NEW YORK - New Jersey Governor Chris Christie will formally launch his 2016 presidential bid on Tuesday, hoping to rejuvenate his sagging poll numbers with a dose of personality and a vow to be the blunt-talking Republican who tells it like it is.
- Obama signs trade bills into law, says tough battle still ahead |
- Obama plans to expand overtime eligibility for millions of workers
- Obama, Rousseff to make up missed White House visit on Tuesday
- State Department won't say if Kerry would testify on Benghazi
- Divided U.S. Supreme Court upholds Oklahoma lethal injection process |
Recent Politics News
- Bristol Palin, the daughter of former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin and an advocate of sexual abstinence before marriage, says in a blog post that her second out-of-wedlock pregnancy was "actually planned".
CHICAGO - Illinois state workers cannot be paid without an enacted budget for the fiscal year that begins Wednesday, State Attorney General Lisa Madigan said on Monday as a major labor union warned it could sue over any missed paychecks.
SALT LAKE CITY - Former Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff pleaded not guilty on Monday to charges of public corruption, his lawyer said, in a scandal that embroiled him and his successor in a wide-ranging criminal investigation.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama spoke with French President Francois Hollande on Monday about the Greek crisis, agreeing on the importance of resuming work toward an agreement on a financing and reform package for Athens, the White House said. | Video