A group representing major technology companies has aligned itself against Qualcomm Inc in its legal dispute with Apple Inc by calling on regulators to reject Qualcomm's bid to ban the import of iPhones.
Recent Technology News
MOSCOW/LONDON/WASHINGTON Moscow and Washington are in talks to create a joint cyber security working group, Russia's RIA news agency reported on Thursday, citing Andrey Krutskikh, a special presidential envoy on cyber security.
WASHINGTON The U.S. Justice Department said on Thursday it had shut down the dark web marketplace AlphaBay, working with international partners to knock offline the site accused of allowing a global trade in drugs, firearms, computer hacking tools and other illicit goods. | Video
BEIJING A Chinese telecoms carrier said it had begun closing virtual private networks (VPNs) and other tools that can bypass the so-called Great Firewall, which state authorities use to filter and block traffic between Chinese and overseas servers. | Video
Sears Holdings Corp's shares soared as much as 24 percent after the struggling retailer said it would sell its Kenmore home appliances on Amazon.com and integrate the brand's smart gadgets with the online giant's Alexa digital assistant. | Video
PayPal Inc said on Thursday it would partner with JPMorgan Chase & Co , allowing the bank's customers to link their Chase Pay and PayPal accounts.
- FTC probing allegations of Amazon's deceptive discounting
- Euro at two-year high, Asian shares barely budge
- Exclusive: U.S. toughens stance on foreign deals in blow to China's buying spree
- Exxon sues U.S. over fine levied for Russia deal under Tillerson |
- U.S. attempt to limit Wall Street bonuses fizzles out quietly
- Trump unveils companies' $500 million U.S. drug packaging project
- Visa beats profit estimates, lifts earnings forecast
- Chipotle shares fall on Norovirus, rodent incidents