SEOUL/NEW YORK - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd unveiled its Galaxy S8 flagship smartphone as it battles to regain the market leadership it lost to Apple Inc after the embarrassing withdrawal of the fire-prone Note 7s. | Video
Recent Technology News
Amazon.com Inc plans mass layoffs at its money-losing parenting products subsidiary Quidsi as part of a business restructuring, the company said in a document filed with the state of New Jersey on Wednesday. The e-commerce giant plans to terminate 263 employees in New Jersey this summer, according to a notice filed with the state's Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
WASHINGTON The U.S. Federal Communications Commission plans to reverse an Obama era decision that allowed it to approve companies to offer government-subsidized telecommunications services to low-income families, the agency's Republican head said on Wednesday.
BRUSSELS Europe's top court will begin a landmark case on Thursday which could determine whether luxury goods companies can stop retailers from selling their products via marketplaces such as Amazon or eBay.
BERLIN Labor leaders at Volkswagen's luxury Audi brand have asked top management to assign production of an all-electric model to the carmaker's main plant in Germany, concerned they might lose out as electric cars gain in importance.
ANKARA A Turkish court halted the activities of online travel agent Booking.com in a court case alleging the website had violated Turkish competition law, the Association of Turkish Travel Agencies (TURSAB) said on Wednesday.
- Energy, consumer shares lift S&P 500 to slight gain |
- Banks to London staff: no panic as Britain launches EU divorce process
- Ackman apologizes for Valeant losses, calls bet a mistake
- U.S. pending home sales surge to ten-month high ahead of spring
- Huge nuclear cost overruns push Toshiba's Westinghouse into bankruptcy |
- Clouds over Trump tax plan may curb appetite for U.S. stocks
- OPEC compliance with oil curbs rises in March as UAE joins cut: survey
- Other Akzo shareholders also want talks with PPG: Elliott Advisors