Equifax Inc said on Tuesday its Chief Executive Officer Richard Smith will step down and forgo his annual bonus, a move that came weeks into a mounting crisis at the credit-monitoring firm stemming from a massive data breach. | Video
Recent Technology News
LONDON James Dyson, billionaire inventor of the bagless vacuum cleaner, said on Tuesday his company was building an electric car which will launch by 2020, the latest firm to challenge traditional carmakers in a burgeoning market.
WASHINGTON A coalition of supporters of self-driving cars said on Tuesday that it will run ads this week in social media and Washington newspapers, in an effort to convince the U.S. Congress to adopt sweeping legislation to boost the nascent industry.
HONG KONG/BEIJING Chinese e-commerce firm Alibaba Group has taken control of logistics unit Cainiao and pledged to spend 100 billion yuan ($15 billion) over five years to build out a global logistics network, underscoring aggressive expansion plans overseas. | Video
GROVE, England A Formula One racing team is employing technology that helps racing drivers survive high speed crashes to create a new device that keeps newborn babies safe during emergency transportation. | Video
BEIJING Ant Financial, the payment affiliate of Alibaba Group Holding Ltd, said it will create a joint venture this year with CK Hutchison Holdings Ltd to operate its payment app in Hong Kong, ending Ant's solo management of the service.
- U.S. consumer confidence slips; new home sales hit eight-month low
- Fed's Yellen says gradual hikes should continue, despite weak inflation
- Wall St. slips on mounting North Korea tensions
- U.S. homes in on NAFTA labor, investment as top officials join talks
- Fed's Brainard: Labor market disparities reducing U.S. economy's potential
- SEC chair grilled by Senate panel over cyber breach, Equifax
- Toyota to invest $373.8 million in five U.S. plants
- Commerce Secretary Ross tells China to guarantee fairness for U.S. firms