- For a glimpse of what is, what might have been and what may lie ahead in wearable devices, look beyond branded tech and Silicon Valley start-ups to the messy labs, dry papers and solemn conferences of academia.
Recent Technology News
AMSTERDAM - Dutch navigation company TomTom aims to become a main provider of technology for self-driving cars as it charts its way back to success after seven lean years, chief executive Harold Goddijn said.
- Samsung and Walt Disney's Marvel introduced a marketing campaign that uses virtual reality to promote "Avengers: Age of Ultron" as more studios look to the new technology to push movies.
BERLIN - Germany's top public prosecutor will look into accusations that the country's BND foreign intelligence agency violated laws by helping the United States spy on officials and firms in Europe, including Airbus group, the federal prosecutors office said.
- Another day, another shock for investors in social media stocks.
WASHINGTON - A bill to end spy agencies' bulk collection of Americans' telephone data advanced in the U.S. House of Representatives on Thursday, setting up a potential showdown over the program, which expires on June 1.
- Wall Street ends on upbeat earnings from Berkshire, Cognizant
- Pimco Total Return Fund loses world's biggest bond fund title
- Cement makers Holcim and Lafarge win U.S. antitrust approval to merge
- U.S. factory orders rebound solidly, but trend still soft
- McDonald's reset to change structure, cut costs, boost franchises |
- Buffett defends core holdings like IBM, Coca-Cola, in interview |
- Greenlight's Einhorn slams oil frackers at Sohn conference
- Bank of America plans vote on change allowing CEO to be chairman