ZURICH Swiss watchmaker Swatch SA, Visa Inc and Visa Europe have launched a project that lets Visa cardholders in the United States, Switzerland and Brazil make payments with Swatch's new "pay-by-the-wrist" Swatch Bellamy watch.
Recent Technology News
NEW YORK Amazon has unveiled what its unmanned drones for package delivery would look like with a video launched on Sunday on the prototype of technology it announced two years ago.
HONG KONG/SINGAPORE Almost a year after students ended pro-democracy street protests in Hong Kong, they face an online battle against what Western security experts say are China-sponsored hackers using techniques rarely seen elsewhere. | Video
REYKJAVIK Activist hackers from the Anonymous collective have claimed responsibility for bringing down five government websites in Iceland in a protest against whale-hunting by the North Atlantic nation.
WASHINGTON The U.S. National Security Agency will end its daily vacuuming of millions of Americans' phone records by Sunday and replace the practice with more tightly targeted surveillance methods, the Obama administration said on Friday.
MEXICO CITY Mexico's telecom regulator said it signed off on the prices dominant phone company America Movil can charge rivals and virtual operators to connect to its network, according to a statement from the regulator on Saturday.
- Dollar rises versus euro, oil drops before ECB, OPEC meetings
- Fed to take up 'too big to fail' emergency lending curb
- U.S. holiday sales on track amid online boost: NRF survey
- VW knew fuel usage in some cars was too high a year ago: report
- IMF's yuan inclusion signals less risk taking in China
- Baby boon: mini-vans the next big thing as China eases one-child policy
- BlackBerry delays Pakistan shutdown as talks on government access continue
- Exclusive: Lazard works with Sanofi on $12.7 billion animal health unit deal - sources
- HSBC whistleblower Falciani sentenced to five years in prison
- Musk's Tesla faces German battle over battery-powered homes