Recent Technology News
FRANKFURT Daimler's mytaxi said it will merge with British rival Hailo in an all-share deal, creating Europe's largest smartphone-based taxi-hailing business.
BENGALURU/DETROIT A widening rift between electric vehicle maker Tesla Motors Inc and Mobileye NV sent shares of the Israeli maker of driving-assistance chips and software plunging on Tuesday.
HONG KONG China's Huawei Technologies Co Ltd [HWT.UL], the world's third-largest smartphone vendor, said first-half global smartphone shipments jumped 25 percent, helped by rapid growth in traditionally high-end markets such as Europe.
MUMBAI India's biggest e-commerce firm Flipkart is buying domestic online fashion retailer Jabong from Global Fashion Group for $70 million in cash, the latest consolidation move in the country's e-commerce sector as competition intensifies.
STUTTGART, Germany Porsche will boost the number of jobs for its first all-electric model by more than half from previous targets as part of parent Volkswagen's (VW) push to overcome its emissions scandal by embracing zero-emission cars and digital services.
- Weak earnings weigh on Wall Street; Fed awaited
- Fed seen holding rates steady as inflation watch continues
- Caterpillar shares up on earnings beat; cuts 2016 outlook
- U.S. consumer confidence steady; new home sales near eight-and-a-half-year high
- Special Report: In Venezuela's murky oil industry, the deal that went too far |
- Brewer AB InBev raises offer for rival SABMiller |
- Volkswagen plans new fix proposal for 3.0 liter vehicles: Justice Department
- Fiat Chrysler to invest $1.48 billion in Sterling Heights plant