Safety standards for lithium-ion batteries need to be modernized following a massive recall of Samsung Electronics Co Ltd phones after faulty batteries caused fires, a U.S. government agency said on Tuesday.
Recent Technology News
BRUSSELS U.S. online retailer Amazon has offered to alter its e-book contracts with publishers in a bid to end an EU antitrust probe and stave off a possible fine, the European Commission said on Tuesday.
Hard-disk drive maker Seagate Technology Plc forecast current-quarter revenue above estimates, buoyed by strong demand for its cloud-based storage products.
Keysight Technologies Inc , a provider of software and equipment to the electronics and wireless communications industries, is in talks to acquire U.S. data technology company Ixia , according to people familiar with the matter.
Chipmaker Texas Instruments Inc reported higher-than-expected quarterly revenue, helped by strong demand for its analog and embedded chip products from the automotive and industrial markets.
CHICAGO Target Corp said on Tuesday it plans to launch its own mobile payment service this year in stores, which would allow customers to pay for goods using an app on their mobile phones.
- Trump talks to U.S. automakers, pushes for new American plants |
- Asia stocks set to rise on U.S. cues; dollar bounces
- Alcoa beats revenue estimates, sees higher aluminum demand
- Japan's annual exports up for first time in 15 months on global demand
- Takata shares rise by daily limit, up 18.2 percent
- Aetna, Humana to consider all options after court blocks merger
- Toyota Motor to add 400 jobs at Indiana assembly plant