Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO Uber has agreed to pay $28.5 million to settle litigation brought by customers who alleged the ride hailing service misrepresented the quality of its safety practices and the fees it charged passengers, the company said on Thursday.
Indonesia has long been the Twitter capital of the world, but rival apps and rancorous political debate are driving users away, illustrating the challenges the microblogging service faces even in markets once considered strongholds.
FireEye Inc forecast a bigger-than-expected loss for the first quarter and said it expected growth in cyber security spending to slow this year.
SAN FRANCISCO Software company Zenefits is being investigated by the California Department of Insurance over questions about its business practices, the agency said Thursday.
SAN FRANCISCO A proposed settlement between Lyft and its drivers came under close scrutiny from the U.S. judge overseeing it on Thursday, an indication that the agreement that maintains drivers as independent contractors is still in play.
- Asian shares slide as bank fears add to global gloom
- What's behind the global stock market selloff?
- AIG strikes deal with Icahn, avoids proxy fight
- JPMorgan's Dimon buys more than $25 million of company stock
- Fed's Yellen sticks to her guns as global market rout worsens
- Senate panel to hear from U.S. antitrust bosses
- CBS profit meets Wall Street targets but shares slip