Google parent Alphabet Inc bested analysts' estimates for third-quarter profit and revenue on Thursday as the search company showed it has honed its core business for the mobile era and is closing in on the next wave of computing.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO Flying commuters like George Jetson could be whizzing to work through the sky less than 10 years from now, according to ride-services provider Uber, which believes the future of transportation is literally looking up.
WASHINGTON The U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee's antitrust subcommittee will hold a hearing on Dec. 7 on the proposed merger of Time Warner Inc and AT&T Inc , and the companies' chief executives will testify, the committee said in a statement.
WASHINGTON Booz Allen Hamilton said on Thursday it had hired a former FBI chief to conduct an external review of its security practices, after the consulting firm learned for the second time in three years that an employee working under contract with the National Security Agency had been charged with stealing classified information.
A Florida man pleaded guilty on Thursday to charges stemming from his role in wide-ranging hacking scheme that generated $1.3 million through the hijacking of customer email accounts to send unsolicited "spam" messages, prosecutors said.
Smartphone chipmaker Qualcomm Inc agreed to buy NXP Semiconductors NV for about $38 billion in the biggest-ever deal in the semiconductor industry, making it the leading supplier to the fast-growing automotive chips market. | Video
- Dollar, bond yields rise on enhanced Fed rate hike prospects
- Exclusive: Chipotle builds team to defend against activist investor Ackman - sources
- Oil prices dip on doubts OPEC can coordinate output cut
- GE in discussion with Baker Hughes on potential partnerships
- Twitter cuts jobs with eye on 2017 profit; Vine discontinued |
- Ford, GM pitch new strategies; Wall Street snubs them