President Donald Trump's administration on Wednesday revoked landmark guidance to public schools letting transgender students use the bathrooms of their choice, reversing a signature initiative of former Democratic President Barack Obama. | Video
- Deportation spat overshadows Trump envoys' talks with angry Mexico
- Trump to seek jobs advice from firms that offshore U.S. work |
- Conservatives gather to praise Trump, bury differences
- Emails show ties between new EPA head, energy firms: watchdog
- Republicans more concerned by leaks than Trump team Russian ties: Reuters/Ipsos poll
Recent Politics News
GUATEMALA CITY U.S. Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly on Wednesday told Guatemalans not to waste their money trying to get to the United States illegally, detailing how his department was cracking down on undocumented immigrants and would speed up deportations.
HAVANA Cuban President Raul Castro made it clear to a visiting U.S. congressional delegation that his country was intent on pursuing market reform and detente with the United States, U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy told a news conference on Wednesday.
Legislation to raise taxes in Republican-controlled Kansas to help balance the budget was defeated on Wednesday after the state Senate failed to override the governor's veto.
WASHINGTON The White House has pushed back the release of a new executive order to replace its directive suspending travel to the United States by citizens of seven mostly Muslim countries, a White House official said on Wednesday.