WASHINGTON - The White House is considering applying sanctions against companies and individuals in China it believes have benefited from Chinese hacking of U.S. trade secrets, the Washington Post reported on Sunday.
Recent Technology News
WASHINGTON - A U.S. appeals court on Friday threw out a judge's ruling that would have blocked the National Security Agency from collecting phone metadata under a controversial program that has raised privacy concerns.
SAN FRANCISCO - Uber Technologies Inc [UBER.UL] has hired two top vehicle security researchers, the company said on Friday, high-profile additions that come as the ride-hailing service ramps up its work on technology for self-driving cars.
NEW YORK - Microsoft Corp avoided a potentially costly setback to its mobile phone business on Friday as the U.S. International Trade Commission declined to block the import of its devices in a longstanding patent dispute.
, Brussels - - The European Commission will launch a study in September of the ride-hailing app Uber in an effort to settle legal disputes that have pitched the U.S. start-up against conventional taxis across Europe, three people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
TAIPEI - Acer Inc founder Stan Shih said he would welcome a takeover of the struggling Taiwanese computer maker after a steep fall in its share price, while warning any potential buyer would pay a heavy price.
- Europe, Asia stocks set for worst monthly drop in three years on China, Fed
- Exclusive: Citi aims to boost equities franchise amid industry shakeout
- Focus turns to U.S. data as China slowdown looms
- Toshiba delays annual results again as more accounting errors found
- China stocks slide as crackdown on speculators spreads, lose 11 percent in August |
- Venture capital cash surfers may see waves recede in market turmoil
- Suzuki Motor says it will buy back VW stake as court settles feud
- Boeing uses its clout to control supplier consolidation
- World to Fed: We're prepared for U.S. rate hike, so don't delay