BEIJING - Fast-growing Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi Inc said on Thursday it is migrating some data on non-Chinese customers away from its servers in Beijing due to performance and privacy considerations.
Recent Technology News
- Yelp Inc, operator of consumer review website Yelp.com, forecast current-quarter revenue below analysts' average estimate, sending its shares down as much as 14 percent after the bell.
- One of the few remaining examples of Apple Inc's first pre-assembled computer, Apple-1, sold for $905,000 at an auction in New York on Wednesday, far outstripping expectations.
- Asia stocks hobbled by growth woes, China PMI fails to impress
- U.S. prosecutors probe Takata Corp over statements: WSJ
- U.S. inflation muted in September as energy costs drop |
- Divided SEC adopts mortgage rule, decries lax lending
- Online financing, rising costs squeeze profits at China's midsize banks
- P&G shuffles management, focuses on streamlining co
- Boeing profit jumps 18 percent, but cash is scarce
- JPMorgan was alerted of hiring concerns in China before U.S. probe: WSJ
- U.S. Court hears arguments on sex discrimination at Goldman Sachs