AMSTERDAM - Every year Singaporeans and Malaysians choke on smoke when farmers and plantation firms in neighboring Indonesia clear the land with fires during the dry season.
Recent Technology News
- U.S. wireless operators on Wednesday fought back against an accusation from the New York State attorney general that they refused to install software that would act as a "kill switch" to discourage theft of smartphones.
LUXEMBOURG - Microsoft fended off a challenge to its $8.5 billion takeover of messaging service Skype as Europe's second-highest court ruled against claims by rival Cisco that the 2011 deal would harm competition.
BOSTON - Verizon Communications Inc told activist investors on Wednesday that it might skip a vote on a shareholder proposal that seeks details on the company's cooperation with government surveillance efforts.
SAN FRANCISCO - Yahoo Inc's email service has been unavailable to some users since Monday night due to a "hardware problem" that the Internet company said has been harder to fix than it expected.
SAN FRANCISCO - Microsoft Corp has sold more than 2 million Xbox One video game consoles since its November 22 launch, catching up with rival Sony Corp's PlayStation 4 released a week earlier.
- Exclusive: Ford board aims to pin down CEO Mulally's plans
- Analysis: Europe no longer the bane of U.S. corporate profits
- Asian shares slide to 2-1/2 month low on Fed tapering anxiety
- Peugeot confirms talks on Dongfeng deal, capital hike
- Japan cabinet approves $53 billion extra budget to fund stimulus
- Israel's Fischer picked to be next Fed vice chair: source
- Criminal action expected for JPMorgan in Madoff case: NYT
- Centerbridge Partners offers to buy LightSquared for $3.3 billion: WSJ
- Exclusive: As Fed looms, Morgan Stanley sets sale of U.S. oil terminal business