Recent Technology News
TOKYO - The Innovation Network Corp of Japan, a government-backed fund that has rescued loss-making electronics companies, is open to discussing a possible investment in Sharp Corp if the company seeks help, INCJ's president said on Tuesday.
BEIJING/TAIPEI - Chinese state-backed technology conglomerate Tsinghua Unigroup has hired Charles Kau, the chief of Micron Technology Inc's Taiwanese joint venture, as its global executive vice president, a person familiar with the matter said.
- Website optimization company Optimizely said it raised $58 million in Series C funding, bringing its total funding to $146 million.
FRANKFURT - Germany's Axel Springer has banned readers who use adblockers from its Bild tabloid website, stepping up a fight by publishers to stop online advertising revenues being eroded.
FRANKFURT - Europe's biggest software maker SAP reported a 19 percent rise in third-quarter operating profit on Tuesday, surprising markets by bringing forward its forecast-beating results by a week.
- Wall St. opens lower after weak China trade data
- GE to sell $30 billion specialty finance business to Wells Fargo
- AB InBev, SABMiller brew up $100 billion deal
- VW to cut investment in core brand to cope with scandal
- Oil falls after bearish IEA report
- China economic picture remains cloudy as September export fall eases, imports slump |