FRANKFURT - German carmaker BMW said on Thursday its talks with technology giant Apple did not involve developing or building a car, denying a German magazine report.
Recent Technology News
LONDON - Fraudsters are slick and smooth when they request new bank accounts or credit cards -- a characteristic an Israeli company wants to use against them.
BARCELONA - Shazam, the company behind the mobile phone app that enables its 100 million users to recognize music they hear, and buy the recordings, is now promising to extend the app's scope to objects, such as products in retail outlets.
BRUSSELS - France and Luxembourg lost their battle to apply reduced VAT rates to ebooks on Thursday when a top European court agreed with EU regulators that only paper books qualified for lower taxes.
BEIJING - China's Huawei Technologies Co Ltd [HWT.UL] and Intel Corp are expanding an existing alliance to provide cloud computing to global telecoms carriers, as U.S. tech firms vie for Chinese tie-ups to retain access to a tough mainland market.
DETROIT - Self-driving cars could generate billions of dollars a year in revenue from mobile internet services and products, even if occupants spend only a fraction of their free time on the web, according to a new study by McKinsey & Company.
- U.S. factory orders fall for sixth straight month
- Wall St. flat after two-day drop; factory orders due
- U.S. jobless claims rise; fourth quarter productivity revised down
- AbbVie boosts cancer drug pipeline with $21 billion Pharmacyclics deal
- Costco's quarterly profit tops estimates on tax benefit
- ECB raises growth forecasts, to start printing money next week |
- Greece cannot rely on ECB to dodge funding crunch
- Citigroup's past losses may have helped it win Costco business
- Brent hovers under $61, WTI down as euro slips vs dollar
- China signals 'new normal' with higher spending, lower growth target |