TOKYO Toyota Motor Corp on Friday said it has invested in U.S. car-sharing company Getaround, a move that comes as global automakers seek to shore up their presence in new technology sectors amid growing competition from transport startups.
Recent Technology News
New York An Amazon.com Inc delivery contractor in New York City has agreed to pay $100,000 in back wages to drivers after making deductions for lunch breaks that the workers never took, the state attorney general's office said on Friday.
Amazon.com Inc on Thursday said high spending on warehouses and video production would drag on profits in the holiday quarter, disappointing investors who are weary of roller coaster results from the e-commerce giant and sending its shares down 6 percent. | Video
Google parent Alphabet Inc bested analysts' estimates for third-quarter profit and revenue on Thursday as the search company showed it has honed its core business for the mobile era and is closing in on the next wave of computing.
CUPERTINO, Calif. Apple Inc unveiled a revamped MacBook Pro on Thursday, adding a fingerprint reader, replacing function keys with a small touch screen and raising prices by several hundred dollars. | Video
NEW YORK Twitter Inc announced Thursday that it would discontinue the video-sharing mobile app Vine, as it moves to cut 9 percent of its workforce worldwide to keep costs down after beating Wall Street quarterly earnings expectations.
- Stock futures rise ahead of earnings, GDP data
- Xerox's quarterly revenue falls nearly 3 percent
- Consumers, exports may buoy U.S. third-quarter GDP growth
- Exxon Mobil quarterly profit drops by $1.59 billion
- OPEC officials start meeting on implementing supply cut
- EU fears VW diesel fixes could damage engines: Spiegel
- Tata may find dismissing Mistry easier than his accusations
- AB InBev cuts revenue forecast after triple blow in Brazil