PARIS - Video-sharing website Dailymotion, owned by French telecoms operator Orange, is close to signing a partnership in the United States and is working on another in Asia to help it to take on market leader YouTube.
Recent Technology News
MILAN - Italy's market watchdog Consob is likely to fine Telecom Italia for procedural irregularities over the sale of a 1.3 billion euro ($1.79 billion) convertible bond to Telefonica and other investors, legal sources familiar with the matter said.
LUXEMBOURG - Microsoft fended off a challenge to its $8.5 billion takeover of messaging service Skype when Europe's second-highest court ruled against claims by rival Cisco that the 2011 deal would harm competition.
SHANGHAI - The price gap between bitcoins trading in Chinese yuan and those sold for other currencies has evaporated in recent days, highlighting the porous nature of China's capital controls.
NAIROBI - East Africa's biggest economies have launched an integrated real-time cross-border payments system designed to remove bottlenecks to business and bolster intra-regional trade, Kenya's central bank said on Wednesday.
CHANGHUA, Taiwan - Google Inc opened its first two data centers in Asia on Wednesday to cater to the world's fastest growing consumer technology markets, but the company has no plans to open one in China or India.
- Wall Street dips as investors mull Fed tapering after budget deal
- U.S. poised for stronger growth in 2014, Fed to taper by March: Reuters poll
- GM doesn't owe $450 million in retiree benefits, U.S. judge rules
- Germany seeking early start for EU rules hitting creditors of failed banks
- U.S. budget deal lowers risk of damage to creditworthiness: Fitch |
- Peugeot and Dongfeng agree deal outline: FT
- Etihad examines Alitalia's books, mulls investment: sources
- Sustainable strategies win over skeptical emerging stock investors
- Three more Swiss banks join U.S. tax deal
- Advantage picks buyer, settles vehicle lease deal with Hertz