TOKYO - Japan's Sony Corp reported a second-quarter operating loss on Friday that was narrower than analysts had estimated, as blockbuster sales of its PlayStation 4 games console reduced the impact of a sluggish smartphone division.
Recent Technology News
TOKYO - Panasonic Corp raised its full-year operating profit outlook by 13 percent and returned to a net cash positive position for the first time in five years after a drastic restructuring chopped unprofitable product lines in smartphones, plasma TVs and semiconductor chips.
TOKYO - Japan's wireless network providers are to lift restrictions on which network their subscribers can use, the government said, demanding that all smartphones and tablets to be sold with their SIM cards unlocked upon customers' request starting next year.
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Wal-Mart to expand discounts as retail price war heats up
- Fed's Williams: inflation targets work, but room for improvement
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows
- Euro zone inflation slightly higher in October
- Starbucks Americas sales disappoint on softer traffic
- Citigroup sets aside $600 million more to cover legal costs
- RBS takes $640 million forex charge and warns of more to come
- BNP shakes off impact of U.S. fine, returns to profit |