- Software security company Symantec Corp is in talks to sell its Veritas data storage business to private equity firm Carlyle Group LP , a person familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.
Recent Technology News
BEIJING - The fate of debt-ridden U.S. rare earth miner Molycorp rests on China's efforts to crack down on networks that smuggled as much as 40,000 tonnes of the vital technology metals out of the country last year, driving down global prices.
MUMBAI - India's IT outsourcing firms are betting on U.S. President Barack Obama's healthcare reform to rev up revenue growth which is slowing as the $146 billion industry's key financial and manufacturing clients spend less on software services.
- Oracle Corp said its copyright infringement lawsuit against software support services company Rimini Street Inc and the smaller rival's Chief Executive Seth Ravin would go to trial in September.
SAN FRANCISCO - Facebook Inc announced plans on Tuesday to build a new data center in Fort Worth, Texas, its fourth in the United States and fifth overall.
- Research firm Gartner Inc said worldwide shipment of devices such as PCs, tablets and smartphones is expected to grow by 1.5 percent to 2.5 billion units this year, slower than the 2.8 percent it forecast earlier.
- China stock plunge accelerates as regulator warns of 'panic'
- Euro zone gives Greece until Sunday for debt deal |
- Turmoil in China markets roils Asia, yen rallies
- Oil prices fall as China share crisis worsens, traders hedge for further drops
- Greece and China expose limits of 'whatever it takes'
- Exclusive: JPMorgan to pay over $125 million to settle U.S. credit card debt probes
- Oil under $60 beyond 2016 suggests market rethinking shale
- AirAsia shares tumble on fears Indonesia affiliate could be grounded