WASHINGTON/BEIJING - North Korea, at the center of a confrontation with the United States over the hacking of Sony pictures, itself experienced Internet outages on Monday, a U.S. company that monitors Internet infrastructure said.
Recent Technology News
WASHINGTON - U.S. Federal Communications Commission on Monday once again paused its review of the proposed $45 billion merger of Comcast Corp and Time Warner Cable Inc, citing delays in getting documents from Time Warner Cable.
TAIPEI/SHANGHAI - Uber Technologies Inc is under fire in Taiwan and the Chinese mainland mega city Chongqing over concerns that it and its drivers are not appropriately licensed, adding to a string of official complaints aimed at the fast-growing U.S. start-up.
SINGAPORE/SHANGHAI - China's Xiaomi [XTC.UL] is raising over $1 billion from investors including Singapore sovereign wealth fund GIC that would value the smartphone maker at over $45 billion, a person familiar with the deal said.
NEW YORK - Fitness activity trackers have come a long way since Leonardo da Vinci sketched a rudimentary gear-and-pendulum pedometer to track the treks of 15th century Roman soldiers.
- Dow, S&P end at records in fourth straight day of gains for Wall Street
- Alstom to pay record $772 million to settle bribery charges with U.S.
- Oil slides as Saudi Naimi tells market to forget OPEC cuts
- BMW expands Takata air bag recall to nationwide U.S.
- U.S. existing home sales hit six-month low, inventories low |
- Russia in recession in 2015, ruble to stay pressured: Reuters poll |
- Icahn's money could keep Atlantic City casino open another year: lawyer
- Madoff victims' payout nearing $7.2 billion: trustee
- Gucci to check Chinese suppliers after TV exploitation charges
- Russia says U.S. scrapping steel trade deal raises WTO issues