SAN FRANCISCO Sales of the Apple Watch to consumers set a record during the first week of holiday shopping, and the current quarter is on track to be the best ever for the product, Apple Inc Chief Executive Tim Cook told Reuters.
Recent Technology News
Private equity firm KKR & Co said on Tuesday it would acquire a majority stake in cybersecurity company Optiv Security Inc, which is majority owned by Blackstone Group LP .
LONDON Smartphone-only bank Number26 is now offering its services in 17 countries in the euro zone, expanding from a smaller core of European markets it entered a year ago, it said on Tuesday.
TOKYO Toyota Motor Corp said on Tuesday it will expand the development of its gasoline-hybrid technology over the next five years to speed up the introduction of lower-emission engines in the face of stricter global emissions standards.
BRUSSELS Web giants YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Microsoft will step up efforts to remove extremist content from their websites by creating a common database.
Amazon.com Inc said on Monday it has opened a brick-and-mortar grocery store in Seattle without lines or checkout counters, kicking off new competition with supermarket chains.
- Oil dips as OPEC, Russian output rises ahead of production cut
- Euro and global stocks hold Italy-related gains ahead of ECB
- Exclusive: McDonald's to keep up to 25 percent stake in China, HK stores - source
- Top Actelion shareholder says backs J&J deal above 246 Sfr/share
- Trump's corporate tax holiday could spur pharma M&A
- Nissan's Infiniti sales on track for record year: global chief
- GE Power sees little sales impact if U.S. quits climate deals