Recent Technology News
STOCKHOLM - Fingerprint Cards is aiming to sell its identity technology to most of the world's biggest smartphone makers, which are likely to follow Apple in offering touch recognition for mobiles from next year.
BRASILIA - Brazil antitrust watchdog Cade ruled on Wednesday that Spain's Telefonica SA must exit its direct and indirect stake in wireless carrier TIM Participações SA or seek a new partner for its Vivo mobile phone unit.
WASHINGTON - The growing online usage of ads designed to blend in with the rest of a website's content, a practice known as "native advertising," may be illegal in some instances, the Federal Trade Commission warned on Wednesday.
MILAN/ROME - An activist shareholder campaign to reform Telecom Italia won traction on Wednesday as influential proxy adviser ISS recommended institutional investors back a proposal to remove the company board at a meeting on December 20.
SAN FRANCISCO - Google Inc has quietly acquired more than a half-dozen companies for a new robotics groups led by Andy Rubin, formerly in charge of Google's popular mobile software, according to a report in the New York Times on Wednesday.
- Dow, S&P 500 drop for fourth straight day; Fed a concern |
- Bank of America settles municipal bond rigging lawsuit
- South Korea mulls disciplinary action against Goldman Sachs' local unit: sources
- China Mobile signs deal with Apple to offer iPhone: WSJ
- Ex-aide says Madoff workers duped investor's account postmortem
- RBS, S&P sued by European investors for $250 million crisis losses
- Wall Street groups contest CFTC cross-border guidelines
- ECB under policy pressure from its own forecasts update
- Pentagon focused on weapons, data fusion as F-35 nears combat use