SAN FRANCISCO - Twitter Inc's monthly active users rose a better-than-expected 24 percent in the second quarter as the online messaging service mostly succeeded in stemming a dwindling pace of growth, sending its shares soaring almost 30 percent.
Recent Technology News
HONG KONG - China's Huawei Technologies Co Ltd said smartphone shipments in the first half rose 62 percent year-on-year, as it targets the more expensive smartphone sector dominated by Samsung Electronics Co Ltd and Apple Inc.
PARIS - Telecoms operator Orange's investment in faster fiber and mobile broadband networks in its French home market has started to pay off, as its high-end focus insulates it from cut- price fixed plans offered by rival Bouygues.
- Wall Street ends down; Twitter rallies after-hours
- U.S. home prices down in May, but consumer confidence strong
- Argentina holds last-minute debt talks with mediator
- VW set to overtake Toyota as global auto leader
- Sprint, T-Mobile merger not expected before September: sources
- RadioShack may run out of cash by Oct 2015 - Moody's
- IMF warns of potential risks to global growth
- Pfizer leaves investors guessing on intentions for Astra |
- Exclusive: Goldman unit eyes foray into China amid metals financing scandal