SAN FRANCISCO To understand why it is so difficult to defend computers from even moderately capable hackers, consider the case of the security flaw officially known as CVE-2017-0199.
Recent Technology News
OSAKA Nintendo Co Ltd expects its new Switch console to more than double annual operating profit and end the eight-year sales decline that dogged its previous offering just as players were turning to smartphone gaming.
LONDON Drivers working for Uber [UBER.UL] in Britain will be able to access illness and injury cover under a new scheme from the San Francisco-based company, which has faced legal challenges over the way it treats its staff.
HONG KONG/BEIJING Didi Chuxing, China's top ride-hailing firm, is set to become the country's second-most valuable privately owned company, with a valuation of more than $50 billion, through a fund raising round of up to $6 billion, sources said on Thursday. | Video
HELSINKI Finnish telecom networks equipment maker Nokia reported a slowing rate of sales decline on Thursday, saying the global networks market was showing signs of recovery, particularly in North America and India.
MOSCOW Russia's largest internet group Yandex on Thursday raised its sales outlook for the year after settling a dispute with Google over product distribution on the U.S. company's Android operating system.
- Wall Street set to open higher with earnings in focus
- Jobless claims rise, but four-week average at two-month low
- U.S. durable goods data points to pickup in business spending
- Ford's 'toughest' quarter beats estimates; maintains outlook
- Trump tells Canada, Mexico, he won't terminate NAFTA treaty yet: White House |
- United to offer passengers up to $10,000 to surrender seats
- Dow Chemical profit beats as consumer market focus pays off
- UPS first-quarter profit tops estimates as revenue rises
- Atlantia taps pool of banks to finance Abertis' takeover bid: sources
- EU trade chief sees a good case to resume EU-U.S. free trade talks