BEIJING - Apple Inc Chief Executive Tim Cook was quoted on Friday as saying he had "very open" talks on privacy and security with a senior Chinese official, days after a web monitoring group linked the government to a hack into Apple's iCloud service in China.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - Google Inc is expanding its artificial intelligence initiative, hiring more than half a dozen leading academics and experts in the field and announcing a partnership with Oxford University to "accelerate" its efforts.
- Apple Inc said on Thursday it is studying options for sapphire supply and might work again with GT Advanced Technologies Inc if the distressed supplier can reduce production costs for the scratch-resistant material.
- Wall St. opens flat as Microsoft offsets Amazon
- Ford's lower profit beats estimates; sales down on F-150 launch
- UPS CEO: firm is ready for peak season challenges
- P&G to exit Duracell battery business
- Pfizer's $11 billion buyback plan deflates AstraZeneca bid hopes
- Stagnating euro zone seeks German shift
- Asia economic growth to languish as China slows: poll
- Specter of no-inflation world looms over Fed's return to normal
- Special Report: Why Madrid's poor fear Goldman Sachs and Blackstone