HOMESTEAD - As a squat, red-and-black robot nicknamed CHIMP gingerly pushed open a spring-loaded door a gust of wind swooped down onto the track at the Homestead-Miami Speedway and slammed the door shut, eliciting a collective sigh of disappointment from the audience. | Video
Recent Technology News
SAN FRANCISCO - Protesters blocked buses said to be operated by Google Inc and Apple Inc in San Francisco and Oakland on Friday, the latest sign of a growing backlash against the booming tech industry's impact, especially on access to affordable housing in the region.
- Oracle Corp, the world's No. 2 business software maker, said it would buy web-based marketing software maker Responsys Inc for about $1.39 billion to bolster its cloud computing offerings.
- Japanese tech and telecoms group SoftBank Corp's Chief Executive Masayoshi Son held talks with at least five banks to finance a possible bid by Sprint Corp to buy a majority stake in T-Mobile US Inc in 2014, Bloomberg reported, citing sources.
SAN FRANCISCO - The annual no-holds-barred Christmas holiday slugfest between mobile game developers has a new twist this year: marketing and user-acquisition costs will likely hit an all-time high and surpass any revenue earned over the festive season.
TORONTO - BlackBerry Ltd said on Friday it was entering a handset production deal that lowers the risk it will have to take more massive writedowns on unsold smartphones, and its shares surged even though it posted dismal quarterly results. | Video
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Millions of Target shoppers face new debit card limits |
- A sweet Asian fruit tempts the troubled soft drink industry
- Boeing machinists to vote on revised offer, union says
- Deutsche Bank says reviewing litigation reserves: report
- Pressure builds as retailers near the holiday finish line
- Japan forecasts GDP growth of 1.4 percent for fiscal 2014
- China aims for target of 6 million public homes in 2014
- Pop Milano appoints ex-minister as head of supervisory board
- Chinese hotelier feared dead in French helicopter crash