- Strong sales of iPhones in China and emerging markets sets the stage for Apple Inc to reap even higher profits after it launches the next iPhone and other new products, analysts said.
Recent Technology News
NEW YORK - AOL is making a push into China with its digital video studio Makers, which struck a partnership on Thursday with that country's privately held Sun Media Group.
STOCKHOLM - Ericsson, the world's top mobile telecom equipment maker, said on Thursday it would split its key Network unit in two as communications technology relies more on software and the Internet.
TOKYO - Tokyo District Court ordered liquidation to begin at failed bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox, the company said on Thursday, after the bankruptcy administrator said on April 16 that it would be difficult to rehabilitate the firm.
TAIPEI - Foxconn Technology Group will decide in October whether to proceed with a planned $1 billion manufacturing project in Indonesia after a new government takes office, a company source said on Thursday.
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple Inc just bought itself some much-needed time.
- Strong durable goods orders buoy U.S. growth outlook
- Wall Street resumes climb led by Apple, earnings help
- GM posts lower profit after recall; core outlook on target
- Caterpillar posts higher first-quarter profit, raises outlook
- Time Warner Cable profit beats as demand for data services rises
- ISS recommends votes for 2 Loeb nominees to Sotheby's board
- Alstom shares jump on report of GE bid