WASHINGTON Six senators on Tuesday demanded that Yahoo Inc explain why hackers' theft of user information for 500 million accounts two years ago came to light only last week and called the company's handling of the breach "unacceptable."
Recent Technology News
NEW YORK Lawyers for Facebook Inc on Tuesday sought to assure a U.S. judge overseeing lawsuits by victims of militant attacks in the Middle East that it took a "zero tolerance" approach to any communications that may promote terrorist threats or activity.
FRANKFURT Facebook said it would appeal against an order by a German privacy regulator on Tuesday to stop collecting and storing data of German users of its messaging app WhatsApp and to delete all data that has already been forwarded to it.
An Illinois man pleaded guilty on Tuesday to hacking the e-mail accounts of high-profile female celebrities in a scandal linked to the online release of nude photos of Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Lawrence and others.
NEW YORK John Thaler, the tech, media and telecom stock specialist who shut down his hedge fund firm JAT Capital Management LP in 2015, is considering a return to managing other people's money, including launching a new hedge fund, two people familiar with the matter told Reuters.
TORONTO Rogers Communications Inc remains committed to its dividend growth strategy and the failure of its Shomi video streaming joint venture has not diminished its enthusiasm to invest in new technologies, its deputy chairman said on Tuesday.
- Wells Fargo CEO forfeits millions as board orders review
- Asia stocks edge down on Europe bank woes, lower oil
- OPEC set for no deal as Iran rejects Saudi oil output offer
- Nike orders miss estimates as competition heats up
- Caesars strikes deal to end main unit's costly bankruptcy
- WTO cuts 2016 world trade growth forecast to 1.7 percent, cites wake-up call
- Russia's Rosneft plans to take final investment decision on Far East LNG in 2017-18
- RBS to pay $1.1 billion to resolve U.S. regulator's mortgage cases
- Oil prices climb after industry data shows U.S. stocks draw