- Rafael Nadal's 30-match claycourt winning streak ended on Friday when the world number one was stunned 7-6(1) 6-4 by fellow Spaniard David Ferrer in the Monte Carlo Masters quarter-finals.
- Novak Djokovic lost just one game to join Roger Federer in the Monte Carlo Masters quarter-finals after Rafa Nadal breezed to his 30th consecutive win on clay on Thursday.
- Claycourt machine Rafael Nadal recovered from a stuttering start to beat Russian qualifier Teymuraz Gabashvili 6-4 6-1 and reach the third round of the Monte Carlo Masters on Wednesday.
- Novak Djokovic opened his Monte Carlo Masters title defense with a 6-1 6-0 demolition of Spanish qualifier Albert Montanes on Tuesday to reach the third round.
- Roger Federer sealed Switzerland's place in the Davis Cup semi-finals when he completed a comeback win for the hosts over Kazakhstan on Sunday but Britain's last-four hopes were trampled into Italian clay in Naples.
- Roger Federer's hopes of adding a Davis Cup winners' medal to his vast collection of silverware were hanging by a thread on Saturday after Switzerland fell 2-1 behind to Kazakhstan in their World Group quarter-final tie.
- The Czech Republic wasted little time wrapping up their Davis Cup quarter-final tie against Japan after the defending champions eased to a straight sets victory in the doubles rubber on Saturday to take an unassailable 3-0 lead in Tokyo.
LONDON - Holders Czech Republic took a huge step towards the Davis Cup semi-finals by opening a 2-0 lead over Japan on Friday, while Roger Federer's Switzerland were locked at 1-1 with Kazakhstan in their quarter-final.
- As the first of the season's four major championships, the Masters has always been the most keenly anticipated, a veritable golfing 'rite of spring' that brings together the game's leading players in Augusta, Georgia.