WASHINGTON U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday was set to make a final push on Thursday to secure the votes to begin dismantling Obamacare in the House of Representatives, with signs that enough Republicans might defect to jeopardize one of his top legislative priorities. | Video
- Top Senate Democrat promises fight to block Trump high court pick
- Republican Rep. Brooks: 30-40 Republican 'no' votes on health bill
- Senior House Democrat says Republicans short of votes on healthcare bill
- Lawmaker says U.S. foreign surveillance 'unmasked' Trump associates |
- Obama's Israel envoy sees positive elements in Trump's peace efforts
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON Jay Clayton, the Wall Street attorney tapped by President Donald Trump to lead the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, will face questions on his vision for the agency at his confirmation hearing on Thursday before the Senate Banking Committee.
Hawaii lawmaker Beth Fukumoto, ousted last month as Republican leader of the state's House of Representatives after publicly criticizing President Donald Trump, resigned on Wednesday from her party to seek membership as a Democrat.
WASHINGTON A House intelligence committee Democrat said on Thursday there was a "grave question" about the objectivity of the panel's Republican chairman after remarks he made about the incidental surveillance of members of President Donald Trump's transition team.
WASHINGTON Leaders of the Congressional Black Caucus met with President Donald Trump on Wednesday about infrastructure and reducing urban crime, calling the sit-down a "positive" first step toward finding common ground.