WASHINGTON Six Democratic U.S. senators on Tuesday demanded Yahoo Inc explain why hackers' theft of user information for 500 million accounts two years ago only came to light last week and lambasted the company's handling of the breach as "unacceptable."
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO With speculation mounting that Twitter Inc will soon have a new corporate owner, the 10-year-old social networking service - which has long struggled to define its core purpose -may end up heading in one of several distinctly different directions depending on who ends up paying for it. | Video
LONDON Microsoft and Bank of America Merrill Lynch have joined forces on a project to use blockchain technology to make trade finance transactions faster, cheaper, safer and more transparent, the companies said on Tuesday.
MUMBAI Google, a unit of Alphabet Inc, said on Tuesday it launched Google Station in India, a service that aims to deepen its reach across the country, as the search giant seeks to bring more people on to its Google platform.
SAN FRANCISCO (This version of the Sept. 26 story, corrects paragraph 4 to show that Palantir issued a statement denying the allegations, which was contained in an earlier story, instead of that Palantir could not immediately be reached for comment, adds Palantir comment on Labor Department analysis in paragraph 11 which was contained in an earlier story.)
FRANKFURT German car makers Audi, BMW and Daimler on Tuesday launched an alliance with mobile telecoms network equipment firms Ericsson , Huawei [HWT.UL], Intel , Nokia and Qualcomm to accelerate development of the infrastructure needed for self-driving cars.
- Wall Street rises in wake of first presidential face-off
- OPEC set for no deal as Iran rejects Saudi oil output offer
- Stocks bounce up after U.S. debate; oil falls |
- WTO cuts 2016 world trade growth forecast to 1.7 percent, cites wake-up call
- World Bank reappoints Kim to five-year term as president
- Oil down 3 percent as Saudis say no chance for Algiers deal
- Morocco signs deal with Boeing to attract suppliers
- Fed's Fischer says tighter labor market pushing up wages
- U.S. says Wells Fargo to pay $400,000 to settle charges over swaps