TOKYO - Japan's Sony Corp reported a second-quarter operating loss on Friday that was narrower than analysts had estimated, as blockbuster sales of its PlayStation 4 games console reduced the impact of a sluggish smartphone division.
Recent Technology News
MUNICH/LONDON - Siemens is likely to pick EQT [EQT.UL] next week to buy its hearing aids unit for about 2 billion euros ($2.5 billion), two sources familiar with the matter said.
TOKYO - Panasonic Corp raised its full-year operating profit outlook by 13 percent and returned to a net cash positive position for the first time in five years after a drastic restructuring chopped unprofitable product lines in smartphones, plasma TVs and semiconductor chips.
- Futures rally after BOJ ramps up stimulus
- Wal-Mart to expand discounts as retail price war heats up
- Fed's Williams: inflation targets work, but room for improvement
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows
- BNP shakes off impact of U.S. fine, returns to profit |
- Citigroup sets aside $600 million more to cover legal costs
- Euro zone inflation slightly higher in October
- Continental AG CEO says Audi recall no threat to guidance
- Monte Paschi, Carige to present recovery plans soon: Bank of Italy
- Starbucks Americas sales disappoint on softer traffic