NEW YORK - A New York businessman must face criminal fraud charges for trying to claim a billion-dollar stake in social media company Facebook Inc, a federal judge ruled on Friday.
Recent Technology News
BERLIN - German Infrastructure Minister Alexander Dobrindt said on Friday Berlin will invest the proceeds of planned sales of frequency bands to mobile telephone services in broadband infrastructure expansion.
BEIJING - Baidu Inc has formed a partnership to apply for a private banking license, as China's biggest search engine provider moves from acting as a store front for money market funds to a certified financial institution.
LONDON - British online fashion retailer boohoo.com will list on London's AIM market next week with a market capitalization of 560 million pounds ($936 million) after tapping into current investor appetite for internet retail stocks.
TOKYO - A week after the collapse of Mt. Gox, Japan is still struggling to craft a response to the bitcoin phenomenon, saying the crypto-currency is not legal tender, though it might be taxable and subject to money-laundering controls.
TEMPLE CITY, California - A Japanese American man thought to be the reclusive multi-millionaire father of Bitcoin emerged from a modest Southern California home and denied involvement with the digital currency before leading reporters on a freeway car chase to the local headquarters of the Associated Press.
- S&P 500 ends at another record after strong jobs data
- Stocks may extend rally after strong jobs data
- U.S. job growth offers upbeat sign for weather-beaten economy
- Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production
- Ex-Jefferies trader guilty of fraud in bond probe
- JPMorgan whistleblower gets $63.9 million in mortgage fraud deal
- Chevron's U.S. win in Ecuador case looms over cases elsewhere
- Greece, lenders will miss March 10 deadline for rescue loan deal: sources
- Deutsche Bank denies it knew of forex woes since 2006
- Marchionne Chrysler pay fell in 2013, Fiat pay announced later