MUMBAI - Facebook Inc plans to scale up its service to offer free basic Internet on mobile phones, an executive said, after introducing the application in 17 developing countries over the past year.
Recent Technology News
LONDON - One of the founders of trading venue Chi-X Europe is joining the race to bring "blockchain" technology, the system that tracks and identifies transactions in digital-currency bitcoin, to the wider financial world.
LONDON - Online gambling firm GVC Holdings returned on Monday with a new 1 billion-pound ($1.55 billion) bid for rival Bwin.party Digital Entertainment , looking to trump a recently accepted offer from 888 .
TOKYO - Japan's Canon Inc cut its earnings outlook for the full year and reported a 16 percent fall in quarterly profit as consumers, increasingly in the habit of taking photos with their smartphones, bought fewer compact digital cameras.
FRANKFURT - German carmaker Daimler is planning to test self-driving trucks as early as this year, executive board member Wolfgang Bernhard told a German newspaper.
TEL AVIV - Facebook marketing partner Bidalgo targets a tripling in sales in 2015 as its new technology to automate the process of making personalized online video advertising benefits from Facebook's growing share of the video market.
- Asia shares slip on China stock jitters, dollar pressured
- Teva to buy Allergan generic business for $40.5 billion, drops Mylan bid |
- Baidu profit weighed down by offline mobile services push
- Syngenta says Monsanto's $2 billion break-up fee comes with caveat
- Chinese regulator vows share support after markets tumble 8.5 percent in a day |
- Greek creditors seek third wave of reforms before loan |
- P&G to name David Taylor CEO: WSJ
- U.S. private sector vows to ante up on climate finance
- Fiat Chrysler could spend billions to buy back unrepaired trucks |
- McGraw Hill Financial to buy SNL Financial for $2.23 billion