BEIJING Google's artificial intelligence program AlphaGo took on the Chinese world number one of ancient board game Go on Tuesday, the second time it has gone head-to-head with a master Go player in a public showdown.
Recent Technology News
TAIPEI China's embattled LeEco aims to cut its U.S. workforce to as few as 60 people from around 500 earlier this year, as the Netflix-to-Tesla-like group streamlines global operations to shake off a cash crunch, a person with knowledge of the plan said.
SHANGHAI China has published draft guidelines to regulate the booming bicycle-sharing industry whose firms have raised hundreds of millions in dollars in funding but have cluttered up sidewalks with bikes.
UNITED NATIONS United Nations experts investigating violations of sanctions on North Korea have suffered a "sustained" cyber attack by unknown hackers with "very detailed insight" into their work, according to an email warning seen by Reuters on Monday.
WASHINGTON The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday tightened rules for where patent lawsuits can be filed in a decision that may make it harder for so-called patent "trolls" to launch sometimes dodgy patent cases in friendly courts, a major irritant for high-tech giants like Apple and Alphabet Inc's Google.
KAMENZ, Germany Germany and its auto industry must invest heavily to ensure it is not left behind by the shift to electric cars, Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Monday as she laid a foundation stone for a new battery factory for Daimler unit Accumotive.
- Wavering risk appetite after Manchester blast weighs on sterling, Asia stocks, lifts yen
- Trump sees to slash government spending in budget plan
- U.S. plan to sell oil reserves undermines OPEC supply management efforts
- Ford names Hackett as CEO to tackle car rivals, Silicon Valley |
- Exclusive: U.S., Japanese firms collaborating on new missile defense radars - sources
- GM to cut 600 South Africa jobs by July as it pulls out of country
- Exclusive: North American carmakers want rules of origin in NAFTA left untouched - Mexico lobby
- Oil prices fall as White House proposes U.S. oil reserve sales