HONG KONG Apple Inc found itself on the receiving end of a small, short-lived anti-U.S. protest this week in China, the tech firm's biggest overseas market and a country where foreign firms have suffered damaging boycotts following international spats.
Recent Technology News
FRANKFURT China is aiming for a top-10 ranking in automation for its industries by 2020 by putting more robots in its factories, the International Federation of Robotics (IFR) said.
TOKYO Eager Japanese rushed to their phones on Friday to start hunting as Pokemon GO, the hit Nintendo-backed smartphone game, finally launched in Japan, home of the colorful cartoon characters.
ROME (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - New Google-powered software will help the world tackle problems related to climate change, deforestation and food production, a United Nations agency said on Friday, as it presented its revamped online platform.
STOCKHOLM Swedish investment firm Kinnevik, which backs Europe's biggest pure online fashion firm Zalando, is confident the retailer can withstand competition from Amazon because it caters to a different type of customer.
JAKARTA Southeast Asian ride-hailing service Grab said on Friday it is teaming up with Indonesian conglomerate Lippo Group to roll out a mobile payment platform in its biggest market, extending its reach beyond transport.
- G20 will use 'all policy tools' to lift growth as Brexit weighs
- Corporate raiders seek Brexit bargains in Britain
- Ex-Wall Street banker accused of insider tips to father faces trial
- Exclusive: Tesla, SolarCity close to merger agreement
- China's growth sucks in more debt bucks for less bang
- Melker Schorling, Sweden's quiet tycoon with the Midas touch
- Exclusive: Libya oil exports threatened as NOC warns against port deal
- Bottom line: brands chase China's high-end lingerie market
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports