SAN FRANCISCO Lyft Inc has formed a self-driving car division, company executives said, a bold investment for the second-largest U.S. ride-services firm as it jockeys for position in the highly competitive autonomous vehicle race.
Recent Technology News
The U.S. government on Thursday dealt Arista Networks Inc a loss in its technology dispute with Cisco Systems Inc and refused to set aside an order blocking importation of some of Arista's network switches.
Private equity firms Blackstone and CVC Capital Partners [CVC.UL] joined a rush to snap up payments companies on Friday with a 2.9 billion pound ($3.7 billion) bid for Paysafe Group.
PARIS French fashion brand Louis Vuitton, part of luxury giant LVMH , said on Friday it had launched an e-commerce website in China to tap a booming online shopping market.
BEIJING/SHANGHAI China has outlined plans to become a world-leader in artificial intelligence by 2025, laying down a challenge to U.S. dominance in the sector amid heightened international tensions over military applications of the technology.
LONDON Vodafone, the world's second largest mobile operator, reported better-than-expected 2.2 percent revenue growth in its first quarter, reflecting a robust performance in Italy and Spain and an acceleration in demand in Turkey.
- Wall Street pares losses but GE-led industrials weigh
- GE shares fall as profit slumps, investors await new CEO's targets
- Ford to petition to avoid U.S. recall of 2.5 million vehicles
- Global pizza brands battle for Russia's far-flung regions
- Bank of America picks Dublin as EU base after Brexit
- Crimean scandal prompts Siemens to retreat from Russian energy |
- German carmakers may have colluded on diesel systems: Spiegel
- Hedge fund stung by unusual ruling over Sprint-Clearwire deal