STANFORD, Calif - Facebook Inc Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg re-emerged in public on Tuesday after the accidental death of her husband last week, offering a personal tribute to him in a Silicon Valley memorial service and on her Facebook page.
Recent Technology News
- Shares of Salesforce.com Inc jumped as much as 6.4 percent on Tuesday after a Bloomberg report that Microsoft Corp was evaluating a bid for the cloud software provider.
BRUSSELS - The European Union will announce a wide-ranging probe on Wednesday into how big technology companies such as Google , Amazon and Facebook use their market power as it considers whether to regulate them more tightly.
- Video game publisher Electronic Arts Inc, known for titles such as "FIFA" and "Madden NFL", posted better-than-expected quarterly earnings and revenue on Tuesday, helped by strong digital sales and the release of "Battlefield Hardline".
- Nvidia Corp said it would wind down its Icera modem operations, and was open to a sale of the technology or operations.
NEW YORK - Fourteen U.S. and Canadian cancer institutes will use International Business Machines Corp's Watson computer system to choose therapies based on a tumor's genetic fingerprints, the company said on Tuesday, the latest step toward bringing personalized cancer treatments to more patients.
- Asian stocks at two-week lows as bond woes spread, dollar slips
- JPMorgan in advanced talks to settle forex investigation
- U.S. trade data points to first-quarter economic contraction
- DoubleLine's Gundlach sees no Fed rate increase in 2015
- News Corp quarterly revenue falls on currency, lower ad sales
- Netflix asks FCC to reject AT&T-DirecTV merger unless changes made
- Disney revenue gets lift from theme parks, TV networks |