BEIJING - China's Baidu Inc, the country's biggest search engine, has formed a partnership to apply for a private banking license, Robin Li, Baidu's chief executive, said on the sidelines of China's annual parliament on Friday.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - Privacy advocates have asked U.S. regulators to halt Facebook Inc's $19 billion acquisition of messaging service WhatsApp until there is a clearer understanding of how the company intends to use the personal data of WhatsApp's 450 million users.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's telecoms regulator said on Thursday it has decided who is dominant in telecommunications and broadcasting, a key ruling widely expected to impose tougher anti-trust measures on the local mobile and fixed line units of tycoon Carlos Slim's America Movil as well as broadcaster Televisa.
SAN FRANCISCO - A U.S. judge on Thursday rejected Apple's request for a permanent sales ban in the United States against some older Samsung smartphones, a key setback for the iPhone maker in its global patent battle.
- Activist investor Carl Icahn told eBay Inc shareholders in a letter on Thursday he has "not yet begun to fight" to get the e-commerce company to spin off its PayPal payments unit.
LOS ANGELES/SAN FRANCISCO - Walt Disney overhauled its struggling interactive division in a sweeping reorganization that will reduce the number of video games it develops and alter its advertising strategy to focus more on the fast-changing mobile market.
- Gains in U.S. job growth expected, but weather may weigh
- Buoyant stocks await payrolls, ECB inaction spurs euro |
- Exclusive: Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- Cerberus Capital to buy Safeway for about $9.4 billion
- Detroit reaches $120 million loan deal with Barclays
- Four indicted in U.S. for fraud in Dewey & LeBoeuf collapse
- Fed should be patient, keep trimming U.S. stimulus: Lockhart
- Fed officials see high hurdle for changing course on QE taper