BEIJING - China's top economic planning agency has "substantial evidence" against chipmaker Qualcomm Inc in an antitrust probe, state media on Thursday quoted a senior official at the price regulator as saying.
Recent Technology News
- Standard & Poor's on Wednesday said Facebook Inc will join its S&P 500 stock index after the close of trading on December 20, cementing the social media network's rise into one of the biggest, most powerful U.S. companies.
SAN FRANCISCO - The company that manages a fleet of airplanes owned and leased by Google Inc executives Larry Page, Sergey Brin and Eric Schmidt improperly bought fuel from the government at below-market rates, for a savings of up to $5.3 million according to a report released by the NASA Inspector General on Wednesday.
- U.S. wireless operators on Wednesday fought back against an accusation from the New York State attorney general that they refused to install software that would act as a "kill switch" to discourage theft of smartphones.
LUXEMBOURG - Microsoft fended off a challenge to its $8.5 billion takeover of messaging service Skype as Europe's second-highest court ruled against claims by rival Cisco that the 2011 deal would harm competition.
BOSTON - Verizon Communications Inc told activist investors on Wednesday that it might skip a vote on a shareholder proposal that seeks details on the company's cooperation with government surveillance efforts.
- Jobless claims surge, erase prior weeks' declines
- Retail sales rise in November, boost economic outlook
- Import prices fall for second straight month
- Stock futures dip ahead of data amid Fed uncertainty
- Liberty Global in takeover talks with cable firm Ziggo
- Fortum sells Finnish power distribution grid for $3.5 billion
- Exclusive: Ford board aims to pin down CEO Mulally's plans
- World shares hit one-month low on Fed jitters
- American Airlines to buy up to 70 of CRJ900 NextGen aircraft
- EADS won't chase growth at any cost, strategy chief says