BEIJING - China's central bank warned on Thursday that financial institutions should not trade the digital currency bitcoin, saying that while it does not yet pose a threat to China's financial system, it carries risks.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - The agency that oversees development in the San Francisco Bay in California has begun a formal investigation into the construction of a secretive Google Inc barge on an island in the bay.
SAN FRANCISCO - Billionaire investor Carl Icahn said on Wednesday that he has filed a shareholder proposal with Apple for a much smaller stock buyback plan than he has advocated previously, as he continued to pressure Apple to share more of its cash pile.
BOSTON - Security experts have uncovered a trove of some 2 million stolen passwords to websites including Facebook, Google, Twitter and Yahoo from Internet users across the globe.
WASHINGTON - A U.S. appeals court on Wednesday closely questioned Google's claim that Oracle does not enjoy copyright protection over certain parts of the Java programming language.
STOCKHOLM - Fingerprint Cards is aiming to sell its identity technology to most of the world's biggest smartphone makers, which are likely to follow Apple in offering touch recognition for mobiles from next year.
- Japan approves $182 billion economic package, doubts remain
- European shares stabilize after sell-off, euro firm before ECB
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rifts widen over food subsidies
- New forecasts may put policy pressure on ECB
- Ford says November China auto sales up 47 percent year-on-year
- BNP Paribas agrees to buy Polish Rabobank unit for $1.4 billion
- Ford launches new global Mustang to buoy brand, boost margins
- Toyota labor federation to push for higher wages: media
- GM to drop Chevy brand in Europe to focus on Opel