WASHINGTON - The United States said on Thursday a cyber attack on Sony Pictures blamed on North Korea was a serious national security matter and the Obama administration was considering a proportional response. | Video
Recent Technology News
LONDON - The humble smartphone could throw a spanner in the works of the car sector's post-crisis turnaround, with the big manufacturers facing a long-term threat from apps that make it easier and cheaper to share or hire vehicles than to buy them.
- U.S. industrial conglomerate General Electric Co plans to release its first feature film through video streaming devices like Roku and Apple TV in a marketing effort that raises the bar for sponsored content.
WASHINGTON - New York state plans to soften proposed rules for virtual currencies such as bitcoin, its banking regulator said on Thursday, after receiving a round of public comments.
- Consulting and outsourcing company Accenture Plc raised its revenue forecast for fiscal 2015 after contract wins helped the company post better-than-expected first-quarter earnings and revenue.
LONDON/HELSINKI - Two of Europe's top three remaining telecommunications equipment companies, Nokia Networks and Alcatel-Lucent , have revived talks on a possible merger, Germany's Manager Magazin reported on Thursday, citing company sources.
- U.S. jobless claims signal firmer labor market; other data mixed
- Wall Street up more than 1 percent for second day; tech leads
- Oil resumes slide after brief rebound on short-covering
- Icahn offers $20 million to keep Atlantic City Trump casino open
- Ford expands Takata driver-side air bag recall in U.S.
- U.S. December auto sales seen up 10.4 percent: JD Power, LMC
- Goldman's Waldron promoted to co-head of investment banking
- Two Wells Fargo units to pay $1.5 million for anti-money laundering lapses: FINRA
- Mazda recalls 2,800 cars in Mexico to check Takata air bags
- Mercedes recalls 4,871 cars, SUVs in U.S. for possible oil leak