SEOUL - South Korea's LG Display Co Ltd and the display-making subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co Ltd will supply screens for Apple Inc's smartwatches, The Electronic Times reported on Monday.
Recent Technology News
BARCELONA/BRUSSELS - New rules that aim to protect the openness of the Internet will allow telecom and cable groups to prioritize and earn potentially vast income from some types of data, setting up likely clashes with regulators in the future.
BARCELONA - Running short of dramatically new phone designs, leaders of the world's wireless industry agree their next big idea is 5G, shorthand for the fifth generation of networks they expect to have up and running by 2020.
BARCELONA - Chinese telecom equipment maker Huawei [HWT.UL] on Sunday launched its first smartwatch, a round-faced device that works with Android phones, joining a crowded market weeks before the introduction of the highly anticipated Apple Watch.
MILAN - The Italian government is pushing to speed up the roll-out of ultrafast broadband networks to help its ailing economy, fuelling speculation it could force incumbent Telecom Italia into a costly overhaul of its existing infrastructure.
AMSTERDAM - Dutch semiconductor equipment maker ASML said on Sunday that it was investigating an unauthorised intrusion into its IT systems, but it had found no evidence that valuable files were accessed.
- Asia edges higher after China rate cut, euro slips
- China February HSBC PMI at seven-month high
- Oil falls on supply concerns; pick-up in China manufacturing helps
- Berkshire insurance 'superstar' could fill Buffett's shoes
- Despite Greece, euro zone is turning the corner
- Ferragamo CEO sees higher 2015 sales after 'excellent' February
- NXP to buy Freescale Semiconductor, merge operations in $40 billion deal
- Bells toll for Europe's largest gas field