- Hackers who stole the personal data of about 4.5 million patients of hospital group Community Health Systems Inc broke into the company's computer system by exploiting the "Heartbleed" internet bug, making it the first known large-scale cyber attack using the flaw, according to a security expert.
Recent Technology News
WASHINGTON - Sprint Corp's cellular plan with more generous data allowances may fall short in overcoming defections by clients concerned about disruptions in the No. 3 cellular carrier's network, analysts say.
- The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation is investigating a report by a U.S. cybersecurity firm that it uncovered some 1.2 billion Internet logins and passwords amassed by a Russian crime ring, the largest known collection of such stolen data.
- Canada's Couche-Tard makes short-list in $16 billion Sinopec unit sale: sources
- Asian stocks steady on robust U.S. data, dollar extends gains
- Argentina aims to skirt U.S. court, bring debt under national law
- Exclusive: Amid investor pressure, PetSmart says to explore sale
- Trading probes on Brazil's Batista due in 2015: regulator
- NHTSA unveils new recall search tool
- More Bombardier executive reshuffling as CSeries still grounded
- Top policymaker could be tapped to lead Malaysia Airlines: report
- China fines 12 Japanese firms $201 million for price-fixing
- Japan export rebound offers hope for economic growth