Tesla Inc , the California-based electric carmaker, said Chinese tech giant Tencent Holdings Ltd acquired a 5 percent stake for $1.78 billion.
Recent Technology News
NEW YORK Industrious, the second-biggest U.S. coworking firm by number of locations, said on Tuesday it acquired a search website for spare office space and raised $25 million in fresh funds as investors bet the shared-office industry grows and goes mainstream.
COPENHAGEN Ride-hailing group Uber Technologies [UBER.UL] will withdraw services in Denmark next month due to a taxi law that sets out new requirements for drivers such as mandatory fare meters, the company said on Tuesday.
LONDON Artificial intelligence (AI) will become the primary way banks interact with their customers within the next three years, according to three quarters of bankers surveyed by consultancy Accenture in a new report.
SAN FRANCISCO Square Inc, the payments company led by Twitter Inc Chief Executive Jack Dorsey, has launched in the United Kingdom in its first European foray.
STOCKHOLM An attempt by Ericsson's new chief executive to lay out his strategy for the Swedish telecoms equipment maker backfired on Tuesday when it exposed problems related to some of its main contracts.
- Dow on track to snap eight-day losing streak as banks gain
- U.S. consumers most confident since 2000
- Einhorn's Greenlight Capital urges GM to create two share classes
- Trump tweets, then Ford announces investment in three Michigan plants
- Toshiba's Westinghouse to file for U.S. bankruptcy Tuesday: sources
- Home prices rise faster than expected in January
- Aramco tax cut lifts company's value by $1 trillion, analyst estimates
- Rule volatility as Brexit countdown unsettles sterling