- Defunct bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox has given up plans to rebuild under bankruptcy protection and has asked a Tokyo court to allow it to be liquidated, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the situation.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - Yahoo Inc again posted anemic quarterly revenue growth as the Internet company's advertising business continues to lag its rivals, nearly two years into Chief Executive Officer Marissa Mayer's comeback effort.
NEW YORK - Reddit, a website with a retro-'90s look and space-alien mascot that tracks everything from online news to celebrity Q&As, is going after more eyeballs, and advertising, by allowing members of its passionate community to post their own news more quickly and easily.
SAN FRANCISCO - Intel Corp's first-quarter net profit exceeded Wall Street's estimates as the chipmaker wrestles with slow demand for personal computers and its chief executive officer said an ambitious goal to stake out market share in tablets was on track.
SHANGHAI - Baidu Inc, China's leading internet search provider, has launched a mobile payment and wealth management platform after its main domestic rivals launched similar products.
- The final defendants in what the U.S. government called its first prosecution of a counterfeit apps case have pleaded guilty over their roles in alleged schemes to traffic in pirated Android mobile device applications.
- China economic growth slows to 18-month low in first-quarter |
- Global shares up on China relief, Ukraine strains remain |
- Euro zone inflation stuck in 'danger zone', keeps pressure on ECB
- EU regulators to probe extra state aid given to two Latvian banks
- Fed should beef up low-rate vows, two officials say
- Bonds shine again as Great Rotation gives way to Asset Reflation
- Japanese Internet firms offer something new: high returns
- BOJ's Kuroda maintains positive view on economy