NEW YORK Digital currency bitcoin on Friday averted a split into two currencies after its network supported an upgrade to its software that would enhance its ability to process an increasing number of transactions.
Recent Technology News
The U.S. government on Thursday dealt Arista Networks Inc a loss in its technology dispute with Cisco Systems Inc and refused to set aside an order blocking importation of some of Arista's network switches.
Private equity firms Blackstone and CVC Capital Partners [CVC.UL] joined a rush to snap up payments companies on Friday with a 2.9 billion pound ($3.7 billion) bid for Paysafe Group.
PARIS French fashion brand Louis Vuitton, part of luxury giant LVMH , said on Friday it had launched an e-commerce website in China to tap a booming online shopping market.
LONDON Vodafone, the world's second largest mobile operator, reported better-than-expected 2.2 percent revenue growth in its first quarter, reflecting a robust performance in Italy and Spain and an acceleration in demand in Turkey.
LONDON A 14 billion pound ($18 billion) class action lawsuit against MasterCard for allegedly overcharging more than 45 million people in Britain over a 16-year period was blocked by a British court on Friday.
- Democrats in U.S. Congress urge review of Amazon's Whole Foods deal
- Small-cap rally could shrink on earnings, tax reform hurdles
- U.S. fines American, Delta, Frontier for consumer rule violations
- Ford to petition to avoid U.S. recall of 2.5 million vehicles
- GE shares fall as profit slumps, investors await new CEO's targets |
- Deutsche Bank, JPMorgan to pay $148 million to end yen Libor cases in U.S.
- Wells Fargo ordered to pay $575,000, reinstate whistleblower
- India to quiz Philip Morris on marketing of Marlboro
- Exclusive: U.S. weighs financial sanctions to hit Venezuela's oil revenue - sources
- Crimean scandal prompts Siemens to retreat from Russian energy |