BOSTON - Apple Inc and Google Inc said on Tuesday that they have developed fixes to mitigate the newly uncovered 'Freak' security flaw affecting mobile devices and Mac computers.
Recent Technology News
BRUSSELS - The European Union's antitrust chief has met Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt as she seeks to resolve a four-year investigation into complaints that the Internet search giant abuses its dominance.
FRANKFURT - General Motors is launching its digital Onstar connection service in Europe this year, offering Opel and Vauxhall buyers free car connectivity for the first year after purchase.
ROME - The Italian government approved a plan on Tuesday to bring its high-speed broadband network into line with European Union targets, but it held back from forcing operators to replace their copper-wire networks with fiber-optic cable.
- Digital video recorder maker TiVo Inc's quarterly revenue rose about 7 percent, helped by higher subscriptions.
- Novetta Solutions LLC, a provider of software and IT services to the U.S. intelligence community, is exploring a sale which could value it at more than $650 million, including debt, according to people familiar with the matter.
- Wall St. falls from records, led by technology stocks
- Pimco CIO Ivascyn says 'late decision-makers' behind withdrawals
- Springleaf to buy Citi's OneMain to become top U.S. subprime lender |
- U.S. CEOs modestly more upbeat on economy, spending: survey
- Sluggish February U.S. car sales blamed on blustery weather |
- Top U.S. regulators request more time in MetLife lawsuit
- Oil up as Netanyahu blasts Iran, Libya forces strike terminals
- Target to cut thousands of jobs, eyes $2 billion in cost cuts
- Best Buy announces first buyback since 2012; profit jumps |