SAN FRANCISCO - Billionaire investor Carl Icahn said on Wednesday that he has filed a shareholder proposal with Apple for a much smaller stock buyback plan than he has advocated previously, as he continued to pressure Apple to share more of its cash pile.
Recent Technology News
WASHINGTON - The growing online usage of ads designed to blend in with the rest of a website's content, a practice known as "native advertising," may be illegal in some instances, the Federal Trade Commission warned on Wednesday.
MILAN/ROME - An activist shareholder campaign to reform Telecom Italia won traction on Wednesday as influential proxy adviser ISS recommended institutional investors back a proposal to remove the company board at a meeting on December 20.
SAN FRANCISCO - Google Inc has quietly acquired more than a half-dozen companies for a new robotics groups led by Andy Rubin, formerly in charge of Google's popular mobile software, according to a report in the New York Times on Wednesday.
BRASILIA - A vote on a bill that would force Internet giants like Google and Facebook to keep Brazilians' information inside the country will be delayed until next year over disagreements about its content, a senior lawmaker told Reuters on Wednesday.
LONDON - Britain will clear Chinese telecoms equipment firm Huawei to run a UK-based cyber security center if it agrees to tighter rules to allay spying and hacking fears, a person familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.
- Dow, S&P 500 drop for fourth straight day; Fed a concern
- Bank of America settles municipal bond rigging lawsuit
- Ex-aide says Madoff workers duped investor's account postmortem
- Wall Street groups contest CFTC cross-border guidelines
- ECB under policy pressure from its own forecasts update
- Southwest, Virgin America to buy LaGuardia slots: sources
- Westfield to buy remaining 50 percent in World Trade Center for $800 million
- Barrick shakes up board, new chairman muses on hedging
- Exclusive: U.S. plans new bank fraud cases in early 2014 - attorney general |