NEW YORK Verizon Communications Inc said on Monday it would buy Yahoo Inc's core internet properties for $4.83 billion in cash to expand its digital advertising and media business, ending a lengthy sale process for the fading Web pioneer.
Recent Technology News
BANGKOK Thai student protesters will use social media tools, from Facebook to Japanese messaging app Line, to persuade voters to reject a military-backed draft constitution, some of the activists said on Monday.
SAN DIEGO, Calif. The creator of the wildly popular Pokemon Go gaming app received the celebrity treatment on Sunday at the final day of San Diego's annual Comic-Con, as he discussed the viral popularity and future of the game.
HONG KONG Huawei Technologies Co Ltd [HWT.UL], one of the world's largest telecoms equipment makers, on Monday posted a 40 percent rise in first-half sales revenue and said it would "maintain current momentum" this year.
STOCKHOLM Swedish mobile telecoms gear maker Ericsson parted company with its chief executive Hans Vestberg on Monday, a move led by major shareholders after a series of disappointing results.
HONG KONG Apple Inc found itself on the receiving end of a small, short-lived anti-U.S. protest this week in China, the tech firm's biggest overseas market and a country where foreign firms have suffered damaging boycotts following international spats.
- Wall Street lower as earnings roll in; Fed meet eyed
- EU working with consumer groups to pressure Volkswagen for compensation
- Buyout funds eye alliances for SABMiller's Pilsner, east Europe brands
- Fiat Chrysler review shows U.S. sales figures were inflated: report
- G20 will use 'all policy tools' to lift growth as Brexit weighs
- SunEdison unit TerraForm Power adopts poison pill
- China Vanke tussle is big test for new securities regulator
- Philip Green responsible for BHS collapse: UK lawmakers