- Canadian smartphone maker BlackBerry Ltd is cutting jobs across the world, the company said on Friday, as it consolidates its software, hardware and applications business.
Recent Technology News
- An online dating site for adults seeking sexual trysts has been hacked, potentially compromising the personal information of some of its 64 million members, the company said on Friday.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Treasury Department on Friday authorized American businesses and individuals to facilitate personal communications over the Internet like social media, instant messaging and photo sharing in Crimea, annexed by Russia from Ukraine last year.
PARIS - France's highest administrative court on Friday approved two out of three main restrictions on private chauffeured vehicle services such as Uber that were introduced last year after complaints from traditional cab drivers of unfair competition.
- Uber Technologies Inc is seeking a $1 billion credit line from banks, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
BEIJING - China's dominant taxi-hailing firm Didi Kuaidi will spend 1 billion yuan ($161.39 million) on promotions, the company said on Friday, in an aggressive expansion that will help lure in riders and fend of rivals like U.S. firm Uber Technologies Inc.
- Yellen tone suggests choppiness for markets ahead
- Fed on track to hike rates as economic headwinds wane: Yellen
- Bank of England confirms EU exit research after email misfire
- ECB's Draghi urges euro zone to unite for economic reform
- South Korea seeks deeper cooperation with Japan on China-led AIIB
- Justice Department finds criminal wrongdoing in GM ignition switch defect: NYT
- Exclusive: Altice seeks financing for Time Warner Cable bid: sources
- Firmer underlying inflation keeps Fed on rate hike path |
- Germany, France usher Greece back to negotiating table