SAN FRANCISCO - Google Inc is expanding its artificial intelligence initiative, hiring more than half a dozen leading academics and experts in the field and announcing a partnership with Oxford University to "accelerate" its efforts.
Recent Technology News
TEL AVIV - Network security provider Check Point Software Technologies reported quarterly profit that topped expectations and raised its full-year forecast on strong demand for its threat prevention and other software subscriptions.
HONG KONG - China's Huawei Technologies Co Ltd said third-quarter smartphone shipments jumped 26 percent year-on-year, doubling devices shipped to the high-margin premium market dominated by Samsung Electronics Co Ltd and Apple Inc.
- Industrials lead Wall St sharply higher
- GM posts higher-than-expected profit on strong North American demand |
- U.S. jobs market holds firm; factory activity slows a bit
- Sears to close stores, lay off about 5,500 employees: Seeking Alpha
- Citigroup to return to U.S. court Dec. 2 over Argentine bond payments
- Caterpillar profit beats view, raises outlook; shares gain
- U.S. airlines report strong third quarter profits
- Fewer customers drop Comcast cable subscriptions
- U.S. factory activity growth slips in October: Markit