TOKYO Sony Corp said on Wednesday sales of its PlayStation 4 video game console had exceeded 50 million units as of Dec 6 helped by strong demand during the year-end holiday season.
Recent Technology News
NEW YORK Two of Asia's biggest technology companies said they were looking to expand investment in the United States, as President-elect Donald Trump pushes to bring manufacturing and jobs back home. | Video
LONDON These days the average researcher at Philips is more likely to be a software developer than an product engineer, reflecting a transformation at the former Dutch conglomerate that its chief executive says will gather pace.
FRANKFURT Taiwan's Foxconn, the world's largest contract electronics manufacturer, could take over Austrian IT group S&T AG, S&T's chief executive told a German magazine.
TOKYO Japan's Sony Corp will release as many as six smartphone games in the next financial year, hoping that its own gaming franchises can replicate the success of console rival Nintendo Co's Pokemon GO.
Software maker Fidelity National Information Services Inc (FIS) is to sell its SunGard Public Sector and Education unit to Vista Equity Partners for $850 million to focus on making software for the financial industry.
- Wall Street flat as investors test post-election rally
- Exclusive: In mammoth task, BP sends almost three million barrels of U.S. oil to Asia
- Trump defends Boeing tweet, says companies shouldn't worry
- U.S. mortgage rates rise to highest levels in over two years: MBA
- OPEC, U.S. begin 'cat and mouse' oil game as producers pounce on hedges
- Starbucks sets five-year growth targets, to open 12,000 more stores
- EpiPen maker Mylan to restructure and cut its workforce
- BlackRock sees opportunity to grow as rates rise
- Oil eases on doubts OPEC output cut will end global glut
- Poll: U.S. bull market seen extending into 2017 but Trump a wild card