SAN FRANCISCO - A few days after selling WhatsApp to Facebook for $19 billion, Jan Koum stepped into a suite at the St. Regis Hotel in San Francisco to celebrate with old friends, including CEOs, reformed hackers and a few people who fell into both those camps.
Recent Technology News
CHICAGO - High-speed trader Infinium Capital Management, which has struggled financially, has stopped trading and is working to wind down the company, President Mark Palchak told Reuters on Thursday.
SAN FRANCISCO - Privacy advocates have asked U.S. regulators to halt Facebook Inc's $19 billion acquisition of messaging service WhatsApp until there is a clearer understanding of how the company intends to use the personal data of WhatsApp's 450 million users.
SAN FRANCISCO - A U.S. judge on Thursday rejected Apple's request for a permanent sales ban in the United States against some older Samsung smartphones, a key setback for the iPhone maker in its global patent battle.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's telecoms regulator said on Thursday it has decided who is dominant in telecommunications and broadcasting, a key ruling widely expected to impose tougher anti-trust measures on the local mobile and fixed line units of tycoon Carlos Slim's America Movil as well as broadcaster Televisa.
- Activist investor Carl Icahn told eBay Inc shareholders in a letter on Thursday he has "not yet begun to fight" to get the e-commerce company to spin off its PayPal payments unit.
- Gains in U.S. job growth expected, but weather may weigh
- Banks to return 11.4 billion euro of crisis loans to ECB next week
- Buoyant stocks await payrolls, ECB inaction spurs euro |
- Exclusive: Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- Cerberus Capital to buy Safeway for about $9.4 billion
- Detroit reaches $120 million loan deal with Barclays
- Four indicted in U.S. for fraud in Dewey & LeBoeuf collapse
- Fed should be patient, keep trimming U.S. stimulus: Lockhart
- Fed officials see high hurdle for changing course on QE taper