SEOUL - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Wednesday said it would post its first quarterly profit gain in two years, beating expectations as strong sales of chips and displays probably offset weakness in its smartphone division.
Recent Technology News
BRUSSELS/FRANKFURT - From Vienna cafes to the European Union's highest court, an Austrian law student's two-year battle against Facebook and mass U.S. surveillance culminated on Tuesday in a landmark ruling that has rippled across the business world.
- Microsoft Corp unveiled on Tuesday its first laptop, a line of Lumia smartphones, a new Surface Pro tablet and an updated version of its wearable fitness tracker, Microsoft Band, all running on Windows 10, its latest operating system. | Video
(Please note that paragraph six contains language that may be offensive to some readers)
ZURICH - A Swiss court has upheld a 2009 ruling against Swisscom by Switzerland's competition commission for anti-competitive behavior in its broadband internet business, but has reduced the size of the fine.
PARIS - Alcatel-Lucent said on Tuesday it will not sell its undersea cables unit, meaning the strategic business which underpins the global Internet will be taken by Nokia once it completes its acquisition of the Franco-American group.
- JPMorgan buys more mortgages from other lenders as market shrinks
- AB InBev raises offer for rival SABMiller at 42.15 pounds per share
- VW CEO says recall to start in January, be completed end-2016
- Asian shares firm on resurgent oil, Nikkei falls on BOJ
- Renault-Nissan discussing change in alliance structure to counter French control: paper
- Tesco first-half profit more than halves
- Airbus, Bombardier end talks over CSeries jet investment
- Faint corporate praise for TPP as winners, losers sought
- U.S. consumer watchdog wants partial ban on arbitration clauses