BEIJING - China's legislature adopted a sweeping national security law on Wednesday that covers everything from territorial sovereignty to measures to tighten cyber security, a move likely to rile foreign businesses.
Recent Technology News
- Interactive Data Corp, one of the world's largest financial data providers, has hired banks for a potential sale or an initial public offering that could value it at more than $5 billion, including debt, people familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.
NEW DELHI/MUMBAI - India is reinvigorating an $18 billion campaign to provide fast internet connections for all, with a "digital week" aimed at popularizing Prime Minister Narendra Modi's campaign promise to connect 250,000 villages in India by 2019.
MUNICH - BMW is open to building cars for other companies such as Google or Apple, the automaker's production chief said on Wednesday, adding that there are currently no such talks.
- Playtech Plc, founded by Israeli billionaire Teddy Sagi, said it had agreed to buy currency trading platform Ava Trade for $105 million to expand its online trading platform.
BEIJING - Beijing-based smartphone maker Xiaomi Inc said on Wednesday it has hired private equity investor Shou Zi Chew as chief financial officer, further bolstering its executive ranks in a period of rapid international expansion.
- Greece offers conditional okay to bailout, Germany skeptical |
- U.S. private payrolls rise solidly; factory activity picks up
- Special Report: How Greece went bust
- Macy's cuts ties with Donald Trump after Mexico insults
- Wall St. rises sharply on renewed Greece hopes
- Fed's Brainard says Fed examining possible drop in market liquidity
- JPMorgan builds up apartment-loan leader from WaMu rubble
- U.S. construction spending rises to 6-1/2-year-high
- Strong truck, SUV demand helped Ford, GM raise prices in June
- General Mills profit halves due to $260 million impairment charge