- Yahoo Inc reported first-quarter revenue below analysts' estimates as the veteran internet company struggles to rev up its core online advertising business.
Recent Technology News
- Wireless chip maker Broadcom Inc reported higher-than-expected quarterly revenue and profit, helped by strong sales of its WiFi and broadband chips to handset makers such as Apple Inc and Samsung Electronics Co Ltd.
PARIS/HELSINKI/STOCKHOLM - Nokia's acquisition of smaller rival Alcatel-Lucent may avoid the pitfalls that befell earlier telecom network equipment marriages, thanks to a revolution over the past decade in how products are launched and developed.
TORONTO - BlackBerry Ltd said on Tuesday it is acquiring privately-held U.S. tech company WatchDox, which makes software that secures files for clients ranging from private equity firms to Hollywood studios, in a bid to boost its security offerings.
NEW YORK - The European Union's antitrust probe into Google sparked a big rally in Russian search engine Yandex NV last week, even though the "Russian Google" still faces significant challenges, competitive and otherwise.
- Verizon Communications Inc's quarterly profit beat analysts' expectations, helped by higher net addition of postpaid subscribers as users added more devices to data plans. | Video
- Earnings cloud drags down Dow; Nasdaq gains on biotech M&A
- Yum's China restaurant sales drop less than expected
- U.K. speed trader arrested over role in 2010 'flash crash'
- Generic drugmaker Teva makes $40 billion offer for rival Mylan |
- Wary of brinkmanship, euro zone steers away from new deadlines for Greece, official says
- U.S., UK aim for Deutsche Bank Libor settlement on Thursday: sources
- Banks' first-quarter trading revenue prompts cautious optimism
- Ferrero facing no succession problem, not interested in selling
- U.S. regulator wants better deposit data from big banks