WASHINGTON Democratic Senator Mark Warner on Monday asked the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to investigate whether Yahoo and its senior executives fulfilled obligations to inform investors and the public about a hacking attack affecting 500 million user accounts.
Recent Technology News
SHANGHAI China's Alipay payment platform has inked deals with 10 overseas airports as it looks to expand on the back of Chinese consumers' growing appetite for travel, and has already signed up more than 80,000 merchants worldwide, a senior executive said on Monday.
NEW YORK (IFR) - Viacom Inc is preparing to go to market this week with a bond offering that is expected to total $1 billion, part of the struggling media company's plan to boost liquidity, three sources told Reuters.
SHANGHAI Chinese ride-hailing service Didi Chuxing on Monday said it has invested "tens of millions of dollars" in the country's largest bicycle-sharing platform ofo, as it looks to provide its users with more transportation options.
PARIS When LVMH hired former Apple music executive Ian Rogers to craft a digital strategy, investors may have hoped for some quick results. If so, they are probably disappointed.
BRUSSELS Europe's bid to champion the "sharing economy" is being undermined in the short-term rental sector by capitals imposing petty rules such as dictating the number of coat hangers home-owners must provide, a complaint filed to the European Commission says.
- Oil up 4 percent as OPEC meets, volatility hits post-Doha high |
- Pfizer, banks lead Wall Street lower; presidential debate eyed
- Iran downplays chances of oil deal, UAE keen on freeze |
- U.S. new home sales fall in August but trend still positive
- Deutsche Bank says no need for Berlin's help in $14 billion U.S. dispute
- Fed will seek more capital from largest U.S. banks: Tarullo
- Support for Wells Fargo CEO Stumpf 'now wavering': CLSA
- Pfizer abandons plan to split into two companies |