SAN FRANCISCO - Brazil's President Dilma Rousseff capped off her U.S. tour on Wednesday with a visit to Silicon Valley, where she met with top technology executives and took a ride in Google Inc's self-driving car. | Video
Recent Technology News
CHICAGO - Visa Inc said on Wednesday it is joining MasterCard Inc and American Express Co in barring its credit cards from being used to pay for ads on Backpage.com following a request from a Chicago sheriff who said the site is used by sex traffickers.
- Playtech Plc, founded by Israeli billionaire Teddy Sagi, said it had agreed to buy currency trading platform Ava Trade for $105 million to expand its online trading platform.
NEW DELHI/MUMBAI - India is reinvigorating an $18 billion campaign to provide fast internet connections for all, with a "digital week" aimed at popularizing Prime Minister Narendra Modi's campaign promise to connect 250,000 villages in India by 2019.
DUESSELDORF/FRANKFURT - A German court reaffirmed on Wednesday that YouTube was only responsible for blocking copyright-infringing videos which had been brought to its attention, but the judicial panel said the Google video unit could do more to stop breaches.
MUNICH - BMW is open to building cars for other companies such as Google or Apple, the automaker's production chief said on Wednesday, adding that there are currently no such talks.
- Greece's Tsipras digs in against bailout
- Asia stocks rise for third day though Greece, China concerns weigh
- U.S. probing whether airlines collude to keep airfares high
- China stocks fall despite fresh policy support, Hong Kong up
- U.S. sues to stop Electrolux acquiring GE's appliance business
- PayPal to buy digital money transfer provider Xoom
- U.S. hiring seen solid in June, keeping September rate hike in play
- Strong truck, SUV demand helped Ford, GM raise prices in June |
- ArcelorMittal Mexico unit to slash 2,800 jobs