LONDON - The inventor of the world wide web, Tim Berners-Lee, called on Wednesday for bill of rights to protect freedom of speech on the Internet and users' rights after leaks about government surveillance of online activity.
Recent Technology News
HELSINKI - Finnish start-up Next Games has raised $6 million in funding in the latest of several venture capital investments in the Nordic country's booming mobile games industry, the company said on Wednesday.
SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp said on Tuesday it appointed Mason Morfit, president of activist investor ValueAct Capital, as a board member.
Boca Raton, Florida - The U.S. derivatives regulator is studying whether it should regulate electronic currencies such as bitcoin, its chief said on Tuesday, as regulators across the globe start taking the emerging technology more seriously.
WASHINGTON - The chief executive officer of Japan's SoftBank Corp on Tuesday called the U.S. wireless market an oligopoly plagued by slow speeds and high prices and said his company's Sprint Corp could shake up the competition, but it would require a scale that Sprint cannot reach alone. | Video
- Bitcoin can expose people to significant losses, fraud and theft, and the lure of a potential quick profit should not blind investors to the virtual currency's significant risks, a brokerage industry watchdog warned on Tuesday.
- Wall Street falls at open on China worries
- Average Wall Street cash bonus highest since crash: NYS Comptroller
- Tokyo lawsuit raised red flags on Mt. Gox funding, compliance
- Candy Crush-maker King sees up to $7.6 billion IPO valuation
- Ackman accuses Herbalife of breaking laws in China |
- Brazil's economy faces trouble after World Cup, election
- Alibaba's Tsai says will 'never' change partnership structure for Hong Kong IPO
- Federal prosecutors open criminal probe of GM recall: source
- Men's Wearhouse stitches up deal to buy Jos. A. Bank
- Tax fight looms large in Energy Future restructuring