SAN FRANCISCO - Silicon Valley powerhouse venture capital firm Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield and Byers was cleared on Friday of claims it short-circuited the career of a former partner because she is a woman, in a gender discrimination trial that shook the tech world. | Video
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - Yahoo Inc and Microsoft Corp agreed to extend by 30 days the deadline to re-negotiate a ten year search deal, as the two Internet companies attempt to revamp a thorny partnership crafted by former chief executives.
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple Inc's Tim Cook, one of the most prominent openly gay American CEOs, has joined fellow tech industry chiefs in decrying a controversial Indiana law that opponents say could allow companies to deny services to gay people.
- Slack, a business management services startup, said a security breach in February may have compromised user information including phone number and Skype IDs.
WILLISTON, N.D. - The tech geeks are coming to the oil industry's rescue.
- Amazon.com is in talks to buy online luxury retailer Net-a-porter in what could be the biggest acquisition yet for the e-commerce giant, but the negotiations are in early stages and could fall apart, Forbes reported, citing a person familiar with the matter.
- Stocks likely to drift as investors await Fed, earnings
- Best Buy warns of profit hit as it consolidates Canadian stores
- President Xi says China should not focus on growth rate only
- Fed's Yellen sees gradual rate hikes starting this year
- Chevron exits Caltex Australia stake for $3.7 billion
- Oil dives 5 percent as worries about Iran talks trump Yemen
- U.S. economic growth slows in fourth quarter; corporate profits fall |
- Lender says will make 'significant' new bid for RadioShack