WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's fiscal 2016 budget would impose a one-time 14 percent tax on some $2 trillion of accumulated U.S. corporate profits earned abroad and set up a 19 percent tax on future foreign earnings, a White House official said on Sunday.
- New Jersey Governor heads to UK for trade, politics, soccer
- Republican Romney opts out of 2016 run for president
- U.S. ground troops could be needed in Iraq: Chuck Hagel
- Latinos delay California U.S. Senate nods as ex-LA mayor mulls run
- After controversy, Oregon governor says no policy role for fiancée
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - Three top U.S. Republican lawmakers, including Representative Paul Ryan, will lead an effort to craft new health reforms that could replace Obamacare, party officials said on Friday.
WASHINGTON - The 2016 U.S. defense budget being released on Monday will continue a recent trend of shifting funds from the Pentagon base budget to its supplemental war-funding request, fuelling criticism of the account's use to offset spending caps, defense analysts say.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration must insist that U.S. trading partners pledge not to manipulate currencies when negotiating trade deals, the Senate Committee on Finance chairman said on Friday.
- U.S. Representative Alan Nunnelee of Mississippi, who was diagnosed with brain cancer last year, has been told by doctors he has a new tumor and it is inoperable, a spokesman for the Republican congressman said on Friday.