SINGAPORE - Criminals may already have made off with up to $500 million worth of bitcoins since the virtual currency launched in 2009 - and you can double that if it turns out they emptied Mt. Gox.
Recent Technology News
TOKYO - Partners Toshiba Corp of Japan and SanDisk Corp of the United States separately filed civil lawsuits against South Korea's SK Hynix Inc, seeking damages over the suspected theft of data related to their flagship flash memory chip technology used in smartphones and tablet computers.
BOSTON/WASHINGTON - Target Corp's security software detected potentially malicious activity during last year's massive data breach, but its staff decided not to take immediate action, the No. 3. U.S. retailer said on Thursday.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's government may send to the Senate as soon as Friday so-called secondary laws that lay out the fine print of a reform aimed at boosting competition in the telecommunications sector, a top lawmaker said on Thursday.
- Amazon.com Inc plans to hike the annual fee for its popular Prime service by 25 percent to $99 starting next week, a move announced on Thursday that risks losing customers for a feature that has helped drive its business. | Video
NEW YORK - European buyout firm Charterhouse Capital Partners LLP is nearing a deal to acquire education software provider Skillsoft Ltd for more than $2 billion, people familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
- Wall Street opens flat on Ukraine jitters
- U.S. producer prices fall; little sign of price pressures for Fed
- U.S. consumer sentiment edges lower in March
- Vodafone close to deal to buy Spain's Ono: sources
- Barclays reviews investment bank, more cuts expected
- Starbucks gives up exclusive license to high-end Keurig pods
- Vivendi to enter exclusive talks with Numericable on SFR
- Draghi holds course in face of deflation threat
- VW's Skoda to produce new model at one of its Czech plant