HONG KONG Electronic device makers such as Hong Kong-listed SUGA and other start-ups are looking to cash-in on a boom in China in so-called pet wearables, like smart collars, leashes and feeders.
Recent Technology News
SAO PAULO A Brazil appeals court on Tuesday ruled that a driver working for Uber via its ride-hailing app is not an employee of the San Francisco-based company and therefore not entitled to workers' benefits, overturning an earlier lower court decision.
BEIJING A Google artificial intelligence program defeated a Chinese grand master at the ancient board game Go on Tuesday, a major feather in the cap for the firm's AI ambitions as it looks to woo Beijing to gain re-entry into the country.
NEW YORK Altice USA, the cable operator created from Netherlands-based Altice NV's acquisitions of Cablevision Systems Corp and Suddenlink Communications, considers cable growth a priority as it explores ways to enter the wireless business, company officials said.
FRANKFURT Chinese telecoms giant Huawei [HWT.UL] plans a global expansion into computers, it said on Tuesday, posing a fresh challenge to established PC players in a market that has suffered two years of falling sales volumes and pressure on margins.
BRUSSELS European Union ministers approved proposals on Tuesday to make social media companies such as Facebook, Twitter and Google's YouTube tackle videos with hate speech on their platforms. The proposals, which would be the first legislation at EU level on the issue, still need to be agreed with the European Parliament before becoming law. But EU lawmakers have similarly pushed for social media companies to do more to tackle hateful content on their platforms.
- Trump seeks to slash $3.6 trillion of spending in austere budget |
- Asian shares, Aussie dollar, yuan down after Moody's downgrades China
- Moody's downgrades China, warns of fading financial strength as debt stings
- U.S. government sues Fiat Chrysler over excess emissions
- Housing recovery intact despite drop in new home sales
- Dollar firm after bounce from lows, yuan slips on China downgrade
- Morgan Stanley to curb veteran adviser recruiting
- U.S. plan to sell oil reserve shows declining import needs