MIAMI - President Barack Obama gave a feel-good campaign-style speech at a gymnasium packed with screaming high school students on Friday, sketching out the main points of his populist agenda ahead of a special election in Florida on Tuesday.
- Rand Paul urges conservatives to elect 'lovers of liberty'
- Kansas violating state constitution in school funding, court says
- Republicans see chance to seize Illinois governor's seat
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- U.S. Senate rejects a bid to overhaul how military handles sexual assault
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration said on Friday Verizon Communications Inc's Terremark unit will remain under contract as host of the federal website HealthCare.gov to better ensure a smooth end to Obamacare's open enrollment period on March 31.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. State Department said on Friday that Syria is at risk of missing a June 30 deadline for disposing of chemical weapons but that the deadline can still be met.
CLEVELAND - Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine collapsed during a speaking engagement on Friday and was taken to a Cincinnati hospital, his office said in a statement.
WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel warned on Thursday that "tough, tough choices are coming" if the Pentagon implements deep future spending cuts required by law, including whether to slash the Army to 420,000 soldiers and decommission an aircraft carrier.