TORONTO - BlackBerry Ltd posted better-than-expected quarterly earnings on Friday, offering signs its turnaround efforts may be beginning to gain traction, but a larger-than-expected drop in revenue gave investors cause for concern.
Recent Technology News
- Apple Inc Chief Executive Tim Cook is joining the roster of the very rich who are giving away their wealth.
- GameStop Corp's full-year profit forecast missed Wall Street expectations as the dollar strengthened and demand for new PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles failed to make up for falling sales of earlier versions.
SAN FRANCISCO - Virtual reality, artificial intelligence and drones will enable Facebook Inc to create a more lifelike and useful social network, the company said in its clearest explanation so far for technology projects that have puzzled some investors and analysts.
TOKYO - Just over three months after raising hundreds of millions of dollars in a stock market listing, Japanese mobile game developer Gumi Inc plans to cut 10 percent of its workforce and sell assets as part of a drive to bounce back from losses it expects this financial year.
- Futures tick lower as dollar gains ahead of Yellen
- European stocks head for biggest weekly fall of the year
- Oil falls more than $1 as Middle East supply fears ease
- Fed's Fischer: Nonbank financial sector less vulnerable than before crisis
- American Apparel ex-CEO Charney seeks $40 million in damages
- Andorra to create 'bad bank' to group BPA toxic assets
- China to let mutual funds buy Hong Kong shares via 'connector': regulator
- South Korea sees gains for its infrastructure firms from joining AIIB
- U.S. biotech stocks may fall further as short interest rises
- Mercedes to launch a pickup truck outside the United States