NEW YORK/BOSTON - JPMorgan Chase & Co is warning some 465,000 holders of prepaid cash cards issued by the bank that their personal information may have been accessed by hackers who attacked its network in July.
Recent Technology News
BOSTON - Security experts have uncovered a trove of some 2 million stolen passwords to websites including Facebook, Google, Twitter and Yahoo from Internet users across the globe.
WASHINGTON - A U.S. appeals court on Wednesday closely questioned Google's claim that Oracle does not enjoy copyright protection over certain parts of the Java programming language.
STOCKHOLM - Fingerprint Cards is aiming to sell its identity technology to most of the world's biggest smartphone makers, which are likely to follow Apple in offering touch recognition for mobiles from next year.
BRASILIA - Brazil antitrust watchdog Cade ruled on Wednesday that Spain's Telefonica SA must exit its direct and indirect stake in wireless carrier TIM Participações SA or seek a new partner for its Vivo mobile phone unit.
WASHINGTON - The growing online usage of ads designed to blend in with the rest of a website's content, a practice known as "native advertising," may be illegal in some instances, the Federal Trade Commission warned on Wednesday.
- Asian shares tested by Fed nerves, euro awaits ECB
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rifts widen over food subsidies
- BNP Paribas agrees to buy Polish Rabobank unit for $1.4 billion
- Toyota labor federation to push for higher wages: media
- UBS shuffles top execs as asset management head retires
- Bank of America settles municipal bond rigging lawsuit
- Pentagon focused on weapons, data fusion as F-35 nears combat use
- SolarCity to offer Tesla-made batteries to business customers
- South Korea mulls disciplinary action against Goldman Sachs' local unit: sources