NEW YORK/MEXICO CITY - America Movil, Latin America's biggest telecoms company, will move quickly to put an "attractive" cross-section of the company up for sale as it sheds assets to escape tougher regulation of the phone and broadcasting markets in Mexico, billionaire owner Carlos Slim said.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO/SEATTLE - Improved demand for personal computers after years of declines may not last as emerging markets remain weak and recent corporate upgrades in the United States and Europe may prove fleeting.
- U.S. Federal Communications Commission on Friday voted along party lines to begin to transition E-Rate, the largest U.S. educational technology subsidy program, to focus on high-speed Internet and increasingly on Wi-Fi in the next few years.
- Fed fears risks posed by exit tools; plan almost done
- Wall St. edges up; indexes post losses for week
- Exclusive: Mylan near multibillion-dollar deal for Abbott drug assets - sources
- Former Macau partner sues Las Vegas Sands for $5 bln
- Wells Fargo mortgage revenue drops, shares fall |
- Argentines, bond holdouts seen emerging from NY meeting: witness
- Lyft's NYC launch of ride-sharing service hits roadblock
- GM's Cadillac at a crossroads - again