DETROIT - From his laboratory at Pittsburgh's Carnegie Mellon University, automated vehicle pioneer Raj Rajkumar says self-driving cars will evolve step-by-step, with humans staying in charge for a long time to come.
Recent Technology News
NEW YORK - Gay and civil rights activists gathered in downtown Brooklyn on Thursday to condemn the prosecution of the chief executive officer and six employees of male escort website Rentboy.com for promoting prostitution.
BERLIN - Samsung Electronics said on Thursday it would make its next smartwatch technology available to its competitors who also use Google Inc's mobile platform Android, hoping to increase its share of the market, which is now dominated by Apple Inc .
WARSAW - Asseco Poland, Eastern Europe's largest software maker, has agreed to buy 61.4 percent of Portugal-based rival Exictos for 21.5 million euros ($24 million), strengthening its position in Africa, Asseco said on Thursday.
TOKYO - Japan Display Inc's new chief executive said on Thursday the screen maker's "biggest client", widely understood to refer to Apple Inc , is increasing orders ahead of the expected launch of a new iPhone this month.
COPENHAGEN - As it emerges from financial isolation, Iceland is trying to make a name for itself again, this time in the business of data centers -- warehouses that consume enormous amounts of energy to store the information of 3.2 billion internet users.
- Futures fall as investors nervous ahead of jobs data
- U.S. job gains seen solid in August, spotlight on Fed
- Brent crude oil slips towards $50 on demand concerns
- Japanese banks among bidders for GE's local finance unit: sources
- G20 weighs Fed hike, Chinese turmoil but unlikely to rock boat
- Investor flight from U.S. stocks fails to lift bond market
- Airbus orders reach 754 jets after August surge
- No BOJ easing needed in October if inflation expectations anchored: IMF
- Detroit Three show interest in UAW healthcare overhaul idea