SAN FRANCISCO - Facebook Inc Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg blasted the U.S. government's electronic surveillance practices on Thursday, saying he'd personally called President Barack Obama to voice his displeasure.
Recent Technology News
- Amazon.com Inc plans to hike the annual fee for its popular Prime service by 25 percent to $99 starting next week, a move announced on Thursday that risks losing customers for a feature that has helped drive its business. | Video
NEW YORK - European buyout firm Charterhouse Capital Partners LLP is nearing a deal to acquire education software provider Skillsoft Ltd for more than $2 billion, people familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
SAN FRANCISCO - Facebook Inc will allow more marketers to run video advertisements on its website, provided the world's No.1 social network deem them to be of high-enough quality.
NEW YORK - Mobile data brought U.S. wireless carriers more revenue than voice calls did for the first time last quarter, a milestone for the industry as faster network speeds are prompting Americans to consume, and pay for, more data than ever.
SAN FRANCISCO - Carl Icahn's campaign to convince eBay Inc to spin off its PayPal payments service will intensify in the run-up to eBay's shareholders' meeting in May, eBay's chief executive said on Thursday, warning employees to ignore the "noise."
- Asian stocks tumble, yen stands tall as Ukraine crisis darkens mood
- U.S. safety watchdog says 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars
- U.S. lifts ban blocking BP from new government contracts
- Bank of America back in court over $2.1 billion fraud penalties
- Temasek-led group offers $2.1 billion for remaining Olam shares
- Peltz blasts PepsiCo again, seeks details on operations, strategy
- Courts will decide on Fannie, Freddie shareholders: U.S. lawmaker
- South Korea can't join Pacific trade talks until U.S. issues fixed: official
- U.S. retail sales rebound from winter chill, jobless claims fall