Former President Barack Obama returns to the campaign trail on Thursday for the first time since he left the White House, venturing out to support Democrats in two governor's races that could offer a clue about the national mood before next year's midterm elections.
- Conservative Republican tries to derail reappointment of Fed's Yellen
- Senate heads for vote crucial to Trump's tax reform plan
- Senator unveils rare bipartisan healthcare initiative
- Trump to address Senate Republicans on Tuesday: Senator Barrasso
- Trump says to work with Congress on more aid for Puerto Rico
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON Senator John McCain suggested on Thursday that the Senate Armed Services Committee, the powerful congressional panel he chairs, may consider issuing a subpoena to make the White House's top cyber security official testify.
WASHINGTON Facebook Inc and Twitter Inc will send their general counsels to testify on Nov. 1 before two Congressional panels investigating possible Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. election, the companies said on Thursday.
PHILADELPHIA Tom Westerman voted for Donald Trump in last year's election but says he might not do so again after the president cut off billions of dollars in Obamacare subsidies to health insurance companies.
NEW YORK (IFR) - The investigative arm of Congress has decided that US bank guidelines on leveraged lending are subject to Congressional review, clearing the way for them to possibly be overturned.