WASHINGTON - Netflix Inc has urged the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to reject the pending $48 billion merger of AT&T Inc and DirecTV as currently proposed, according to regulatory disclosures posted on Tuesday.
Recent Technology News
CHICAGO - A new feature on Comcast Corp's pay television service will let parents activate a child-friendly zone that provides access only to age-appropriate shows and movies, the company said on Tuesday.
- For a glimpse of what is, what might have been and what may lie ahead in wearable devices, look beyond branded tech and Silicon Valley start-ups to the messy labs, dry papers and solemn conferences of academia.
SHANGHAI - Siemens AG and China's State Administration for Industry and Commerce (SAIC), a competition regulator, denied a Reuters report that the SAIC investigated the German group's healthcare unit and its dealers for "commercial bribery".
MEXICO CITY/SAN FRANCISCO - SurveyMonkey Chief Executive Dave Goldberg died Friday from a head injury while exercising at a resort in Mexico, the local prosecutor's office said Monday. Goldberg, the husband of Facebook Inc Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg, fell off a treadmill at a private villa in Punta Mita and hit his head, the prosecutor's spokesman said.
- General Electric Co on Monday announced collaborations with Qualcomm Inc and Apple Inc as it uses digital technology and the growing appetite for data to reinvigorate its 130-year-old lighting business.
- U.S. trade data points to first-quarter economic contraction
- Wall St. lower as weak trade data offsets rally in oil prices
- Warren Buffett to auction another charity lunch
- Disney revenue gets lift from theme parks, TV networks |
- BG chief welcomes $70 billion Shell offer with 'mixed emotions'
- VW aims to find new chairman quickly and return focus to business |
- Greece steps up diplomacy to avert cash crunch
- U.S. services sector growth cools in April: Markit