NEW YORK - Tensions between New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio and the police are rooted in issues that go beyond racial relations, the police commissioner said on Sunday, a day after the funeral of one of the two officers slain a week ago in their patrol car.
- A woman charged with helping her husband kill a Texas district attorney, his wife and an assistant district attorney has reached a tentative agreement to plead guilty to murder, the special prosecutor in the case said on Sunday.
NEW YORK - Tens of thousands of police from cities across the United States filled a New York City church and nearby streets on Saturday for the funeral of one of two policemen shot by a man who said he was avenging the killing of unarmed black men by police. | Video
- The spokesman for the police department in Ferguson, Missouri, has been suspended without pay after admitting he referred to a roadside memorial to an unarmed teenager killed by police as a "pile of trash," the city announced over the weekend.
SAN ANTONIO - A fire in a high-rise apartment building for senior citizens left five people dead in suburban San Antonio, Texas on Sunday, fire officials said.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Police on Sunday were investigating an accident that killed five people, including three toddlers, when their car stopped on a Kansas City freeway and was struck from behind by a semi-truck.
- An Arizona police officer investigating a domestic violence incident was shot dead by a suspect who then killed himself, police said.
SAN FRANCISCO - For years, Google Inc's commerce chief, Stephanie Tilenius, held a demanding job and helped oversee the medical care of her parents, an experience that led her to leave the Internet search giant in 2012 and start a company to help patients combat chronic disease.
- A teen was charged Saturday with arson after police say he confessed to setting a convenience store on fire during anti-police violence protests in a St. Louis suburb last week, according to officials and media reports.
- Doctors in Houston will keep former U.S. President George H.W. Bush in the hospital through the weekend since his bout with shortness of breath, though doctors "have begun discussing dates for his discharge," his office said Saturday.