PARIS - Two executives from California-based Uber will face trial in France on Sept. 30, the Paris public prosecutor said on Tuesday, part of a French crackdown on what the government calls an illegal taxi service.
Recent Technology News
NEW YORK - A divided federal appeals court on Tuesday upheld a judge's ruling that Apple Inc had conspired with five publishers to increase e-book prices, in a win for the U.S. Justice Department.
SAO PAULO - Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi has started making devices in Brazil for sale locally, promising to dramatically undercut rivals on price in the first big step beyond Asia for the world's most valuable technology start-up.
SAN FRANCISCO - Amazon.com Inc launched its one-hour delivery service, Prime Now, for select areas of London on Tuesday and said it would expand the program to additional cities in the United Kingdom by the end of the year.
MUNICH, Germany - Google won a legal victory on Tuesday over German performing rights organization Gema, which had sought to make the company's video-sharing service YouTube pay each time users watched music videos by artists it represents.
BEIJING - Huawei Technologies Co Ltd's [HWT.UL] Honor brand has sold 20 million smartphones in the first half of 2015 and by should reach its goal of 40 million shipments by the year end, double the 2014 figure.
- As default looms, Merkel rules out more negotiations with Greece |
- Wall St. ends up on Greek hopes ahead of debt deadline
- GE Capital CEO sees asset sale pace speeding up in third quarter
- Ex-BP engineer deserves new Gulf spill trial: U.S. appeals court
- Virgin Atlantic to cut 500 jobs: WSJ report
- U.S. economy nearing full employment, bounced back in second quarter: Fed's Fischer
- Major Puerto Rico investor warns it stands ready to defend bonds
- U.S. consumer confidence rises; manufacturing still soft
- Goldman settles SEC charges over 2013 trading incident