WASHINGTON - U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley, a Democrat from Oregon, said on Sunday he would support the nuclear deal with Iran, moving President Barack Obama a step closer to having sufficient backing to ensure the deal stands.
- U.S. presidential hopeful Sanders gains ground on Clinton in Iowa poll
- Christie defends plan to monitor immigrants like FedEx tracks parcels
- Obama invites Pakistan PM Sharif for October visit
- Obama changing name of Alaska's Mount McKinley to Denali
- University of Texas moves statue of Confederate president Jefferson Davis
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - Senator Jeff Merkley, a Democrat from Oregon, said on Sunday that he will support the nuclear deal with Iran.
ISLAMABAD - U.S. National Security Adviser Susan Rice warned Pakistani political and military leaders on Sunday that recent attacks in Afghanistan by militants based in Pakistan threaten regional security, an official said.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama on Saturday defended his decision to allow Royal Dutch Shell to drill for oil in the Arctic Ocean under what he said were rigorous standards, fending off criticism by environmental groups. | Video
MINNEAPOLIS - Joe Biden got plenty of love from top Democrats on Friday, but their views about a possible White House run by the vice president were decidedly more mixed.