WASHINGTON The U.S. Senate on Thursday voted narrowly to repeal regulations requiring internet service providers to do more to protect customers' privacy than websites like Alphabet Inc's Google or Facebook Inc .
Recent Technology News
Micron Technology Inc reported a better-than-expected quarterly profit as it benefited from higher average selling prices for its memory chips used in PCs amid tight supplies and a surge in demand for its storage chips found in smartphones.
BOAO, China India's top software services exporter Tata Consultancy Services will step up local hiring in the United States and has no plans to cut investments there as it continues to expect robust growth from its biggest overseas market.
WASHINGTON The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau said on Thursday it fined Experian and its subsidiaries $3 million for falsely telling customers its credit scores were used by lenders in making decisions.
SAO PAULO A new reorganization plan from Brazil's debt-laden phone carrier Oi SA boosted shares on Thursday, but analysts continued to focus on the need for fresh capital after a heavy fourth-quarter loss.
HONG KONG Chinese telecommunications equipment maker ZTE Corp on Thursday reported a net loss of 5.22 billion yuan ($760 million) in fourth-quarter profit, as it booked a $892 million charge to settle a U.S. sanctions case.
- Wall Street down; lawmakers delay vote on Trump healthcare bill |
- New home sales hit seven-month high; jobless claims rise
- Sears' plan to sell brands no salve for financial woes
- SEC charges two Israeli residents with Mobileye insider trading
- State Department to approve Keystone pipeline permit on Friday: sources
- Disney board extends CEO Iger's contract by one year
- For Goldman Sachs, a rare pass from shareholder resolutions
- As Trump targets energy rules, oil companies downplay their impact |