BEIJING Chinese authorities have issued a warning to the country's top e-commerce platforms, including Alibaba Holding Group Ltd's Taobao.com, over the sale of illegal virtual private networks that allow users to skirt state censorship controls.
Recent Technology News
ZURICH Sonova on Thursday launched a new hearing aid microchip capable of streaming audio directly from wireless mobile devices as the Swiss company aims to close the gap to Danish competitors that pioneered similar technology years ago.
Cisco Systems Inc's quarterly revenue in its closely-watched security business missed analysts' estimates, raising concerns about the world's largest networking gear maker's efforts to transform into a software-focused company.
HONG KONG Shares of China's Tencent Holdings are set to open 5.3 percent higher on Thursday after the world's largest gaming company reported a forecast-beating quarterly profit.
WASHINGTON U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday criticized Amazon.com on Twitter over taxes and jobs and accused the global retailer, without offering evidence, of hurting U.S. localities and causing job losses.
MEXICO CITY Mexico's Supreme Court on Wednesday ruled billionaire Carlos Slim's telecommunications company America Movil should not be barred by law from charging competitors certain fees, prompting fears of a rollback of a sweeping antitrust reform.
- Asia shares up as North Korea tensions ease, wary Fed pressures dollar
- U.S. talks tough on trade deficit as NAFTA discussions begin
- Fed policymakers grow more worried about weak inflation
- Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway will not increase its Oncor offer
- Fed's Fischer says move to unwind bank regulation 'dangerous': FT
- Union Pacific to layoff 750 U.S. employees amid broader cost-cutting
- Seven charged in U.S. insider trading ring
- Black banker sues Goldman Sachs for racial discrimination