- The cost of data breaches is rising for companies around the world as sophisticated thieves target valuable financial and medical records, according to a study released on Wednesday.
Recent Technology News
TOKYO - Japanese industrial conglomerate Toshiba Corp is considering paying a special dividend to compensate investors after skipping a year-end payment due to a probe into accounting irregularities, sources familiar with the situation said.
TOKYO - The head of Sony Corp's loss-making mobile telecoms unit plans to tweak handset prices and cut costs if need be to absorb the dollar's sharp rise versus the yen, citing currency shifts as a bigger potential threat to the Japanese electronics maker's efforts to turn the business around than competition.
MADRID - French telecoms group Orange said on Wednesday it saw no need to buy further assets in Spain following a takeover of Spanish rival Jazztel which was approved by the Spanish regulator on Tuesday.
SHANGHAI - China's banking regulator has given a green light to MYbank, the online bank affiliated with Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd, to start operating.
- Xiaomi [XTC.UL], China's largest smartphone maker, is testing the European market with its online store offering fitness bands, headphones and power banks in France, Germany and the UK.
- Wall Street opens higher, rebounding from Tuesday's selloff
- Global lower rate environment harmful to investors: BlackRock CEO
- Michael Kors posts slowest revenue growth since going public
- Tiffany's results beat as sales in Europe, Americas rise
- Investor Bill Gross: Bet against Bunds 'well timed, not well executed'
- Homebuilder Toll Brothers profit beats estimates
- Citi keeps top spot in FX trading as European banks slump: poll
- G7 finance chiefs ponder flagging growth, Greek risk
- Ahead of G7, U.S. warns Europe not to miscalculate over Greece