SAN FRANCISCO - A few days after selling WhatsApp to Facebook for $19 billion, Jan Koum stepped into a suite at the St. Regis Hotel in San Francisco to celebrate with old friends, including CEOs, reformed hackers and a few people who fell into both those camps.
Recent Technology News
LONDON - British online fashion retailer boohoo.com will list on London's AIM market next week with a market capitalization of 560 million pounds ($936 million) after tapping into current investor appetite for internet retail stocks.
CHICAGO - High-speed trader Infinium Capital Management, which has struggled financially, has stopped trading and is working to wind down the company, President Mark Palchak told Reuters on Thursday.
SAN FRANCISCO - Privacy advocates have asked U.S. regulators to halt Facebook Inc's $19 billion acquisition of messaging service WhatsApp until there is a clearer understanding of how the company intends to use the personal data of WhatsApp's 450 million users.
SAN FRANCISCO - A U.S. judge on Thursday rejected Apple's request for a permanent sales ban in the United States against some older Samsung smartphones, a key setback for the iPhone maker in its global patent battle.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's telecoms regulator said on Thursday it has decided who is dominant in telecommunications and broadcasting, a key ruling widely expected to impose tougher anti-trust measures on the local mobile and fixed line units of tycoon Carlos Slim's America Movil as well as broadcaster Televisa.
- U.S. job growth offers upbeat sign for weather-beaten economy
- Payrolls lift S&P 500 to fresh record
- Fed's Dudley pushes policy guidance change at March FOMC: report
- Stock funds worldwide attract $7.5 billion inflow: BofA
- U.S. trade deficit steady in January as exports bounce back
- U.S. stock, crude futures jump on February jobs report |
- Middle East drought a threat to global food prices
- Fed seen as raising rates a bit earlier after jobs report
- Appeals court acquits banks in Milan derivatives case
- Mastercard, Visa form cross-industry group for payment security