BRUSSELS - EU antitrust regulators are asking Facebook's rivals and telecoms operators whether the world No. 1 online social network's proposed $19 billion bid for mobile messaging startup WhatsApp will lead to price hikes and curb innovation.
Recent Technology News
NEW YORK - Bitcoin entrepreneur Charlie Shrem has reached a plea deal to resolve U.S. charges that he engaged in a scheme to sell over $1 million of the digital currency to users of illicit online marketplace Silk Road, his lawyer said Friday.
- Digital Ally Inc forecast full-year revenue of about $22.5 million, encouraged by a "five-fold" rise in inquiries for its wearable cameras from police departments in the aftermath of the fatal shooting in Ferguson this month.
- Factory activity in Europe, Asia cools; demand lull a concern |
- European investors look past Ukraine, focus on ECB
- U.S. inflation bonds back in vogue
- Central European PMIs point to slowdown as sanctions hit sentiment
- Twenty years on, Schaeuble pleads again for core Europe
- Imperial Tobacco closes $13 billion of loans
- France's Moscovici set for EU economy role, under supervision
- Euro zone factory growth slows in August amid Ukraine tension: PMI
- Retreat in China's PMIs heightens calls for policy easing |
- KPMG refuses to approve BES accounts, warns of further loss