NEW YORK Verizon Communications Inc said on Monday it would buy Yahoo Inc's core internet properties for $4.83 billion in cash, marking the end of the line for a storied Web pioneer and setting the stage for a big new internet push by the telecom giant. | Video
Recent Technology News
RIO DE JANEIRO The judge overseeing the probe that led to the arrest last week of suspected Islamist militants in Brazil said Facebook Inc. and Twitter Inc. co-operated with investigators by providing information about the suspects' use of both social networks.
BANGKOK Thai student protesters will use social media tools, from Facebook to Japanese messaging app Line, to persuade voters to reject a military-backed draft constitution, some of the activists said on Monday.
SAN DIEGO, Calif. The creator of the wildly popular Pokemon Go gaming app received the celebrity treatment on Sunday at the final day of San Diego's annual Comic-Con, as he discussed the viral popularity and future of the game.
HONG KONG Huawei Technologies Co Ltd [HWT.UL], one of the world's largest telecoms equipment makers, on Monday posted a 40 percent rise in first-half sales revenue and said it would "maintain current momentum" this year.
STOCKHOLM Swedish mobile telecoms gear maker Ericsson jettisoned its chief executive Hans Vestberg on Monday after pressure from major shareholders unhappy with its results. | Video
- Wall Street drops as energy shares slump
- EU working with consumer groups to pressure Volkswagen for compensation
- Buyout funds eye alliances for SABMiller's Pilsner, east Europe brands
- Fiat Chrysler review shows U.S. sales figures were inflated: report
- Starbucks shuffles management as it rolls out new store concepts
- Star Wars may propel U.S. toy industry to best year since '99: NPD
- Deutsche Bank must face U.S. lawsuit over subprime disclosures