BEIJING A Google artificial intelligence program defeated a Chinese grand master at the ancient board game Go on Tuesday, a major feather in the cap for the firm's AI ambitions as it looks to woo Beijing to gain re-entry into the country.
Recent Technology News
NEW DELHI Apple Inc wants to expand its contract manufacturer's facility in the southern Indian tech hub of Bengaluru, a federal minister said on Tuesday, as the iPhone maker seeks a bigger share in one of the world's biggest smartphone markets.
SHANGHAI China has published draft guidelines to regulate the booming bicycle-sharing industry whose firms have raised hundreds of millions in dollars in funding but have cluttered up sidewalks with bikes.
MUMBAI Indian digital payments firm Paytm, which is backed by Asian technology giants SoftBank Corp and Alibaba Group Holding, launched a niche bank on Tuesday, part of a plan to more than double its customer base to 500 million in the next three years.
SAN FRANCISCO Cyber security firm Symantec Corp said on Monday it was "highly likely" a hacking group affiliated with North Korea was behind the WannaCry cyber attack this month that infected more than 300,000 computers worldwide and disrupted hospitals, banks and schools across the globe.
UNITED NATIONS United Nations experts investigating violations of sanctions on North Korea have suffered a "sustained" cyber attack by unknown hackers with "very detailed insight" into their work, according to an email warning seen by Reuters on Monday.
- Wavering risk appetite after Manchester blast weighs on sterling, Asia stocks, lifts yen
- Trump seeks to slash government spending in budget plan
- U.S. plan to sell oil reserves undermines OPEC supply management efforts
- PPG CEO says remains interested in 'consensual' deal with Akzo
- Ford names Hackett as CEO to tackle car rivals, Silicon Valley |
- GM to cut 600 South Africa jobs by July as it pulls out of country
- Exclusive: U.S., Japanese firms collaborating on new missile defense radars - sources
- Trial over RBS 2008 cash call faces further delay amid settlement talks