Oil surges on lower U.S. output, OPEC talk; biggest bounce since 1990
- Exclusive: Citi aims to boost equities franchise amid industry shakeout
- Fiat Chrysler's Marchionne says 'unconscionable' to give up on GM deal: paper
- China stocks slide as crackdown on speculators spreads, lose 11 percent in August |
- U.S. appeals court rules for Argentine central bank in bond case