WASHINGTON President Barack Obama's fiscal 2017 budget will call for an 11 percent increase in funding for the Securities and Exchange Commission and a 32 percent increase for the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, a White House official said on Monday.
- Trump versus Jeb in New Hampshire on day before crucial primary |
- Former NYC Mayor Bloomberg says eyeing 2016 run for president: FT
- Clinton campaign denies staffing changes in works |
- Corporate winners of Obama budget still face long odds
- Before New Hampshire primary, Trump campaign shows mellower side |
Recent Politics News
NEW YORK One of the women who has accused former U.S. President Bill Clinton of sexual assault says she has agreed to work for an anti-Clinton political group being formed by a former advisor to Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump.
WASHINGTON U.S. President Barack Obama spoke by telephone on Monday with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau about Canada's role in the international effort to combat Islamic State, the White House said.
WASHINGTON/LONDON President Barack Obama will ask the U.S. Congress for more than $1.8 billion in emergency funds to fight Zika at home and abroad and pursue a vaccine, the White House said on Monday, but he added there is no reason to panic over the mosquito-borne virus. | Video
WASHINGTON U.S. President Barack Obama and Italian President Sergio Mattarella met on Monday in the White House and discussed efforts to work together to combat the Islamic State in Libya.