- Police responding to race-related protests and riots in Ferguson, Missouri, last summer made a series of missteps, including antagonizing crowds with attack dogs and military-style tactics, according to a U.S. Justice Department report.
- Candidate Jeb Bush bares 33 years of tax returns in show of transparency
- U.S. Republican Christie launches 2016 bid, promises straight talk |
- State Department to release new batch of Clinton emails
- After 'gratifying' week, Obama sees long to-do list in time left |
- Illinois Democrats seek temporary budget to keep government open
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama said on Tuesday that the U.S. Congress "is taking a step backward" by failing to renew the charter for the Export-Import Bank and instead letting it lapse at midnight.
WASHINGTON - A U.S. court has ruled that the eavesdropping National Security Agency can temporarily resume its bulk collection of Americans' telephone records, according to documents made public on Tuesday.
NEW YORK - New Jersey Governor Chris Christie's second-in-command gave her pitch to a small crowd at a Philadelphia biotechnology convention in June with her signature move: giving out her cell phone number.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine lawmakers approved a $6.7 billion two-year budget on Tuesday, overriding the veto of the combative Republican governor, Paul LePage, and narrowly averting a government shutdown.