SAN FRANCISCO - Facebook Inc's revenue grew 49 percent in the fourth quarter, as mobile advertising growth helped the world's largest Internet social network beat Wall Street's targets for earnings and sales.
Recent Technology News
- Apple Inc quarterly results smashed Wall Street expectations with record sales of big-screen iPhones in the holiday shopping season and a 70 percent rise in China sales, powering the company to the largest profit in corporate history. | Video
- China will force companies which sell computer equipment to banks to hand over secret source code, undergo sensitive audits and set up research and development centers in the country, the New York Times reported on Thursday.
- This Super Bowl Facebook is taking a page from Twitter's playbook, for the first time during a football championship selling ads that target people based on what they are talking about in real time.
SHANGHAI - A China regulator has accused Alibaba Group Holding Ltd of failing to clean up what it called illegal business deals on the e-commerce titan's platforms, in an unusually strong government criticism of one of the country's biggest private companies.
NEW YORK - Bullish activity in Advent Software Inc's options surged weeks ahead of a report on Wednesday that U.S. financial software company SS&C Technologies Holdings Inc plans to buy Advent for about $2.3 billion.
- Fed upbeat on U.S. economy, cites strong job gains |
- Facebook tops Wall Street revenue target in fourth quarter
- Wall Street ends lower after Fed statement, oil drop
- McDonald's CEO Don Thompson to retire
- Big banks fail to dismiss U.S. currency rigging lawsuit
- Boeing fourth-quarter profit surges; sees cash rise in 2015 |
- GM says it has no plans to extend ignition switch claims deadline