ZURICH Swiss watchmaker Swatch SA, Visa Inc and Visa Europe have launched a project that lets Visa cardholders in the United States, Switzerland and Brazil make payments with Swatch's new "pay-by-the-wrist" Swatch Bellamy watch.
Recent Technology News
BRUSSELS The European Union wants to enhance the power of the bloc's national privacy regulators in policing a planned new EU-U.S. data pact after the previous one was struck down by a top EU court on concerns about mass U.S. surveillance.
NEW YORK Amazon has unveiled what its unmanned drones for package delivery would look like with a video launched on Sunday on the prototype of technology it announced two years ago.
REYKJAVIK Activist hackers from the Anonymous collective have claimed responsibility for bringing down five government websites in Iceland in a protest against whale-hunting by the North Atlantic nation.
WASHINGTON The U.S. National Security Agency will end its daily vacuuming of millions of Americans' phone records by Sunday and replace the practice with more tightly targeted surveillance methods, the Obama administration said on Friday.
MEXICO CITY Mexico's telecom regulator said it signed off on the prices dominant phone company America Movil can charge rivals and virtual operators to connect to its network, according to a statement from the regulator on Saturday.
- Ford says to incur $600 million expense in 2015 from U.S. union pact
- FTC preparing to block Staples-Office Depot deal: NY Post
- Fed approves curb to future 'too big to fail' lending
- Wall St. opens flat, set to end the month higher
- Tribune Publishing says not in talks to sell itself after Murdoch tweet
- Nikkei seeks global digital powerhouse with $1.3 billion FT purchase
- Global funds raise U.S. equity holdings, eye emerging markets for 2016 bounce
- U.S. holiday sales on track amid online boost: NRF survey
- IMF's yuan inclusion signals less risk taking in China
- BlackBerry delays Pakistan shutdown as talks on government access continue