SAN FRANCISCO Global economic uncertainty and worries about weak spending on information technology are forcing investors in cloud computing stocks and related enterprise companies to take a reality check.
Recent Technology News
Online content distributor Akamai Technologies Inc reported better-than-expected quarterly revenue, helped by higher demand for its security services, and announced a $1 billion share buyback program.
SINGAPORE/MUMBAI India's decision to effectively ban Facebook's pared-back free Internet service is a major blow to the social network's plans, and may prompt other regulators to demand equal online access for their users.
Google Chief Executive Sundar Pichai received restricted stock worth about $199 million, according to a regulatory filing by Google parent company Alphabet Inc .
WASHINGTON Attacks by "homegrown" Islamist extremists are among the most imminent security threats facing the United States in 2016, along with dangers posed overseas by Islamic State and cyber security concerns, the top U.S. intelligence official said on Tuesday.
Verizon Communications Inc has given Tim Armstrong, chief executive officer of its AOL unit, a leading role in exploring a possible bid for Yahoo Inc's assets, Bloomberg reported, citing a person with knowledge of the situation.
- Wall Street cuts losses late to end tad lower
- Yellen faces tough sell on Fed rate hikes in Congress
- ESPN takes the edge off 'Star Wars' success at Disney
- Cost cuts, cheaper commodities help Coca-Cola top profit estimates
- GM recalling 473,000 SUVs, pickups in North America for brake pedal problems
- More Americans quitting jobs as labor market strengthens
- Obama proposes $4.1 trillion spending plan in final White House budget
- More pain possible for Fitbit shareholders as lockup expires
- Deutsche Bank looking to buy back several billion euros of bonds -FT