The vote by the U.S. Congress to repeal rules that limit how internet service providers can use customer data has generated renewed interest in an old internet technology: virtual private networks, or VPNs.
Recent Technology News
Uber Technologies Inc released its first diversity report on Tuesday, showing that women and non-white employees are underrepresented at the ride-services company - just as they are at many other technology firms.
SEOUL After the damaging recall of its fire-prone Note 7 smartphone, you could be forgiven for thinking Samsung Electronics Co Ltd would make a song and dance about battery safety in its new flagship phones, due to be launched in the United States on Wednesday.
WASHINGTON The U.S. Department of Commerce will remove Chinese telecommunications equipment maker ZTE Corp from a trade blacklist on Wednesday after the company pleaded guilty to violating sanctions on Iran and agreed to pay nearly $900 million, the agency said in a notice. [nL2N1GZ224]
TORONTO The Canadian and Ontario governments plan to team up with a group of businesses to invest about C$200 million ($150 million) to fund an artificial intelligence institute at the University of Toronto, project organizers said on Tuesday.
SAN FRANCISCO Facebook Inc is giving the camera a central place on its smartphone app for the first time, encouraging users to take more pictures and edit them with digital stickers that show the influence of rival Snapchat. | Video
- Asia stocks up with dollar, sterling cold shouldered on Brexit day
- GM rebuffs two-class share plan from Einhorn's Greenlight Capital
- Toshiba says Westinghouse had $9.8 billion in liabilities as of end December
- Hedge fund Elliott says other Akzo shareholders want PPG talks: newspaper
- Halkbank says Turkish government working on issue of executive's U.S. detention
- Trump applauds Ford's previous planned investment in Michigan plants |