KUALA LUMPUR - A group calling itself "Official Cyber Caliphate" said it hacked on Monday the official website of national carrier Malaysia Airlines (MAS), but the airline said its data servers remained intact and passenger bookings were not affected. | Video
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - Cablevision System Corp said on Monday it would launch in February a wireless Internet phone service to give users an alternative to pricier data plans from cellular companies such as AT&T and Verizon.
FRANKFURT - Europe's biggest software group SAP could eventually see its software delivered via the cloud deliver higher profit margins than its traditional packaged software, its finance chief told a newspaper.
- Shares of online data storage provider Box Inc rose as much as 77 percent in their market debut as investors bet on the company's ability to turn profitable in a highly competitive market, boding well for another big year for IPOs. | Video
TOKYO - Sony Corp said it was delaying the official submission of its third-quarter results due to the massive cyberattack on Sony Pictures Entertainment, which debilitated network systems at the Hollywood studio.
MADRID/HONG KONG - Li Ka-shing's Hutchison Whampoa Ltd has agreed to buy Telefonica's British mobile unit O2 for up to 10.25 billion pounds ($15.4 billion), hastening the consolidation of Britain's telecoms industry.
- Wall Street opens flat after Greek elections
- Oil prices turn positive as OPEC sec gen calls bottom to market
- Obama announces $4 billion in India investment and lending deals
- NY insider trading ruling tests prosecutors beyond Wall Street
- Packaging companies Rock-Tenn, MeadWestvaco to merge
- U.S. Treasury's Lew affirms strong dollar policy
- Reinsurers Axis Capital, PartnerRe to merge in $11 billion deal
- How Draghi got divided ECB to say 'yes' to money-printing
- Post Holdings to buy cereal maker MOM Brands for about $1.15 billion