SAN FRANCISCO/LONDON Half a million people have signed an online petition in under 24 hours backing Uber's bid to stay on roads of London, showing the company is turning to its tried-and-tested tactic of asking customers for help when it locks horns with regulators.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO/SYDNEY/TOKYO Apple Inc's launch of the iPhone 8 kicked off with less fanfare on Friday than new models in previous years in the United States, Asia, Australia and Britain, as fans held out for the premium iPhone X, due out in early November. | Video
TAIPEI/SINGAPORE When HTC Corp brought back founder Cher Wang two years ago to turn around the struggling Taiwanese mobile phone maker, investors hoped she could stem a sharp loss in market share to Apple and Samsung Electronics.
NEW YORK Nielsen Holdings Plc filed a lawsuit on Friday to stop comScore Inc from using its technology to launch a competing service for measuring television audiences.
Wal-Mart Stores Inc is testing a service to stock groceries directly to customers' refrigerators as it seeks to take on e-commerce giant Amazon.com. | Video
LONDON Germany's Volkswagen is moving to secure long-term supplies of cobalt, a vital component of rechargeable batteries, as the group accelerates its ambitious shift to electric cars.
- Shorting volatility: Rising risks mean itchier trigger fingers
- Fed officials in muddle over permanent vs temporary inflation lull
- Take Five: World markets themes for the week ahead
- Wells Fargo hires new law firm to prepare CEO for Senate appearance
- Native American tribe moves to dismiss Allergan patent case
- E.ON CFO defends plan to sell Uniper stake to Fortum: BoeZ