SAN FRANCISCO - Facebook Inc's revenue grew 49 percent in the fourth quarter, as mobile advertising growth helped the world's largest Internet social network beat Wall Street's targets for earnings and sales.
Recent Technology News
SHANGHAI - A China regulator has accused Alibaba Group Holding Ltd of failing to clean up what it called illegal business deals on the e-commerce titan's platforms, in an unusually strong government criticism of one of the country's biggest private companies.
NEW YORK - Bullish activity in Advent Software Inc's options surged weeks ahead of a report on Wednesday that U.S. financial software company SS&C Technologies Holdings Inc plans to buy Advent for about $2.3 billion.
- Fuelcell maker Plug Power Inc tempered its sales forecast for 2015, saying it had decided to issue numbers "people could rely" on after receiving "a lot of criticism for under-delivering."
- Cloud-computing software maker Citrix Systems Inc said it would cut about 700 full-time and 200 contractor jobs as part of a restructuring plan to improve operational efficiency.
- Financial software company SS&C Technologies Holdings Inc is in talks to buy accounting software maker Advent Software Inc for about $2.3 billion, Bloomberg reported, citing a person with knowledge of the matter.
- Fed upbeat on U.S. economy, cites strong job gains
- Wall Street ends lower after Fed statement, oil drop
- Big banks fail to dismiss U.S. currency rigging lawsuit
- Boeing fourth-quarter profit surges; sees cash rise in 2015 |
- Fiat Chrysler no longer 'bleeding' in Europe, but challenges remain
- GM says it has no plans to extend ignition switch claims deadline