SEATTLE - Chuck Robbins, the veteran salesman chosen by Cisco Systems Inc to succeed legendary CEO John Chambers, must prove he has the technical knowledge to chart a new course and lead the network equipment maker into the new world of cloud-based computing.
Recent Technology News
- General Electric Co on Monday announced collaborations with Qualcomm Inc and Apple Inc as it uses digital technology and the growing appetite for data to reinvigorate its 130-year-old lighting business.
SAO PAULO - A Brazilian judge on Monday struck down an injunction issued last week calling for the suspension of the U.S-based Uber ride-sharing service throughout the country.
MUMBAI - Facebook Inc opened up its Internet.org platform to new websites and applications from developers on Monday, a move the social media giant said would boost efforts to get people online in low-income and rural areas in emerging markets.
AMSTERDAM - Dutch navigation company TomTom aims to become a main provider of technology for self-driving cars as it charts its way back to success after seven lean years, chief executive Harold Goddijn said.
WALLDORF, Germany - German e-commerce investor Rocket Internet's push into the takeaway delivery business was a big contributor to a 77 percent rise in its loan portfolio value since its initial public offering in October.
- U.S. trade deficit largest since 2008 as imports surge
- Stock futures off ahead of service sector, trade data
- Disney revenue beats with lift from theme parks, media networks
- Greece steps up diplomacy to avert cash crunch
- VW aims to find new chairman quickly and return focus to business
- Fed's Yellen says met firm at heart of leak probes
- Pimco Total Return Fund loses world's biggest bond fund title
- Exclusive: Head of Coutts Intl set to exit following UBP deal - source
- Fancy fast food shares surge in U.S. as Shake Shack draws shorts