- Standard & Poor's on Wednesday said Facebook Inc will join its S&P 500 stock index after the close of trading on December 20, cementing the social media network's rise into one of the biggest, most powerful U.S. companies.
Recent Technology News
BEIJING - The day before China's Communist Party published one of its most important policy statements in a decade, a copy of the reform plans was already circulating on Chinese social media.
PARIS - Video-sharing website Dailymotion, owned by French telecoms operator Orange, is close to signing a partnership in the United States and is working on another in Asia to help it to take on market leader YouTube.
SAN FRANCISCO - Snapchat, the mobile photo-sharing service beloved by teenagers and twenty-somethings, has raised another $50 million, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing made Wednesday.
NEW YORK - Online music-streaming service Spotify on Wednesday launched a free music service for smart phones and tablets as it tries to hook a fast-growing group of users keen to stream tunes on their mobile devices.
LONDON - Rebekah Brooks, the former head of Rupert Murdoch's British newspaper business, exchanged banter with rival editor Piers Morgan at a dinner party in 2003 about hacking each others' phone messages, a court heard on Thursday.
- Fed taper anxiety triggers profit taking on Wall St.
- Exclusive: As Fed looms, Morgan Stanley sets sale of U.S. oil terminal business
- Hilton Worldwide raises over $2.3 billion in biggest-ever hotel IPO
- Israel's Fischer picked to be next Fed vice chair: source
- Five years later, aide recalls Madoff's arrest on witness stand
- Analysis: With heavy lifting done, GM's focus turns to cars, fixing Europe
- JPMorgan's Dimon upbeat about budget deal, economy
- Exclusive: Peugeot board approves outline Dongfeng deal - source
- Union machinists held talks with Boeing on 777X