- John Malone's Charter Communications Inc struck a $56 billion deal to buy Time Warner Cable Inc, seeking to combine the third and second largest U.S. cable operators to better compete against market leader Comcast Corp.
Recent Technology News
LONDON - Internet retailer Amazon.com Inc.'s main German operating unit paid just 11.9 million euros ($16 million) in tax in 2014, despite the group recording $11.9 billion in sales to German customers last year, regulatory filings show.
- Data storage products maker EMC Corp said it would buy privately held Virtustream for about $1.2 billion in cash to expand its cloud offerings.
GUIYANG, China - Taiwan's Foxconn Technology Group, the world's largest contract electronics manufacturer, is aiming to develop 10-12 facilities in India, including factories and data centers, by 2020, company Chairman Terry Gou said on Tuesday.
SEOUL - Samsung Group's de facto holding company on Tuesday sought another cornerstone as it reconstructs South Korea's biggest conglomerate to smooth the path for management succession, offering more than $8 billion to buy an affiliate with a key stake in flagship firm Samsung Electronics.
- Security researcher Chris Roberts made headlines last month when he was hauled off a plane in New York by the FBI and accused of hacking into flight controls via his underseat entertainment unit.
- Wall Street opens lower as dollar rises
- Germany sees progress on Greece, EU officials to confer on Thursday
- Buffett-backed Chinese automaker BYD plans up to $1.9 billion placement: IFR
- Oil drops below $65 on U.S. shale outlook, dollar
- AstraZeneca hit after psoriasis drug linked to suicide fears
- First defendant in Libor scandal faces jury trial in London