TOKYO - Factory worker Satomi Iwata has new co-workers, a troupe of humanoid automata that are helping to address two of Japan's most pressing concerns - a shortage of labor and a need for growth.
Recent Technology News
- A Swiss man attempting to circumnavigate the globe with an aircraft powered only by the sun's energy landed in Hawaii on Friday, after a record-breaking five-day nonstop solo flight across the Pacific Ocean from Japan. | Video
LONDON - There is at least one legal way to get your euros out of Greece these days, to guard against the prospect that they might be devalued into drachmas: convert them into bitcoin.
MOSCOW - Russia's parliament gave its final approval on Friday to a law that would require Internet search engines to remove users' personal information from their results.
GAZA - The Hamas-appointed attorney general in the Gaza Strip reopened the offices of the territory's only mobile phone provider on Sunday, five days after he ordered them closed over alleged non-payment of taxes.
SEOUL - The proposed $8 billion merger of two Samsung Group companies came under attack from two directions on Friday, as an activist hedge fund filed a court action against the deal and a shareholder advisory group recommended shareholders oppose it.
- Greeks defy Europe with overwhelming referendum 'No' |
- China rolls out emergency measures to prevent stock market crash
- Quartet of crises threatens Europe's core
- Aetna to buy Humana for $37 billion in largest insurance deal
- Fiat Chrysler CEO says no news on approach to GM but consolidation good
- BP reaches $18.7 billion settlement over deadly 2010 spill
- Credit Suisse CEO vows action for 'impatient' investors: NZZ
- UBS has whistleblower deal in Brazil currency investigation: paper
- Heinz completes Kraft purchase, Buffett joins board