BEIJING - Zhang Long made his fortune selling Pu'er fermented tea and handcrafted furniture from the mountains of his native Yunnan Province in southwest China.
Recent Technology News
BRUSSELS - The European Union will announce a wide-ranging probe on Wednesday into how big technology companies such as Google , Amazon and Facebook use their market power as it considers whether to regulate them more tightly.
- Video game publisher Electronic Arts Inc, known for titles such as "FIFA" and "Madden NFL", posted better-than-expected quarterly earnings and revenue on Tuesday, helped by strong digital sales and the release of "Battlefield Hardline".
- Nvidia Corp said it would wind down its Icera modem operations, and was open to a sale of the technology or operations.
NEW YORK - Fourteen U.S. and Canadian cancer institutes will use International Business Machines Corp's Watson computer system to choose therapies based on a tumor's genetic fingerprints, the company said on Tuesday, the latest step toward bringing personalized cancer treatments to more patients.
WASHINGTON - Netflix Inc has urged the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to reject the pending $48 billion merger of AT&T Inc and DirecTV unless its concerns about the deal are addressed.
- Slump in bonds spooks stock markets, commodities surge
- JPMorgan in advanced talks to settle forex investigation
- U.S. trade data points to first-quarter economic contraction
- DoubleLine's Gundlach sees no Fed rate increase in 2015
- News Corp quarterly revenue falls on currency, lower ad sales
- Disney revenue gets lift from theme parks, TV networks |
- Food companies face questions on cost-cutting