WASHINGTON An influential U.S. House committee on Thursday approved a revised bipartisan bill on a 54-0 vote that would speed the deployment of self-driving cars without human controls and bar states from blocking autonomous vehicles.
Recent Technology News
LAS VEGAS Hackers believed to be working for the Iranian government have impersonated a young female photographer on social media for more than a year, luring men working in industries strategically important to Tehran's regional adversaries, according to research published Thursday.
Verizon Communications Inc reported quarterly revenue that topped expectations on Thursday as the No. 1 U.S. wireless carrier attracted more subscribers with its unlimited data plan. | Video
FRANKFURT/SAN FRANCISCO/LONDON Buyout funds Hellman & Friedman and Vista Equity Partners have made rival bids for German business software maker TeamViewer in a deal worth more than $2 billion, sources close to the matter told Reuters.
LAGOS Alphabet Inc's Google aims to train 10 million people in Africa in online skills over the next five years in an effort to make them more employable, its chief executive said on Thursday.
Private equity-owned business software company BMC Software Inc [BSII.UL] has ended talks to merge with enterprise software maker CA Inc after struggling to arrange financing for the deal, a source familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
- Wall Street adds to record rally on strong earnings
- U.S. durable goods, trade data boost second-quarter growth estimate
- Exclusive: Saudi Aramco advisers favor London for historic IPO - sources
- U.S. regulators to approve fix for more than 300,000 VW diesels: sources
- Wells Fargo sues insurance unit bidder over executives poaching
- Germany recalls Porsche Cayenne models over illegal emissions software
- 'High Times' ready to roll with public offering |