- GT Advanced Technologies Inc said it reached an agreement with Apple Inc under which it will stop making sapphire materials and focus on supplying equipment to make sapphire crystals.
Recent Technology News
BEIJING - Apple Inc Chief Executive Tim Cook said the company is planning to open 25 retail stores in China within the next two years, according to a Chinese transcript of an interview posted by web portal Sina.com.
PARIS/FRANKFURT - French telecoms operator Orange SA still believes the mobile market needs consolidation, but an executive said on Thursday his company is not prepared to kick-off such a move, three months after it dropped a bid for rival Bouygues SA.
- GM posts higher-than-expected profit on strong N. American demand
- U.S. jobless claims data point to firming labor market
- Wall St. set to open higher on Caterpillar, 3M results
- Caterpillar profit beats view, raises outlook; shares gain
- Comcast reports higher quarterly revenue, profit
- Business activity improves in China, euro zone but little sign of turnaround
- U.S. prosecutors probe Takata Corp over statements: WSJ
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down
- Pilots propose talks with Lufthansa over pay, retirement benefits