JUDABERG, Norway The Norwegian island of Finnoey has the highest density of electric cars in the world. The reason? They are exempt from the $6,000-a-year toll charges for the tunnel to the mainland.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO An international group of cryptography experts has forced the U.S. National Security Agency to back down over two data encryption techniques it wanted set as global industry standards, reflecting deep mistrust among close U.S. allies. | Video
TAIPEI/SAN FRANCISCO Alphabet Inc's Google said it would pay $1.1 billion for the division at Taiwan's HTC Corp that develops the U.S. firm's Pixel smartphones - its second major foray into phone hardware after an earlier costly failure. | Video
TOKYO Japan's Toshiba Corp is locked in last minute discussions over "key issues" with the would-be buyers of its $18 billion memory chip business led by U.S. private equity firm Bain, potentially delaying a formal agreement on the sale.
ZURICH Swisscom is establishing a new blockchain unit to develop applications, including for possible solutions to enable off-exchange trading, the Swiss government-owned phone company said on Thursday.
Equifax Inc said on Wednesday that investigators had determined that an online dispute website at the heart of the theft of some 143 million consumer records was initially compromised by hackers on March 10, four months before the company noticed any suspicious activity.
- Futures flat after Fed signals third rate hike this year
- Plan to ease U.S. firearm export rules may relieve gunmakers facing sales slump
- Toys 'R' Us plans holiday hires including toy demonstrators
- Carlyle targets first-close of new Asia buyout fund at over $4 billion: sources
- ECB may ask fintech banks to hold bigger buffers
- Volvo rolls out compact SUV in latest upmarket shift under Geely