FRANKFURT - Access to Facebook , the world's largest social network, and its Instagram photo-sharing site, were blocked around the world for up to an hour on Tuesday, which the company said later was due to an internal fault and not an outside attack.
Recent Technology News
LONDON (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - A new generation of solar panels made from a mineral called perovskite has the potential to convert solar energy into household electricity more cheaply than ever before, according to a study from Briain's Exeter University.
SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp on Monday reported a fall in its quarterly profit that was in line with Wall Street forecasts, as sluggish personal computer sales dampened demand for Windows software and the company struggled with the impact of the strong U.S. dollar.
NEW DELHI - Uber, the U.S.-based online taxi-hailing company, will not take any commission from its drivers in New Delhi until uncertainty over how it can operate in the country's capital city is cleared up, it said on Tuesday.
SINGAPORE - Singapore is gearing up for a crackdown on cyber crime with the launch of a central agency and the appointment of a minister in charge of cyber security, the government said on Tuesday, as the wealthy city-state grapples with a rise in online crime.
NEW YORK - Yahoo Inc's shares are expected to move nearly twice as much as they have following other recent earnings reports when the company announces fourth-quarter results on Tuesday, options data showed.
- Wall St tumbles with Microsoft, Caterpillar; data weighs
- Commodities rout slows Caterpillar
- U.S. trade official says Treasury taking lead on currency manipulation
- U.S. durable goods data signal weaker business spending
- Oil to stay lower for longer; Chinese demand growth to slow - Goldman
- Oil edges up on weaker dollar; traders wary of big stock build
- P&G warns of drop in full-year net sales as dollar strengthens
- Lockheed Martin profit forecast misses on lower pension income
- Pfizer's 2015 forecast disappoints, crimped by generics, dollar
- DuPont plans $4 billion share buyback