- Amazon.com is in talks to buy online luxury retailer Net-a-porter in what could be the biggest acquisition yet for the e-commerce giant, but the negotiations are in early stages and could fall apart, Forbes reported, citing a person familiar with the matter.
Recent Technology News
- GameStop Corp's full-year profit forecast missed Wall Street expectations as the dollar strengthened and demand for new PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles failed to make up for falling sales of earlier versions.
SAN FRANCISCO - Virtual reality, artificial intelligence and drones will enable Facebook Inc to create a more lifelike and useful social network, the company said in its clearest explanation so far for technology projects that have puzzled some investors and analysts.
- Twitter Inc launched a video streaming app called Periscope on Thursday, just days after reports that it had blocked a rival app called Meerkat. | Video
- Google Inc said it would pay its new Chief Financial Officer, Ruth Porat, more than $70 million in the next two years through a combination of restricted stock units and a biennial grant.
GENEVA - The United Nations top human rights body agreed on Thursday to appoint a special investigator to probe digital spying and violations of online privacy.
- Asian stocks mixed as Mideast worries linger, oil eases
- Oil prices fall more than $1 as supply threat eases
- U.S. biotech stocks may fall further as short interest rises
- Fed market gurus prep rate hike amid last-minute anxieties
- South Korea sees gains for its infrastructure firms from joining AIIB
- American Apparel ex-CEO Charney seeks $40 million damages: Bloomberg