- Twitter Inc will lay off up to 336 employees, or about 8 percent of its workforce, as co-founder Jack Dorsey readies to revive growth in the microblogging service provider's user base in his second stint as chief executive.
Recent Technology News
- Activist investor Ancora Advisors on Tuesday ramped up pressure on Shutterfly Inc, saying in a letter that the digital imaging company has failed to quickly address concerns that shareholders voiced earlier this year, and threatened another proxy fight.
- The New York Times Co said it will offer unlimited access to its website and mobile app for a day to anyone who buys a paper from a newsstand starting Tuesday.
NEW DELHI - India has drafted guidelines to regulate ride-hailing companies, including U.S.-based Uber [UBER.UL] and its domestic rival Ola, for the first time laying down federal rules that could end months of uncertainty on how they operate in the country.
TOKYO - The Innovation Network Corp of Japan, a government-backed fund that has rescued loss-making electronics companies, is open to discussing a possible investment in Sharp Corp if the company seeks help, INCJ's president said on Tuesday.
ABU DHABI - Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways has signed a 10-year $700 million deal with IBM for a range of information technology services and infrastructure, the companies said on Tuesday.
- AB InBev wins over SABMiller at fifth attempt
- GE to sell $30 billion specialty finance business to Wells Fargo
- Wall St. recovers but China concerns weigh
- J&J third-quarter sales miss mark, hurt by strong dollar
- Jury selection begins in ex-Rabobank traders' U.S. trial over Libor scheme
- VW looks to cutbacks and electric cars to overcome scandal |
- Oil falls after bearish IEA report