WASHINGTON A cyber security company on Wednesday asserted that the hack of 500 million account credentials from Yahoo was the work of an Eastern European criminal gang, adding another layer of intrigue to a murky investigation into the unprecedented data heist.
Recent Technology News
NEW YORK Citigroup Inc on Wednesday became the last of the big U.S. banks to agree to allow customers to send instant payments by mobile phone over an industry network that is competing with upstart Venmo.
Swedish music-streaming service provider Spotify is in advanced talks to acquire German rival SoundCloud, the Financial Times reported on Wednesday, citing people briefed on the discussions.
LONDON Technology giant Apple said on Wednesday it is moving its London headquarters to the landmark Battersea Power Station, a move hailed by the government as a sign that major firms are still investing after the Brexit vote.
SINGAPORE The global shipping industry, ravaged by collapsing revenues, defensive mergers and the failure of major player South Korea's Hanjin Shipping Co Ltd , is slowly waking up to the redeeming potential of technology.
HONG KONG/MUMBAI Wal-Mart Stores Inc is in talks to buy a minority stake in India's largest e-commerce firm Flipkart, two sources familiar with the matter said, as the world's biggest retailer aims to get a slice of a fast-growing online retail market.
- OPEC agrees modest oil output curbs in first deal since 2008 |
- Oil prices, stocks up on surprise OPEC deal though gains seen fizzling
- Wells Fargo plans to eliminate sales goals sooner than planned |
- Fed's primal divide: Is economy overheating or stuck in a rut?
- Icahn slashes stake in Transocean by more than two thirds
- AIG's ex-CEO Greenberg cites lawyers, accountants in fraud defense
- South Korea prosecutors may re-submit arrest warrant request for Lotte chairman: Yonhap