TOKYO - Sony Corp posted a smaller than expected second-quarter operating loss on Friday, hailed by its finance chief as proof that the Japanese group's restructuring program is paying off.
Recent Technology News
MUNICH/LONDON - Siemens is likely to pick EQT [EQT.UL] next week to buy its hearing aids unit for about 2 billion euros ($2.5 billion), two sources familiar with the matter said.
TOKYO - Panasonic Corp raised its full-year operating profit outlook by 13 percent and returned to a net cash positive position for the first time in five years after a drastic restructuring chopped unprofitable product lines in smartphones, plasma TVs and semiconductor chips.
- S&P 500 to test record high after BOJ ramps up stimulus
- U.S. consumer spending falters; wage gains highest since 2008
- Exxon third-quarter profit rises 3 percent on refining
- Chevron profit jumps as refining offsets production dip
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows
- Wal-Mart to expand discounts as retail price war heats up
- Argentina default spreads to Par bonds, raising acceleration risk
- Italy says private capital will meet Monte Paschi, Carige needs
- Trial of former UBS executive dredges up Swiss banks' shady past
- U.S. third-quarter wage gains largest since 2008