WASHINGTON - U.S. Senator Marco Rubio is likely to make an announcement on his bid for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination on April 13 in Miami, according to a local news report.
- Republican lawmaker says Clinton wiped clean email server
- Arkansas Senate passes religion bill seen as targeting gays
- Senate Democrat Reid to retire; wants Schumer as next leader |
- Exclusive: Upset by Warren, U.S. banks debate halting some campaign donations |
- U.S. ethics panel probes Kentucky lawmaker over wife's lobbying
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Defense Department on Friday said it will be "demanding but fair" in negotiations with Lockheed Martin Corp for the next two batches of F-35 fighter jets, one of the Pentagon's largest-ever sole-source contracts.
WASHINGTON - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry has asked the department's inspector general to look into procedures for handling emails by State Department employees, the department said on Friday.
WASHINGTON - The Senate passed a Republican-authored budget plan early on Friday that seeks $5.1 trillion in domestic spending cuts over 10 years while boosting military funding.
WASHINGTON - The Senate will wait more than two weeks before acting on a bill to permanently fix the flawed formula for reimbursing Medicare physicians, after an April 1 deadline to start a 21 percent cut in payment rates.