SAN FRANCISCO - Amazon.com Inc posted a much larger-than-expected loss in the second quarter as its rapid pace of investment in businesses such as digital content and consumer electronics offset a 23 percent jump in revenue.
Recent Technology News
- Software maker Qlik Technologies Inc reported a 22 percent jump in quarterly revenue, boosted by demand for its data analytic tools and more license and maintenance deals.
NEW YORK - A mobile app from a law enforcement technology firm could soon allow emergency responders from different agencies to communicate seamlessly with each other in a crisis for the first time, sharing files and conducting impromptu conference calls.
- Visa cuts revenue growth target for the year; shares fall
- Starbucks sales in Americas region up slightly more than expected
- Wall St. finishes flat on mixed earnings; S&P at record
- U.S. auto sales seen rising 9 percent in July: JD Power-LMC
- U.S. judge won't void five ex-Madoff employees' convictions
- Lloyds expected to pay up to $509.5 million as LIBOR fine
- GM, Ford hopeful of European rebound despite Ukraine, Russia
- U.S. jobless claims hit more than eight-year low, but home sales tumble