SAN FRANCISCO - Twitter shares soared more than 9 percent on Monday to their highest level since the company's initial public offering after a spate of product announcements that could boost its revenue prospects.
Recent Technology News
AMSTERDAM - New apps are keeping track of people's special moments and memories by producing digital scrapbooks and journals that help users log where they have been and what they have done.
SAN FRANCISCO - Snapchat, a service that allows users to exchange fleeting photo messages, has filed for a temporary restraining order against Frank Reginald Brown, who claims he came up with the idea for the company.
HELSINKI - Nokia has offered to pay a 270 million euro ($369 million) deposit to Indian authorities to unfreeze assets in a tax dispute, according to sources familiar with the matter.
NEW DELHI - India's foreign investment regulator deferred a decision on Vodafone Group Plc's proposal to take full ownership of its Indian unit in a $1.6 billion deal, two government officials said on Monday.
LONDON - Eight major U.S. web companies, including Apple, Google and Facebook, made a joint call on Monday for tighter controls on how governments collect personal data, intensifying the furor over online surveillance.
- Policy centrist says ready to taper Fed bond buys
- U.S. exits GM stake in $10 billon loss for taxpayers
- Some claims against Madoff feeder funds, sons' wives are curbed
- SAC agrees to sell reinsurance business to investor group
- S&P 500 floats up to record close in quiet day on Wall St.
- Sysco to buy US Foods from private equity, shares leap |
- McDonald's November sales miss as U.S. weakness persists |
- American Air to seek more corporate customers after merger
- Analysis: Bond funds end bad year with another headache: tax-loss selling