Twitter Inc reported its strongest growth in monthly active users in more than a year and a much better-than-expected quarterly profit, despite stiff competition from Facebook and Snapchat, sending its shares up 11 percent.
Recent Technology News
WASHINGTON Automakers on Tuesday urged the state of California to further ease its proposed regulations for autonomous vehicles, saying the state did not respond to their earlier objections by making enough revisions to its planned set of rules for self-driving cars.
GENEVA Alibaba Executive Chairman Jack Ma said on Tuesday the Internet should be a utility available to the whole world, putting his weight behind a U.N. call for e-commerce to boost developing economies and help fight poverty.
After upending the taxi market with its ride-hailing service, Uber Technologies Inc [UBER.UL] is now aiming for the skies with its flying taxis.
WASHINGTON FCC Chairman Ajit Pai said on Tuesday the top U.S. telecommunications regulator would launch a "comprehensive review" of media regulations and overhaul rules that restrict consolidation among media companies, potentially opening the door to a wave of deals among broadcasters and newspapers.
NEW YORK After an initial digital currency sale that raised $12.5 million in just 12 minutes, blockchain startup Gnosis has decided to leave most of its remaining currency untouched for at least a year, co-founder Martin Koppelmann told Reuters on Tuesday.
- Congress moves closer to deal to avert government shutdown |
- Trump tax plan slashing business rates to test support in Congress |
- Futures flat as Trump tax plan awaited
- PepsiCo profit beats on demand for healthier snacks, drinks
- Acquisitions help Nasdaq beat profit estimates
- Exclusive: A New York hotel deal shows how some public pension funds help to enrich Trump |
- China's richest man deepens sports foray with global marathons deal
- Credit Suisse seeks capital security with $4 billion cash call
- Tesla Model S loses top rating from Consumer Reports over brake issue