BEIJING A Google artificial intelligence program defeated a Chinese grand master at the ancient board game Go on Tuesday, a major feather in the cap for the firm's AI ambitions as it looks to woo Beijing to gain re-entry into the country.
Recent Technology News
Take-Two Interactive Software Inc on Tuesday forecast full-year revenue well below analysts' estimates as it pushed out the launch of its highly anticipated Western action-adventure "Red Dead" videogame to spring 2018 from fall 2017.
FRANKFURT China's Huawei [HWT.UL] has narrowed the gap with its two biggest competitors Apple Inc. and Samsung Electronics in global smartphone sales, first-quarter data from research firm Gartner showed on Tuesday.
TAIPEI China's embattled LeEco aims to cut its U.S. workforce to around 60 people from about 500 earlier this year, as the Netflix-to-Tesla-like group streamlines global operations to shake off a cash crunch, a person with knowledge of the plan said.
Fabric, a web-based insurance agency that promises new parents accidental death coverage in two minutes, opened for business in New York on Tuesday following the state's approval of its key product, the company said.
MUMBAI Indian digital payments firm Paytm, which is backed by Asian technology giants SoftBank Corp and Alibaba Group Holding, launched a niche bank on Tuesday, part of a plan to more than double its customer base to 500 million in the next three years.
- OPEC set to prolong oil cuts as delegates predict smooth meeting
- Trump seeks to slash government spending in budget plan
- Buoyant data bolsters euro rally, shares climb
- As Syngenta deal closes, ChemChina and Sinochem press $120 billion deal: sources
- French VW probe identifies 22.78 billion euros in diesel sales: paper
- Trial over RBS 2008 cash call faces further delay amid settlement talks
- CEOs of Target, ADM to square off on U.S. border tax at hearing
- BHP hires Barclays to divest U.S. shale gas assets: sources
- PPG CEO says remains interested in 'consensual' deal with Akzo
- GM to cut 600 South Africa jobs by July as it pulls out of country