NEW YORK - IBM Corp has been sued by a shareholder who accused it of concealing how its ties to what became a major U.S. spying scandal reduced business in China and ultimately caused its market value to plunge more than $12 billion.
Recent Technology News
- A commercial space company owned by Amazon founder Jeff Bezos has lost a challenge over NASA's plans to lease out one of the space shuttle's dormant launch pads in Florida, officials said on Thursday.
WASHINGTON - Major U.S. wireless carriers on Thursday pledged to make it easier for consumers to "unlock" their mobile phones for use on competitors' networks, responding to pressure from consumer groups and the top U.S. communications regulator.
NEW YORK - Cisco Systems Chief Executive John Chambers said on Thursday that the network equipment company is preparing for a long battle to improve its business in China, one that will not be won "in a quarter or two."
- Adobe Systems Inc, the maker of Photoshop and Acrobat software, forecast current-quarter results below analysts' estimates but reported a 22 percent jump in the number of subscribers to its Creative Cloud suite from the preceding quarter.
NEW YORK - Cisco Systems Inc on Thursday cut its longer-term earnings and revenue growth targets due to problems in emerging markets, conservative customer spending and stalling growth in its core business of network equipment, the latest in a drumbeat of bleak developments at the Silicon Valley company.
- Fed taper concern boosts dollar, weigh on stocks
- In landmark for EU, Ireland leaves its bailout behind
- Qualcomm says COO Steve Mollenkopf to become CEO in March
- UK central bank chief Carney sees deal in 2014 over shouldering bank losses
- China to keep policy and growth steady in 2014, push reform
- Analysis: SEC plans to take more cases to trial despite losses
- VW group sales rise 4.3 percent in November, boosted by China
- Euro zone employment shows no change in third quarter
- Machinists reject second Boeing labor contract offer
- Honda recalls 19,197 Acura MDX SUVs in U.S.