WASHINGTON The U.S. Department of Homeland Security detected five "critical" cyber security weaknesses on the Securities and Exchange Commission's computers as of January 23, 2017, according to a confidential weekly report reviewed by Reuters. | Video
Recent Technology News
MELBOURNE The Australian government has resumed the use of Chinese-built drones in non-classifed situations, the country's defense minister said on Thursday.
SAN FRANCISCO Facebook Inc on Thursday launched an overhaul of how it handles paid political advertisements, giving a concession to U.S. lawmakers who have threatened to regulate the world's largest social network over secretive ads that run during election campaigns. | Video
TAIPEI Shares in Taiwanese technology company HTC Corp rose 9.96 pct in early trading on Friday.
National Bank of Canada, the country's sixth largest lender, said on Thursday a website glitch earlier this week may have exposed personal information of about 400 customers.
WASHINGTON The U.S. consumer finance watchdog agency is expected to punish Equifax for its cyber breach with the wide-ranging powers it has used with Wall Street, former agency officials and lawyers said this week.
- Asia stocks slip, yen and franc rise as North Korea moots H-bomb test
- Despite tough talk, Canada seen unlikely to walk away from NAFTA
- Flood, fix and flip: Houston housing investors see profit in Harvey's wake
- Citigroup targets Belt and Road to boost China revenue
- Boeing boosts Southeast Asia order forecast on strong demand
- HPE plans 5,000 job cuts: Bloomberg