WASHINGTON Apple Inc is wading in to the debate over regulation of self-driving cars, declaring it is excited about the potential for automated transportation and calling on U.S. regulators not to restrict testing of such vehicles.
Recent Technology News
FRANKFURT/WASHINGTON President Barack Obama blocked a Chinese investment fund from acquiring the U.S. business of German semiconductor equipment maker Aixtron because the deal posed a risk to American national security, the Treasury Department said on Friday.
MOSCOW Hackers stole more than 2 billion rubles ($31 million) from correspondent accounts at the Russian central bank, the bank said on Friday, the latest example of an escalation of cyber attacks on financial institutions around the globe.
WASHINGTON Online credit companies and paperless lenders would be able to get federal charters to do business nationwide under a plan outlined on Friday by a U.S. banking regulator.
Satellite radio company Sirius XM Holdings Inc's Chairman Greg Maffei recently made a fresh approach to internet radio provider Pandora Media Inc and expressed interest about a potential takeover, according to a source familiar with the matter.
Ixia, a U.S. provider of equipment and applications that help maintain computer networks, is exploring a potential sale, people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
- Fed official stands by Wall Street reforms, says must complete work
- Small banks rally pauses but may not be over yet
- No price like home: Big spenders reappear in China
- Novartis CEO plays down prospects for Actelion bid: Blick
- Greece sees final solution on debt crisis amid euro uncertainty
- Aixtron, Fujian to explore what is left of deal after U.S. veto
- Trump's dilemma: slower job growth or rising rates and inflation?
- U.S. jobless rate falls to nine-year low, payrolls rise |
- Deutsche Bank cuts ties with 3,400 clients in trading business