WASHINGTON The chairman of the Federal Communications Commission on Friday pressed major U.S. phone companies to take immediate steps to make technology that blocks unwanted automated calls available to consumers at no charge.
Recent Technology News
TOKYO Eager Japanese rushed to their phones on Friday to start hunting as Pokemon GO, the hit Nintendo-backed smartphone game, finally launched in Japan, home of the colorful cartoon characters.
SAN FRANCISCO Silicon Valley investor Peter Thiel, the only big-name supporter of Donald Trump from the country's technology hub, spoke on Thursday at the Republican National Convention to urge the country to discard petty cultural battles and turn its attention to solving the United States' economic decline. | Video
ROME (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - New Google-powered software will help the world tackle problems related to climate change, deforestation and food production, a United Nations agency said on Friday, as it presented its revamped online platform.
STOCKHOLM Swedish investment firm Kinnevik, which backs Europe's biggest pure online fashion firm Zalando, is confident the retailer can withstand competition from Amazon because it caters to a different type of customer.
JAKARTA Southeast Asian ride-hailing service Grab said on Friday it is teaming up with Indonesian conglomerate Lippo Group to roll out a mobile payment platform in its biggest market, extending its reach beyond transport.
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- U.S. government's bid to block insurance mergers could spawn new ones
- Eyes on Fed, BOJ, Europe's bank stress test
- G20 nations pledge to bolster defenses against Brexit headwinds
- Fiat Chrysler recalling 410,000 vehicles
- CEO says Audi plans three electric car models by 2020: paper
- Hershey Trust reaches in-principle reform agreement
- JPMorgan to stop settling government securities for dealers
- Unsecured creditors seek quick end to Sports Authority bankruptcy