- Czech Tomas Berdych snapped a run of 11 consecutive defeats by world number one Novak Djokovic to reach the semi-finals of the Rome Masters before Rafa Nadal was stretched to the limit against David Ferrer on Friday.
- Defending champion Rafa Nadal recovered from losing the opening five games against Ernests Gulbis to book his place in the quarter-finals of the Rome Masters on Thursday.
- World number one Serena Williams bounced back from a set down to defeat former top ranked Jelena Jankovic of Serbia 3-6 6-0 6-2 and win her third Family Circle Cup title on Sunday.
- Serena and Venus Williams set up a tantalizing semi-final against each other after both won twice on Friday in the rain-affected Family Circle Cup in Charleston, South Carolina.
- Denmark's Caroline Wozniacki advanced to the last eight of the Family Circle Cup without hitting a shot on Thursday, while matches involving Serena and Venus Williams were postponed after a lengthy rain delay in Charleston, South Carolina.
MIAMI - Russia's Maria Sharapova demolished Serbia's Jelena Jankovic 6-2 6-1 on Thursday to book her place in the final of the Sony Open, one of the few titles missing from her CV.
- Maria Sharapova was shaky from the service line but the Russian world number two dodged danger at key moments to beat seventh seed Sara Errani 7-5 7-5 and reach the semi-finals of the Sony Open in Miami on Wednesday.
- World number one Novak Djokovic and Russian Maria Sharapova shook off windy conditions to move into the fourth round of the Sony Open at Miami on Sunday.
INDIAN WELLS, California - Russian Svetlana Kuznetsova found herself in a tight spot in more ways than one at the BNP Paribas Open on Friday but managed to escape with a come-from-behind victory after a timely wardrobe change.
INDIAN WELLS, California - Former champion Maria Sharapova cruised into the third round of the BNP Paribas Open with a ruthless 6-2 6-1 demolition of Italy's Francesca Schiavone on Friday.