SAN FRANCISCO - Twitter Inc CEO Dick Costolo will meet Shanghai government officials, academics and students in his first visit to China, signaling Twitter's interest in cracking a lucrative but thorny market with 600 million Internet users.
Recent Technology News
HONG KONG - Hong Kong's stock exchange needs to find ways to be more competitive as a listing venue for technology companies, without rushing into any decisions, the head of the exchange operator said on Monday, a day after Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd said it will list shares in the United States.
STOCKHOLM - Telecoms company TeliaSonera said on Monday the United States Department of Justice is investigating its purchase of a 3G license in Uzbekistan in 2007.
TOKYO - Shares in Nikon Corp shed 4.2 percent to a five-week low of 1,686 yen on Monday morning after it was criticized by a Chinese consumer show that said the camera maker had sold defective products in China and denied local consumers fair treatment in after-sales service.
TOKYO - Shares in SoftBank Corp jumped as much as 6.6 percent to a seven-week high of 8,239 yen on Monday morning after its Chinese e-commerce affiliate Alibaba Group Holdings decided to hold its long-awaited share listing in the United States.
BRUSSELS/LONDON - Hackers brought down several public NATO websites, the alliance said on Sunday, in what appeared to be the latest escalation in cyberspace over growing tensions over Crimea.
- Stock futures point to higher open after Crimea vote
- U.S. manufacturing output posts largest gain in six months
- Five months later, jurors face tough task in Madoff aides' trial
- RWE to sell DEA to Russian-led investors for $7.1 billion
- Primark to pay $10 million more to victims of Bangladesh factory collapse
- Chrysler recalls 18,092 Fiat 500L cars for transmission issue
- Chesapeake Energy files for spin off oilfield services business
- Renault and Nissan name management team to step up integration