FRANKFURT - German carmaker Daimler is to make software from web services company Baidu available in its Chinese Mercedes-Benz cars as part of a trend of deepening ties between carmakers and consumer technology companies.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - The founder of virtual reality glasses maker Oculus VR Inc, acquired by Facebook Inc for $2 billion, has been accused of taking confidential information he learned while working with another company and passing it off as his own, according to a lawsuit filed this week.
SPRINGFIELD, Va. - Much about the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency remains classified, but the U.S. spy agency that maps and analyzes the earth is opening up more than ever, from sharing computer source code on a public website to tapping new sources of intelligence.
NECKARSULM, Germany - The contest for Nokia's maps business has become a three-way race between German carmakers, a consortium including Uber and Baidu, and a third group including China's Tencent and Navinfo, people familiar with the process said.
- An online dating site for adults seeking sexual trysts has been hacked, potentially compromising the personal information of some of its 64 million members, the company said on Friday.
PARIS - France's highest administrative court on Friday approved two out of three main restrictions on private chauffeured vehicle services such as Uber that were introduced last year after complaints from traditional cab drivers of unfair competition.
- Europe stocks stumble, dollar lifted by U.S rate view
- Regulation should be main tool against bubbles: Fed's Mester
- Oil prices edge down as dollar strengthens
- Greece says wants to make debt payments but needs aid urgently
- Troubled Malaysia Airlines to be completely revamped: new CEO
- Iran says OPEC unlikely to change output ceiling: Mehr news agency
- China invites private investors to help build $318 billion of projects
- Senator Warren calls for public hearings on bank waivers: FT
- After bruising safety crisis, U.S. car watchdog shows its bite