Recent Technology News
NEW YORK - Yahoo Inc's shares are expected to move nearly twice as much as they have following other recent earnings reports when the company announces fourth-quarter results on Tuesday, options data showed.
SAN FRANCISCO - Texas Instruments Inc reported higher fourth-quarter results on Monday and gave a revenue outlook for the current quarter in line with expectations, helped by growing demand for chips from the auto industry.
- AT&T Inc said on Monday it would buy bankrupt NII Holdings Inc's wireless business in Mexico for $1.875 billion in a move to create a larger Mexican wireless player that will have a better chance of competing with No. 1 America Movil .
- Swiss electronics company TE Connectivity Ltd is said to be nearing a deal to sell its network equipment unit to CommScope Holding Co Inc for about $3 billion, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
- IBM dismissed on Monday a Forbes magazine report claiming the technology firm is preparing to cut about 26 percent of its workforce, which would represent its biggest-ever layoffs.
- Asia shares inch ahead, euro steady as Fed meets
- Oil gives up early gains on firm dollar, shrugs off OPEC comments
- U.S. oil well shut-ins start as crude rout batters small producers
- U.S. deficit to dip in 2015 as era of dramatic declines ends: CBO
- China's Li says to create 10 million jobs in 2015: China Daily
- Mattel removes CEO, warns of fifth straight fall in quarterly sales |
- Ocwen calls investor claims baseless
- Petrobras may book $20 billion asset write-down: Veja magazine blog
- S&P downgrades Russia's sovereign credit rating to 'junk'