Google parent Alphabet Inc posted a surge in profit and revenue on Thursday as its core advertising business continued to grow at an extraordinary rate and problems such as an advertiser boycott of YouTube had little impact.
Recent Technology News
Intel Corp reported lower-than-expected quarterly revenue due to an unexpected slowdown in growth at its data center business, on which the world's largest chipmaker is banking to reduce its reliance on the personal computer market.
Wearable device maker GoPro Inc reported a smaller-than-expected quarterly loss on Thursday, helped by strong sales of its flagship cameras and Karma drones.
LONDON British retailer Marks & Spencer is to trial an online grocery shopping service this year, it said on Thursday, conceding it could no longer ignore the fastest growing segment of the market.
Apple Inc has held talks with payments industry partners about launching a money-transfer service, technology news website Recode reported on Thursday.
Alphabet Inc Chief Executive Larry Page said on Thursday that the holding corporate structure for search unit Google and a host of new businesses has succeeded in creating more transparency for investors.
- Asian stocks tick up, euro subdued as ECB maintains easing bias
- Oil prices face second weekly loss as oversupply lingers
- Boeing seeks U.S. anti-dumping probe against Bombardier jet
- Wells Fargo overhauls lawmaking and policy arm
- Berkshire's Duracell sues over gray market battery imports
- Trump steps back from brink of killing North American trade pact |