- Time Warner Cable Inc , the No. 2 U.S. cable TV operator, lost more video subscribers than analysts had expected in the third quarter as more customers opt for internet streaming services offered by companies such as Netflix Inc .
Recent Technology News
BEIJING - China's Lenovo Group Ltd said Thursday it has closed its $2.91 bln acquisition of the Motorola handset unit from Google Inc , paving the way for a fresh assault on the U.S. smartphone market.
TOKYO - Sony Corp said on Thursday it would appoint senior vice president Hiroki Totoki as the new president of Sony Mobile Communications on Nov. 16, replacing Kunimasa Suzuki at the top of its troubled smartphone business.
- Trade, defense spending buoy U.S. third-quarter growth
- U.S. jobless claims rise, but underlying labor market trends firming
- Futures point to lower open despite strong GDP report
- Thomson Reuters posts revenue rise on legal and tax & accounting
- ConocoPhillips 3rd-quarter profit up on Nigeria asset sale
- MasterCard profit beats estimates as card usage rises
- Chrysler recalls 33,443 light trucks in U.S. for tire pressure issues
- Britain's Fraud Office launches probe into Tesco accounting scandal