OSLO - Norwegian software maker Opera signed a deal to take over the browser building unit of Microsoft's Nokia mobile phone unit and reported second-quarter earnings above expectations on Thursday, sending it shares sharply higher.
Recent Technology News
BOSTON - The FBI has warned that healthcare industry companies are being targeted by hackers, publicizing the issue following an attack on U.S. hospital group Community Health Systems Inc that resulted in the theft of millions of patient records.
LOS ANGELES - Online video personalities are joining together to advocate for equal treatment of Internet traffic, aiming to stop the U.S. government from allowing what they worry will be fast and slow lanes for delivering content.
- Asia shares sour on China, U.S. dollar in demand
- G20 edging towards deal on 'bail-in' bond cushion for banks
- Euro zone business growth slows in August, prices fall: PMI
- China, Japan August factory surveys signal economic softness |
- Exclusive: U.S. regulators step up warnings to banks for poor risk-spotting
- Dollar General questions motives of Family Dollar CEO
- Toyota to cut prices of Lexus auto parts in China amid anti-trust concerns
- Fed debates merits of earlier rate hike given U.S. jobs gains
- BofA in $16.5 billion deal with U.S. over mortgage bonds: source
- Euro zone business growth slows in July, prices fall: PMI