TORONTO - BlackBerry Ltd posted a surprise quarterly profit on Friday and said it is pushing to end a slide in its revenue in this fiscal year, sending the stock up as much as 5.1 percent.
Recent Technology News
- Amazon.com is in talks to buy online luxury retailer Net-a-porter in what could be the biggest acquisition yet for the e-commerce giant, but the negotiations are in early stages and could fall apart, Forbes reported, citing a person familiar with the matter.
(This March 26th story has been corrected to remove 'in the next two years' from headline and first paragraph)
PARIS - French auto parts maker Valeo plans to draw on drone software and other military technologies from partner Safran to offer self-driving vehicle platforms to carmakers by the end of the decade.
SEOUL - A $50 portable media player is providing many North Koreans a window to the outside world despite the government's efforts to keep its people isolated - a symbol of change in one of the world's most repressed societies. | Video
WILMINGTON, Del. - RadioShack Corp's rescue deal to keep 1,740 stores open was attacked on Thursday by the bankrupt retailer's top creditor, a failed bidder who called the auction a sham and sought a new sale.
- Fed's Yellen says rate hike may be warranted later this year
- U.S. economic growth slows in fourth quarter; corporate profits fall |
- Wall St. ends four-day skid on late tech rally
- Oil dives 5 percent as worries about Iran talks trump Yemen
- Neither Grexit, nor Grexident. Euro and 'drachma' in parallel?
- Lender says will make 'significant' new bid for RadioShack
- As 3G digests Kraft deal, rivals will focus on organic firms
- Goldman climbs to top commodity bank ranking over JP Morgan