NEW YORK AT&T Inc is set to announce an $85 billion deal to buy Time Warner Inc on Saturday, sources familiar with the matter said, the boldest move yet by a telecommunications company to acquire content to stream over its high-speed network in an attempt to appeal to a growing number of online viewers.
Recent Technology News
BRUSSELS EU antitrust regulators want to know whether LinkedIn's data is unique, two people familiar with the matter said on Friday, which could be key to their decision on Microsoft's $26 billion bid for the social network.
SAN FRANCISCO/BOSTON The apparent lack of interest in Twitter Inc by potential suitors may force the social media company to consider a route anathema to aspiring tech startups: a major restructuring and cutting some its nearly 4,000 employees. | Video
Microsoft Corp said sales of its flagship cloud product doubled in its first quarter, propelling earnings above analysts' estimates and sending its shares to an all-time high, breaking past a level hit in 1999 at the peak of the tech stock bubble.
SAN FRANCISCO Tesla Motors Inc is planning to roll out a ride services program and will announce details next year, the luxury electric vehicle maker said on its website, a service first outlined by Chief Executive Elon Musk in his master plan in July.
HONG KONG China's tech industry giants are sloughing hundreds of millions of dollars into what they're betting will be the country's next big internet craze - 'Uber for bikes'.
- Exclusive: Goldman Sachs' Latam investment bank chief to leave - source
- Second wind for stocks as earnings turn positive |
- Venezuela's Maduro says oil producers close to output cap deal
- AT&T reaches deal to buy Time Warner for more than $80 billion: WSJ
- Piech, Porsche families say united behind VW management: Spiegel
- Bombardier to cut 7,500 more jobs through 2018, mostly in rail