WASHINGTON - The United States is considering sanctions against both Russian and Chinese individuals and companies for cyber attacks against U.S. commercial targets, several U.S. officials said on Monday.
Recent Technology News
TORONTO - Hundreds of thousands of people signed up for infidelity website Ashley Madison in the last week, parent company Avid Life Media said on Monday, even after hackers leaked data about millions of its clients.
FRANKFURT/DETROIT - A group of deep-pocketed China-based internet entrepreneurs and financial investors, including Tencent and Hillhouse Capital, is backing an effort to create NextEV, a new rival to U.S. electric car maker Tesla Motors Inc .
PARIS - Telecoms group Altice has named long-serving sector executive Michel Combes as its chief operating officer and chairman of its Numericable-SFR mobile phone business, saying the appointment would help accelerate the group's expansion.
SAN FRANCISCO - The waves of cash surfed relentlessly by some of Silicon Valley's largest venture-backed businesses are showing signs of receding amid concern the companies may already be worth more than their likely valuations once they finally go public.
- Investment firm Pleasant Lake Partners LLC offered to buy analog chipmaker MagnaChip Semiconductor Corp in a deal valuing the South Korea-based company at about $346 million.
- Europe shares set to follow Asian losses as China PMIs stoke growth fears
- Oil prices drop 3 percent as investors retreat from overnight gains
- Big Rail's little cousins find boon in U.S. oil-by-rail bust
- Weak China August factory, services point to further economic slowdown
- Chipotle sued over GMO-free menu claims
- Nerves on edge as Chinese authorities probe market mayhem
- Fiat Chrysler offers $100 debit cards to owners of recalled U.S. vehicles
- Exclusive: Citi aims to boost equities franchise amid industry shakeout |