Recent Technology News
New York, NEW YORK - Scientists at Columbia University in New York have successfully built a camera that is capable of producing images using power harvested from the surrounding incident light. | Video
BRUSSELS - Internet platforms such as Google, Microsoft and Yahoo! will be the subject of a widespread inquiry by European regulators to determine whether they are transparent enough in how they display search results.
NEW YORK - U.S. regulators on Friday voted to open a swath of government-controlled airwaves for commercial use by tech and telecom companies such as Verizon Communications Inc and Google Inc as they seek to meet growing data demands from new wireless devices.
- Apple Inc is planning to launch its electronic payments service in Canada in November, the first international expansion of Apple Pay, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
BEIJING - Alibaba Group Holding Ltd deepened its push into the automotive business on Friday, saying it had struck a partnership with Shanghai General Motors (GM) to offer online sales and financing for GM cars.
- Investors look to earnings for market direction
- Oil falls from 2015 peaks, Brent jumps 9.6 percent on the week
- Exclusive: Greece scrapes bottom of barrel in hunt for cash to stay afloat
- G20 more upbeat on growth, but officials fret over Greece |
- Grilled: Lexus seeks design edge over premium rivals
- Wall Street falls steeply with China, Greece fears paramount |
- GM counting on high-speed Internet services in car to drive profits
- Wal-Mart shuffles U.S. store management to improve sales
- Ford to spend $2.5 billion on plants in Mexico, angering UAW
- Justice Dept. staff may oppose Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal: Bloomberg