WASHINGTON - A U.S. appeals court on Friday threw out a judge's ruling that would have blocked the National Security Agency from collecting phone metadata if it had gone into effect.
Recent Technology News
BEIJING/SHANGHAI - Uber Technologies Inc's China arm has closed its $1 billion fundraising round early, according to two people with knowledge of the matter, with investors still hopeful for the U.S.-based ride service despite strong domestic competition.
WASHINGTON/BEIJING - The chairman of China's Tsinghua Unigroup traveled to the United States this week to meet with board members of Micron Technology and try to revive a politically fraught takeover bid of the U.S. chipmaker, people familiar with the matter said.
HELSINKI - Finnish telecom equipment maker Nokia said it had agreed to create a Chinese joint venture with Huaxin in a move that could pave the way for China's approval for Nokia's proposed takeover of Alcatel-Lucent .
TAIPEI - Iphone assembler Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd will buy a 21 percent stake in Siliconware Precision Industries Co Ltd (SPIL), both firms said on Friday, days after another Taiwan-based Apple Inc supplier also said it wanted to buy into the chip packaging firm.
LONDON - Thousands of Britons failed to receive their wages on Friday when a problem at Europe's biggest bank HSBC prevented some of its business customers from making payments.
- Wall Street opens lower as investors wary after hectic week
- Consumer spending rises in July; inflation muted
- Fed officials pushing for rate hike unfazed by market turmoil
- U.S. funds cut recommended global equity exposure again: Reuters poll
- Global funds buy more bonds as China-fueled volatility surges: Reuters poll
- BNY Mellon glitch disrupted pricing on nearly 5 percent of U.S. funds
- U.S. consumer sentiment falls in August
- Exclusive: Arab OPEC producers brace for oil-price weakness for rest of 2015
- China banks warn of rising bad loans and falling margins as economy slows
- Prosecutor seeks to summon Murdoch in Deutsche Bank trial