- Google Inc is refusing to bow to an order from the French privacy watchdog to scrub search results worldwide when users invoke their "right to be forgotten" online, it said on Thursday, exposing itself to possible fines.
Recent Technology News
- T-Mobile US Inc on Thursday posted better-than-expected second-quarter profit and revenue and raised its 2015 subscriber forecast for the second time this year, boosting shares by 4.5 percent.
SEOUL - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Thursday offered a downbeat outlook for the second half of the year as smartphone market growth slows and ahead of the expected release of new iPhones from arch rival Apple Inc . | Video
BEIJING - Baidu Inc, China's biggest internet search engine company, said on Thursday it will buy back shares worth $1 billion after the company's stock price slid following a weak earnings report earlier this week.
PARIS/HELSINKI - Shares in telecom network gear makers Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent jumped on Thursday after both posted strong second-quarter results, giving a positive signal ahead of their pending merger.
SAN FRANCISCO - Uber Technologies has launched its own auto leasing subsidiary in an effort to sign up more drivers, injecting the fast-growing ride services company directly into the financial services sector for the first time.
- Consumer spending bolsters U.S. second-quarter growth |
- Wall St. recovers as data points to growing economy
- Time Warner Cable targets closing Charter deal by year end
- P&G sales fall for 6th straight qtr as strong dollar hurts
- Higher U.S. travel helps Virgin America fly past estimates
- Health insurer Cigna says second-quarter medical costs stay low; profit beats
- Greece, Europeans must reach deeper deal before IMF program possible
- ITG shares plunge on likely dark pool settlement with regulators
- L'Oreal says sales growth to accelerate in H2