- Microsoft Corp's Xbox Live and Sony Corp's PlayStation Networks experienced user connection problems on Christmas Day, for which a hacker group claimed responsibility.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - Google Inc's decision to screen Sony Pictures' film "The Interview" may help legitimize its YouTube platform as a serious rival to paid video streaming services, Netflix and Amazon.com Inc.
- Facebook Inc must face a class action lawsuit accusing it of violating its users' privacy by scanning the content of messages they send to other users for advertising purposes, a U.S. judge has ruled.
- The head of Sears Holdings Corp's online operations and a key member of Chief Executive Eddie Lampert's management team has resigned and will leave the company in February to pursue a new opportunity, the retailer said.
SEOUL - South Korea has indicted the chief executive officer and local subsidiary of Uber Technologies Inc for violating a law governing public transport, becoming the latest jurisdiction to challenge the U.S. taxi service provider.
TOKYO - Japan, fearing it could be a soft target for possible North Korean cyberattacks in the escalating row over the Sony Pictures hack, has begun working to ensure basic infrastructure is safe and to formulate its diplomatic response, officials said.
- Brent holds above $60, but heads for fifth weekly drop
- Prosecutors raid LG headquarters over washing machine row with Samsung: Yonhap
- S&P nears settlement on real-estate bond ratings: WSJ
- U.S. retailers likely to just meet holiday sales forecasts: experts
- Japan inflation slows and output slips, keep BOJ under pressure
- Russia says ruble crisis over as reserves dive, inflation climbs
- Subaru scraps plan to shift Crosstrek production to U.S.: source
- U.S. jobless claims fall to seven-week low
- Exclusive: U.S. minimum wage hikes to affect 1,400-plus Walmart stores |
- China offers fresh support for outbound investment