SAN FRANCISCO/FRANKFURT - European Union antitrust regulators are preparing to step up investigations of Google Inc's practices on several fronts and are likely to revise certain terms of a settlement involving its search engine that was proposed earlier this year, the Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday.
Recent Technology News
- Netflix Inc's planned expansion in Europe will set the video streaming company up for growth, but will increase content and marketing expenses in the near term, analysts said. | Video
BEIJING - China will crack down on smartphone apps featuring pornography and obscene content, the government said on Tuesday, the latest move in an official campaign to 'clean the Internet'.
- Data, earnings lift Wall Street; conflicts eyed
- U.S. housing turning the corner, inflation creeping up
- Coca-Cola sales miss estimates on flat North America growth
- McDonald's profit falls on weak U.S., European sales
- Wall Street rejects Ackman's Herbalife 'death blow'
- RBS 'wilfully obtuse' in turnaround unit evidence: UK lawmaker
- Galhotra succeeds Farley at Ford as head of Lincoln brand
- U.S. airlines halt flights to Israel due to instability
- Credit Suisse posts big loss after U.S. tax settlement |
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |