SAN FRANCISCO - Google Inc's head of social networking services, Vic Gundotra, announced on Thursday that he is leaving the Internet search company.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - Amazon.com Inc will pay more than $300 million over three years to offer older shows from premium-cable channel HBO over the next three years, tech blog Re/code reported on Thursday, citing multiple people familiar with the deal.
- Fandango, a movie ticketing service owned by cable company Comcast Corp, is buying MovieClips from Zefr Inc to boost its film-related content.
NEW DELHI - Nokia said that due to an ongoing tax dispute its Indian mobile phone handset plant was unlikely to be included in a deal due to be concluded on Friday for the sale of its global handset business to Microsoft.
NEW YORK - Verizon Communications Inc's reluctance to offer mass discounts in a near-saturated mobile market is costing it new subscribers, analysts said on Thursday as the largest U.S. wireless carrier missed Wall Street's profit expectations.
NEW YORK - AOL is making a push into China with its digital video studio Makers, which struck a partnership on Thursday with that country's privately held Sun Media Group.
- Strong durable goods orders buoy growth outlook
- Alstom shares jump on report of $13 billion GE bid
- Wall Street up on Apple, Caterpillar; Ukraine weighs
- GM posts lower profit after recall; outlook for rest of year trimmed
- April U.S. auto sales to rise 8.5 percent: J.D. Power, LMC
- American, Southwest beat forecasts, JetBlue disappoints
- Nasdaq seeks upside from markets debate as profits rise
- Time Warner Cable cuts video subscriber losses, adds Internet clients