WASHINGTON The White House is set to deliver President Donald Trump's first full budget to lawmakers on Tuesday, a plan that would slash funding for healthcare and food assistance programs for the poor while it trims the deficit.
- Former FBI chief Comey postpones testimony before House committee
- Supreme Court tosses Republican-drawn North Carolina voting districts
- Flynn declines Senate subpoena in Russia probe |
- Chicago launches ad campaign to counter Trump's immigration efforts
- Justice Department asks U.S. judge to reconsider ruling against Trump sanctuary order
Recent Politics News
AUSTIN, Texas The heavily Hispanic Texas border county of El Paso filed suit in federal court on Monday to halt a new law backed by the state's Republican leaders to punish "sanctuary cities," saying the measure was vague, cruel and unconstitutional.
WASHINGTON President Donald Trump urged two senior intelligence officials in March to publicly deny there was any evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, the Washington Post reported on Monday, citing current and former officials.
WASHINGTON President Donald Trump is seeking outside counsel to help him during investigations into his campaign and Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. election, and has narrowed the search to four prominent attorneys, the Washington Post reported on Monday.
WASHINGTON The U.S. Senate voted overwhelmingly on Monday to confirm Iowa Governor Terry Branstad, one of the U.S. politicians most closely acquainted with China, as President Donald Trump's ambassador to Beijing.