TOKYO - Japanese chipmaker Renesas Electronics may cut more jobs as it finishes a massive restructuring that is focusing its business on the automotive and industrial sectors and has pulled it back into the black after years of losses.
Recent Technology News
- Apple Inc plans to enable its next iPhone to become a mobile wallet by allowing owners to securely make mobile payments in a store with the touch of a finger, Bloomberg said on Sunday, citing a person familiar with the situation.
BRUSSELS - European Union antitrust regulators scrapped on Tuesday an investigation into MathWorks sparked by a complaint the U.S. software firm had refused to provide data to rivals to let their devices work with its products.
- Boeing shares slip after first 'underperform' rating since 2009
- U.S. construction spending hits highest level in 5-1/2 years
- Wall Street little changed after August rally, data
- Switzerland urged to step up fight against ill-gotten funds
- Dollar General sweetens Family Dollar bid, may go hostile |
- U.S. court revives shareholder lawsuit vs. Allergan over Botox
- Bullish U.S. manufacturing, construction data bolster growth outlook
- Halliburton to settle U.S. Gulf spill claims for $1.1 billion
- Quantitative easing hopefuls may be disappointed as Draghi plays for time
- Exclusive: 'Back to normal' for AstraZeneca CEO, despite Pfizer rumors