- Defunct bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox has given up plans to rebuild under bankruptcy protection and has asked a Tokyo court to allow it to be liquidated, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the situation.
Recent Technology News
NEW YORK - Reddit, a website with a retro-'90s look and space-alien mascot that tracks everything from online news to celebrity Q&As, is going after more eyeballs, and advertising, by allowing members of its passionate community to post their own news more quickly and easily.
SAN FRANCISCO - Intel Corp's first-quarter net profit exceeded Wall Street's estimates as the chipmaker wrestles with slow demand for personal computers and its chief executive officer said an ambitious goal to stake out market share in tablets was on track.
SHANGHAI - Baidu Inc, China's leading internet search provider, has launched a mobile payment and wealth management platform after its main domestic rivals launched similar products.
- The final defendants in what the U.S. government called its first prosecution of a counterfeit apps case have pleaded guilty over their roles in alleged schemes to traffic in pirated Android mobile device applications.
NEW YORK - Major U.S. wireless carriers and smartphone makers have agreed to introduce tools to enable users to lock their devices and wipe them clean of data if stolen, responding to pressure on the telecommunications industry to do more to stem theft.
- China economic growth slows to 18-month low in first-quarter |
- Asian shares up on China relief, Softbank stars |
- Fed should beef up low-rate vows, two officials say
- Bonds shine again as Great Rotation gives way to Asset Reflation
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine
- ECB plan could boost shares in Europe's weakest companies
- GM CEO 'agonized' over putting two engineers on paid leave |
- HKMA steps up supervision of banks' credit risk management