SAN FRANCISCO Alphabet Inc's Waymo autonomous vehicle group will begin testing a self-driving car program for hundreds of families in Phoenix, Arizona and is buying 500 Chrysler minivans to do so, the companies said on Tuesday.
Recent Technology News
BEIJING/SHANGHAI China is targeting 35 million vehicle sales by 2025 and wants new energy vehicles (NEVs) to make up at least one-fifth of that total, the industry ministry said on Tuesday.
TOKYO Japan's Toshiba Corp will start taking bids for Landis+Gyr, its Swiss smart meter unit, as early as June, Kyodo news agency reported on Tuesday.
STOCKHOLM/LONDON Mobile telecom equipment maker Ericsson plunged to a quarterly operating loss on Tuesday, hit by shrinking markets and restructuring costs.
PARIS French media giant Vivendi will accelerate acquisitions in video games and advertising this year to allay investor concerns about its strategy, mixed results and poor share performance, two sources close to the matter told Reuters.
STOCKHOLM/OSLO The European Commission is investigating whether mobile network operators in Sweden have abused their market position or engaged in anti-competitive practices to block competitors from entering the market, it said on Tuesday.
- Futures rise on Trump tax talk; earnings in focus
- Post-it maker 3M's quarterly profit rises 3.8 percent
- Not an inside job: How two analysts became SEC whistleblowers
- Coca-Cola's profit misses as refranchising costs weigh
- For Wells Fargo directors, narrow wins may not be enough
- Lockheed Martin's quarterly revenue up 6.6 percent
- Eli Lilly's profit beats on demand for newer drugs
- Exclusive: Boeing near decision to launch 737-10 jet - sources
- Gazprom CEO sees share of EU gas market rising despite LNG rivals
- Investors take another look at opinion polls after French vote