- EBay Inc plans next year to spin off PayPal, its fast-growing payments business, giving in to activist investor Carl Icahn's argument for a leaner company better equipped to compete in the competitive mobile payments market.
Recent Technology News
LONDON/HONG KONG - Global equity capital markets returned with a vengeance in 2014 as bankers, investors and companies led a charge that culminated spectacularly in Alibaba, the biggest share listing ever.
MOSCOW - Internet auction site eBay intends to drive a wave of consolidation in Russia's e-commerce market over the next couple of years, persuading smaller companies to get on board as the economy weakens.
- U.S. consumer confidence, home prices show weakness
- Wall Street rises on tech strength; investors watch dollar
- Argentina deposits debt payment in defiance of U.S. court
- Fed's Powell rejects Treasury-Fed cooperation as threat to central bank independence
- Walgreen posts highest quarterly sales growth in 3 years
- Venezuela-Exxon arbitration ruling due this week: sources
- Airbus wins European approval for its new A350 jet
- News Corp to buy real estate website operator Move for $950 mln