SAN FRANCISCO Cisco Systems Inc , the world’s largest networking gear manufacturer, is nearing a deal to buy U.S. telecommunications software firm BroadSoft Inc for close to $2 billion, a person familiar with the matter said on Sunday.
Recent Technology News
The U.S government issued a rare public warning that sophisticated hackers are targeting energy and industrial firms, the latest sign that cyber attacks present an increasing threat to the power industry and other public infrastructure.
SHANGHAI After years of dismantling discarded televisions and laptops, a Shanghai recycling plant is readying itself for a new wave of waste: piles of exhausted batteries from the surge of electric vehicles hitting China's streets.
SINGAPORE/BANGKOK When diaper maker DSG International (Thailand) wants to know what its customers are thinking, it often turns to Lazada, an e-commerce firm majority-owned by Alibaba Group Holding .
NEW YORK Bitcoin surged to a record high of more than $6,000 on Friday, pushing its market capitalization to $100 billion at one point, as investors continued to bet on an asset that has a limited supply and has paved the way for a whole slew of crypto-currencies.
NEW YORK A Japanese software company is suing Apple Inc in a U.S. court over the trademark for the term "animoji", alleging the U.S. technology company stole the name to use on a feature of its iPhone X.
- Japan shares at two-decade top, yen near three-month low as Abe wins
- Airbus turmoil overshadows bid to rescue CSeries
- U.S. Midwest oil refiners boost output, cut region's dependence on Gulf Coast
- Fidelity chairman deals with fallout from sexual harassment claims
- Big money stays away from booming bitcoin
- Boeing, Mitsubishi Heavy in deal to cut costs of 787 wing production
- Target gears up for holidays with free shipping and gifts under $15
- Noble Group to sell oil liquids unit to Vitol, flags $1.2 billion loss