SINGAPORE A newly found flaw in widely used networking software leaves tens of thousands of computers potentially vulnerable to an attack similar to that caused by WannaCry, which infected more than 300,000 computers worldwide, cybersecurity researchers said on Thursday.
Recent Technology News
Digital currency bitcoin hit a fresh record high on Wednesday, surging above $2,400, as demand for crypto-assets soared with the creation of new tokens to raise funding for start-ups using blockchain technology.
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. One of Harvard University's most famous dropouts, Facebook Inc founder Mark Zuckerberg, returns on Thursday to the Ivy League school to address its graduating class.
SAN FRANCISCO Infosys Ltd, the India-based computer services giant, on Wednesday touted its new strategy to hire and train 10,000 American workers over the next two years at the company's annual leadership meeting in San Francisco.
MOSCOW Russia's postal service was hit by Wannacry ransomware last week and some of its computers are still down, three employees in Moscow said, the latest sign of weaknesses that have made the country a major victim of the global extortion campaign.
NEW YORK Facebook Inc has signed deals with millennial-focused news and entertainment creators Vox Media, BuzzFeed, ATTN, Group Nine Media and others to make shows for its upcoming video service, which will feature long and short-form content with ad breaks, according to several sources familiar with the situation. | Video
- S&P, Nasdaq open at record levels after Fed minutes
- OPEC extends oil output cut by nine months to fight glut
- Jobless claims edge up; goods trade deficit widens
- New Ford CEO relies on veterans to reboot profits
- Moody's China downgrade 'illogical', overstates debt: People's Daily
- Anthem battle behind it, Cigna gives stock to 40,000 workers
- Best Buy beats on profit, sales; shares at 11-year high
- Sears posts quarterly profit on Craftsman sale, cost cuts
- BlackRock CEO Larry Fink says global growth accelerating
- Prosecutors investigate Bosch employees in Daimler probe: Handelsblatt