NEW YORK - Charter Communications Inc executives are exploring whether to launch an online video service as part of its combination with larger rival Time Warner Cable Inc, in what would be an unprecedented move in the cable industry.
Recent Technology News
RANCHOS PALOS VERDES, Calif - CBS Corp CEO Leslie Moonves met with Apple Inc last week to discuss a TV deal, he said at a technology conference Wednesday, and that discussions and negotiations for such a deal are ongoing.
WASHINGTON - The top U.S. telecommunications regulator wants to make it harder for telemarketers and other businesses to place unwanted robocalls and text messages under changes to autodialing rules proposed on Wednesday.
- Avago Technologies Ltd is close to an agreement to acquire fellow chipmaker Broadcom Corp, people familiar with the matter said on Wednesday, in a deal that could boost Avago's clientele of top-tier smartphone companies.
SAN FRANCISCO - Wearable fitness tracking device maker Fitbit Inc is being accused by rival Jawbone of attempting to steal core confidential data about Jawbone's business, according to a lawsuit filed on Wednesday.
- The cost of data breaches is rising for companies around the world as sophisticated thieves target valuable financial and medical records, according to a study released on Wednesday.
- Asian shares up on Greek rescue hopes, dollar shines
- Japan April retail sales rebound, ease pressure on BOJ
- EU officials dismiss Greek statement on aid agreement being drafted
- With 'attitude shift', Takata moves from denial to compromise in air bag crisis
- U.S. judge puts GM ignition-switch suits on ice, for now
- EU outlines plans to make multinationals pay their share of tax
- JPMorgan CEO faults company and shareholders for disagreements
- Michael Kors posts slowest revenue growth since going public |
- Tiffany's sales, profit beat on higher tourist spending in Europe