BRUSSELS - EU antitrust regulators are asking Facebook's rivals and telecoms operators whether the world No. 1 online social network's proposed $19 billion bid for mobile messaging startup WhatsApp will lead to price hikes and curb innovation.
Recent Technology News
FRANKFURT - A German regional court has issued a temporary injunction against Uber, the fast-growing, U.S.-based online chauffeur service which is no stranger to legal challenges from taxi-cab rivals and regulators around the globe.
PARIS/LONDON/MILAN - Telecom Italia has lost a promising path to earnings growth by failing to secure Brazilian broadband business GVT and may now turn from hunter to hunted in a fast-consolidating telecoms industry.
- U.S. factory activity expands in August at fastest pace since April 2010: Markit
- Wall Street opens flat; manufacturing data awaited
- Dollar General sweetens Family Dollar bid, may go hostile
- Halliburton to settle U.S. Gulf spill claims for $1.1 billion
- Quantitative easing hopefuls may be disappointed as Draghi plays for time
- Goldman cuts price target on Bombardier; sees further CSeries delay
- Exclusive: 'Back to normal' for AstraZeneca CEO, despite Pfizer rumors
- Exclusive: Alitalia, Etihad deal likely to be cleared by end of year - source
- Japan's 'Abenomics' feared in trouble as challenges build
- McDonald's to boost China supplier audits after food safety scandal