BEIJING/SHANGHAI - Alibaba Group Holding Ltd's shares fell more than 10 percent early on Thursday, wiping more than $25 billion of market value after third quarter revenue at the Chinese internet giant fell short of analysts' expectations. | Video
Recent Technology News
SHANGHAI/BEIJING - A Chinese regulator's report that criticized Alibaba Group Holding Ltd for failing to do enough to stamp out illegal business on its platforms was flawed and the company is preparing a formal complaint, Executive Vice Chairman Joe Tsai said on Thursday.
SHANGHAI - Apple Inc has taken the number one luxury gifting spot in China from designer goods maker Hermes International SCA, according to a Hurun luxury report on Thursday, reflecting the iPhone maker's recent hot streak in the country.
SAN FRANCISCO - Facebook Inc's revenue grew 49 percent in the fourth quarter, as mobile advertising growth helped the world's largest Internet social network beat Wall Street's targets for earnings and sales.
SEOUL - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is closer to losing its crown as global smartphone leader after posting a plunge in quarterly mobile earnings on Thursday, a day after rival Apple Inc reported the biggest profit in corporate history. | Video
NEW YORK - Time Warner's TWX.N HBO is preparing to sell a standalone service over the Internet for the first time, in one of the most closely watched moves in pay TV history. Yet the road to the launch has been far from an easy one - marked by changes in strategy, deadlines, and the departure of its chief technology officer along with two of his lieutenants.
- Wall St. dips in choppy trading after two-day losses
- U.S. jobless claims drop sharply to near 15-year low
- U.S. pending home sales drop more than expected in December
- Time Warner Cable loses fewer video subscribers
- Conoco, Occidental slash 2015 budgets amid crude price collapse
- Conoco has quarterly loss, cuts capex again on oil slide
- Blackstone seeks energy investments as fourth-quarter profit falls
- Ford profit beats estimates, but European outlook worsens
- Dow Chemical profit beats Street estimate as farm margins jump