HONG KONG - Alibaba Group Holding Ltd said on Wednesday it is seeking to extend the draw-down period of its $8 billion loan to the end of next year, a move that people familiar with the e-commerce firm's plans said would buy it more time to launch an IPO.
Recent Technology News
LONDON - Imagination Technologies said slowdown at the top end of the smartphone market would hit the number of chips shipped using its graphics and video technology in the second half of the year, sending its shares down 15 percent.
BOSTON - Chinese hackers eavesdropped on the computers of five European foreign ministries before last September's G20 Summit, which was dominated by the Syrian crisis, according to research by computer security firm FireEye Inc
SAN FRANCISCO - A Google Inc commuter bus was blocked in San Francisco's Mission district for about a half hour Monday morning, highlighting many residents' growing concern that an influx of affluent technology workers is driving up costs in the city.
TORONTO - The court-appointed monitor for struggling Canadian wireless startup Mobilicity has extended the deadline for suitors to bid for the company by a week to December 16, a regulatory filing shows.
SAN FRANCISCO - Qualcomm Inc said on Monday it will make smartphone chips with 64-bit features typically found in personal computers, following Apple Inc and opening the way to more efficient mobile gadgets.
- U.S. budget deal could usher in new era of cooperation
- GM to halt car production in Australia, industry in crisis
- BOJ tankan seen showing improved business mood, capex
- Bank Coop says will participate in U.S. tax probe
- GM's new president Ammann out to prove he is not a 'bean counter'
- U.S. fund industry sees modest wins in final Volcker rule |
- U.S. finalizes Volcker rule, curbing Wall Street's risky trades |
- GM shakes up auto industry men's club, naming first woman CEO |