Yahoo Inc on Monday reported better-than-expected quarterly profit and revenue, and said the sale of its core internet business to Verizon Communications Inc should be completed in the second quarter, allaying some investor concerns that the deal might collapse.
- Samsung Elec fourth-quarter profit jumps as record chip earnings mask Note 7 failure
- LG Display reports record fourth-quarter profits; panel prices seen rising further
- As attacks grow, EU mulls banking stress tests for cyber risks
- Samsung says batteries caused Note 7 fires, may delay new phone launch |
Recent Technology News
LONDON Videogame series 'Resident Evil' goes back to its 'survival horror' roots for its new installment with players experiencing the new game from a first person perspective for the first time, according to Japanese videogame maker Capcom. | Video
PARK CITY, Utah Attendees at the Sundance Film Festival can use augmented reality (AR) to hang out with "Mad Men" star Jon Hamm or assemble a human brain, as makers of the new immersive technology seek to engage independent filmmakers.
SEOUL South Korea's LG Display Co Ltd said on Tuesday its fourth-quarter operating profit rose 180 percent from a year earlier in its largest quarterly profit ever, due to a pickup in panel prices.
BEIJING Hugo Barra, the most prominent global executive at China's Xiaomi Inc [XTC.UL], has left the smartphone maker citing health concerns and a new job, dealing a fresh setback to a firm that is struggling to recover ground ceded to rivals.
U.S. wireless carrier Sprint Corp said on Monday it would buy 33 percent of Tidal, a music streaming service owned by rapper Jay Z, marking a move to more content driven services in a highly competitive wireless market.
- Trump pulls U.S. out of Pacific trade deal, loosening Asia ties |
- Japan January flash manufacturing PMI shows fastest expansion in almost three years
- Dollar on defensive, Asia stocks subdued amid U.S. trade unease
- U.S. blocks health insurer Aetna's $34 billion Humana acquisition |
- China to strengthen market regulation by 2020
- Deutsche Bank fails to end BlackRock, Pimco mortgage debt lawsuit
- Trump Treasury nominee wants to loosen limits under Volcker rule: document
- McDonald's U.S. restaurant sales fall after five quarters of gains