SEATTLE - Chuck Robbins, the veteran salesman chosen by Cisco Systems Inc to succeed legendary CEO John Chambers, must prove he has the technical knowledge to chart a new course and lead the network equipment maker into the new world of cloud-based computing.
Recent Technology News
SAO PAULO - A Brazilian judge on Monday struck down an injunction issued last week calling for the suspension of the U.S-based Uber ride-sharing service throughout the country.
MUMBAI - Facebook Inc opened up its Internet.org platform to new websites and applications from developers on Monday, a move the social media giant said would boost efforts to get people online in low-income and rural areas in emerging markets.
AMSTERDAM - Dutch navigation company TomTom aims to become a main provider of technology for self-driving cars as it charts its way back to success after seven lean years, chief executive Harold Goddijn said.
WALLDORF, Germany - German e-commerce company Rocket Internet on Tuesday reported that the loan portfolio value of its investments has risen by 2.0 billion euros since its initial public offering in October, due in part to its push into online takeaway delivery.
- Samsung and Walt Disney's Marvel introduced a marketing campaign that uses virtual reality to promote "Avengers: Age of Ultron" as more studios look to the new technology to push movies.
- Asian shares slip, Aussie dollar volatile after rate cut, China concerns
- Australia's RBA cuts rates, markets wonder if that's all
- Fed's Yellen says met firm at heart of leak probes
- Pimco Total Return Fund loses world's biggest bond fund title
- Fancy fast food shares surge in US as Shake Shack draws shorts
- Exclusive: Credit Suisse dropped SEC waiver request amid opposition - sources
- Greenlight's Einhorn slams oil frackers at Sohn conference
- Morgan Stanley sees $292 million loss from Deutsche Bank lawsuit