SAN FRANCISCO - Microsoft Corp has sold more than 2 million Xbox One video game consoles since its November 22 launch, catching up with rival Sony Corp's PlayStation 4 released a week earlier.
Recent Technology News
NEW YORK - Cisco Systems Inc Chief Executive John Chambers is facing growing pressure from investors to exit its television set-top box business, where revenue has been plummeting and profit margins trail the rest of the company.
MILAN - Italy's market watchdog Consob is likely to fine Telecom Italia for procedural irregularities over the sale of a 1.3 billion euro ($1.79 billion) convertible bond to Telefonica and other investors, legal sources familiar with the matter said.
LUXEMBOURG - Microsoft fended off a challenge to its $8.5 billion takeover of messaging service Skype when Europe's second-highest court ruled against claims by rival Cisco that the 2011 deal would harm competition.
SHANGHAI - The price gap between bitcoins trading in Chinese yuan and those sold for other currencies has evaporated in recent days, highlighting the porous nature of China's capital controls.
NAIROBI - East Africa's biggest economies have launched an integrated real-time cross-border payments system designed to remove bottlenecks to business and bolster intra-regional trade, Kenya's central bank said on Wednesday.
- Wall St. falls as budget deal sets off Fed taper worry
- JPMorgan's Dimon upbeat about budget deal, economy
- Key witness against SAC's Steinberg finishes testimony
- Peugeot board approves outline Dongfeng deal: source
- Higher operating expenses pinch Costco profit
- GM doesn't owe $450 million in retiree benefits, U.S. judge rules
- RBS to pay $100 million in U.S. sanctions probe
- U.S. budget deal lowers risk of damage to creditworthiness: Fitch |
- Wall Street willing to offer Freedom Group more debt: sources