FRANKFURT - Apple Inc has acquired Metaio, a German company whose technology melds real-world imagery and computer-generated elements into moving video presentations, according to a corporate filing.
Recent Technology News
LONDON - When Noa Strijbos picks a financial asset to trade on her smartphone while taking her dog for a walk, almost 26,000 people pay close attention.
- Technology Crossover Ventures (TCV) is exploring a sale of its minority stake in Merkle Inc, in a deal that could value the fast-growing marketing technology company at more than $1 billion, according to people familiar with the matter.
LONDON/NEW YORK - U.S. data center company Equinix Inc said on Friday it would buy British peer TelecityGroup in a deal worth 2.35 billion pounds ($3.6 billion) that would also end Telecity's pursuit of a smaller European rival.
- Intel Corp has resumed negotiations to buy smaller chip maker Altera Corp and is close to a $16 billion acquisition agreement, people familiar with the matter said on Friday. | Video
STOCKHOLM - Swedish fingerprint sensor firm Fingerprint Cards said it had cooperated with Google on fingerprint recognition in the new Android software platform, as the U.S. software group looks to boost the use of fingerprint sensors on mobile phones.
- U.S. economy contracts in first quarter; dollar hurts corporate profits
- Data weighs on Wall St.; indexes post May gains
- U.S. dealmaking at record year-to-date high
- Oil leaps 5 percent as dollar rally stalls, U.S. rigs fall
- U.S. warns G7 of global economy 'accident' without Greece deal
- U.S. funds raise equity allocation, cut euro zone assets: Reuters poll
- Unrepentant Lehman ex-CEO Fuld says firm 'was not bankrupt'
- Deutsche's Jain wins support of bank's top labor leader