Recent Technology News
TOKYO - Japanese consumer electronics firm Sony Corp has raised its operating profit estimate for fiscal 2015 to 300 billion yen ($2.52 billion), or four times its previous estimate, the Nikkei reported on Saturday.
BRUSSELS/BERLIN - The European Union's decision to take on Google last week stems from official complaints by 19 companies in Europe and the United States, including Microsoft and a number of small firms, people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
- BlackBerry Ltd is considering closing its offices in Sweden, a move that would result in the loss of up to 100 jobs, a company spokesperson told Reuters.
SEOUL - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd teased the market with hints of a new version of its Gear smartwatch on Friday, the same day that rival Apple Inc's long-awaited wearable devices went on sale.
- Stock futures up ahead of Apple earnings, Fed meeting later this week
- Greek government reshuffles EU/IMF negotiating team after Riga debacle
- China plans mergers to cut number of big state firms to 40: state media
- Deflation? Oil's 45 percent rebound could be markets' next headache
- Deutsche Bank pledges overhaul, shares slide
- For Hong Kong regulator, HSBC presents major challenges
- VW board members demanded Piech go after learning of secret plot
- Cap Gemini to buy U.S.-based IGATE for $4 billion, raises 2015 outlook
- SEC's stock market reform club locks out retail brokers
- More central banks meet, but ability to pilot economies in doubt