BEIJING/SHANGHAI - Uber Technologies Inc's China arm has closed its $1 billion fundraising round early, according to two people with knowledge of the matter, with investors still hopeful for the U.S.-based ride service despite strong domestic competition.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple Inc on Thursday invited journalists to a Sept. 9 event, where it is expected to unveil new iPhones and potentially a new version of its Apple TV set-top box.
- GameStop Corp said it expected robust revenue growth in the second half, helped by a strong slate of video game releases and growth in its mobile and consumer electronics businesses.
WASHINGTON - Britain's Inmarsat Plc said Friday's expected launch of its third Global Xpress satellite will allow it to offer mobile broadband service to customers in the remotest regions, giving airline passengers the ability to stream movies and update social media on flights worldwide.
- Britain's largest music copyright collective PRS for Music has sued SoundCloud for copyright infringement, saying the online audio-streaming firm did not agree on a licensing deal, the Financial Times reported.
- Autodesk Inc, the maker of computer-aided design (CAD) software, cut its full-year profit and revenue forecast for the second time this year, sending its shares down 7 percent.
- Asia extends stocks rally as U.S. GDP data calms nerves
- China jitters, globalization bode ill for Fed's inflation goal
- Oil steadies after strong gains as equities rally
- U.S. retailers prod China for lower prices after devaluation
- U.S. second-quarter GDP growth revised sharply higher to 3.7 percent |
- VW Finance sees boost from China reserves policy move
- Ackman's hedge fund down 13.1 percent for August
- McDonald's, Tyson Foods drop farm after videotape shows animal cruelty