BEIJING - Google Inc's Gmail was blocked in China after months of disruptions to the world's biggest email service, with an anti-censorship advocate suggesting the Great Firewall was to blame.
Recent Technology News
SEOUL - North Korea called U.S. President Barack Obama a "monkey" and blamed Washington on Saturday for Internet outages it has experienced during a confrontation with the United States over the hacking of the film studio Sony Pictures. | Video
SEOUL - South Korea's nuclear power operator said on Sunday that cyberattacks on non-critical operations at the company's headquarters are continuing but the country's nuclear power plants are operating safely and are secure from attack.
BOSTON - Sony Corp worked for a third day on Saturday to restore services to its PlayStation network as the FBI said it was looking into the disruption, which began on Christmas Day.
SAN FRANCISCO - A previously undisclosed hacking campaign against military targets in Israel and Europe is probably backed by a country that misused security-testing software to cover its tracks and enhance its capability, researchers said.
- Microsoft Corp's Xbox Live was back up on Friday while Sony Corp's PlayStation Network remained offline for a second day after a hacker group claimed responsibility for attacking the two Internet gaming services. | Video
- Oil rises to $60 per barrel, Libya fire supports
- Stock futures point to lower open; indexes near records
- Subway investigates China media reports of doctored expiry dates
- Icahn acquires stake in Manitowoc, seeks splitup
- AirAsia has little margin for error in crisis over missing jet
- Credit Suisse vows to fight New York mortgage securities case
- Lion Capital sends letter to American Apparel urging it to explore options: source
- ECB's Weidmann says German 2015 growth may be better than expected
- China's trade growth seen falling short of target in 2014