SAN FRANCISCO - Venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byer has agreed to invest in fast-growing messaging startup Snapchat at a valuation close to $10 billion, the Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday, citing people with knowledge of the matter.
Recent Technology News
BEIJING - China's privately-held Dalian Wanda Group is set to launch a 5 billion yuan ($813 million) e-commerce joint venture with domestic internet giants Tencent Holdings Ltd and Baidu Inc, according to two sources familiar with the investment.
- RadioShack Corp's second-largest shareholder, Standard General LP, is negotiating a rescue package with investors to help the consumer electronics retailer ward off bankruptcy, Bloomberg reported, citing people with knowledge of the matter.
- ECB speculation weighs on euro, yields; stocks buoyant
- Buffett puts shareholders ahead of patriotism in Canadian deal
- GM ignition-switch fund receives claims for more than 100 deaths
- S&P 500 scores first close above 2,000; data helps |
- After disasters, stricken Malaysia Airlines staff brace for job cuts
- U.S. readies duties on Mexican sugar in win for sugar lobby
- Burger King to buy Canada's Tim Hortons for $11.5 billion |