Recent Technology News
TOKYO - Japanese consumer electronics firm Sony Corp has raised its operating profit estimate for fiscal 2015 to 300 billion yen ($2.52 billion), or four times its previous estimate, the Nikkei reported on Saturday.
BRUSSELS/BERLIN - The European Union's decision to take on Google last week stems from official complaints by 19 companies in Europe and the United States, including Microsoft and a number of small firms, people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
- BlackBerry Ltd is considering closing its offices in Sweden, a move that would result in the loss of up to 100 jobs, a company spokesperson told Reuters.
SEOUL - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd teased the market with hints of a new version of its Gear smartwatch on Friday, the same day that rival Apple Inc's long-awaited wearable devices went on sale.
- Asian shares inch up; focus on central banks, Greece
- Deutsche Bank first-quarter profit falls by half as legal charges bite
- More central banks meet, but ability to pilot economies in doubt
- SEC's stock market reform club locks out retail brokers
- German Chancellor, Greek PM agree to stay in touch to reach debt deal
- Deutsche Bank sees 3.7 billion euros in restructuring costs
- VW board members demanded Piech go after learning of secret plot
- HSBC considering spinning off British retail bank: Sunday Times
- China plans to cut number of big state firms to 40: state media