FRANKFURT Germany's highest court said Internet service providers could be made responsible for blocking websites offering illegal music downloads, but only if copyright holders showed they had first made reasonable attempts to thwart such piracy by other means.
Recent Technology News
AUSTIN, Texas Texas halted dating service Lone Star Introductions and others from operating in the state because it said the firms had harassed and threatened clients, the Attorney General's office said on Wednesday.
TOKYO Sony Corp on Wednesday said sales of its PlayStation 4 video game console exceeded 30.2 million units as of Nov. 22, as global price cuts ahead of the year-end holiday season bolstered demand.
Billionaire investor Leonard Blavatnik disclosed a 11.4 percent passive stake in mobile payments company Square Inc, which went public earlier this month.
LONDON An 18-year-old youth from Wales who was detained on Tuesday in the fifth arrest connected to a cyber attack on telecoms company TalkTalk was bailed on Wednesday pending further investigations, police said in a statement.
TOKYO Toshiba Corp will brief analysts on Friday on impairment changes at its U.S. nuclear power unit Westinghouse.
- Euro on shaky ground, stocks up on talk of aggressive ECB easing
- Two-decade Pfizer mission pays off for Guggenheim's deal king
- Barclays fined for lax crime checks in 'deal of century'
- WTO talks stuck again as ministers prepare to meet, Azevedo says
- Mis-selling risks grow with China's insurance sales army
- BTG Pactual redemptions rise in day after CEO arrest, source says
- Bank of America to halt dollar supplies to Angola: sources
- Merck plans to sell its allergy business unit to cut debt: Bloomberg
- VW's Audi suspends two engineers in emissions probe
- Bad Saudi PR fuels riyal devaluation talk