NEW YORK - The big selloffs in shares of social media companies last quarter following weak results seem to be brushed under the carpet this earnings season as investors focus instead on the success of Facebook Inc .
Recent Technology News
TOKYO - Toshiba Corp has decided to propose interim President Masashi Muromachi as a more permanent chief executive officer beyond September after a slew of executives resigned over their roles in the country's biggest accounting scandal in years, Japanese media said on Tuesday.
LA PAZ - Bolivia already has the largest urban cable car system in the world. Now the booming country is tripling the size of the network and will soon have nine lines whizzing above the administrative capital of La Paz.
- Taxi legislation needs to adapt to the arrival of online ride-hailing services like Uber, France's Economy Minister Emmanuel Macron said on Monday as he convened talks to address the controversial issue.
LONDON - One of the founders of trading venue Chi-X Europe is joining the race to bring "blockchain" technology, the system that tracks and identifies transactions in digital-currency bitcoin, to the wider financial world.
LONDON - Online gambling firm GVC Holdings returned on Monday with a new 1 billion-pound ($1.55 billion) bid for rival Bwin.party Digital Entertainment , looking to trump a recently accepted offer from 888 .
- Wall Street rises after China market steadies
- U.S. consumer mood sours, home price growth stalls
- Honeywell to buy Melrose's utility metering business for $5.1 billion
- Pfizer's revenue, profit beat as vaccine sales rise
- After strong quarter, Ford aims to 'disrupt like a startup' |
- Denials fly in war of nerves over Greek debt talks |
- BP profits slump after huge oil spill charge |
- Hikma to buy Boehringer's U.S. generics unit for $2.65 billion
- UPS second-quarter profit tops estimates; sees sluggish U.S. economy |
- Cerberus leads U.S. investors gobbling up Europe's bank loans