Recent Technology News
TOKYO Shares in Nintendo Co tumbled as much as 18 percent on Monday after the company said Pokemon GO would have a limited impact on its earnings - their biggest setback so far after a huge run-up on the smash-hit game. | Video
HONG KONG China's Huawei Technologies Co Ltd [HWT.UL], the world's third-largest smartphone vendor, said first-half global smartphone shipments jumped 25 percent, helped by rapid growth in traditionally high-end markets such as Europe.
MUMBAI India's biggest e-commerce firm Flipkart is buying domestic online fashion retailer Jabong from Global Fashion Group for $70 million in cash, the latest consolidation move in the country's e-commerce sector as competition intensifies.
STUTTGART, Germany Porsche has raised the number of jobs it will create for the production of its first all-electric sports car to more than 1,400 from more than 1,000 previously, the manufacturer said on Tuesday.
NEW YORK/SAN FRANCISCO Verizon Communications Inc said on Monday it would buy Yahoo Inc's core internet properties for $4.83 billion in cash, marking the end of the line for a storied Web pioneer and setting the stage for a big new internet push by the telecom giant. | Video
- Wall Street little changed as investors assess earnings
- Fed seen holding rates steady as inflation watch continues
- Caterpillar posts lower second-quarter earnings, lowers 2016 outlook
- U.S. new home sales rise to near eight-and-a-half year high in June
- Brewer AB InBev raises offer for rival SABMiller
- Swiss to pass information on HSBC accounts to U.S. tax agency
- McDonald's comparable sales growth misses estimates; shares fall
- Exclusive: Teva, Mylan eye Pfizer's Brazil venture, sources say