LONDON - Four of the biggest U.S. technology groups collectively hold an estimated $124 billion in U.S. Treasury debt, much of it offshore, earning them tax-free interest, the UK's Bureau of Investigative Journalism (BIJ) said on Thursday.
Recent Technology News
BOSTON - A mysterious computer virus believed to be from Russia infected hundreds of thousands of PCs around the globe after attacking the U.S. military's Central Command in an unprecedented breach uncovered in 2008, according to the details of new research released on Wednesday.
- King Digital Entertainment Plc, maker of hit mobile phone game "Candy Crush Saga", expects to be worth up to $7.6 billion when it goes public this month in the United States, amid concerns about its over reliance on the game. | Video
WASHINGTON - Prospects for federal action to resolve a fight over state sales taxation of online retailing faded on Wednesday in the U.S. Congress, after a senior Republican lawmaker said more debate is needed before legislation can move forward.
LONDON - The inventor of the world wide web, Tim Berners-Lee, called on Wednesday for bill of rights to protect freedom of speech on the Internet and users' rights after leaks about government surveillance of online activity. | Video
PARIS - The traditional shoppers' warning is caveat emptor, or "buyer beware". When Vivendi's board meets on Friday to choose between two bids for its French telecom unit SFR, "seller beware" may be more appropriate.
- Shares tick up cautiously but China growth fear weighs
- GM waited on Ion recall despite awareness of fatal crashes
- J.C. Penney turnaround faces big test with home goods relaunch
- ECB ready to act if real interest rates don't fall - Coeure
- Defense for Madoff aides claims ignorance of fraud in closing arguments
- China's Jan-Feb economic activity cools to multi-year lows
- Loan defaults in China won't stir systemic risks: Premier Li
- VW expects to hit 10 million car-sales goal four years early
- Boeing in talks with India airlines on 737 MAX jet