WASHINGTON - The United States is considering sanctions against both Russian and Chinese individuals and companies for cyber attacks against U.S. commercial targets, several U.S. officials said on Monday.
Recent Technology News
JAKARTA - Taiwan's Foxconn Technology Group, the world's biggest electronic components maker, has canceled plans to invest in a factory in Indonesia, Kontan daily reported on Tuesday, citing the head of an Indonesian business chamber.
SAN FRANCISCO - A former Secret Service agent pleaded guilty on Monday to diverting to his personal account over $800,000 worth of bitcoins during an investigation into online drug marketplace Silk Road.
- Online gambling firm Bwin.party Digital Entertainment Plc said it had received a revised offer from 888 Holdings Plc and was evaluating it together with the proposal received from GVC Holdings Plc.
TORONTO - Hundreds of thousands of people signed up for infidelity website Ashley Madison in the last week, parent company Avid Life Media said on Monday, even after hackers leaked data about millions of its clients.
FRANKFURT/DETROIT - A group of deep-pocketed China-based internet entrepreneurs and financial investors, including Tencent and Hillhouse Capital, is backing an effort to create NextEV, a new rival to U.S. electric car maker Tesla Motors Inc .
- Europe shares set to follow Asian losses as China PMIs stoke growth fears
- China manufacturing contracts, Korea exports slump as Asia's woes deepen
- Calpers, Calstrs oppose joint CEO-chairman role at Bank of America
- Oil prices drop 3 percent as investors retreat from overnight gains
- Big Rail's little cousins find boon in U.S. oil-by-rail bust
- Spain is best example that Europe is doing things right: Schaeuble
- Weak China August factory, services point to further economic slowdown
- Chipotle sued over GMO-free menu claims
- Nerves on edge as Chinese authorities probe market mayhem