NEW YORK Verizon Communications Inc said on Monday it would buy Yahoo Inc's core internet properties for $4.83 billion in cash to expand its digital advertising and media business, ending a protracted sale process for the fading Web pioneer. | Video
Recent Technology News
RIO DE JANEIRO The judge overseeing the probe that led to the arrest last week of suspected Islamist militants in Brazil said Facebook Inc. and Twitter Inc. co-operated with investigators by providing information about the suspects' use of both social networks.
BANGKOK Thai student protesters will use social media tools, from Facebook to Japanese messaging app Line, to persuade voters to reject a military-backed draft constitution, some of the activists said on Monday.
SAN DIEGO, Calif. The creator of the wildly popular Pokemon Go gaming app received the celebrity treatment on Sunday at the final day of San Diego's annual Comic-Con, as he discussed the viral popularity and future of the game.
HONG KONG Huawei Technologies Co Ltd [HWT.UL], one of the world's largest telecoms equipment makers, on Monday posted a 40 percent rise in first-half sales revenue and said it would "maintain current momentum" this year.
- Wall Street slips from record levels on weak oil prices
- EU working with consumer groups to pressure Volkswagen for compensation
- Buyout funds eye alliances for SABMiller's Pilsner, east Europe brands
- Fiat Chrysler review shows U.S. sales figures were inflated: report
- G20 will use 'all policy tools' to lift growth as Brexit weighs
- SunEdison unit TerraForm Power adopts poison pill
- China Vanke tussle is big test for new securities regulator