- EBay Inc plans next year to spin off PayPal, its fast-growing payments business, giving in to activist investor Carl Icahn's argument for a leaner company better equipped to compete in the competitive mobile payments market. | Video
Recent Technology News
NEW YORK - GoPro Inc shares rose 3 percent to touch a new high and options volume looked set to hit a record on Tuesday, a day after the maker of cameras worn by surfers and skydivers said it would be launching two new action cameras, as well as a lower priced beginner-friendly model.
SAN FRANCISCO - Google Inc is planning new and revamped streaming-music services in coming weeks, searching for a way to stand out in an increasingly crowded field of rivals from Apple Inc and Amazon.com Inc to Spotify.
- U.S. consumer confidence, home prices show weakness
- Wall Street flat as energy, materials offset tech gains
- Argentina defies U.S. court order by depositing debt payment
- Walgreen posts highest quarterly sales growth in 3 years
- Fed's Powell rejects Treasury-Fed cooperation as threat to central bank independence
- Venezuela-Exxon arbitration ruling due this week: sources
- News Corp to buy real estate website operator Move for $950 mln