SAN FRANCISCO Amazon.com Inc's ventures far beyond online retail, from cloud computing to movie making, are raising questions among corporate strategy experts about its focus.
Recent Technology News
Apple Inc urged California to toughen up its proposed policy on testing self-driving cars, a move that would result in more public data that could help Apple catch up to rivals in the self-driving space by giving it a better window into their strengths and weaknesses.
Tesla Inc on Friday said that its subsidiary SolarCity will curtail door-to-door sales of rooftop solar installations over the next month as Tesla seeks to absorb the company into its high-end brand.
ASML, the world's third largest semiconductor equipment maker, said on Friday it had counter-sued rival Nikon, after the Japanese company launched a wide-ranging patent battle against the Dutch company this week.
MILAN Milan tax police have told Amazon they believes the world's largest online retailer has evaded around 130 million euros ($142 million) of taxes in Italy, a source close to the matter said on Friday.
Qualcomm Inc slashed its current-quarter profit and revenue forecasts on Friday, amid an escalating legal battle between the chipmaker and Apple Inc.
- Wall Street slips on weak GDP data, but indexes rise in April |
- In first 100 days, a reversal of fortune for Trump favorites on Wall Street
- U.S. first quarter growth weakest in three years as consumer spending falters |
- U.S. Congress passes short-term bill to avert government shutdown |
- U.S. gasoline demand falls for second straight month: EIA
- Shaw Communications explores selling ViaWest: sources
- Weekahead: Hot earnings to keep fire under growth-stock rally