- GT Advanced Technologies Inc said it reached an agreement with Apple Inc under which it will stop making sapphire materials and focus on supplying equipment to make sapphire crystals.
Recent Technology News
HONG KONG - China's Huawei Technologies Co Ltd said third-quarter smartphone shipments jumped 26 percent year-on-year, doubling devices shipped to the high-margin premium market dominated by Samsung Electronics Co Ltd and Apple Inc.
MOSCOW - Russia's biggest search engine Yandex said on Thursday it expected revenues to rise by 27 to 30 percent this year, compared to its previous forecast for 25-30 percent growth.
- Wall Street jumps 1 percent in broad rally on results
- GM posts higher-than-expected profit on strong North American demand
- U.S. jobless claims data point to firming labor market
- U.S. factory activity growth slips in October: Markit
- Sears to close stores, lay off about 5,500 employees: Seeking Alpha
- Citigroup to return to U.S. court Dec. 2 over Argentine bond payments
- Caterpillar profit beats view, raises outlook; shares gain
- American Airlines third-quarter profit soars on lower fuel costs
- Fewer customers drop Comcast cable subscriptions