SAN FRANCISCO - Virtual reality, artificial intelligence and drones will enable Facebook Inc to create a more lifelike and useful social network, the company said in its clearest explanation so far for technology projects that have puzzled some investors and analysts.
Recent Technology News
- Google Inc said it would pay its new Chief Financial Officer, Ruth Porat, more than $70 million in the next two years through a combination of restricted stock units and a biennial grant.
GENEVA - The United Nations top human rights body agreed on Thursday to appoint a special investigator to probe digital spying and violations of online privacy.
- GameStop Corp forecast a weaker-than-expected profit for the full year, as demand for the new PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles fail to make up for falling sales of earlier versions.
NEW YORK - Verizon Communications Inc may rely largely on advertising for revenue from its upcoming online video service, Chief Financial Officer Fran Shammo said in an interview.
GENEVA - The United States is concerned about China's restrictions on the use of foreign information technology equipment by the banking sector, according to a filing published by the World Trade Organization on Thursday.
- Wall St. ends down in choppy session, but off lows |
- Oil leaps 5 percent, most in a month, on air strikes in Yemen |
- Exclusive: Headhunter contacts Morgan Stanley's Fleming about CEO job at BNY Mellon
- LightSquared bankruptcy exit plan earns court approval
- Fed market gurus prep rate hike amid last-minute anxieties
- Exclusive: New Chevy Malibu's task - meet GM's aggressive sales goals
- Fed officials say rate hike plan intact despite weak U.S. data