SAN FRANCISCO When Apple Inc launches its much-anticipated 10th anniversary iPhone this fall, it will offer an unwitting lesson in how much the smartphone industry it pioneered has matured.
Recent Technology News
FRANKFURT Dialog Semiconductor , maker of chips that go in Apple Inc's and Samsung Electronics' smartphones, said it expected "good revenue growth" in 2017, indicating a bumper year for high end consumer devices.
SAO PAULO Twitter Inc has found a bright spot in Brazil, Latin America's largest economy, even as weak advertising sales across the globe have punished the social network's stock in recent weeks.
MUMBAI Bharti Airtel , India's largest telecoms network operator, is buying Norwegian Telenor's India unit, in yet another consolidation move in the South Asian nation's telecoms sector driven by upstart rival Jio's disruptive pricing.
SEOUL SK Hynix Inc will consider making a fresh bid for Toshiba Corp's flash memory chip business should the Japanese conglomerate offer more of it for sale, the chief executive of the South Korean chipmaker said on Thursday.
Fitbit Inc forecast lower-than-expected revenue for the current quarter, underscoring the wearable device maker's struggles with waning demand for its fitness tracking bands in a maturing market.
- Asia stocks pare losses, dollar flounders as lift from Fed, Mnuchin wanes
- Trump to seek jobs advice from firms that offshore U.S. work |
- Ghosn cedes Nissan CEO role, to focus on alliance with Renault, Mitsubishi
- Mnuchin says dollar strength reflects confidence in U.S. economy: WSJ
- Chemchina extends tender offer for Syngenta to April 28
- Disrupting the disruptors: Singapore rattles sharing economy with rule change
- Federal Reserve minutes point to rate hike 'fairly soon'