MIAMI - President Barack Obama gave a feel-good campaign-style speech at a gymnasium packed with screaming high school students on Friday, sketching out the main points of his populist agenda ahead of a special election in Florida on Tuesday.
- Rand Paul urges conservatives to elect 'lovers of liberty'
- Kansas violating state constitution in school funding, court says
- California bill seeks to curb sexually explicit Internet bullying by teens
- Republicans see chance to seize Illinois governor's seat
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
Recent Politics News
(This version of the story corrects details of McCaskill-Ayotte bill in the 8th paragraph. The story was first filed on March 6)
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration said on Friday Verizon Communications Inc's Terremark unit will remain under contract as host of the federal website HealthCare.gov to better ensure a smooth end to Obamacare's open enrollment period on March 31.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. State Department said on Friday that Syria is at risk of missing a June 30 deadline for disposing of chemical weapons but that the deadline can still be met.
CLEVELAND - Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine collapsed during a speaking engagement on Friday and was taken to a Cincinnati hospital, his office said in a statement.