WASHINGTON - The chief executive of Japan's SoftBank Corp on Tuesday called the U.S. wireless market an oligopoly plagued by slow speeds and high prices and said his company's Sprint Corp could shake up the competition, but it would require a scale that Sprint cannot reach alone.
Recent Technology News
- Shares in Jive Software Inc, a maker of social media tools for companies, rose 7 percent after a technology blog reported that the company has been seeking a buyer for months.
AUSTIN, Texas - Entrepreneur P.K. Fields was delighted when she won a contest and a chance to pitch her Los Angeles-based startup to a venture capitalist.
JERUSALEM - Israeli start-up LabStyle Innovations Corp on Tuesday launched a mobile-phone glucose meter for diabetics to monitor their blood sugar levels.
SAN FRANCISCO - Microsoft Corp is betting on making sci-fi combat game "Titanfall" a hit big enough to boost sales of its Xbox One videogame device, helping it catch up in terms of sales with rival Sony Corp's PlayStation 4 console. | Video
SHANGHAI - Chinese PC maker Lenovo Group Ltd said it was up to IBM to resolve a wildcat strike at a China-based factory, as a deal to buy the U.S. company's server business had yet to be finalized.
- Wall Street falls on profit-taking
- Fed set to ditch 'threshold' guidance under Yellen
- U.S. Congress probe of deadly defect in GM cars expands
- Men's Wearhouse stitches up deal to buy Jos. A. Bank
- Senate banking leaders sketch out Fannie, Freddie bill
- Bank of England announces shake-up as it probes FX case |
- Fox executive raises questions on Comcast-Time Warner Cable merger
- Ecobank board removes CEO following months of turmoil