SAN FRANCISCO - Microsoft Corp said on Thursday it had disrupted the largest network of compromised personal computers, involving some 2 million machines around the world, since it stepped up its battle against organized online criminals three years ago.
Recent Technology News
BEIJING - The website of China's biggest Internet video company Youku Tudou Inc was once a haven for illicit Hollywood blockbusters and hit South Korean soap operas, until it realised piracy really doesn't pay.
NEW YORK - A trade association for the securities industry called on Thursday for revamping the system governing the hardware behind the trading halt in Nasdaq stocks in August, a move that would likely reduce the control the two leading U.S. stock exchange operators have over that hardware.
NEW YORK/BOSTON - JPMorgan Chase & Co is warning some 465,000 holders of prepaid cash cards issued by the bank that their personal information may have been accessed by hackers who attacked its network in July.
SAN FRANCISCO - Twitter Inc will begin showing ads to users based on their browsing history, it said on Thursday, becoming the latest Internet company to employ the controversial but increasingly widespread tracking technology.
PARIS - Telecom gear maker Alcatel-Lucent will rejoin France's blue-chip CAC 40 index, replacing STMicroelectronics, market operator NYSE Euronext said on Thursday.
- Asia shares waver, bond yields climb into US data
- Solid U.S. job gains expected in November, Fed seen on hold
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- U.S. judge weighs penalties after Bank of America fraud verdict
- Deutsche Bank quits commodities, but keeps index funds
- J.C. Penney gets SEC inquiry regarding its financial position
- Southwest, Virgin win waiver to purchase LaGuardia slots
- LA sues Citi, Wells Fargo over discriminatory mortgage lending
- WTO close to elusive world trade deal, say officials
- U.S. lawmaker urges continuation of Boeing F/A-18 fighter line