- Indiana Republicans pledged on Monday to clarify a new "religious freedom" law, while similar proposals stalled in Georgia and North Carolina after businesses and activists said such measures could be used to discriminate against gays.
- Arizona governor vetoes bill aimed at shielding police names
- Obama praises Ted Kennedy at opening of Senate replica in Boston |
- Arizona governor signs bill blocking abortion coverage through Obamacare
- Exclusive: Pentagon chief sends military wish lists to Congress with reservations
- Senator Rubio to announce presidential decision on April 13
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - Smoothing the way for a succession of party power in the U.S. Senate, its No. 4 Democrat, Patty Murray, has endorsed New York Senator Chuck Schumer to be the chamber's next Democratic leader after the 2016 elections, replacing Harry Reid, a Murray aide said on Monday.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday declined to hear a new challenge to President Barack Obama's healthcare law that took aim at a bureaucratic board labeled by some Republicans as a "death panel" because it was designed to cut Medicare costs.
WASHINGTON - U.S. Representative Tammy Duckworth, an Illinois Democrat, will run for the U.S. Senate in 2016, saying in a video posted to her website on Monday that she would "fight my heart out" for constituents.
WASHINGTON - A third of Republicans believe President Barack Obama poses an imminent threat to the United States, outranking concerns about Russian President Vladimir Putin and Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. | Video