The vote by the U.S. Congress to repeal rules that limit how internet service providers can use customer data has generated renewed interest in an old internet technology: virtual private networks, or VPNs.
Recent Technology News
WASHINGTON The U.S. House voted on Tuesday 215-205 to repeal regulations requiring internet service providers to do more to protect customers' privacy than websites like Alphabet Inc's Google or Facebook Inc. | Video
SEOUL A consortium led by South Korea's SK Hynix Inc has offered to pay more than $9 billion for a majority stake in Toshiba Corp's memory chip business, the Maeil Business Newspaper reported on Wednesday citing unnamed sources.
DETROIT China's Tencent Holdings Ltd has bought a 5 percent stake in U.S. electric car maker Tesla Inc for $1.78 billion, the latest investment by a Chinese internet company in the potentially lucrative market for self-driving vehicles and related services. | Video
ABU DHABI Dubai-based ride-hailing company Careem is looking for acquisition opportunities and is considering an initial public offering as a possible option but has no timeframe in mind, its founder and CEO said.
WASHINGTON The U.S. Department of Commerce will remove Chinese telecommunications equipment maker ZTE Corp from a trade blacklist on Wednesday after the company pleaded guilty to violating sanctions on Iran and agreed to pay nearly $900 million, the agency said in a notice.
- Wall Street flat; Fed officials in focus
- Pending home sales surge to 10-month high
- After crippling cost overruns, Toshiba's Westinghouse files for bankruptcy |
- U.S. stocks' rally may be near peak, but some gains ahead: Reuters poll
- EU vetos Deutsche Boerse-London Stock Exchange merger deal
- Banks to London staff: no panic as Britain launches EU divorce process
- Ford warns Brexit deal must include tariff-free access to customs union
- Brexit's cliff edge: 'business as usual' not an option
- Fed's Evans says he supports one or two more rate hikes this year
- Other Akzo shareholders also want talks with PPG: Elliott Advisors