BEIJING - Huawei Technologies Co Ltd launched on Tuesday the Honor 4C smartphone, the latest bid by the Chinese technology firm to gain market share in the highly competitive budget handset segment from domestic rivals such as Xiaomi Inc.
Recent Technology News
NEW YORK - When the Nasdaq Composite last hit record highs during the dotcom era, fund manager Walter Price struggled with justifying paying 400 times a company's earnings for rapid growth.
HELSINKI - Finland's Nokia denied reports in Chinese media that it planned to return to manufacturing phones.
SHANGHAI - Chinese e-commerce leader Alibaba Group Holding Ltd and state-owned China Telecom Corp Ltd have tied up to sell inexpensive smartphones aimed at boosting mobile commerce in smaller cities and rural areas.
MUMBAI - Ratan Tata, chairman emeritus of the holding company of India's Tata conglomerate, has acquired a stake in Xiaomi Technology [XTC.UL], a deal that is likely to bolster the Chinese phone maker's presence in the world's third-largest smartphone market.
- EBay Inc Chief Executive John Donahoe has added weight to Google Inc's defense in an antitrust case, saying the two companies are direct competitors in online shopping, the Financial Times reported.
- Asian shares edge off 7-year highs as Fed awaited
- Exclusive: Time Warner Cable open to merger talks with Charter - sources
- Petrobras writedown may give new ammunition to class-action suit
- Mylan says Teva offer too low; criticizes stock, growth prospects
- French IT firm Cap Gemini to buy U.S. rival IGATE for $4 billion
- Exclusive: Deutsche's radical revamp foiled by ECB stress test
- Tokyo Electron shares sink after takeover by Applied Materials scrapped |
- DuPont open to last-minute settlement talks with activist: sources