- An Indian court will issue on Thursday its verdict on Nokia's appeal against the seizure by tax authorities of its local factory after a tax dispute, lawyers for the company and the tax department said on Wednesday.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - A Google Inc commuter bus was blocked in San Francisco's Mission district for about a half hour Monday morning, highlighting many residents' growing concern that an influx of affluent technology workers is driving up costs in the city.
TORONTO - The court-appointed monitor for struggling Canadian wireless startup Mobilicity has extended the deadline for suitors to bid for the company by a week to December 16, a regulatory filing shows.
SAN FRANCISCO - Qualcomm Inc said on Monday it will make smartphone chips with 64-bit features typically found in personal computers, following Apple Inc and opening the way to more efficient mobile gadgets.
AMSTERDAM - New apps are keeping track of people's special moments and memories by producing digital scrapbooks and journals that help users log where they have been and what they have done.
SAN FRANCISCO - Snapchat, a service that allows users to exchange fleeting photo messages, has filed for a temporary restraining order against Frank Reginald Brown, who claims he came up with the idea for the company.
- U.S. budget deal could usher in new era of cooperation
- GM to halt car production in Australia, industry in crisis
- BOJ tankan seen showing improved business mood, capex
- Bank Coop says will participate in U.S. tax probe
- GM's new president Ammann out to prove he is not a 'bean counter'
- Europe edges toward plan to close failing banks
- U.S. finalizes Volcker rule, curbing Wall Street's risky trades |
- GM shakes up auto industry men's club, naming first woman CEO |
- U.S. fund industry sees modest wins in final Volcker rule