BEIJING - Germany's BMG music rights company said on Monday it had signed a music digital distribution deal with China's Alibaba Group Holding Ltd , as the world's largest e-commerce firm firms up its bid to become a digital media empire.
Recent Technology News
BEIJING - An early investor in Chinese carpooling app Dida Pinche said he has held talks with U.S. ride-hailing app Uber Technologies Inc to help grow Dida in a market 99 percent controlled by Didi Dache and Kuaidi Dache.
SYDNEY - Australian Treasurer Joe Hockey hinted on Monday at changes that could force digital companies like Apple Inc, Google Inc, Alibaba Group Holding and Uber to pay more tax on transactions that take place in Australia.
SAKAI, Japan - Loss-making Japanese electronics firm Sharp Corp said it plans to keep making solar cell products at a high-tech factory in western Japan, dismissing talk it may sell or exit the unprofitable business as it seeks backing from lenders for plans to revive the company.
NEW YORK - U.S. coding site GitHub said on Sunday it was deflecting most of the traffic from a days-long cyber attack that had caused intermittent outages for the social coding site, with the Wall Street Journal citing China as the source of the attack.
SAN FRANCISCO - To some Silicon Valley watchers, the Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers gender discrimination case became a referendum on the challenging state of women in technology. But for the lone woman in technology on the jury, an at times unfriendly workplace did not amount to gender discrimination at the powerful venture capital firm.
- U.S. consumer spending rises modestly; savings at two-year high
- UnitedHealth to buy pharmacy benefit firm Catamaran for $12.8 billion
- Stock futures point to higher open on M&A activity
- Exclusive: Fidelity moves to end DuPont proxy battle-sources
- Oil prices drop on possible Iran deal, dollar
- Reuters Poll: Oil prices to stabilize as demand rises
- Dufry details $4 billion fundraising plan for WDF buy
- Former JP Morgan banker to head Barclays' UK ECM team - source
- Soros says ready to invest $1 billion in Ukraine if West helps
- GM's Cadillac CT6 tests strategy for taking fat out of big cars