Alphabet Inc surpassed expectations for quarterly revenue and earnings on Monday, reporting higher advertising sales across its platforms and trying to move past a record $2.7 billion European Union fine by taking the entire charge at once.
Recent Technology News
NEW YORK The U.S. Commodity Futures Commission said on Monday it has granted New York-based LedgerX, a bitcoin options exchange, the first license to clear and settle derivative contracts for digital currencies.
YONGIN, SOUTH KOREA Samsung Electronics plans to triple the market share of its contract chip manufacturing business within the next five years by aggressively adding clients, a senior company executive said, as it targets new growth drivers for the chips business.
NEW YORK U.S. venture capital firms lining up for a slice of the burgeoning digital currency market are grappling with a novel challenge - some of the hottest tech startups that sell the coins just don't need their money. | Video
BRUSSELS Germany is urging the European Union to add up to four more Russian nationals and companies to the bloc's sanctions blacklist over Siemens gas turbines delivered to Moscow-annexed Crimea, two sources in Brussels said.
NEW YORK Jana Partners has made an investment in Pandora Media Inc., according to a person familiar with the matter, seeing the stock as under-valued with an opportunity to grow its advertising revenue.
- Nasdaq, tech shine as earnings pick up; Dow, S&P lag
- U.S. home sales stumble as prices hit record high
- Exclusive: Goldman Sachs retreats from ETF lead market making
- Blue Apron shares surge on Wall Street's upbeat outlook
- Analysts cut Chipotle stock target, question menu price hikes
- Campaign group Avaaz calls on EU to block Bayer's Monsanto deal