BEIJING - China's legislature adopted a sweeping national security law on Wednesday that covers everything from territorial sovereignty to measures to tighten cyber security, a move likely to rile foreign businesses.
Recent Technology News
- Interactive Data Corp, one of the world's largest financial data providers, has hired banks for a potential sale or an initial public offering that could value it at more than $5 billion, including debt, people familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.
NEW DELHI/MUMBAI - India is reinvigorating an $18 billion campaign to provide fast internet connections for all, with a "digital week" aimed at popularizing Prime Minister Narendra Modi's campaign promise to connect 250,000 villages in India by 2019.
FRANKFURT - BMW is open to building cars for other companies such as Google or Apple, the automaker's production chief said on Wednesday.
BEIJING - Beijing-based smartphone maker Xiaomi Inc said on Wednesday it has hired private equity investor Shou Zi Chew as chief financial officer, further bolstering its executive ranks in a period of rapid international expansion.
TOKYO - SoftBank Group Corp said on Wednesday it had hired former LinkedIn Corp executive Deep Nishar as managing director of investments as the Japanese telecoms conglomerate targets growth overseas to counter a shrinking domestic market.
- Greece offers conditional okay to bailout, Germany skeptical |
- U.S. private sector adds 237,000 jobs in June: ADP
- Futures rise as Greece makes new bid for bailout deal
- JPMorgan builds up apartment-loan leader from WaMu rubble
- Euro zone factory growth stutters as China, Japan heals
- Fiat Chrysler U.S. sales rise 8 percent on strong Jeep sales
- General Mills profit halves due to $260 million impairment charge
- China June factory, services surveys fuel hopes economy leveling out
- Nike Chairman Phil Knight to step down in 2016
- Credit Suisse needs discipline, strong balance sheet: new CEO