SEOUL/JAKARTA - South Korea's pioneering mobile messaging apps have taken their oversized emoticons to Indonesia, intent on breaking the dominance of BlackBerry Ltd's BBM messaging service in one of the world's most active social media markets.
Recent Technology News
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's telecommunications watchdog unveiled a slew of regulations on Friday to claw back the massive telephone business of billionaire Carlos Slim, but said it would not order a break-up of his companies for now.
LONDON - Amazon's tax affairs could come under more scrutiny in Britain, tax experts said, after a judge questioned whether it really was organized in the tax efficient way it said it was.
SAN FRANCISCO - A few days after selling WhatsApp to Facebook for $19 billion, Jan Koum stepped into a suite at the St. Regis Hotel in San Francisco to celebrate with old friends, including CEOs, reformed hackers and a few people who fell into both those camps.
SHANGHAI - China's largest Internet company Tencent Holdings Ltd may soon announce a deal to take about a 16 percent stake in online retailer JD.com and merge their online shopping platforms, local media reported on Saturday.
LONDON/BOSTON - A sophisticated piece of spyware has been quietly infecting hundreds of government computers across Europe and the United States in one of the most complex cyber espionage programs uncovered to date.
- Ackman outspent by Herbalife in lobbying battle
- Asian and European industrial health under scrutiny this week
- Five years from U.S. stock market's low, it's joy versus worry
- U.S. judge says RBC liable in Rural/Metro buyout case
- Stocks may extend rally after strong jobs data
- Competitiveness matters more than euro strength: French finance minister
- China February exports tumble unexpectedly, heighten slowdown fears
- Central bank guidance soothes markets but also carries risks: BIS
- A washing machine factory tests Italy's industrial future
- Bet on Buffett's company before Icahn's company: Barron's