- EBay Inc on Monday rejected activist investor Carl Icahn's two nominees to its board, saying both were unqualified, and urged shareholders to vote against them at its next annual meeting.
Recent Technology News
TORONTO - New smartphone apps that link to hearing aids are helping people with impaired hearing to pump up the volume on their devices or to use them as headphones to stream phone calls, YouTube videos and music.
SEOUL - Samsung Electronics Co's Galaxy S5 smartphone could get off to a slow start in South Korea as the flagship's launch next month will coincide with a 45-day ban on local carriers selling phones, analysts said.
LONDON - A U.S. biotech company pioneering tablets containing edible embedded microchips that can tell if patients have taken their medication is to establish its first international manufacturing site in Britain.
- A Chinese state-owned company offered to buy Montage Technology Group, a Shanghai-based chipmaker, in a deal valued at about $600 million, roughly four months after failing to buy rival RDA Microelectronics Inc.
BEIJING - Tencent Holdings Ltd's new partnership with China's No. 2 online retailer JD.com takes aim at dominant rival Alibaba's Achilles heel - its weakness in mobile - in a move set to reshape the country's e-commerce industry.
- S&P slips from record on China concern; Boeing weighs
- Fannie, Freddie could send $179.2 billion to taxpayers: White House
- Evans says flatly: Fed will keep trimming bond purchases
- Pizza chain Sbarro files for bankruptcy protection
- Boeing's Muilenburg says confident about $25 billion in deferred 787 costs
- GM recall probe team led by Lehman investigator
- BMW says demand for i8 hybrid outstrips initial production run
- Central bank guidance soothes markets but also carries risks: BIS