Recent Technology News
NEW YORK For the oil industry, Yahoo Inc's decision this week to sell its core business to Verizon Communications Inc for $4.8 billion does not matter all that much. Their world already changed a few months ago, when the company said it would jettison its messaging system that has been the norm for oil traders since the late 1990s.
Wonder Workshop Inc, which makes toy robots that teach kids how to code, said it raised $20 million in its second round of funding and was looking to expand into new markets, especially China.
SEOUL South Korean tech giant Samsung Electronics Co Ltd said on Thursday it expects solid earnings to continue in the second half of 2016, with stronger components demand likely offsetting heightened margin pressures for smartphones.
VIENNA America Movil said on Thursday it would cut its stake in Telekom Austria by 7.8 percentage points to just over 50 percent as a deadline neared for it to reduce its holding and increase the Austrian firm's free float.
TOKYO Japan's SoftBank Group Corp on Thursday flagged a sharp recovery for struggling U.S. unit Sprint and was bullish about long-term prospects for soon-to-be-acquired UK chip designer ARM .
- Wall Street lower after Fed leaves rates unchanged
- U.S. jobless claims rise; labor market still strong
- Lackluster U.S., China sales drag on Ford Motor profit; shares drop
- Dow Chemical says cost savings will likely exceed FY target
- Fed leaves rates unchanged, says risks to outlook reduced |
- Shell misses expectations as earnings plunge on oil, BG costs