Alphabet Inc's Google said on Friday it would stop scanning Gmail content for creating personalized ads from later this year, bringing the widely-used email service in line with its enterprise offering, G Suite.
Recent Technology News
MOSCOW Russia's communications regulator Roskomnadzor on Friday accused the Telegram messaging app of violating Russian legislation and said it could be blocked if it did not provide it with information about the company that controls Telegram.
Facebook Inc is launching a UK program to train and fund local organizations to combat extremist material online, as internet companies attempt to clamp down on hate speech and violent content on their services.
OTTAWA Canada's top court cleared the way on Friday for a lawsuit against Facebook Inc over privacy rights to be heard in the province of British Columbia instead of California where the social media site is based.
WATERLOO, Ontario BlackBerry Ltd posted quarterly revenue that missed analysts' forecasts due to an unexpected sales decline, pushing shares down as much as 13 percent, which would be their biggest one-day drop in more than two years.
BEIJING Beijing has shut down online video services of three popular Chinese media sites in a swift action that unleashed financial shockwaves and posed a firm warning to the country's online video industry: clean up, or close down. | Video
- Oil's drop could leave a stain on earnings
- Exclusive: Wal-Mart not considering a bid for Whole Foods - source
- GM settles hundreds of ignition switch lawsuits
- Exclusive: Eddie Bauer to explore options including sale - sources
- SeaWorld subpoenaed on disclosures about 'Blackfish' impact, trading
- Anthem to pay record $115 million to settle U.S. lawsuits over data breach
- Even with Whole Foods, Amazon would need many more warehouses to reshape grocery delivery
- VW ex-manager should stay in Germany: lawyer in Bild
- Russia's fighter jet makers 'not afraid' of U.S. competition in India