- Time Warner Cable Inc is nearing an agreement to be acquired by smaller peer Charter Communications Inc for about $55 billion, combining the second and third largest U.S. cable operators, people familiar with the matter said on Monday.
Recent Technology News
- Canadian smartphone maker BlackBerry Ltd is cutting jobs across the world, the company said on Friday, as it consolidates its software, hardware and applications business.
- Microsoft Corp and Salesforce.com Inc held "significant talks" this spring but failed to agree on a price, CNBC reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
SAN FRANCISCO - The founder of virtual reality glasses maker Oculus VR Inc, acquired by Facebook Inc for $2 billion, has been accused of taking confidential information he learned while working with another company and passing it off as his own, according to a lawsuit filed this week.
SPRINGFIELD, Va. - Much about the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency remains classified, but the U.S. spy agency that maps and analyzes the earth is opening up more than ever, from sharing computer source code on a public website to tapping new sources of intelligence.
NECKARSULM, Germany - The contest for Nokia's maps business has become a three-way race between German carmakers, a consortium including Uber and Baidu, and a third group including China's Tencent and Navinfo, people familiar with the process said.
- Asian shares turn higher as China rallies, dollar up
- Fed's Fischer: Too much weight placed on Fed's first rate hike
- Regulation should be main tool against bubbles: Fed's Mester
- Oil prices steady but indications rally running out of steam
- Greece says wants to make debt payments but needs aid urgently
- Troubled Malaysia Airlines to be completely revamped: new CEO
- Pension adviser says Ernst & Young was aware of Wal-Mart Mexico bribery allegations
- China invites private investors to help build $318 billion of projects