HELSINKI Apple has settled a patent dispute with Finnish telecom equipment maker Nokia and agreed to buy more of its network products and services, sending Nokia shares up 7 percent. | Video
Recent Technology News
Corporations are cheering a U.S. Supreme Court decision limiting where they can be sued for patent infringement, but some intellectual property lawyers say loopholes in the ruling likely mean lawsuits will continue to be filed in plaintiff-friendly jurisdictions.
NEW YORK Altice USA, the cable operator created from Netherlands-based Altice NV's acquisitions of Cablevision Systems Corp and Suddenlink Communications, considers cable growth a priority as it explores ways to enter the wireless business, company officials said.
FRANKFURT Chinese telecoms giant Huawei [HWT.UL] plans a global expansion into computers, it said on Tuesday, posing a fresh challenge to established PC players in a market that has suffered two years of falling sales volumes and pressure on margins.
BRUSSELS European Union ministers approved proposals on Tuesday to make social media companies such as Facebook, Twitter and Google's YouTube tackle videos with hate speech on their platforms. The proposals, which would be the first legislation at EU level on the issue, still need to be agreed with the European Parliament before becoming law. But EU lawmakers have similarly pushed for social media companies to do more to tackle hateful content on their platforms.
BERLIN Online food takeaway firm Delivery Hero is set to float before the summer break in a deal valuing one of Europe's biggest start-ups at up to 4 billion euros ($4.5 billion), people close to the matter said on Tuesday.
- Trump seeks to slash $3.6 trillion of spending in austere budget |
- Wall Street rises on investor relief after Trump budget |
- Housing recovery intact despite drop in new home sales
- U.S. government sues Fiat Chrysler over excess emissions
- Dollar firm after bounce from multi-month lows, focus shifts to Fed
- Morgan Stanley to curb veteran adviser recruiting
- Westinghouse reaches deal for $800 million U.S. bankruptcy loan
- U.S. plan to sell oil reserve shows declining import needs