SAN FRANCISCO - Twitter Inc CEO Dick Costolo will meet Shanghai government officials, academics and students in his first visit to China, signaling Twitter's interest in cracking a lucrative but thorny market with 600 million Internet users.
Recent Technology News
BRUSSELS/LONDON - Hackers brought down several public NATO websites, the alliance said on Sunday, in what appeared to be the latest escalation in cyberspace over growing tensions over Crimea.
PORT-AU-PRINCE - Better known for producing third-world poverty and political mayhem - as well as a world-class rum - the Western Hemisphere's least developed country has made a surprising entry into the high-tech world with its own Android tablet.
- Mizuho Bank, one of Japan's largest lenders, has became ensnared in North American legal fallout from Mt. Gox, once the world's biggest bitcoin exchange, which collapsed last month after losing nearly half a billion dollars worth of customers' digital currency.
SHANGHAI - Japan's Nikon Corp has moved to allay consumer fears in China after being criticized on a closely watched consumer show that said the camera maker had sold defective products in China and denied local consumers fair treatment in aftersales service.
SAN FRANCISCO - Twitter-like messaging service Weibo Corp filed on Friday to raise $500 million via a U.S. initial public offering, as Chinese companies flock to the American market in record numbers to take advantage of soaring valuations.
- Shares under duress as diplomatic tensions rise on Crimea
- China may make the weather despite Fed and Ukraine
- In doubling yuan trading band, China aggravates foreign investor concerns
- Fannie, Freddie bill leaves status of private shareholders to courts
- Berkshire opposes dividend proposal; Buffett, Gates get pay rises
- Bargain retail lifts U.S. shopping centers as big names stumble
- Toyota India unit locks out workers at two plants as pay dispute drags
- Markets on edge as Crimea votes to quit Ukraine