TORONTO - The chief executive of infidelity website Ashley Madison's parent company Avid Life Media has left, just over a week after hackers leaked data about millions of its clients in a massive cyber assault. | Video
Recent Technology News
, Brussels - - The European Commission will launch a study in September of the ride-hailing app Uber in an effort to settle legal disputes that have pitched the U.S. start-up against conventional taxis across Europe, three people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
TORONTO - The owner of adultery website Ashley Madison had already been struggling to sell itself or raise funds for at least three years before the publication of details about its members, according to internal documents and emails also released by hackers as part of their assault on the company in recent weeks.
BERLIN - Facebook will have to abide by German laws banning racist sentiment even if it might be allowed in the United States under freedom of speech, Justice Minister Heiko Maas said in an interview with Reuters.
LONDON/BOSTON - Investors are being poorly served by a haphazard approach from fund managers to the growing threat of cyber crime damaging the companies in which they invest, with a lack of clarity from the businesses themselves compounding the problem.
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. - U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter awarded $75 million on Friday to help a consortium of high-tech firms and researchers develop electronic systems packed with sensors flexible enough to be worn by soldiers or molded onto the skin of a plane.
- Focus turns to U.S. data as China slowdown looms
- IMF's Lagarde says restructuring should suffice for Greek debt
- Fed says rate hike next month hinges on market volatility
- Unions set sights on e-commerce and manufacturing firms after NLRB ruling
- Myanmar sets $2.80 daily minimum wage in bid to boost investment
- Exclusive: Carlyle looks to sell Landmark Aviation for $1.7 billion
- FedEx pilot union's executive council votes in favor of labor contract