NEW YORK The hashtag #RIPTwitter became the top trending U.S. item on Twitter on Saturday, after a report from BuzzFeed said the company is planning to change how it displays users’ tweets. | Video
- CEOs, venture backers lose big as LinkedIn, Tableau shares tumble
- German competition watchdog wants 'big data' hoards considered in merger probes: paper
- Exclusive: Top cybercrime ring disrupted as authorities raid Moscow offices - sources
- BlackBerry cuts 200 jobs in Ontario and Florida to trim costs
Recent Technology News
WASHINGTON U.S. and UK spy agencies and police may soon be allowed to directly ask media companies in each others' countries for email and online chat data for people being investigated, under a tentative bilateral deal, officials said on Friday.
NEW YORK/SAN FRANCISCO Dismal sales outlooks from marquee technology names sent shares in the enterprise sector crashing on Friday as investors questioned whether information-technology managers would keep spending on their products. | Video
LinkedIn Corp's shares closed down 43.6 percent on Friday, wiping out nearly $11 billion of market value, after the social network for professionals shocked Wall Street with a revenue forecast that fell far short of expectations.
WASHINGTON Twitter Inc has shut down more than 125,000 terrorism-related accounts since the middle of 2015, most of them linked to the Islamic State group, the company said in a blog post on Friday.
LONDON Imagination Technologies, a supplier of graphics technology to Apple, said its chief executive Hossein Yassaie had quit, departing as the British company warned it would make an operating loss this year.
- Asia stocks slip, Japan rebounds in holiday-thinned trade
- U.S. retail sales and Yellen testimony in focus
- Volkswagen to offer generous compensation for U.S. customers: fund head
- VW open to separate trucks unit listing: Bloomberg
- Crude oil slips as Saudi, Venezuela meeting yields little
- U.N. agency seeks to end rift on new aircraft emission rules
- Prolonged oil slump sparks second wave of cuts to 2016 budgets
- Celgene, Gilead Sciences shares could rise 30 percent: Barron's
- Credit Suisse's Thiam wants his bonus to be cut up to 50 percent - report