WASHINGTON - U.S. wireless carriers will make it easier for consumers to "unlock" their mobile phones for use on a competitor's network, Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler said on Thursday.
Recent Technology News
- TrueCar.com, a car pricing information website, said it received a $30 million investment from Microsoft Corp co-founder Paul Allen's Vulcan Capital.
LONDON - Taiwan smartphone maker HTC Corp said it would be able to sell its One Mini smartphone in Britain after the Court of Appeal temporarily suspended an earlier ruling banning sales of the phone due to a patent infringement.
FRANKFURT/BRUSSELS - EU antitrust regulators will open an in-depth probe into Telefonica's proposed 8.6 billion euro ($11.9 billion) takeover of KPN's German unit next week, three people familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
NEW DELHI/HELSINKI - Nokia has won an appeal to release a local factory seized by authorities in a tax dispute, allowing the transfer of the plant as part of the sale of its mobile phone business to Microsoft.
NEW DELHI/MUMBAI - India's Micromax, which has become the country's No. 2 smartphone brand just five years after selling its first handset - a $30 made-in-China model - is looking to go upmarket and overseas.
- Solid U.S. retail sales boost economic outlook
- U.S. authorities near deal with JPMorgan on Madoff violations
- BofA's Merrill to pay $132 million in SEC case over mortgages
- GM ties up loose ends as reign of new CEO nears
- Wall St. ends down as more signs point to Fed taper
- Jury for SAC's Steinberg hears origins of Dell tips
- Insight: China CCTV Starbucks report set off storm inside network
- American Air orders regional jets worth about $4 billion
- Exclusive: Penney shrinks top name brands as own labels take center stage
- Mexican Congress passes radical shake-up of oil industry