SAN FRANCISCO A total of 34 artificial intelligence startups were acquired in the first quarter of this year, more than twice the amount of activity in the year-ago quarter, according to the research firm CB Insights.
Recent Technology News
TORONTO A Canadian suspected of involvement in a massive 2014 breach of Yahoo email accounts linked to Russia is appealing a decision to hold him in custody pending an extradition hearing, the man's lawyer said on Friday.
ROME A Rome court annulled a short-lived ban on ride-hailing app Uber on Friday in the latest twist to a battle between the San Francisco-based multinational and Italy's traditional taxi cabs.
Coinbase said on Thursday it suffered outages this week as the bitcoin exchange saw "unprecedented traffic and trading," with the digital currency hitting record levels.
NEW YORK Kik Interactive, which created the chat platform Kik, said on Thursday it was launching a crypto-currency or token called Kin that would enable customers to use a whole range of digital services.
NAIROBI Vodafone's popular mobile financial services M-Pesa will expand into more African countries, giving millions of people access to banking services without the need for a bank account, the chief executive of Safaricom said.
- U.S. economy slowed less than expected in first quarter; outlook cloudier |
- China's reforms not enough to arrest mounting debt: Moody's
- Wall St. drifts before long weekend; consumer stocks up
- In Aramco IPO pitch, Canada plays up its natural resources expertise
- OPEC ponders how to co-exist with U.S. shale oil
- Exclusive: China's COFCO overhauls Brazil business after accounting crisis - sources
- Some investors bet Brazil has further room to fall
- PepsiCo in bid to acquire Vita Coco owner: sources
- Exclusive: Fidelity may back climate resolutions, a milestone for activists
- U.S. home prices to rise at a strong pace on tight supply: Reuters poll