WASHINGTON U.S. Senate Republicans begin another push on Thursday to unravel Obamacare, seeking to wrap up their seven-year offensive against former Democratic President Barack Obama's signature healthcare law that extended insurance coverage to millions.
- Trump could seek 'tougher' Russia sanctions: White House aide
- Russia risks decades of low growth under U.S. sanctions: Putin adviser
- Trump to ban transgender U.S. military personnel, reversing Obama |
- Trump's top picks for bank oversight face Senate grilling
- Hypothetically speaking, U.S. Admiral says ready for nuclear strike on China if Trump so ordered
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said on Wednesday that he was "not going anywhere," denying news reports that he was considering leaving his post. | Video
WASHINGTON U.S. President Donald Trump further stoked speculation about the fate of his attorney general, Jeff Sessions, on Wednesday by assailing him in a fresh round of tweets even as Sessions was attending meetings at the White House.
WASHINGTON U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions plans to announce soon several criminal investigations into intelligence leaks, news outlets reported on Wednesday, as the country's top law enforcement official faced mounting criticism from President Donald Trump.
WASHINGTON Republican U.S. Senate leaders, struggling to keep a seven-year promise to end Obamacare, turned their focus on Wednesday to passing a slimmed-down "skinny" repeal measure that would throw the issue into negotiations with the House of Representatives. | Video