- Hackers who stole the personal data of about 4.5 million patients of hospital group Community Health Systems Inc broke into the company's computer system by exploiting the "Heartbleed" internet bug, making it the first known large-scale cyber attack using the flaw, according to a security expert.
Recent Technology News
WASHINGTON - Sprint Corp's cellular plan with more generous data allowances may fall short in overcoming defections by clients concerned about disruptions in the No. 3 cellular carrier's network, analysts say.
- The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation is investigating a report by a U.S. cybersecurity firm that it uncovered some 1.2 billion Internet logins and passwords amassed by a Russian crime ring, the largest known collection of such stolen data.
- Staples profit falls on lower sales of core office supplies
- Global stocks halt rally, BoE jolts UK markets |
- Canada's Couche-Tard makes short-list in $16 billion Sinopec unit sale: sources
- Citigroup seeks to exit Japanese retail banking : source
- Lowe's Cos quarterly sales rise 5.6 percent
- StanChart penalty a blow for Hong Kong as city looks to clean up image
- Argentina aims to skirt U.S. court, bring debt under national law
- Exclusive: Amid investor pressure, PetSmart says to explore sale
- Bank of England splits over rate hike for first time in three years
- NHTSA unveils new recall search tool