HELSINKI Apple has settled a patent dispute with Finnish telecom equipment maker Nokia and agreed to buy more of its network products and services, sending Nokia shares up 7 percent. | Video
Recent Technology News
BRUSSELS European Union ministers approved proposals on Tuesday to make social media companies such as Facebook, Twitter and Google's YouTube tackle videos with hate speech on their platforms. The proposals, which would be the first legislation at EU level on the issue, still need to be agreed with the European Parliament before becoming law. But EU lawmakers have similarly pushed for social media companies to do more to tackle hateful content on their platforms.
BERLIN Online food takeaway firm Delivery Hero is set to float before the summer break in a deal valuing one of Europe's biggest start-ups at up to 4 billion euros ($4.5 billion), people close to the matter said on Tuesday.
NEW DELHI India has offered to allow Apple Inc to import mobile handset components intended for use in local manufacturing tax free, a top government official said on Tuesday.
NEW YORK Fidelity Investments will allow its clients to see their holdings of bitcoin and other virtual currencies held on digital asset exchange Coinbase on the company's website, said Chief Executive Abigail Johnson on Tuesday.
MUMBAI Indian digital payments firm Paytm, which is backed by Asian technology giants SoftBank Corp and Alibaba Group Holding, launched a niche bank on Tuesday, part of a plan to more than double its customer base to 500 million in the next three years.
- Trump seeks to slash $3.6 trillion of spending in austere budget |
- Wall Street edges higher as investors assess Trump's budget
- Housing recovery intact despite drop in new home sales
- U.S. government sues Fiat Chrysler over excess emissions
- Westinghouse reaches deal for $800 million U.S. bankruptcy loan
- U.S. plan to sell oil reserve shows declining import needs
- OPEC set to prolong oil output cuts by nine months
- CEOs of Target, ADM offer differing views on U.S. border tax at hearing