WASHINGTON U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday criticized Amazon.com on Twitter over taxes and jobs and accused the global retailer, without offering evidence, of hurting U.S. localities and causing job losses.
Recent Technology News
OXFORD Germany's Babbel, the highest grossing maker of mobile language-learning apps, has teamed up with Cambridge University's English language certification arm, setting a new, high-quality standard for digital language testing, the companies said on Wednesday.
BERKELEY, Calif Amazon.com Inc is rolling out U.S. pickup points where shoppers can retrieve items immediately after ordering them, shortening delivery times from hours to minutes in its latest move into brick-and-mortar retail. | Video
LONDON Online retailer Amazon.com Inc said on Wednesday it would open a distribution centre in Bristol, south west England, in 2018, continuing a rapid expansion that saw its investments in the UK triple last year to over 400 million pounds ($513.96 million).
BEIJING Chinese electric-car venture Future Mobility Corp, co-founded by former BMW and Nissan Motor executives, has raised $200 million from investors including China's Suning and Fullshare Holdings in its latest round of financing.
HONG KONG Telecoms group China Unicom is raising $11.7 billion from about a dozen investors including tech giants Alibaba Group and Tencent Holdings , as part of Beijing's push for state-owned enterprises to be revitalized with private capital.
- Wall Street rises as consumer stocks gain; Fed minutes eyed
- U.S. talks tough as NAFTA negotiations get under way
- Exclusive: China's Belt and Road acquisitions surge despite outbound capital crackdown
- Maersk upbeat on shipping outlook, faces hefty cyber attack bill |
- U.S. judge in Takata bankruptcy halts lawsuits vs automakers
- Sale of Air Berlin slots offers rare German entry ticket
- Ireland rejects EU's demand that it collect 13 billion euros from Apple
- U.S. regulators charge bank employee, six others with insider trading
- Reckitt bets on 'smart' products to renew innovation mojo