Equifax Inc said on Tuesday that Chief Executive Richard Smith would leave the company and forgo this year's bonus as criticism mounts over a massive cyber attack that has plunged the credit-monitoring firm into crisis. | Video
Recent Technology News
LONDON James Dyson, the billionaire British inventor of the bagless vacuum cleaner, said on Tuesday his company was working on developing an electric car to be launched by 2020.
WASHINGTON A coalition of supporters of self-driving cars said on Tuesday that it will run ads this week in social media and Washington newspapers, in an effort to convince the U.S. Congress to adopt sweeping legislation to boost the nascent industry.
HONG KONG/BEIJING Chinese e-commerce firm Alibaba Group has taken control of logistics unit Cainiao and pledged to spend 100 billion yuan ($15 billion) over five years to build out a global logistics network, underscoring aggressive expansion plans overseas. | Video
GROVE, England A Formula One racing team is employing technology that helps racing drivers survive high speed crashes to create a new device that keeps newborn babies safe during emergency transportation. | Video
BEIJING Ant Financial, the payment affiliate of Alibaba Group Holding Ltd, said it will create a joint venture this year with CK Hutchison Holdings Ltd to operate its payment app in Hong Kong, ending Ant's solo management of the service.
- Wall St. edges up on modest tech rebound
- U.S. consumer confidence slips; new home sales hit eight-month low
- SEC chair grilled by Senate panel over cyber breach, Equifax
- Tesla shares rebound while signs of competition increase
- Fed's Yellen says gradual hikes should continue, despite weak inflation
- Bombardier shares leap 14 percent ahead of U.S. trade court ruling
- U.S. homes in on labor, investment as top officials join talks
- Private equity may win in U.S. Republicans' tax plan
- Active fund managers ride tech stocks to best performance since 2009