WASHINGTON Republican U.S. Senate leaders, struggling to keep a seven-year-old promise to end Obamacare, turned their focus on Wednesday to passing a slimmed-down "skinny" repeal measure that would throw the issue into negotiations with the House of Representatives. | Video
- Trump to ban transgender military personnel, reversing Obama |
- Head of Senate panel says near deal on Russia, Iran sanctions vote
- Secretary of State Tillerson says he is 'not going anywhere' |
- Trump criticism prompts questions over Attorney General's future
- White House domestic advisers take lead on refugee decision: officials
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin urged Congress on Wednesday to raise the federal debt limit before lawmakers start their August recess, to avoid higher interest costs to taxpayers and market uncertainty about a potential default.
WASHINGTON U.S. banking rules must protect the financial system but they need "some refinement," President Donald Trump's nominee for the Federal Reserve's top regulatory post told lawmakers on Wednesday.
WASHINGTON U.S. officials are discussing whether to withhold a portion of U.S. assistance to Egypt to protest Egyptian passage of a law that imposes restrictions on non-governmental organizations, a senior administration official said on Wednesday.
BOSTON A ruling by Massachusetts' top court could influence other state courts to rule that police cannot detain illegal immigrants solely to give federal authorities time to take them into custody, state Attorney General Maura Healey said on Wednesday.