SAN FRANCISCO - Investors piled into Twitter Inc for the second straight day, lifting its shares to more than $52 and setting a new intraday high on Tuesday even in the absence of any significant announcements from the social media debutante.
Recent Technology News
TORONTO - The court-appointed monitor for struggling Canadian wireless startup Mobilicity has extended the deadline for suitors to bid for the company by a week to December 16, a regulatory filing shows.
SAN FRANCISCO - Qualcomm Inc said on Monday it will make smartphone chips with 64-bit features typically found in personal computers, following Apple Inc and opening the way to more efficient mobile gadgets.
AMSTERDAM - New apps are keeping track of people's special moments and memories by producing digital scrapbooks and journals that help users log where they have been and what they have done.
SAN FRANCISCO - Snapchat, a service that allows users to exchange fleeting photo messages, has filed for a temporary restraining order against Frank Reginald Brown, who claims he came up with the idea for the company.
HELSINKI - Nokia has offered to pay a 270 million euro ($369 million) deposit to Indian authorities to unfreeze assets in a tax dispute, according to sources familiar with the matter.
- U.S. budget deal could usher in new era of cooperation
- Europe edges toward plan to close failing banks
- U.S. finalizes Volcker rule, curbing Wall Street's risky trades |
- BOJ tankan seen showing improved business mood, capex
- GM shakes up auto industry men's club, naming first woman CEO |
- GM says to halt manufacturing in Australia, industry in crisis
- New GM CEO Barra seen as a winner early in her career
- U.S. fund industry sees modest wins in final Volcker rule
- GM's new president Ammann out to prove he is not a 'bean counter'
- Madoff cried as he confessed fraud to me: witness