- Dell Inc is planning to use equity in cloud software company VMware Inc to help pay for its acquisition of EMC Corp in a deal valuing the data storage company at more than $55 billion, according to people familiar with the matter.
Recent Technology News
- Some of Google Inc's services, including Drive and Docs, which were facing disruptions for a few hours on Friday have been resolved, the company said.
NEW YORK - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd has been cleared on its use of graphics chip technology owned by Nvidia Corp without permission, in a U.S. International Trade Commission ruling on Friday.
SAN FRANCISCO - Computer science has for the first time become the most popular major for female students at Stanford University, a hopeful sign for those trying to build up the thin ranks of women in the technology field.
- World No. 1 chipmaker Intel Corp will be given the go-ahead from the EU for its $16.7 billion bid for Altera Corp , its largest ever deal, two people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
AMSTERDAM - After its rapid ride to dominance in online travel in Europe over the past decade, Booking.com is seeking to expand in China and the U.S., its CEO said in an interview.
- Exclusive: GE nears deal to sell over $30 billion of loans to Wells Fargo - source
- Fear and respect: VW's culture under Winterkorn
- JPMorgan again wins dismissal of whistleblower lawsuit in U.S
- Banks take spotlight as earnings season heats up |
- Mexico expects first results in Volkswagen probe in three months
- UAW leaders send Fiat Chrysler pact to workers for vote
- Bombardier in talks with North American airlines on CSeries jet orders
- China concerns leave central banks in difficult spot