LONDON - Amazon's tax affairs could come under more scrutiny in Britain, tax experts said, after a judge questioned whether it really was organized in the tax efficient way it said it was.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - A few days after selling WhatsApp to Facebook for $19 billion, Jan Koum stepped into a suite at the St. Regis Hotel in San Francisco to celebrate with old friends, including CEOs, reformed hackers and a few people who fell into both those camps.
BEIJING - Baidu Inc has formed a partnership to apply for a private banking license, as China's biggest search engine provider moves from acting as a store front for money market funds to a certified financial institution.
LONDON - British online fashion retailer boohoo.com will list on London's AIM market next week with a market capitalization of 560 million pounds ($936 million) after tapping into current investor appetite for internet retail stocks.
TOKYO - A week after the collapse of Mt. Gox, Japan is still struggling to craft a response to the bitcoin phenomenon, saying the crypto-currency is not legal tender, though it might be taxable and subject to money-laundering controls.
TEMPLE CITY, California - A Japanese American man thought to be the reclusive multi-millionaire father of Bitcoin emerged from a modest Southern California home and denied involvement with the digital currency before leading reporters on a freeway car chase to the local headquarters of the Associated Press.
- U.S. job growth offers upbeat sign for weather-beaten economy
- Wall Street jogs in place on caution after record, Ukraine
- JPMorgan whistleblower gets $63.9 million in mortgage fraud accord
- Fed's Dudley flags easy money now, rate rise around mid-2015
- MasterCard, Visa form group to push for better card security
- SEC probes alleged fraud at fast trader Infinium: SEC letter
- UBS's Brazil unit to make quiet return to investment banking: sources
- Rolls-Royce to buy Daimler stake of power systems unit with cash, borrowing
- Exclusive - Vodafone reaches preliminary deal to buy Spain's Ono: sources