SAN FRANCISCO - Hewlett-Packard Co posted a surprise increase in quarterly revenue after sales from its personal computer division climbed 12 percent, but a flat to declining performance from its other units underscored the company's uphill battle to revive growth.
Recent Technology News
NEW YORK - Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc said on Wednesday it had reached a settlement allowing it to use a key piece of software in its trade finance business that a U.S. judge had prevented the bank from using due to copyright infringement.
BEIJING - Amazon.com will set up shop in China's Shanghai free trade zone, the company said on Wednesday, aiming to take advantage of less stringent trade regulations to sell a wider range of products in the country.
- Fed debates merits of earlier rate hike given U.S. jobs gains
- BofA in $16.5 billion deal with U.S. over mortgage bonds: source
- Dow, S&P 500 rise after Fed minutes reassure on rates
- Argentina bonds, peso reel on country's debt swap plan
- Ex-Aeropostale executive gets eight years prison over kickbacks
- Exclusive: Ford plans new hybrid series to compete with Toyota Prius - sources
- Policy delay has Japanese carmakers reviewing Philippines expansion plans
- Icahn reveals stake in Hertz, plans to push management
- Russia shuts four McDonald's restaurants amid Ukraine tensions