- Standard & Poor's on Wednesday said Facebook Inc will join its S&P 500 stock index after the close of trading on December 20, cementing the social media network's rise into one of the biggest, most powerful U.S. companies.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - Yahoo Inc's email service has been unavailable to some users since Monday night due to a "hardware problem" that the Internet company said has been harder to fix than it expected.
SAN FRANCISCO - Microsoft Corp has sold more than 2 million Xbox One video game consoles since its November 22 launch, catching up with rival Sony Corp's PlayStation 4 released a week earlier.
NEW YORK - Private equity firms Hellman & Friedman LLC and JMI Equity are exploring a sale of human resources management software firm Kronos Inc, which could be valued at more than $4 billion, people familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.
SAN FRANCISCO - Snapchat, the mobile photo-sharing service beloved by teenagers and twenty-somethings, has raised another $50 million, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing made Wednesday.
NEW YORK - Online music-streaming service Spotify on Wednesday launched a free music service for smart phones and tablets as it tries to hook a fast-growing group of users keen to stream tunes on their mobile devices.
- Fed taper anxiety triggers profit taking on Wall St.
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea
- Exclusive: As Fed looms, Morgan Stanley sets sale of U.S. oil terminal business
- Centerbridge Partners offers to buy LightSquared for $3.3 billion: WSJ
- Hilton Worldwide raises over $2.3 billion in biggest-ever hotel IPO
- Israel's Fischer picked to be next Fed vice chair: source
- Analysis: With heavy lifting done, GM's focus turns to cars, fixing Europe
- JPMorgan's Dimon upbeat about budget deal, economy
- Exclusive: Peugeot board approves outline Dongfeng deal - source