WASHINGTON The U.S. Department of Homeland Security detected five "critical" cyber security weaknesses on the Securities and Exchange Commission's computers as of January 23, 2017, according to a confidential weekly report reviewed by Reuters. | Video
Recent Technology News
HONG KONG China-focused venture capital funds are increasing their bets on local technology companies and a further opening of Chinese domestic capital markets, raising money in the yuan at the fastest pace in five years.
WASHINGTON The U.S. consumer finance watchdog agency is expected to punish Equifax for its cyber breach with the wide-ranging powers it has used with Wall Street, former agency officials and lawyers said this week.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co is planning to cut at least 5,000 workers as part of a broader effort to reduce costs amid mounting competition, Bloomberg reported on Thursday, citing people familiar with the matter.
BRUSSELS The European Commission said on Thursday it may seek to implement tax reform to raise more revenue from online giants without the backing of the United States and other rich nations, in a move that could spark a new transatlantic dispute.
- Asia stocks edge lower, focus turns to China markets after ratings cut
- U.S. jobless claims fall; hurricanes still affecting data
- U.S. to weigh into 'challenging' issues at Ottawa NAFTA talks: negotiator
- Oil prices steady ahead of OPEC meeting on supply cut extension
- Exclusive: Persistent rail service disruptions dog CSX customers
- Daimler to invest $1 billion in Alabama plant, create over 600 jobs
- Yellen's stock rises as she leads Fed from crisis-era policy