SAN FRANCISCO - Twitter Inc CEO Dick Costolo will meet Shanghai government officials, academics and students in his first visit to China, signaling Twitter's interest in cracking a lucrative but thorny market with 600 million Internet users.
Recent Technology News
TOKYO - Shares in SoftBank Corp jumped as much as 6.6 percent to a seven-week high of 8,239 yen on Monday morning after its Chinese e-commerce affiliate Alibaba Group Holdings decided to hold its long-awaited share listing in the United States.
BRUSSELS/LONDON - Hackers brought down several public NATO websites, the alliance said on Sunday, in what appeared to be the latest escalation in cyberspace over growing tensions over Crimea.
PORT-AU-PRINCE - Better known for producing third-world poverty and political mayhem - as well as a world-class rum - the Western Hemisphere's least developed country has made a surprising entry into the high-tech world with its own Android tablet.
- Mizuho Bank, one of Japan's largest lenders, has became ensnared in North American legal fallout from Mt. Gox, once the world's biggest bitcoin exchange, which collapsed last month after losing nearly half a billion dollars worth of customers' digital currency.
HONG KONG - Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd has decided to hold its long-awaited IPO in the United States and is in discussions with six banks to underwrite the deal, in what is set to the most high-profile public offering since Facebook Inc's listing nearly two years ago.
- Shares hit as Crimea vote to spur sanctions against Moscow
- Damage control at Pimco after Gross, El-Erian clash
- Growth in compensation for U.S. CEOs may have slowed
- China may make the weather despite Fed and Ukraine
- In doubling yuan trading band, China aggravates foreign investor concerns
- Fannie, Freddie bill leaves status of private shareholders to courts
- Bargain retail lifts U.S. shopping centers as big names stumble
- Toyota India unit locks out workers at two plants as pay dispute drags