CHICAGO - Facing a slump in the mail it had been delivering since the days of America's Revolutionary War, in 2012 the U.S. Postal Service began aggressively targeting e-commerce and lapsed customers as the way to salvage its declining business.
Recent Technology News
SEOUL - South Korea has indicted the chief executive officer and local subsidiary of Uber Technologies Inc for violating a law governing public transport, becoming the latest jurisdiction to challenge the U.S. taxi service provider.
TOKYO - Japan, fearing it could be a soft target for possible North Korean cyberattacks in the escalating row over the Sony Pictures hack, has begun working to ensure basic infrastructure is safe and to formulate its diplomatic response, officials said.
SEOUL - South Korea is seeking the cooperation of Chinese authorities in a probe into a cyberattack on its nuclear power plant operator after tracing multiple Internet addresses involved to a northeastern Chinese city near North Korea, a prosecution official said on Wednesday.
BEIJING - China's Huawei Technologies Co Ltd [HWT.UL] has taken sales of its low-price Honor brand of smartphones to 20 million from 1 million in just one year, hitting pay dirt with the disruptive online-only strategy it copied from smaller upstart Xiaomi Inc [XTC.UL].
BEIJING - China's Alibaba Group Holding Ltd, the world's largest e-commerce company, spent over 1 billion yuan ($160.7 million) combating fake goods and for improving customer protection from the beginning of 2013 to the end of November, the firm said Tuesday.
- U.S. retailers likely to just meet holiday sales forecasts: experts
- Russian ruble strengthens in thin trade
- Subaru scraps plan to shift Crosstrek production to U.S.: source
- U.S. jobless claims fall to seven-week low
- Oil slides, Brent tests $60 as data shows glut building
- Exclusive: U.S. minimum wage hikes to affect 1,400-plus Walmart stores |
- Wall St. ends flat in short session, Dow ekes out record close |
- Japan $29 billion stimulus seeks quick boost for regional economies: draft
- China offers fresh support for outbound investment