LONDON Uber's [UBER.UL] new boss Dara Khosrowshahi apologized to Londoners for the taxi app's mistakes and pledged to make changes as the Silicon Valley firm tries to overturn a decision to strip it of its license in one of its major markets.
Recent Technology News
German automaker Daimler AG's trucks division said it would test on U.S. roads a new technology called "platooning", which allows large digitally-connected trucks to save fuel by driving close to each other in a row.
WASHINGTON Internet giants, including Alphabet's Google and Facebook , are moving to compromise on several major policy issues as they adjust to an abrupt shift in the political winds in Washington.
SINGAPORE Online retailer Lazada Group said it will sell select items from Alibaba Group Holding Ltd's Taobao marketplace in three more countries in Southeast Asia, expanding the partnership between the two e-commerce firms.
The main listed unit of Chinese technology conglomerate LeEco said on Sunday that it plans to buy investment and financial service assets from an affiliate for up to 3 billion yuan ($455.24 million) as part of a restructuring exercise.
LONDON British food delivery company Deliveroo has raised $385 million in private funding, it said on Sunday, as it prepares for expansion to help it compete with publicly traded rivals such as Delivery Hero and Just Eat.
- Nets welcomes $5.3 billion takeover bid by Hellman & Friedman
- Wall St. falls on North Korea warnings, tech selloff
- Fed needs to see prices rise before next rate hike, Evans says
- Dudley sees Fed rate hikes; inflation weakness 'fading'
- ABB buys GE business for $2.6 billion in bet it can boost margins
- Exclusive: Toshiba tells banks chip deal delayed as Apple yet to approve
- Target raises minimum hourly wage to $11, pledges $15 by end of 2020
- AIG to restructure into three new units, marking CEO's first big move
- Ex-HSBC currency chief's motives debated as U.S. fraud trial starts