BEIJING/SHANGHAI - Alibaba Group Holding Ltd's shares fell more than 10 percent early on Thursday, wiping more than $25 billion of market value after third quarter revenue at the Chinese internet giant fell short of analysts' expectations. | Video
Recent Technology News
SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp made its popular Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications available for free on Android tablets on Thursday, marking the latest step in its drive to get as many mobile customers as possible using its software.
SAN FRANCISCO - Companies replacing older PCs are increasingly choosing ones with high-end features aimed at improved security and employee efficiency, according to a senior Intel Corp executive.
SHANGHAI/BEIJING - A Chinese regulator's report that criticized Alibaba Group Holding Ltd for failing to do enough to stamp out illegal business on its platforms was flawed and the company is preparing a formal complaint, Executive Vice Chairman Joe Tsai said on Thursday.
SHANGHAI - Apple Inc has taken the number one luxury gifting spot in China from designer goods maker Hermes International SCA, according to a Hurun luxury report on Thursday, reflecting the iPhone maker's recent hot streak in the country.
SEOUL - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is closer to losing its crown as global smartphone leader after posting a plunge in quarterly mobile earnings on Thursday, a day after rival Apple Inc reported the biggest profit in corporate history. | Video
- Wall Street gains in choppy trading
- U.S. jobless claims drop sharply to near 15-year low
- Conoco, Occidental and Shell cut 2015 budgets on crude slide
- U.S. homeownership hits 20-year low, but new households growing
- Exclusive: U.S. federal safety regulators seek Takata whistleblowers
- Time Warner Cable loses fewer video subscribers
- GM to suspend production at its Russian plant for two months
- Shake Shack IPO is hot but can it match Chipotle?
- Ford profit beats estimates, but European outlook worsens |