SAN FRANCISCO Nearly two dozen major companies in technology and other industries are planning to launch a coalition to demand legislation that would allow young, illegal immigrants a path to permanent residency, according to documents seen by Reuters.
Recent Technology News
SINGAPORE Grab, the main Southeast Asian rival of Uber Technologies Inc [UBER.UL], said on Friday it had secured debt facilities of up to $700 million to help it create the largest car rental program in southeast Asia.
SAN FRANCISCO Google is offering security experts a bounty to identify Android app flaws as the Alphabet Inc unit seeks to wipe out bugs from its Google Play store.
WASHINGTON U.S. lawmakers, alarmed that foreign entities used the internet to influence last year's election, introduced legislation on Thursday to extend rules governing political advertising on television, print and radio to also cover social media like Facebook Inc .
Facebook Inc said on Thursday it has signed up 10 news publishers including the Washington Post and The Economist to take part in a trial that gives its mobile app users access to a limited number of articles a month and then the option to subscribe via the publishers' own websites.
MEXICO CITY Since two massive earthquakes hit Mexico in September, claiming more than 460 lives, an early warning start-up called SkyAlert has doubled its users to 5.8 million, making it one of the country's most downloaded apps.
- Asian shares perk up after U.S. Senate passes budget plan
- Nissan's inappropriate inspections started at least 20 years ago: NHK
- Singapore Airlines to finalize $13.8 billion Boeing order next week
- Kobe Steel data fabrication continued after misconduct discovered: Nikkei
- Mexican auto lobby rejects U.S. NAFTA proposal on rules of origin
- Ackman urges ADP to consider acquiring Ceridian amid proxy fight
- Imprimis Pharma to take on Allergan's Restasis with cheaper product