Recent Technology News
NEW YORK - The U.S. Marshals Service on Thursday started auctioning off 50,000 bitcoins following the conviction of Ross Ulbricht for running Silk Road, the underground website where authorities said drugs and other illegal goods could be bought using the virtual currency.
BARCELONA - Shazam, the company behind the mobile phone app that enables its 100 million users to recognize music they hear, and buy the recordings, is now promising to extend the app's scope to objects, such as products in retail outlets.
LONDON - Fraudsters are slick and smooth when they request new bank accounts or credit cards -- a characteristic an Israeli company wants to use against them.
FRANKFURT - German carmaker BMW said on Thursday its talks with technology giant Apple did not involve developing or building a car, denying a German magazine report.
WASHINGTON - Cyber attacks on U.S. weapons programs and manufacturers are a "pervasive" problem that requires greater attention, the top U.S. arms buyer said Thursday, saying that he would add cybersecurity to the Pentagon's guidelines for buying weapons.
- U.S. factory orders fall for sixth straight month
- Wall St. little changed after two-day drop, data
- Soft U.S. data hints at near-term hiccup in economic growth
- AbbVie boosts cancer drug pipeline with $21 billion Pharmacyclics deal |
- Exclusive: Commerzbank nears $1.4 billion-plus settlement with U.S. - sources
- BofA's $8.5 billion mortgage bond settlement wins approval
- Draghi ties ECB's Greek funding to bailout compliance |
- Upbeat ECB ready to start printing money next week |
- Oil up despite strong dollar, U.S. stance on Iran |
- Costco's quarterly profit tops estimates on tax benefit |