PUTIAN, China - Criticized and even sued by luxury brand Gucci and others for facilitating the counterfeit goods trade, Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd has been quietly piloting a scheme to try to curb fakes at source.
Recent Technology News
SPRINGFIELD, Va. - Much about the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency remains classified, but the U.S. spy agency that maps and analyzes the earth is opening up more than ever, from sharing computer source code on a public website to tapping new sources of intelligence.
NECKARSULM, Germany - The contest for Nokia's maps business has become a three-way race between German carmakers, a consortium including Uber and Baidu, and a third group including China's Tencent and Navinfo, people familiar with the process said.
- An online dating site for adults seeking sexual trysts has been hacked, potentially compromising the personal information of some of its 64 million members, the company said on Friday.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Treasury Department on Friday authorized American businesses and individuals to facilitate personal communications over the Internet like social media, instant messaging and photo sharing in Crimea, annexed by Russia from Ukraine last year.
PARIS - France's highest administrative court on Friday approved two out of three main restrictions on private chauffeured vehicle services such as Uber that were introduced last year after complaints from traditional cab drivers of unfair competition.
- Yellen tone suggests choppiness for markets ahead
- Iran says OPEC unlikely to change output ceiling: Mehr news agency
- Greece hasn't got the money to make June IMF repayment: interior minister
- Senator Warren calls for public hearings on bank waivers: FT
- After bruising safety crisis, U.S. car watchdog shows its bite
- Amazon changes tax practices in Europe as investigations continue: WSJ
- G7 finance ministers to address faltering global growth
- Renault in Turkey offers concessions to striking workers
- ECB's Draghi urges euro zone to unite for economic reform