SAN FRANCISCO - Apple Inc posted a better-than-expected 12 percent jump in revenue after its best new-iPhone launch on record helped push sales of the smartphone to 39.27 million in the September quarter.
Recent Technology News
- IBM Corp said it would hive off its loss-making semiconductor unit to contract-chipmaker Globalfoundries Inc to focus on cloud computing and big data analytics.
FRANKFURT - German software maker SAP cut its 2014 operating profit forecast on Monday as customers shifted faster than expected to products delivered over the Internet, delaying when those orders can be booked as sales. | Video
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM
- Valeant says may raise Allergan bid; beats on profit
- Top Allergan holder Paulson urges deal with Shire: sources
- UPS says U.S. rates to rise 4.9 percent as of December 29
- Deaths linked to GM ignition-switch defect rise to 29
- SunEdison shares rise on report of Einhorn recommendation
- Toyota recalls 247,000 vehicles in U.S. over Takata air bags
- U.S. risks trade sanctions in WTO meat label dispute