- Mt. Gox, once the world's biggest bitcoin exchange, is likely to be liquidated after a Tokyo court dismissed the company's bid to resuscitate its business, the court-appointed administrator said on Wednesday.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - Alibaba Group Holding Ltd's revenue growth accelerated in the last quarter of 2013, a timely lift for the Chinese Internet company as it prepares to file a prospectus next week for its highly anticipated initial public offering.
SEOUL - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd's new Galaxy S5 smartphone should outsell its predecessor and defy predictions that the South Korean titan's latest model will struggle in a tough market for high-end handsets, a top executive said.
SHANGHAI - Baidu Inc, China's leading internet search provider, has launched a mobile payment and wealth management platform after its main domestic rivals launched similar products.
NEW YORK - Reddit, a website with a retro-'90s look and space-alien mascot that tracks everything from online news to celebrity Q&As, is going after more eyeballs, and advertising, by allowing members of its passionate community to post their own news more quickly and easily.
SAN FRANCISCO - Intel Corp's first-quarter net profit exceeded Wall Street's estimates as the chipmaker wrestles with slow demand for personal computers and its chief executive officer said an ambitious goal to stake out market share in tablets was on track.
- U.S. housing starts up but miss forecasts; permits fall
- Wall St. to rise after Chinese data, Yahoo up on Alibaba
- Litigation expenses push Bank of America into loss
- GM to seek court protection against ignition suits
- China economic growth slows to 18-month low in first-quarter |
- Fed should try to align projections with policy statement: Lockhart
- CITIC Pacific in $36.5 billion deal to buy parent's main business