BRUSSELS - U.S. tech firm Disconnect has filed a complaint to EU antitrust regulators against Google's ban on its privacy app, accusing the Silicon Valley giant of abusing its dominant market position.
Recent Technology News
SEOUL - Sales of Samsung Electronics Co Ltd's flagship Galaxy S6 smartphones reached 6 million units at the end of April, less than a month after their launch, researcher Counterpoint said on Tuesday, suggesting a positive start.
SAN FRANCISCO - Former Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield and Byers partner Ellen Pao will appeal the result of a gender discrimination she brought against the powerful Silicon Valley venture capital firm, according to a court document filed on Monday.
- The global market for "Internet of Things", the concept of connecting household devices to the Internet, will nearly triple to $1.7 trillion by 2020, research firm International Data Corp said.
NEW YORK - Google Inc has asked a federal judge to require three major movie studios to comply with subpoenas it believes may help show they conspired with Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood as he investigated the Internet search company.
- Intel Corp agreed to buy Altera Corp for $16.7 billion as the world's biggest chipmaker seeks to make up for slowing demand from the PC industry by expanding its line-up of higher-margin chips used in data centers. | Video
- U.S. factory orders weak; robust auto sales a bright spot |
- Wall Street ends down; utilities fall as bond yields jump
- Takata says output of air bags with volatile chemical 'will go down rapidly'
- Fed's Brainard: global troubles weighing on U.S., may delay rate hike
- Greece's creditors draft deal to unlock aid, Athens resists
- Exclusive: Hedge funds to Macy's: Sell your real estate
- At JPMorgan, voicemail deemed obsolescent
- Goldman executives take victory lap in debate over business model
- Wal-Mart to raise wages for 100,000 U.S. workers in some departments
- U.S. expects commercial data-sharing deal with EU 'very soon'