BEIJING - Huawei Technologies Co Ltd launched on Tuesday the Honor 4C smartphone, the latest bid by the Chinese technology firm to gain market share in the highly competitive budget handset segment from domestic rivals such as Xiaomi Inc.
Recent Technology News
ANKARA - Turkey could cancel a May tender for 4G telecoms infrastructure after President Tayyip Erdogan urged the country not to "lose time" with the technology and move straight to 5G, the trade minister was quoted as saying on Tuesday.
- Facebook Inc introduced free video calling in its Messenger phone app on Monday as the company seeks to transform its mobile messaging service into a full-featured platform with the same reach as its 1.4 billion user social network.
NEW YORK - Microsoft Corp lost a round in a potentially costly patent battle when a U.S. International Trade Commission judge on Monday found that the software giant used InterDigital Inc's technology in its mobile phones without permission.
- Google Inc said it would launch an experimental portal that allows interested patent holders to sell their patents to the company.
NEW YORK - When the Nasdaq Composite last hit record highs during the dotcom era, fund manager Walter Price struggled with justifying paying 400 times a company's earnings for rapid growth.
- Stock futures down ahead of Fed meeting
- Japan's Amari plays down expectations on U.S. trade deal progress
- Tsipras presses for May debt deal, says referendum possible
- Ford profit misses expectations, 2015 profit outlook affirmed
- Deutsche Bank's co-CEO Fitschen goes on trial over Kirch case
- Refining helps BP and Total weather oil price storm
- Tyson Foods plans to cut human antibiotics in U.S. chicken flocks by 2017
- Petrobras writedown may give new ammunition to class-action suit
- Exclusive: Time Warner Cable open to merger talks with Charter - sources