HONG KONG - Alibaba Group Holding Ltd said on Wednesday it is seeking to extend the draw-down period of an $8 billion loan from January next year, a move people familiar with the e-commerce company's plans said would buy it more time to launch an IPO.
Recent Technology News
LONDON - Imagination Technologies said a slowdown at the top end of the smartphone market would hit the number of chips shipped with its graphics and video technology in the second half of the year, sending its shares down 15 percent.
STOCKHOLM - Biometric smartphones are expected to become mainstream next year as leading handset makers follow the lead of Apple Inc. into fingerprint recognition technology, an Ericsson report on consumer trends showed on Wednesday.
SAN FRANCISCO - Investors piled into Twitter Inc for the second straight day, lifting its shares to more than $52 and setting a new intraday high on Tuesday even in the absence of any significant announcements from the social media debutante.
- An Indian court extended a hearing over local tax authorities' seizure of a Nokia factory by seeking information on the plant value, adding to concerns whether the company can transfer the property to Microsoft as part of the sale of its mobile phone business.
ROME - The board of Telecom Italia is not considering any plan to break up the company's Brazilian wireless unit TIM Participacoes, CEO Marco Patuano said on Tuesday.
- U.S. budget deal gets cautious thumbs-up
- U.S. budget deal could usher in new era of cooperation
- U.S. fund industry sees modest wins in final Volcker rule |
- UK watchdog fines Lloyds record $46 million for sales failings
- Rio Tinto says has already exceeded 2013 cost saving target
- GM to halt car production in Australia, industry in crisis
- Bank Coop says will participate in U.S. tax probe