- Amazon.com Inc told customers on Thursday that the annual membership fee for its Prime shipping and media streaming service would go up to $99 from $79 next week, the first time it has increased the price since the service began in 2005.
Recent Technology News
TEL AVIV - Israel-based Wix.com, whose technology helps small businesses build and operate websites, has acquired Appixia, a platform for building mobile commerce applications, as part of its mobile expansion strategy.
LONDON - Four of the biggest U.S. technology groups collectively hold an estimated $124 billion in U.S. Treasury debt, much of it offshore, earning them tax-free interest, the UK's Bureau of Investigative Journalism (BIJ) said on Thursday.
HONG KONG - Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding is "95 percent certain" to choose New York as the venue for its initial public offering, the Financial Times reported on Thursday, citing unnamed sources close to the deal.
- Readers of some of the top U.S. news sites are more engaged when they go directly to the website rather than through Facebook, according to a study from the Pew Research Center released on Monday.
SAN FRANCISCO - While U.S. law enforcement agencies have long tried to stamp out networks of compromised computers used by cyber criminals, the National Security Agency has been hijacking the so-called botnets as a resource for spying.
- U.S. retail sales rebound from winter chill, jobless claims fall
- Wall St. turns lower as China, Ukraine worries offset data
- U.S. probes timing of GM reporting ignition problem: Secretary Foxx
- U.S. business inventories up, sales post largest drop in 10 months
- Exclusive: Carrefour seeks Brazil private stake sale, Diniz eyes deal
- Fed nominee Fischer says current policy is 'approximately appropriate'
- More firms weigh IPOs as biotech fever reaches Europe
- Bouygues, Numericable raise bids in French telco fight
- Chrysler recalls 49,400 Charger cars for headlight issue