SAN FRANCISCO - Uber drivers are entitled to class action status in litigation over whether they are independent contractors or employees, a key development in a case threatening Uber's business model and that of other hot startups dependent on similar service workers.
Recent Technology News
BANGKOK, - Unfazed by Thailand's faltering economy, businesses are penciling in bigger budgets for digital advertising as they target Thai consumers via smartphone apps, social networking forums and video-sharing websites.
TUEBINGEN - SAP unveiled a new product on Tuesday that promises to help businesses make sense of a deluge of real-world data from retail transactions, transport systems and social media, hoping to persuade customers to switch from rival database suppliers.SAP HANA Vora, as the database query software will be known, aims to give businesses greater insights into the vast volumes of data organizations are collecting from customer feedback, along with sensors installed in products, vehicle
- Apple Inc is looking to move into the original programing business to compete with video streaming companies such as Netflix Inc, Variety reported on Monday.
- Google Inc unveiled a redesign of its iconic logo on Tuesday, the fifth such modification since the search engine giant started in 1998, the company said in a blog post.
SAN FRANCISCO - A woman who sued Uber after accusing one of its drivers of raping her in India has voluntarily ended her lawsuit against the company, according to a court filing on Tuesday.
- Asian shares fall for third day on global growth concerns
- Factory slowdown puts wrinkle in U.S. growth outlook
- Oil prices extend losses on U.S. oil inventory, manufacturing data
- IMF's Lagarde warns of spillover risks from recent volatility
- U.S. auto sales stronger than expected in August on trucks, SUVs |
- Japan lawmakers urge bourse, regulators to be tough on Toshiba
- Kmart pays $1.4 million to settle U.S. charges over Medicare inducements
- Pilots' union threatens renewed strikes at Lufthansa
- Hit by cheap oil, Canada's economy falls into recession