SAN FRANCISCO - PayPal's biggest threat as it prepares to split from eBay next year may come from former employees who back a crop of new businesses serving shoppers who increasingly prefer to pay with mobile phones rather than personal computers.
Recent Technology News
- Apple Inc's new mobile operating system iOS8 is causing significant issues for some users who connect their phones to cars via Bluetooth, reports Apple news blog MacRumors, citing reports on Apple's Support forums and its own user forums.
SAN FRANCISCO - Twitter Inc on Wednesday gave $10 million to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology for research that would explore how people use and achieve shared goals using social networks.
- U.S. factories lose steam but private sector steps up hiring
- Wall Street tumbles on Ebola fears; small caps drop |
- Torrid U.S. car sales pace slowed in September
- Bank of America names CEO Moynihan chairman of board
- New York Times to cut jobs as new products disappoint
- Pimco Total Return Fund posts record $23.5 billion net outflow in September
- Samsung Electronics profit seen bottoming in third quarter ahead of slow recovery