SAN FRANCISCO - Facebook Inc has acquired the maker of a mobile app that can track the distance consumers walk or run and measure the calories burned, giving the social networking company an entree into the nascent market for fitness and health monitoring technology.
Recent Technology News
- Fandango, a movie ticketing service owned by cable company Comcast Corp, is buying MovieClips from Zefr Inc to boost its film-related content.
NEW DELHI - Nokia said that due to an ongoing tax dispute its Indian mobile phone handset plant was unlikely to be included in a deal due to be concluded on Friday for the sale of its global handset business to Microsoft.
NEW YORK - Verizon Communications Inc's reluctance to offer mass discounts in a near-saturated mobile market is costing it new subscribers, analysts said on Thursday as the largest U.S. wireless carrier missed Wall Street's profit expectations.
NEW YORK - AOL is making a push into China with its digital video studio Makers, which struck a partnership on Thursday with that country's privately held Sun Media Group.
STOCKHOLM - Ericsson, the world's top mobile telecom equipment maker, said on Thursday it would split its key Network unit in two as communications technology relies more on software and the Internet.
- Strong durable goods orders buoy growth outlook
- Wall Street up on Apple, Caterpillar; Ukraine weighs
- GM posts lower profit after recall; core outlook on target
- Alstom shares jump on report of $13 billion GE bid
- Nasdaq not yet subpoenaed in N.Y. high frequency trading probe: CEO
- Time Warner Cable cuts video subscriber losses, adds Internet clients
- Money manager Vilar's gets new, longer 10-year prison term
- Apple's sales boom in communist Vietnam