The Supreme Court on Tuesday sided with Samsung in its big-money smartphone patent fight with Apple, throwing out an appeals court ruling that said the South Korean company had to pay a $399 million penalty to its American rival for copying key iPhone designs.
Recent Technology News
SEOUL A South Korean start-up company has developed a thumb joystick that allows users to fly a drone with one hand, replacing the traditional two-handed joystick. | Video
IT services provider Roper Technologies Inc said it would buy business software company Deltek [THBVOK.UL] from private equity firm Thoma Bravo in a cash deal valued at $2.8 billion.
GoDaddy Inc , a U.S.-based website domain name provider, said on Tuesday it would buy peer Host Europe Group (HEG) for 1.69 billion euros ($1.82 billion), including debt, as it seeks to expand beyond the initial set-up of websites.
BEIJING Alipay said Tuesday it has partnered with four more financial services providers in Europe, as it looks to tap into Chinese consumers traveling abroad, in a move that could help China's top online payments platform expand its global footprint nearly tenfold.
Private equity firm KKR & Co said on Tuesday it would acquire a majority stake in cybersecurity company Optiv Security Inc, which is majority owned by Blackstone Group LP .
- Wall Street flat as telecom gains fail to counter oil drop
- U.S. trade gap widens as exports of soybeans, other goods fall
- Microsoft gains EU approval for $26 billion buy of LinkedIn
- Oil falls on production cut skepticism, OPEC and Russia output rise
- Lego replaces long-time CEO with first foreign boss in organizational shake-up
- Wells Fargo expects short term profit hit from interest rates rise: CEO
- JPMorgan CEO says bank may look to pay special dividend
- Exclusive: Italy treasury considers hiking Monte Paschi stake via debt swap - sources