- Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc has reached a settlement agreement with nine former employees who had filed a lawsuit claiming that their personal data was stolen in a 2014 hacking tied to the studio's release of a comedy film set in North Korea, "The Interview."
Recent Technology News
BERLIN - China's Huawei Technologies [HWT.UL] unveiled a new smartphone on Wednesday, taking aim at the high end of the market, which is dominated by Apple and Samsung Electronics.
- Amazon.com Inc said its 'Dash' button, which allows customers to place orders instantly, will now be effectively free.
BRASILIA - Brazil's President Dilma Rousseff criticized ride-sharing software Uber on Wednesday for increasing unemployment, adding to a chorus of labor concerns about the world's most valuable venture-backed start-up.
WASHINGTON - German carmakers BMW, Audi and Mercedes have won U.S. antitrust approval to buy Nokia's maps business for around 2.5 billion euros ($2.8 billion), the Federal Trade Commission said on Wednesday.
- Microblogging website operator Twitter Inc said it had expanded its self-service ads platform to more than 200 countries and territories from 33 countries.
- Risk assets rebound but high volatility persists
- Japan Aug PMI survey shows services expand at fastest pace in almost two years
- Bill Gross: Fed tightening now could create self-inflicted instability |
- Toshiba to post annual net loss of about 10 billion yen: Yomiuri
- Tight U.S. labor markets fuel wage gains; China impact looms: Fed
- U.S. private payrolls rise steadily; productivity revised up |
- Wal-Mart to reopen five U.S. stores at center of union complaint
- Oil turns higher as Wall Street rally offsets inventory rise
- Ackman's Pershing Square hedge fund drops 9.2 percent in August
- Boeing delivers 14 Dreamliners, strong cash flow seen: sources