SEOUL - Insiders say staff at Samsung Electronics have never been so anxious ahead of the annual reshuffle, as a weak smartphone performance and its worst earnings in three years are expected to cost many jobs.
Recent Technology News
BERLIN - Germany has approved Canadian smartphone maker Blackberry's planned acquisition of Secusmart, the encryption technology of which is used to protect the mobile devices of top politicians including Chancellor Angela Merkel.
FRANKFURT - A European satellite beamed images to earth using new laser-based communications technology on Friday, opening the way for uninterrupted and near instantaneous viewing of natural disasters being sent to governments and relief agencies.
- As energy shares tumble, opportunity lurks
- U.S. crude down 10 percent post-OPEC, Brent breaks below $70
- Exclusive: P&G exploring sale of $7 billion Wella hair care unit - sources
- Vodafone examining UK options, including a move for Liberty: sources
- U.S. Black Friday shopping marked by thinner crowds, protests |
- Lawsuit accuses Wells Fargo of biased lending in Chicago area
- German pilots union says fresh strikes imminent at Lufthansa
- Exclusive: Einhorn - raising new money as performance lags
- Billions wiped off energy shares as investors rush for exit
- Speculators increase bets that Brent crude will fall to $65 in first quarter