- Mt. Gox, once the world's largest bitcoin exchange, received U.S. bankruptcy protection on Monday to temporarily halt U.S. legal action against the Japanese company by traders who allege the operation was a fraud.
Recent Technology News
NEW YORK - T-Mobile US expects to engage in some form of cellular industry consolidation, the CFO of the United States' fourth-largest carrier said on Monday, boosting investor expectations that a merger with Sprint Corp could be on the horizon.
- International Business Machine Corp Chief Executive Virginia Rometty was paid $13.97 million in 2013, down from $16.2 million she took home in 2012, according to documents filed with the SEC on Monday.
NEW YORK - Private equity firm Warburg Pincus is looking to sell education software maker iParadigms and has tapped Evercore Partners Inc to assist with the effort, people familiar with the matter said on Monday.
PARIS - Shares in French low-cost telecoms company Iliad soared 15 percent on Monday after it announced industry-beating sales and profit growth and signed what could be a transformative mobile network deal with larger rival Bouygues.
TORONTO - New smartphone apps that link to hearing aids are helping people with impaired hearing to pump up the volume on their devices or to use them as headphones to stream phone calls, YouTube videos and music.
- S&P dips after record; China data, Boeing weigh |
- GM ignition-switch recall poses first big test for new CEO
- Evans says flatly: Fed will keep trimming bond purchases
- Fannie, Freddie could send $179.2 billion to taxpayers: White House
- Pizza chain Sbarro files for bankruptcy protection
- EU lawmakers to press Barnier on scope of bonus cap rule
- Boeing delays decision on 787-10 production site
- Swatch sues Target saying it copied watch designs