WASHINGTON The White House is expected to tell the Pentagon in coming days how to implement a ban on transgender people in the military, according to a memo that says the defense secretary may decide whether to remove service members based on their ability to deploy, a U.S. official said on Wednesday.
- Fellow Republicans rebuke Trump over government shutdown threat |
- U.S. judge throws out Texas voter ID law supported by Trump
- Trump, McConnell say they remain united on shared goals
- U.S. may sanction four countries for refusing deportees: DHS
- Clinton, in book, says Trump's debate stalking made her skin crawl |
Recent Politics News
PHOENIX U.S. President Donald Trump revved up supporters on Tuesday with a defense of his response to a white supremacist-organized rally in Virginia and a promise to shut down the U.S. government if necessary to build a wall along the border with Mexico.
The U.S. Air Force has awarded Lockheed Martin Corp and Raytheon Co separate $900 million contracts to continue work on a replacement for the AGM-86B air-launched nuclear cruise missile, the Pentagon said on Wednesday.
HARTFORD Connecticut, home to hedge fund billionaires alongside cities mired in poverty, is racing against the clock to pass a budget or face further spending cuts to education and municipal aid across the state. | Video
WASHINGTON/KUALA LUMPUR U.S. President Donald Trump plans to meet Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak, who is embroiled in a corruption scandal at home, on Sept. 12 at the White House, officials from both countries confirmed on Thursday.