TOKYO - Japan Display Inc's new chief executive said on Thursday the screen maker's "biggest client", widely understood to refer to Apple Inc , is increasing orders ahead of the expected launch of a new iPhone this month.
Recent Technology News
- Hewlett-Packard Co is exploring a sale of computer network security solutions unit TippingPoint ahead of a corporate split later this year, according to people familiar with the matter.
NEW YORK - Bitcoin exchange itBit has hired Daniel Alter as the company's new general counsel and chief compliance officer, the firm announced on Wednesday.
BERLIN - China's Huawei Technologies [HWT.UL] unveiled a new smartphone on Wednesday, taking aim at the high end of the market, which is dominated by Apple and Samsung Electronics.
- Amazon.com Inc said its 'Dash' button, which allows customers to place orders instantly, will now be effectively free.
BRASILIA - Brazil's President Dilma Rousseff criticized ride-sharing software Uber on Wednesday for increasing unemployment, adding to a chorus of labor concerns about the world's most valuable venture-backed start-up.
- Futures higher but investors remain cautious
- U.S. jobless claims rise; trend shows labor market still strong
- ECB seen cutting inflation outlook, hinting at more policy action
- U.S. trade deficit smallest in five months
- Oil rangebound as equity rally offsets inventory rise
- No concern yet regarding financial institutions from market turmoil: Jack Lew
- Volkswagen CFO Poetsch to become chairman
- Ackman's Pershing Square hedge fund drops 9.2 percent in August
- Wal-Mart to reopen five U.S. stores at center of union complaint