TORONTO - BlackBerry Ltd posted a surprise quarterly profit on Friday and said it is pushing to end a slide in its revenue in this fiscal year, sending the stock up as much as 5.1 percent.
Recent Technology News
SEOUL - A $50 portable media player is providing many North Koreans a window to the outside world despite the government's efforts to keep its people isolated - a symbol of change in one of the world's most repressed societies. | Video
WILMINGTON, Del. - RadioShack Corp's rescue deal to keep 1,740 stores open was attacked on Thursday by the bankrupt retailer's top creditor, a failed bidder who called the auction a sham and sought a new sale.
SAN FRANCISCO - For the past month, the name most associated with venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers is former partner Ellen Pao, who took the firm to trial for gender discrimination and retaliation.
- Apple Inc Chief Executive Tim Cook is joining the roster of the very rich who are giving away their wealth.
- GameStop Corp's full-year profit forecast missed Wall Street expectations as the dollar strengthened and demand for new PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles failed to make up for falling sales of earlier versions.
- U.S. economic growth slows in fourth quarter; corporate profits fall
- Wall Street flat ahead of Yellen; biotechs bounce
- Oil down as Iran deal eyed; U.S. crude in for best week in four years
- U.S. Fed weighs insurers' proposal for new capital rules
- Global shares advance at end of down week, oil prices retreat
- Neither Grexit, nor Grexident. Euro and 'drachma' in parallel?
- Ford CEO Fields received $18.6 million in 2014 compensation
- Goldman climbs to top commodity bank ranking over JP Morgan
- Central banks call for lower capital requirements on top-quality pooled debt
- Brazilian police arrest another executive in Petrobras probe