International Business Machines Corp's shift to newer businesses such as cloud and security services helped it beat analysts' quarterly revenue estimates, and the technology major hinted at sales growth after nearly six years of declines.
Recent Technology News
YouTube virtual reality video series "The Confessional" debuted on Tuesday, featuring comedians Trevor Noah, Judd Apatow and Howie Mandel, as parent company Google races Facebook Inc to attract viewers to the new medium.
LONDON A UK parliamentary report has criticized Amazon and eBay for not doing enough to prevent tax fraud on their online market places and recommended the government hold the online giants accountable for tax lost to evaders.
Laguna Beach, Calif. After a series of acquisitions, General Motors Co has the building blocks it needs to deploy a large-scale fleet of robot cars, the automaker's president said on Tuesday.
WASHINGTON Verizon Communications Inc said on Tuesday it will pay $17.7 million to resolve a probe by U.S. regulators and the Justice Department into potential payment violations related to a federal school broadband program.
Regina Dugan, the head of Facebook Inc's secretive hardware unit, will step down early next year, she said on Tuesday.
- Dow pierces 23,000 but ends below milestone |
- Boeing says Bombardier CSeries jets may face hefty duties despite Airbus deal |
- Amazon Studios chief resigns after harassment reports
- George Soros foundations now control $18 billion: reports
- Wall Street banks look beyond trading to drive profits |
- Powell likely next Fed chief, though Yellen best suited: economists
- New cancer drugs help Johnson & Johnson top profit estimates
- U.S. SEC charges Rio Tinto, former top executives with fraud