BEIJING - China's Huawei Technologies Co Ltd [HWT.UL] and Intel Corp are expanding an existing alliance to provide cloud computing to global telecoms carriers, as U.S. tech firms vie for Chinese tie-ups to retain access to a tough mainland market.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - Instagram will let brand marketers showcase more images on its photo-sharing smartphone app, the Facebook-owned service’s latest move to expand its money-making advertising features.
- Avago Technologies Ltd held advanced talks last month to acquire Freescale Semiconductor Ltd, and is still looking for an acquisition that could be transformative, according to four people familiar with the situation.
WASHINGTON - Apple Inc told a U.S. appeals court on Wednesday that rival Samsung Electronics Co Ltd should be barred from selling products that infringe on its smartphone patents, but the judges were skeptical.
WASHINGTON - U.S. Federal Communications Commission staff on Wednesday recommended that the agency drop Neustar Inc in favor of Ericsson AB subsidiary Telcordia Technologies as a contractor that helps telephone carriers route calls and text messages.
- Etsy Inc, which operates a website that sells handmade goods and craft supplies, filed with U.S. regulators on Wednesday for an initial public offering of common stock.
- AbbVie to buy cancer drug maker Pharmacyclics in $21 billion deal
- Asia stocks slip, euro hits 11-year low before ECB
- China signals 'new normal' with lower annual growth target
- Brent sticks above $60; Iran news offsets bearish U.S. stockpiles data
- U.S. service sector activity ticks up in February
- Banks brace for Fed capital buffers inspection
- U.S. private sector adds jobs in February, but growth slows: ADP |
- Fed's Evans wants no rate hikes until early 2016
- Target to cut thousands of jobs as seeks to cut costs by $2 billion