FRANKFURT/SAN FRANCISCO - BMW and Apple may rekindle a courtship put on hold after an exploratory visit by executives of the world's top maker of electronic gadgets to the headquarters of the word's biggest seller of premium cars.
Recent Technology News
MILFORD, Conn. - The social security numbers and credit card details of up to 6,000 University of Connecticut students, faculty and others may have been stolen by cyberhackers from China, the university said on Friday.
WASHINGTON - The cybersecurity issues that led Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV to recall 1.4 million vehicles this month could pose a problem for cars and trucks from other automakers, the top U.S. auto safety regulator said on Friday.
NEW YORK - A U.S. appeals court on Friday upheld a lower court's decision to clear Qualcomm Inc in a patent lawsuit by wireless chip developer ParkerVision Inc, allowing it to escape a $173 million verdict for infringement.
BOSTON - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Friday advised hospitals to stop using Hospira Inc's Symbiq infusion system, saying a security vulnerability could allow cyber attackers to take control of the system remotely.
NEW YORK - Dish Network Corp said on Friday that Comcast Corp's broadcast television network NBC is not airing ads promoting its Sling TV video streaming service in some markets.
- Wall Street ends lower as weak oil weighs
- U.S. wage growth brakes in second-quarter; consumer sentiment slips
- Pacific Rim free trade talks go down to the wire
- Tumbling oil prices slam profit at Exxon Mobil, Chevron |
- Who needs the Fed? The rate hike cometh on its own
- Liquidity risks overhang high-yield ETFs
- U.S. job market set for more than just 'some' attention