SEOUL - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd's new Galaxy S5 smartphone should outsell its predecessor and defy predictions that the South Korean titan's latest model will struggle in a tough market for high-end handsets, a top executive said.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - Intel Corp's first-quarter net profit exceeded Wall Street's estimates as the chipmaker wrestles with slow demand for personal computers and its chief executive officer said an ambitious goal to stake out market share in tablets was on track.
SHANGHAI - Baidu Inc, China's leading internet search provider, has launched a mobile payment and wealth management platform after its main domestic rivals launched similar products.
- The final defendants in what the U.S. government called its first prosecution of a counterfeit apps case have pleaded guilty over their roles in alleged schemes to traffic in pirated Android mobile device applications.
NEW YORK - Major U.S. wireless carriers and smartphone makers have agreed to introduce tools to enable users to lock their devices and wipe them clean of data if stolen, responding to pressure on the telecommunications industry to do more to stem theft.
ORLANDO, Florida - When the Atlantic hurricane season opens June 1, national forecasters will roll out a new feature: color-coded and broadcast-ready maps to graphically show the potential for flooding from storm surges.
- China economic growth slows to 18-month low in first quarter |
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian shares up on China relief, Softbank stars |
- Defunct bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox files for liquidation: WSJ
- Fed should beef up low-rate vows, two officials say
- Bonds shine again as Great Rotation gives way to Asset Reflation
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine
- GM CEO 'agonized' over putting two engineers on paid leave |
- HKMA steps up supervision of banks' credit risk management