WASHINGTON President-elect Donald Trump on Wednesday picked a fossil fuel industry defender as his top environmental official, another retired general as homeland security chief and Iowa's governor as U.S. ambassador to China in choices at odds with some of his recent pronouncements. | Video
- U.S. Senate joins House to pass sweeping new health bill
- Koch Industries takes aim at U.S. House Republican tax reform plan
- U.S. judge reverses order requiring vote recount in Michigan
- Cuba wants to sign accords with U.S. before Obama exit: officials
- Trump to pick foe of Obama climate agenda to run EPA -source
Recent Politics News
NEW YORK Donald Trump clashed on Wednesday with a union official who accused the president-elect of lying about the number of jobs saved in a deal to keep air conditioner maker Carrier from moving some jobs from Indiana to Mexico.
WASHINGTON U.S. President-elect Donald Trump said on Wednesday he will nominate professional wrestling magnate and former Senate candidate Linda McMahon as his choice to head the Small Business Administration.
WASHINGTON U.S. Republican senators are leaning towards a plan to delay the effective date of an Obamacare repeal for three years, a senior Republican said on Wednesday.
WASHINGTON U.S. President-elect Donald Trump on Wednesday defended his direct interventions with companies, including making statements on Twitter, saying businesses will benefit from his actions and his upcoming term in office.