SEOUL - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd. on Thursday reported its worst quarterly profit in two years and flagged uncertain earnings prospects for its key handset business, fuelling worries about its ability to return to growth.
Recent Technology News
TOKYO - Japan's Sony Corp warned it doesn't now expect to make money on smartphones this year, citing weak demand, as the consumer electronics maker said restructuring will still help it turn a profit on its TVs after 10 years of losses. | Video
BEIJING - Xiaomi Inc, the three-year old company known as the Apple of China, has become the world's No.5 smartphone maker by market share while Samsung Electronics Co Ltd's lead has continued to shrink, a report by Strategy Analytics shows.
- Wall Street drops, S&P on track for worst day since April
- U.S. wage growth picking up as labor market tightens
- France's Iliad makes $15 billion bid to take control of T-Mobile U.S.
- Ackman takes blame after hyped Herbalife talk flopped
- Higher oil prices lift Exxon's profit as production sags
- Brazil's Embraer sees more U.S. orders next year: CEO
- Argentina defaults but investors see eventual deal possible |
- Weak demand for video services weighs on Time Warner Cable
- Target names outsider as CEO after data breach
- Soccer World Cup helps DirecTV net more subscribers