NEW YORK - Alibaba Group Holding Ltd's shares soared 38 percent in their first day of trading on Friday as investors jumped at the chance for a piece of what is likely to rank as the largest IPO in history, in a massive bet on China's burgeoning middle class. | Video
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - By promoting its two presidents to serve as co-chief executives instead of founder and CEO Larry Ellison, database-and-software behemoth Oracle is setting itself a course that has confounded other big companies.
NEW YORK - Alibaba Group Holding Ltd's record public offering of shares on Friday further spurred already elevated activity in Yahoo Inc's options, pushing volume on the U.S. Internet company to a one-day record high.
- As G20 chases growth goal, members differ on how to get there
- Dollar's rally bad news for oil, multinationals
- Exclusive: Hyundai directors kept in dark on size of $10 billion land bid - sources
- German defense industry threatens to move production abroad
- U.S. court voids RadioShack class-action settlement over card receipts
- U.S. judge orders discovery to begin in some GM ignition switch cases
- Air France pilots extend strike until Sept. 26