BRUSSELS The European Union wants to enhance the power of the bloc's national privacy regulators in policing a planned new EU-U.S. data pact after the previous one was struck down by a top EU court on concerns about mass U.S. surveillance.
Recent Technology News
PITTSBURGH/CHICAGO Retailers across the United States offered early Black Friday discounts to lure bargain-hunters on Thanksgiving eve, but initial checks showed crowds in brick-and-mortar stores were subdued even as online sales jumped. | Video
Yelp Inc won the dismissal of a lawsuit by shareholders who claimed they were fraudulently misled about the authenticity and quality of its reviews, and whether Yelp manipulated those reviews to favor paying advertisers.
BANGKOK Thailand's prime minister said on Thursday that $2.26 billion raised from a 4G mobile license auction would be used to fund infrastructure projects and to help low-income people, including farmers.
SEOUL South Korea's LG Display said it will invest more than 10 trillion won ($8.71 billion) to build a large plant to make panels using organic light-emitting diode (OLED) panels, raising its big bet on the ultra-clear display technology.
SAN FRANCISCO Lighter Capital, an alternative financing startup, announced on Friday it has raised a $100 million fund that will be invested in emerging tech companies.
- Wall St ends flat; Disney, retailers dip on sales worries
- Black Friday crowds thin in subdued start to U.S. holiday shopping
- Exclusive: Lazard works with Sanofi on $12.7 billion animal health unit deal - sources
- HSBC whistleblower Falciani sentenced to five years in prison
- Holiday shopping unlikely to cheer many investors
- Halliburton refiles bid for EU approval of $35 billion Baker Hughes buy
- Class action suit against Barclays alleges forex rigging losses
- Dutch government to appeal EU ruling on Starbucks tax deal