WASHINGTON U.S. President Donald Trump's first budget proposal will spare big social welfare programs such as Social Security and Medicare from any cuts, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said in an interview broadcast on Sunday.
- Trump administration re-evaluating self-driving car guidance
- White House does not rule out Sessions recusal on Russia probes
- Democrats must overhaul party, attack big business, Sanders says
- Democrats pick Perez to lead party against Trump |
- Aggressive cuts to Obama-era green rules to start soon: EPA head |
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON U.S. President Donald Trump announced on Saturday that he would not attend the annual White House Correspondents' Association dinner, a high-profile event that draws celebrities, politicians and journalists.
WASHINGTON The Kuwaiti government could pay up to $60,000 to President Donald Trump's hotel in Washington for a party on Saturday that will be an early test of Trump's promise to turn over profits from such events to the U.S. Treasury.
WASHINGTON The United States on Sunday condemned an attack on special monitoring missions in eastern Ukraine and called on Russia and the separatist forces it backs to immediately observe the ceasefire under the Minsk agreements.
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. U.S. Senator Tim Scott faced a quandary on Saturday in hosting his town hall: he promised to meet with his South Carolina constituents, but he wanted to avoid the kind of adversarial free-for-all so many Republicans encountered this week.