LOS ANGELES - YouTube has embarked on a new round of discussions with Hollywood and independent producers to fund premium content, two sources with knowledge of the talks told Reuters, a move that could bolster a three-year-old multimillion-dollar effort that has had mixed success so far.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - An antitrust lawsuit targeting Google's Android operating system should be dismissed, Google said in a court filing on Friday, partly because smartphone manufacturers are free to utilize Android on their phones without also installing Google apps.
- U.S. regulators on Friday suspended trading in Cynk Technology Corp, citing possible market manipulation in the one-time penny stock whose market value rocketed within weeks from less than $20 million to more than $6 billion.
- Tech earnings take center stage next week
- Dark pool probe builds pressure on Barclays boss
- Charting a path to 'normalization'
- Bruised and grumbling, foreign banks bend to U.S. rules
- Engine maker CFM eyes record orders in 2014
- American Airlines picks CFM for $2.6 billion engine deal
- Dark pool scrutiny no slam dunk for traditional exchanges
- Swiss chocolate maker Lindt near deal to buy Russell Stover: report
- Fed officials debate timing of interest rate increases: WSJ