NEW YORK Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc is sitting on more than $1.6 billion of gains in its investment in Apple Inc. after shares of the iPhone maker surged.
Recent Technology News
TOKYO Toshiba Corp , responding to media reports, said on Friday it was not aware that its U.S. nuclear unit Westinghouse was considering filing for Chapter 11 protection from creditors - an option analysts say could jeopardize the entire group.
Appliances and electronics retailer hhgregg Inc is preparing to file for bankruptcy as soon as next month, Bloomberg reported.
CHICAGO ADM Investor Services (ADMIS), a futures commission merchant owned by global grain trader Archer Daniels Midland Co, will begin executing more of its orders electronically beginning on March 1, the company said on Friday.
Snap Inc appears set to make a splash next week with the biggest tech stock debut since Facebook Inc, but history suggests investors shut out of the initial public offering would be better off waiting a bit to chase this unicorn on the open market. | Video
LONDON Digital currency bitcoin jumped to a record high above $1,200 on Friday, as investors speculated the first bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF) to be issued in the United States is set to receive regulatory approval.
- Buffett upbeat on American business; Berkshire operating profit down |
- Warren Buffett rails against fee-hungry Wall Street managers
- Buffett scorns tricky Wall Street accounting, but defends buybacks
- Record-setting stock rally faces test in Trump speech
- U.S. new home sales rebound; consumer sentiment dips
- J.C. Penney holiday quarter sales drop, to shut 130-140 stores |
- Wall Street edges higher to give Dow 11th straight record |