BOSTON/WASHINGTON - A cyber attack at a firm that performs background checks for U.S. government employees compromised data of at least 25,000 workers, including some undercover investigators, and that number could rise, agency officials said on Friday.
Recent Technology News
PORTLAND Ore. - The state of Oregon sued Oracle America Inc. and six of its top executives Friday, accusing the software giant of fraud for failing to deliver a working website for the Affordable Care Act program.
NEW YORK - Neustar Inc, a company which helps North American telecommunication carriers route calls and text messages, is considering a potential sale amid interest from private equity firms, according to people familiar with the matter.
- Russian Deputy PM says no plans to ban McDonald's: Itar-Tass
- Market leaders seen taking S&P 500 to 2,000
- Fed's Yellen calls for caution on rates; Draghi says ECB ready to act |
- Goldman Sachs, U.S. agency in mortgage settlement worth $1.2 billion
- Argentina slams U.S. judge as 'imperialist,' peso halts rout
- French economy minister says austerity measures sapping growth
- Ackman, other shareholders ask Allergan to call special meeting
- Cargill sues former employee for breach of contract
- HSBC is sued in U.S. for $250 million over alleged role in 'death bonds'