WASHINGTON U.S. Senate Republicans narrowly agreed on Tuesday to open debate on a bill to end Obamacare, but the party's seven-year effort to roll back Democratic President Barack Obama's signature healthcare law still faces significant hurdles.
- House approves new Russia sanctions, defying Trump
- U.S. energy secretary duped into fake interview with Russian comedians
- White House targets leakers, may restructure communications: Scaramucci
- Republican lawmakers rally around Sessions as Trump intensifies pressure |
- Republican senator recorded criticizing Trump
Recent Politics News
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio U.S. President Donald Trump issued a veiled threat against Iran on Tuesday, warning Tehran to adhere to the terms of a nuclear deal with world powers or else face "big, big problems."
WASHINGTON U.S. Senator John McCain, recently diagnosed with an aggressive form of brain cancer, was given a hero’s welcome on his return to the Capitol on Tuesday, but quickly seized the opportunity to blister his party and his president for partisan politics. | Video
WASHINGTON U.S. President Donald Trump criticized his attorney general, Jeff Sessions, as not being tough enough on Tuesday, adding to speculation his longtime supporter might be on the way out, and accused American intelligence agencies of high-level leaks.
AUSTIN, Texas The Republican-controlled Texas Senate gave preliminary approval on Tuesday to a bill that restricts bathroom access for transgender people, endorsing a piece of legislation denounced by civil liberties advocates as discriminatory.