- Microsoft Corp's Xbox Live was back up on Friday while Sony Corp's PlayStation Network remained offline for a second day after a hacker group claimed responsibility for attacking the two Internet gaming services. | Video
Recent Technology News
SEOUL - South Korea's nuclear operator and the energy ministry will keep emergency teams on stand-by to the end of this year in case of any cyberattacks on nuclear plants as threatened by a hacker.
NEW YORK/LOS ANGELES - "The Interview," the Sony Pictures film about a fictional plot to assassinate North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, opened in more than 300 movie theaters across the United States on Christmas Day, drawing many sell-out audiences and statements by patrons that they were championing freedom of expression. | Video
SEOUL - Global smartphone leader Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is planning a new product launch next year based on its own Tizen operating system, the South Korean giant's strategic push to free itself from Android and blaze its own software path.
CHICAGO - Facing a slump in the mail it had been delivering since the days of America's Revolutionary War, in 2012 the U.S. Postal Service began aggressively targeting e-commerce and lapsed customers as the way to salvage its declining business.
- Facebook Inc must face a class action lawsuit accusing it of violating its users' privacy by scanning the content of messages they send to other users for advertising purposes, a U.S. judge has ruled.
- Wall St. hits records in broad rally, volume light
- Oil declines in light trading, extending losses on weak U.S. data
- Shares rise in thin post-holiday trade; oil, natural gas slip
- MasterCard holiday spending report shows electronics weak, lodging strong
- Russia forecasts economic slump as bailed-out bank gets more funds |
- Japan inflation slows and output slips, keep BOJ under pressure
- Volkswagen's Audi aims to launch two electric vehicles by 2018: CEO
- Hyundai Motor promotes younger executives, with eye on succession planning
- Prosecutors raid LG headquarters over washing machine row with Samsung