WASHINGTON - U.S. wireless carriers will make it easier for consumers to "unlock" their mobile phones for use on a competitor's network, Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler said on Thursday.
Recent Technology News
- TrueCar.com, a car pricing information website, said it received a $30 million investment from Microsoft Corp co-founder Paul Allen's Vulcan Capital.
LONDON - Taiwan smartphone maker HTC Corp said it would be able to sell its One Mini smartphone in Britain after the Court of Appeal temporarily suspended an earlier ruling banning sales of the phone due to a patent infringement.
FRANKFURT/BRUSSELS - EU antitrust regulators will open an in-depth probe into Telefonica's proposed 8.6 billion euro ($11.9 billion) takeover of KPN's German unit next week, three people familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
NEW DELHI/HELSINKI - Nokia has won an appeal to release a local factory seized by authorities in a tax dispute, allowing the transfer of the plant as part of the sale of its mobile phone business to Microsoft.
BEIJING - China's top economic planning agency has "substantial evidence" against chipmaker Qualcomm Inc in an antitrust probe, state media on Thursday quoted a senior official at the price regulator as saying.
- Solid U.S. retail sales boost economic outlook
- U.S. authorities near deal with JPMorgan on Madoff violations
- Wall St. drops for third day as Fed concerns continue
- GM yet to reap full benefits of European alliance plans
- American Air orders regional jets worth about $4 billion
- Exclusive: Penney shrinks top name brands as own labels take center stage
- Liberty Global in talks to buy cable firm Ziggo
- BofA to pay $132 million in SEC case over Merrill CDO marketing
- Pimco sees U.S. growth at 2.25 to 2.75 percent in 2014