BEIJING China has issued the final version of a policy to regulate booming online-ride hailing services, according to a document made public on Thursday, for a sector in which Uber Technologies Inc [UBER.UL] and Chinese rival Didi Chuxing compete aggressively.
Recent Technology News
NEW YORK For the oil industry, Yahoo Inc's decision this week to sell its core business to Verizon Communications Inc for $4.8 billion does not matter all that much. Their world already changed a few months ago, when the company said it would jettison its messaging system that has been the norm for oil traders since the late 1990s.
SEOUL South Korean tech giant Samsung Electronics Co Ltd said on Thursday it expects solid earnings to continue in the second half of 2016, with stronger components demand likely offsetting heightened margin pressures for smartphones.
TOKYO SoftBank Group Corp reported flat first-quarter operating profit as solid earnings for its domestic telecommunications business offset losses at U.S. unit Sprint Corp .
SEOUL South Korea's government plans to expand tax benefits for research and development of robotics and other technologies as it seeks out industries that could become new economic growth engines.
SAO PAULO The public federal prosecutor in the Brazilian state of Amazonas said on Wednesday the court there froze 38 million reais ($11.7 million) of funds held in Facebook Inc's account for failing to comply with a court order to supply data on users of the company's WhatsApp messaging service who are under criminal investigation.
- Asia dips as China stocks deepen losses, dollar down after Fed
- Fed leaves rates unchanged, says risks to outlook reduced |
- Shell misses expectations with 70 percent earnings plunge
- Volkswagen brand profit falls on scandal effects, lower sales
- AstraZeneca earnings hit by waning cholesterol drug sales
- In clash of billionaires, Bloomberg calls Trump White House race 'a con' |
- Boeing's iconic 747 era could come to an end