LONDON - Four of the biggest U.S. technology groups collectively hold an estimated $124 billion in U.S. Treasury debt, much of it offshore, earning them tax-free interest, the UK's Bureau of Investigative Journalism (BIJ) said on Thursday.
Recent Technology News
- King Digital Entertainment Plc, maker of hit mobile phone game "Candy Crush Saga", expects to be worth up to $7.6 billion when it goes public this month in the United States, amid concerns about its over reliance on the game. | Video
WASHINGTON - Prospects for federal action to resolve a fight over state sales taxation of online retailing faded on Wednesday in the U.S. Congress, after a senior Republican lawmaker said more debate is needed before legislation can move forward.
LONDON - The inventor of the world wide web, Tim Berners-Lee, called on Wednesday for bill of rights to protect freedom of speech on the Internet and users' rights after leaks about government surveillance of online activity. | Video
PARIS - The traditional shoppers' warning is caveat emptor, or "buyer beware". When Vivendi's board meets on Friday to choose between two bids for its French telecom unit SFR, "seller beware" may be more appropriate.
HONG KONG - China's largest e-commerce company Alibaba Group Holding has agreed to buy a controlling stake in ChinaVision Media Group Ltd for $804 million, giving it access to TV and movie content as competition in the world's biggest Internet market becomes increasingly cutthroat.
- Asian shares tick up cautiously as China data looms
- GM waited on Ion recall despite awareness of fatal crashes
- J.C. Penney turnaround faces big test with home goods relaunch
- Defense for Madoff aides claims ignorance of fraud in closing arguments
- Herbalife says FTC opens inquiry long sought by Ackman |
- After Mexico fraud, Citi finds other three sets of suspect loans
- Australia to buy U.S. Triton drones to secure Indian Ocean resources
- Loan defaults in China won't stir systemic risks: Premier Li
- Boeing in talks with Jet Airways, Air India for 737 Max jets
- U.S. Senate Judiciary panel sets hearing on Comcast merger