MUMBAI - Facebook Inc plans to scale up its service to offer free basic Internet on mobile phones, an executive said, after introducing the application in 17 developing countries over the past year.
Recent Technology News
LONDON - One of the founders of trading venue Chi-X Europe is joining the race to bring "blockchain" technology, the system that tracks and identifies transactions in digital-currency bitcoin, to the wider financial world.
LONDON - Online gambling firm GVC Holdings returned on Monday with a new 1 billion-pound ($1.55 billion) bid for rival Bwin.party Digital Entertainment , looking to trump a recently accepted offer from 888 .
TOKYO - Japan's Canon Inc cut its earnings outlook for the full year and reported a 16 percent fall in quarterly profit as consumers, increasingly in the habit of taking photos with their smartphones, bought fewer compact digital cameras.
FRANKFURT - German carmaker Daimler is planning to test self-driving trucks as early as this year, executive board member Wolfgang Bernhard told a German newspaper.
TEL AVIV - Facebook marketing partner Bidalgo targets a tripling in sales in 2015 as its new technology to automate the process of making personalized online video advertising benefits from Facebook's growing share of the video market.
- Wall St. set to open higher ahead of Fed meeting
- U.S. home price growth stalls in May: S&P/Case-Shiller
- Ford easily tops expectations on 2nd-qtr profit
- Pfizer's revenue, profit beat as vaccine sales rise
- Honeywell to buy Melrose's Elster business for $5.1 billion
- As Fed approaches rate hike, job growth shifts away from oil patch
- Hikma to buy Boehringer's U.S. generics unit for $2.65 billion
- BP profits slump after huge oil spill charge
- EU/IMF mission chiefs to arrive in Greece for bailout talks on Wednesday
- VW overtakes Toyota as world's biggest carmaker