SAN FRANCISCO - Investors piled into Twitter Inc for the second straight day, lifting its shares to more than $52 and setting a new intraday high on Tuesday even in the absence of any significant announcements from the social media debutante.
Recent Technology News
TORONTO - The court-appointed monitor for struggling Canadian wireless startup Mobilicity has extended the deadline for suitors to bid for the company by a week to December 16, a regulatory filing shows.
SAN FRANCISCO - Qualcomm Inc said on Monday it will make smartphone chips with 64-bit features typically found in personal computers, following Apple Inc and opening the way to more efficient mobile gadgets.
AMSTERDAM - New apps are keeping track of people's special moments and memories by producing digital scrapbooks and journals that help users log where they have been and what they have done.
SAN FRANCISCO - Snapchat, a service that allows users to exchange fleeting photo messages, has filed for a temporary restraining order against Frank Reginald Brown, who claims he came up with the idea for the company.
HELSINKI - Nokia has offered to pay a 270 million euro ($369 million) deposit to Indian authorities to unfreeze assets in a tax dispute, according to sources familiar with the matter.
- Wall Street falls after record; Fed remains in focus
- GM shakes up auto industry men's club, naming Mary Barra next CEO |
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |
- Lululemon aims to move past gaffes with new CEO, chairman
- Wal-Mart taps insider to head international division
- Madoff workers concerned about 'exit strategy' in 2006: witness
- Citigroup CFO sees fourth-quarter markets results slipping
- U.S. Supreme Court rules for Sprint in fees fight
- Europe sketches plan to close troubled banks |