- Twitter Inc is tying up with a Singapore-based startup to make its 140-character messaging service available to users in emerging markets who have entry-level mobile phones which cannot access the Internet.
Recent Technology News
PARIS - Telecom gear maker Alcatel-Lucent will rejoin France's blue-chip CAC 40 index, replacing STMicroelectronics, market operator NYSE Euronext said on Thursday.
OTTAWA - In another setback for the Canadian government's plan to introduce more competition in the wireless sector, private equity firm Catalyst Capital Group has withdrawn from a government auction of prized wireless airwaves.
SAN FRANCISCO - Microblogging site Twitter Inc named Marjorie Scardino, former chief executive of publishing company Pearson, to its board on Thursday following criticism that it lacked diversity in the top ranks of the company.
PARIS - The Bank of France warned on Thursday about risks related to the digital currency bitcoin, adding its voice to growing concerns about the unregulated, online money.
HONG KONG - China Mobile Ltd, the country's largest mobile operator, said it is still negotiating with Apple Inc to offer iPhones on its network, commenting on a media report saying that a long-awaited agreement had been reached.
- Third-quarter GDP revised higher as inventories bulge
- Fed uncertainty sends the Dow, S&P 500 down for fifth day
- Deutsche Bank quits commodities under regulatory pressure
- Investment into emerging markets to fall in 2014: World Bank
- China's biggest jeweler sees gold in the masses
- As workforce shrinks, Korea struggles to embrace immigration
- Haunted by old pledges, Airbus aims to boost A340 value
- Euro zone officials to meet on banking union on Friday: report
- Swiss banks prepare to bow to U.S. demands, grudgingly