Facebook Inc's quarterly profit and revenue blew past Wall Street estimates on Wednesday, sending its shares to a record high, as the social media company's popular mobile app and push into video attracted new advertisers and encouraged existing ones to spend more.
Recent Technology News
WARSAW Chinese e-commerce group Alibaba , U.S. online retailer eBay Inc , and private equity firm CVC Capital Partners are among the bidders for Eastern Europe's No.1 auction website Allegro from South Africa's Naspers , sources said.
International Business Machines Corp said on Wednesday it would provide its technology and resources to help track the spread of the Zika virus.
STOCKHOLM YouTube video star PewDiePie's company made 70 million crowns ($8.1 million) profit in 2015, an annual report filed in Sweden showed, following controversy over payments for video game promotion.
Online lender Social Finance Inc is unlikely to seek a banking license because its fast growth and involvement in unorthodox activities like dating services would make it hard to win approval from regulators, according to its chief executive.
NEW YORK Comcast Corp reported a 5 percent drop in quarterly earnings on Wednesday, hurt by lower film division sales, but managed to beat Wall Street expectations due to growth in its business services and high-speed internet units.
- Fed leaves rates unchanged, says risks to outlook reduced
- SABMiller pauses AB InBev integration amid new offer
- Teva purchase of Allergan generics business gets OK with conditions
- U.S. durable goods orders data points to weak business spending
- Wall St. ends lower after Fed keeps rates unchanged
- Venezuela roils corporate profits around the globe
- Boeing posts lower-than-expected second-quarter loss, stock gains
- Czech cabinet approves investment deal with GE Aviation