TORONTO - BlackBerry Ltd posted a surprise quarterly profit on Friday and said it is pushing to end a slide in its revenue in this fiscal year, sending the stock up as much as 5.1 percent.
Recent Technology News
- Slack, a business management services startup, said a security breach in February may have compromised user information including phone number and Skype IDs.
WILLISTON, N.D. - The tech geeks are coming to the oil industry's rescue.
- Amazon.com is in talks to buy online luxury retailer Net-a-porter in what could be the biggest acquisition yet for the e-commerce giant, but the negotiations are in early stages and could fall apart, Forbes reported, citing a person familiar with the matter.
FRANKFURT - Nine months after Apple and IBM began working together on building mobile apps for businesses, some of the first fruits are about to appear at UK pharmacy chain Boots, which has begun equipping store employees with iPads to serve shoppers in the aisles.
PARIS - French auto parts maker Valeo plans to draw on drone software and other military technologies from partner Safran to offer self-driving vehicle platforms to carmakers by the end of the decade.
- Fed's Yellen sees gradual rate hikes starting this year
- Stocks likely to drift as investors await Fed, earnings
- As 3G digests Kraft deal, rivals will focus on organic firms
- Oil dives 5 percent as worries about Iran talks trump Yemen
- U.S. economic growth slows in fourth quarter; corporate profits fall |
- Lender says will make 'significant' new bid for RadioShack
- Brazil police arrest Grupo Galvão CEO in Petrobras probe
- Google to pay CFO Porat more than $70 million