SHANGHAI - China's e-commerce giant, Alibaba Group, has been fined 800,000 yuan ($129,000) by the price bureau in eastern Zhejiang province for violations by third-party sellers during promotions on its e-commerce platforms.
Recent Technology News
- Financial technology company SunGard Data Systems Inc is preparing to appoint financial advisers to explore a sale that could value it at as much as $10 billion, including debt, people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
FRANKFURT - Start small, win quick, then move on to bigger issues.
SAN FRANCISCO - Microsoft Corp on Friday unveiled a long-awaited suite of touch-friendly Office apps that allow Windows phone users to work on Word, PowerPoint and Excel documents on their phones with touch commands and to transfer them easily between devices.
BRUSSELS - Internet platforms such as Google, Microsoft and Yahoo! will be the subject of a widespread inquiry by European regulators to determine whether they are transparent enough in how they display search results.
NEW YORK - U.S. regulators on Friday voted to open a swath of government-controlled airwaves for commercial use by tech and telecom companies such as Verizon Communications Inc and Google Inc as they seek to meet growing data demands from new wireless devices.
- Asia shares sluggish in early trade, China stimulus in focus
- China makes big cut in bank reserve requirement to fight slowdown
- For short-sellers in U.S. stocks, the agony just piles on
- Another crunch week in Greek bailout saga
- Shanghai GM to spend $16 billion developing new vehicles
- Comcast, Time Warner Cable to meet DoJ officials over merger: WSJ
- Some banks tried to renege on deals after SNB's policy U-turn: Bloomberg
- Greece's Varoufakis warns of Grexit contagion
- Japan, U.S. report progress on trade talks, though Tokyo stands tough on rice
- Toyota to launch two hybrid cars in China this year