FRANKFURT - German chipmaker Infineon announced on Wednesday that it had agreed to buy U.S.-based International Rectifier for about $3 billion in cash.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - When she started her child-support tracking business SupportPay, Sheri Atwood expected all kinds of suggestions - but not the tip she got from a female investor who suggested she dye her blonde hair darker to be taken more seriously by venture capitalists.
SEATTLE - Former Microsoft Corp Chief Executive Steve Ballmer has left the software company's board in order to spend more time on his newly acquired Los Angeles Clippers basketball team, but said he plans to hang on to his 4 percent stake in Microsoft.
- Wall St. inches up with Fed minutes on tap; retailers resilient
- McDonald's says studying Russian claims on sanitary breaches
- Staples warns of weak sales on low demand for core office supplies
- Target cuts forecast as it woos back customers with more discounts
- Walgreen CFO's departure due to $1 billion forecasting error : WSJ
- Goldman Sachs to raise junior banker pay by 20 percent : NY Post
- Home improvement chain Lowe's Cos cuts sales forecast |
- Argentina bonds, peso reel on country's debt swap plan
- Macy's to pay $650,000 to resolve 'shop-and-frisk' probe