SAN JOSE, Calif. - Google will try to persuade a U.S. judge on Thursday to dismiss an antitrust lawsuit over its Android smartphone operating system, as the Internet search company faces increased regulatory pressure from European authorities.
Recent Technology News
PARIS - Telecoms tycoon Xavier Niel's NJJ Capital has agreed to buy Swiss mobile operator Orange Switzerland from private equity group Apax Partners for 2.8 billion Swiss francs ($2.9 billion), Apax said in a statement.
TOKYO/BOSTON - Sony Corp movie executives kept up a dialogue with hedge fund titan Daniel Loeb, even after rebuffing the billionaire investor's proposal to sell up to one-fifth of the studio's entertainment business, leaked emails show.
NEW YORK/TORONTO - BlackBerry Ltd launched its long-awaited Classic on Wednesday, a smartphone it hopes will help it win back market share and woo those still using older versions of its physical keyboard devices.
- French telecom group Orange SA confirmed on Wednesday that it has been sued in California by San Francisco-based startup Telesocial in an intellectual property case, but said that the startup's claims were unfounded.
OTTAWA - The Federal Court of Canada agreed on Wednesday to order Apple Inc's Canadian subsidiary to turn over documents to the Competition Bureau to help investigate whether Apple unfairly used its market power to promote the sale of iPhones.
- Franc falls as Swiss go sub-zero; stocks jump after Fed
- Oil jumps three percent to $63 as energy firms slash investments
- Fed confident on U.S. growth, opens door wider to rate hike |
- Russian ruble weakens as traders see no major measures in Putin speech
- Takata says has sufficient funds to deal with recalls: Nikkei
- Deutsche Bank says to review strategy, no comment on Postbank sale report
- U.S. consumer prices fall on gasoline; rate hike likely in 2015
- Top Herbalife salesman acknowledges high failure rate in video
- Boeing to make 754 commercial jet deliveries in 2015: trade group
- Airbus reshuffle prepares planemaker for record jet output