JERUSALEM - Google-owned online mapping company Waze is launching a carpooling pilot program in Israel where commuters pay fellow drivers a small fee for a ride to and from work.
Recent Technology News
LONDON - British retailer Marks & Spencer is expanding its free "click & collect" service to more than 100 of its Simply Food franchise stores, just days after rival John Lewis [JLP.UL] said it planned to start charging customers.
- The Twitterverse lit up with references to the 1941 Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor after the 5-2 U.S. victory over Japan in the Women's World Cup championship match but other Twitter users called those comments offensive.
North Carolina State University researchers have developed new technology designed to improve communication between dogs and humans. | Video
SEOUL - Doubts over the sales prospects of Samsung Electronics Co Ltd's new flagship smartphones are damping expectations of a rapid turnaround for the South Korean giant, even though profit likely continues to recover from last year's troughs.
FRANKFURT - Italy's Hacking Team, which makes surveillance software used by governments to police the web, appeared to be the victim of hacking on a grand scale itself on Monday.
- Services sector activity growth slows in June: Markit
- Greek finance minister quits to smooth talks after thunderous 'No' |
- Wall St. off session lows as Greece aid deal optimism grows
- Teva plans to raise Mylan bid by as much as $2 billion: Bloomberg
- Airbus leads Boeing on first-half orders, behind on deliveries
- Philip Morris to cut stake in Indonesian unit, could raise over $1 billion
- American Apparel to cut costs, warns may need more funds
- Aetna CEO addresses antitrust concerns over Humana deal |
- More strikes loom at Lufthansa after talks with pilots fail
- Oil tumbles 6 percent after Greek 'No' vote, ahead of Iran deadline