FRANKFURT - German carmaker BMW said on Thursday its talks with technology giant Apple did not involve developing or building a car, denying a German magazine report.
Recent Technology News
BRUSSELS - France and Luxembourg lost their battle to apply reduced VAT rates to ebooks on Thursday when a top European court agreed with EU regulators that only paper books qualified for lower taxes.
BEIJING - China's Huawei Technologies Co Ltd [HWT.UL] and Intel Corp are expanding an existing alliance to provide cloud computing to global telecoms carriers, as U.S. tech firms vie for Chinese tie-ups to retain access to a tough mainland market.
DETROIT - Self-driving cars could generate billions of dollars a year in revenue from mobile internet services and products, even if occupants spend only a fraction of their free time on the web, according to a new study by McKinsey & Company.
BEIJING - China will back e-commerce development and guide international expansion by Chinese internet companies, Premier Li Keqiang said on Thursday, in an endorsement for firms such as Alibaba Group Holding Ltd and JD.com Inc .
BERLIN - Germany's Continental AG would be interested in acting as partner for technology giant Apple should the U.S. company decide to build a car, Chief Executive Elmar Degenhart said.
- U.S. jobless claims rise; fourth-quarter productivity revised down
- AbbVie boosts cancer drug pipeline with $21 billion Pharmacyclics deal
- Costco's quarterly profit tops estimates on tax benefit
- ECB raises growth forecasts, to start printing money next week |
- Wall St. to open slightly higher after two-day fall
- Greece cannot rely on ECB to dodge funding crunch
- Citigroup's past losses may have helped it win Costco business
- China signals 'new normal' with higher spending, lower growth target |
- Brent tops $61 as Iraq, Libya offset U.S. stockpile jump
- Kleiner ex-partner Pao to testify in own Silicon Valley bias case