TEMPLE CITY, California - A Japanese American man thought to be the reclusive multi-millionaire father of Bitcoin emerged from a modest Southern California home and denied involvement with the digital currency before leading reporters on a freeway car chase to the local headquarters of the Associated Press.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - A U.S. judge on Thursday rejected Apple's request for a permanent sales ban in the United States against some older Samsung smartphones, a key setback for the iPhone maker in its global patent battle.
- Activist investor Carl Icahn told eBay Inc shareholders in a letter on Thursday he has "not yet begun to fight" to get the e-commerce company to spin off its PayPal payments unit.
LOS ANGELES/SAN FRANCISCO - Walt Disney overhauled its struggling interactive division in a sweeping reorganization that will reduce the number of video games it develops and alter its advertising strategy to focus more on the fast-changing mobile market.
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - Sprint Corp's senior vice president in charge of network infrastructure is leaving the company, the latest in a series of executive reshuffles following the acquisition of the wireless carrier by Japan's SoftBank Corp last year.
SAN FRANCISCO - Tablet shipments will increase this year but at a much slower pace than in 2013 as consumers remain content with the devices they already own, market research firm IDC said on Thursday.
- Asian shares up, mood cautious before U.S. jobs data
- Cerberus Capital to buy Safeway for about $9.4 billion
- Exclusive: Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- Detroit reaches $120 million loan deal with Barclays
- SEC scores partial win in insider trading case over 2009 Sanofi deal
- Four indicted in U.S. for fraud in Dewey & LeBoeuf collapse
- Fed should be patient, keep trimming U.S. stimulus: Lockhart
- Fed officials see high hurdle for changing course on QE taper