BEIJING - Apple Inc Chief Executive Tim Cook was quoted on Friday as saying he had "very open" talks on privacy and security with a senior Chinese official, days after a web monitoring group linked the government to a hack into Apple's iCloud service in China.
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - Google Inc is expanding its artificial intelligence initiative, hiring more than half a dozen leading academics and experts in the field and announcing a partnership with Oxford University to "accelerate" its efforts.
- Apple Inc said on Thursday it is studying options for sapphire supply and might work again with GT Advanced Technologies Inc if the distressed supplier can reduce production costs for the scratch-resistant material.
- Wall St. little changed as Microsoft offsets Amazon
- U.S. new home sales at six-year high; recovery still fragile
- Ford's lower profit beats estimates; sales down on F-150 launch
- Deutsche Bank braces for $1.3 billion in U.S., UK Libor fines: sources
- UPS CEO: firm is ready for peak season challenges
- P&G to exit Duracell battery business
- Pfizer's $11 billion buyback plan deflates AstraZeneca bid hopes
- Rebekah Brooks in New York 'explores' job opportunities
- ECB's Draghi tells euro zone more needed to avoid another crisis