SEOUL - Insiders say staff at Samsung Electronics have never been so anxious ahead of the annual reshuffle, as a weak smartphone performance and its worst earnings in three years are expected to cost many jobs.
Recent Technology News
BERLIN - Germany has approved Canadian smartphone maker Blackberry's planned acquisition of Secusmart, the encryption technology of which is used to protect the mobile devices of top politicians including Chancellor Angela Merkel.
FRANKFURT - A European satellite beamed images to earth using new laser-based communications technology on Friday, opening the way for uninterrupted and near instantaneous viewing of natural disasters being sent to governments and relief agencies.
- Wall Street ends mostly flat, energy names weigh
- U.S. crude down seven percent to May 2010 low on OPEC, new low likely
- Speculators increase bets that Brent crude will fall to $65 in first quarter
- Billions wiped off energy shares as investors rush for exit
- World investors cut stocks and hold cash as uncertainty dominates
- BMW not interested in buying stake in Tesla: Wirtschaftswoche
- Black Friday shopping crowds thin after Thanksgiving rush |
- U.S. lodges new appeal at WTO in meat labelling dispute
- Japan may expand air bag recalls; worried about impact on industry
- Kinder Morgan loses bid to extend injunction against Canada protesters