NEW YORK The head of Japan's SoftBank Group Corp , which in October set up a $100 billion fund for technology investments, said on Tuesday he would invest $50 billion in U.S. businesses, a move President-elect Donald Trump claimed was a direct result of his election win. | Video
Recent Technology News
Alphabet’s Google is on track to purchase enough renewable energy to cover all its global electricity consumption next year, the company said on Tuesday.
SAN FRANCISCO Sales of the Apple Watch to consumers set a record during the first week of holiday shopping, and the current quarter is on track to be the best ever for the product, Apple Inc Chief Executive Tim Cook told Reuters. | Video
OSLO Norwegian media group Schibsted plans to add 200 people to its 1,800-strong technology team in the next year to further develop its online classified ads business and fend off competition from Facebook, its chief executive says.
LONDON Many carmakers are predicting a significant shift to electric vehicles in the next decade. Advances in battery technology and the growth of autonomous driving and ride sharing - suited to electric vehicles - will power this expansion, they reason.
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record |
- U.S. trade gap widens as exports of soybeans, other products drop
- Microsoft gains EU approval for $26 billion buy of LinkedIn
- Ford stockpiles best-selling F-150 trucks to test new transmission
- Mastercard to buy back shares worth $4 billion
- U.S. judge throws out emissions fraud lawsuit against Mercedes
- Caesars unit's bank lenders threaten to end bankruptcy deal
- Blackstone's Schwarzman sees historic regulatory overhaul from Trump