SAN FRANCISCO - Apple Inc forecast a strong holiday quarter after a better-than-expected 16 percent jump in iPhone sales, and the strongest growth in Mac computer shipments in years helped the company surpass Wall Street's targets.
Recent Technology News
WASHINGTON - The Russian government has been ruled out as sponsor of a cyber attack on JPMorgan Chase & Co disclosed in August, U.S. law enforcement officials said on Monday.Officials from the FBI and Secret Service told a news conference at the Financial Services Roundtable in Washington that authorities believe the attack was the work of cyber criminalsEarly news reports in August said that investigators feared the attack was conducted on behalf of the Russian government as retributi
SAN FRANCISCO - Texas Instruments Inc posted third-quarter results above expectations and its CFO said business was healthy, in contrast to recent concerns on Wall Street about a possible slowdown in chip demand.
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM |
- AbbVie says $55 billion acquisition of Shire officially dead
- Valeant says may raise Allergan bid; beats on profit
- Top Allergan holder Paulson urges deal with Shire: sources
- UPS says U.S. rates to rise 4.9 percent as of December 29
- Deaths linked to GM ignition-switch defect rise to 29
- SunEdison shares rise on report of Einhorn recommendation
- Toyota recalls 247,000 vehicles in U.S. over Takata air bags