SEOUL/JAKARTA - South Korea's pioneering mobile messaging apps have taken their oversized emoticons to Indonesia, intent on breaking the dominance of BlackBerry Ltd's BBM messaging service in one of the world's most active social media markets.
Recent Technology News
- AT&T Inc said on Saturday it is cutting wireless data charges for individual customers who have no annual service contract, as the No. 2 U.S. mobile operator attempts to better compete with rival T-Mobile US Inc.
NEW YORK - A New York businessman must face criminal fraud charges for trying to claim a billion-dollar stake in social media company Facebook Inc, a federal judge ruled on Friday.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's telecommunications watchdog unveiled a slew of regulations on Friday to claw back the massive telephone business of billionaire Carlos Slim, but said it would not order a break-up of his companies for now.
LONDON - Amazon's tax affairs could come under more scrutiny in Britain, tax experts said, after a judge questioned whether it really was organized in the tax efficient way it said it was.
SAN FRANCISCO - A few days after selling WhatsApp to Facebook for $19 billion, Jan Koum stepped into a suite at the St. Regis Hotel in San Francisco to celebrate with old friends, including CEOs, reformed hackers and a few people who fell into both those camps.
- Asian stocks slump on disappointing China trade data, Ukraine crisis
- Ackman outspent by Herbalife in lobbying battle
- Norwegian Air expecting delay on Boeing 787s to be a few weeks-report
- Five years from U.S. stock market's low, it's joy versus worry
- U.S. public pensions need more than investment windfall
- Weak trial witnesses hinder a more aggressive SEC
- BOJ to maintain stimulus; exports seen as a concern
- U.S. judge says RBC liable in Rural/Metro buyout case
- Competitiveness matters more than euro strength: French finance minister
- China February exports tumble unexpectedly, heighten slowdown fears