SEOUL - South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Wednesday announced a $2 billion share buyback plan, its first since 2007, following investor calls for higher returns against a backdrop of rapidly declining profits.
Recent Technology News
SEOUL - South Korea's Samsung Group said on Wednesday it is selling stakes in four chemical and defense firms for 1.9 trillion won ($1.72 billion) to Hanwha Group, the latest move in the massive task of restructuring the country's largest conglomerate.
SEATTLE - China has levied about $140 million in back taxes from Microsoft Corp in the first major case concerning cross-border tax evasion in the country, as regulators ramp up pressure on U.S. corporations doing business there.
- Stock futures slightly higher, investors await flurry of data
- Saudis signal no push for oil cut as market to 'stabilize itself'
- Goldman, BASF, HSBC accused of metals price fixing: U.S. lawsuit
- Juncker unveils investment plan to kick-start EU growth
- Exclusive: Online protest delays EU plan to resolve U.S. trade row
- China to push growth of outsourcing industry
- Thomas Cook hit by shock CEO departure, slowing growth
- Bitcoin exchange Kraken to help in Mt. Gox bankruptcy