PARIS - French media group Vivendi said on Friday it would book a 4.2 billion euro ($4.6 billion) pre-tax gain from the sale of Brazilian telecommunications company GVT, which would help it pay interim dividends.
Recent Technology News
- U.S. data center company Equinix Inc is nearing a deal to acquire British peer Telecity Group Plc, according to people familiar with the matter, in a tie-up that would create the largest data center player in Europe.
WASHINGTON - U.S. telecoms regulators are leaning toward rejecting a T-Mobile U.S. Inc request that more airwaves be set aside for smaller wireless companies like itself to bid on during a government auction next year, according to people familiar with the matter.
SAN FRANCISCO - Action camera maker GoPro Inc and Google Inc introduced a virtual reality system using 16 cameras and Google software, sending GoPro shares up nearly 7 percent on Thursday.
- Avago Technologies Ltd agreed on Thursday to buy Broadcom Corp for $37 billion in the largest merger of chipmakers ever, turning a lesser known company run by a ferocious dealmaker into one of the biggest industry players. | Video
- GameStop Corp, the world's largest retailer of video game products, reported better-than-expected profit and revenue, helped by strong sales of new releases such as "Mortal Kombat X" and "Evolve" and an increase in mobile game downloads. | Video
- China stocks halt plunge, Asia wary but advances
- U.S. economy likely shrank in first quarter, but fundamentals strong
- Japan's Skymark to seek revival plan approval despite creditor opposition: sources
- No change in Greek debt talks after another day of spin
- Unrepentant Lehman ex-CEO Fuld says firm 'was not bankrupt'
- Fed rate hike in 2015 not consistent with mandate: Kocherlakota
- Airbus debates new A320 output hike, suffers test glitch
- U.S. reaches deals with four more banks under Swiss program