WASHINGTON - An attack by hackers on a White House computer network earlier this month was considered so sensitive that only a small group of senior congressional leaders were initially notified about it, U.S. officials said on Thursday.
Recent Technology News
- Japanese telecom and media group SoftBank Corp has set its sights on the wireless assets put up for sale by America Movil, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
WASHINGTON - Tectron International of Vernon, California, is recalling about 55,000 USB charging cables after two reports of them melting, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said on Thursday.
- Visa gives big boost to Dow, but GDP doesn't excite
- Trade, defense buoy U.S. economy, but some weakness creeps in |
- Conoco sees third-quarter profit rise, 2015 capex seen lower
- U.S. regulator orders Takata to provide documents related to faulty air bags
- Efforts to replace Fed hawks Plosser, Fisher pick up speed
- Wal-Mart to close 30 underperforming stores in Japan, take charge
- Thomson Reuters financial products sales improve
- Daimler, VW dampen speculation about imminent CEO succession
- U.S. jobless claims rise, but underlying labor market trends firming
- Raymond James reports strongest recruiting year since 2009