- The fight over defunct Nortel Networks' $7.5 billion in cash will be decided in joint U.S.-Canadian court hearings and not in arbitration, a U.S. appeals court ruled on Friday.
Recent Technology News
LONDON - Bookmakers are preparing for a tax avoidance crackdown on online gambling in Britain that will cost the industry 300 million pounds ($490 million) a year, putting a brake on the fastest growing part of their businesses.
SAN FRANCISCO - Microsoft Corp said on Thursday it had disrupted the largest network of compromised personal computers, involving some 2 million machines around the world, since it stepped up its battle against organized online criminals three years ago.
- Twitter Inc is tying up with a Singapore-based startup to make its 140-character messaging service available to users in emerging markets who have entry-level mobile phones which cannot access the Internet.
LONDON - Mike Lynch, who sold software firm Autonomy to Hewlett-Packard for $11 billion, is backing a start-up focused on augmented reality - the ability to overlay information on a real-world background which some see as the next big digital craze.
SAN FRANCISCO - Microsoft Corp pledged late Wednesday to fight in court any attempt by U.S. intelligence agencies to seize its foreign business customers' data under American surveillance laws, one of a series of steps aimed at reassuring nervous users abroad.
- U.S. stocks could weather grim profit outlooks
- Fed's Evans: Open to December taper, but prefers to wait |
- Rogue trader gets prison, told to repay Goldman $118 million
- Bank of America's record $500 million accord over Countrywide wins approval
- Judge rejects consumers' bid to block American-US Airways merger
- Exclusive: Comcast taps JPMorgan on potential Time Warner Cable bid - sources
- GE to settle municipal bond rigging lawsuit for $18 million
- Unemployment rate hits five-year low, eyes on the Fed |
- Wall Street jumps on jobs; Dow, S&P end lower for the week |
- Exclusive: Carlyle readies $3 billion sale of chemical company PQ - sources