BRUSSELS - European Union lawmakers overwhelmingly backed a motion on Thursday urging antitrust regulators to get tough on Google and other Internet search engines and consider breaking them up.
Recent Technology News
REYKJAVIK - An Icelandic computer hacker and former associate of Wikileaks founder Julian Assange unexpectedly pleaded guilty on Wednesday to embezzling 30 million Icelandic crowns ($240,000) from the organization.
SEOUL - Shares of South Korean tech giant Samsung Electronics Co Ltd opened sharply higher on Thursday on the news that it will buy back $2 billion of its own stock.
- Toyota recalls more cars for dangerous Takata air bags
- Oil hits four-year low as expectations of OPEC cuts dwindle |
- Gulf states seek to block OPEC oil output cut |
- EU's Juncker survives no-confidence vote over tax deals
- Banking tricks blunt China's drive to increase lending
- Barclays says its Swiss private bank drops out of U.S. tax deal
- Exclusive: France, Italy, Belgium may break budget rules, EU to revisit in March
- China's official PMI seen edging down to 50.6 in November