SHANGHAI - Chinese e-commerce leader Alibaba Group Holding Ltd and state-owned China Telecom Corp Ltd have tied up to sell inexpensive smartphones aimed at boosting mobile commerce in smaller cities and rural areas.
Recent Technology News
SEOUL - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd teased the market with hints of a new version of its Gear smartwatch on Friday, the same day that rival Apple Inc's long-awaited wearable devices went on sale.
- Xerox Corp cut its full-year profit forecast, blaming a strong dollar, and the company reported lower-than-expected quarterly revenue as its printer sales fell and costs rose.
MELBOURNE - Apple Inc managed to frustrate gadget lovers and investors desperate to find out the components of its new smartwatch on Friday, encasing its chips in tough resin and using rare screws to thwart people trying prise it apart.
TOKYO - A group of former top Sony Corp executives has delivered an unusually blunt critique to the firm's chief executive Kazuo Hirai, accusing him of losing sight of innovation by focusing on cost-cutting.
- Volkswagen Chairman Piech resigns amid leadership crisis
- Deutsche faces tough task paring back retail, investment banking
- Germany hints at preparations of a Plan B on Greece
- Isolated in debt talks, Greek finance rebel gets the cold shoulder
- Comcast drops Time Warner Cable bid after antitrust pressure |
- UBS chairman says Greek default increasingly seen by IMF as controllable
- Greece's governors agree to lend cash to central government
- UBI CEO says foreign banks 'not queuing up' to buy in Italy
- From Woking to Wall Street: UK day traders dream of glory in daily grind
- Weak U.S. business spending data hints at sluggish growth rebound