WASHINGTON U.S. President Donald Trump indicated an openness on Monday to delaying his push to secure funds for his promised border wall with Mexico, potentially eliminating a sticking point as lawmakers worked to avoid a looming shutdown of the federal government. | Video
- Senate gives limited resources to Russia election-meddling probe
- State Department website posts article on Trump's Florida resort
- Senate confirms Trump's agriculture secretary
- Trump tax push raises questions about scope of his 'reform'
- Obama makes no mention of Trump in first major post-presidential appearance |
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON The head of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission is expected to unveil his strategy this week to overturn landmark 2015 net neutrality rules, a move that will kickoff a new battle over the future of the internet.
WASHINGTON U.S. Education Secretary Betsy DeVos has been reworking student lending since her appointment in February, raising concerns among Democrats that she will undo former President Barack Obama's overhaul of college financial aid.
WASHINGTON Expanding the U.S. Navy to 355 ships as recommended by military leaders and backed by President Donald Trump would cost some $400 billion more over the next 30 years than the currently planned 308-ship fleet, according to a study released on Monday.
WASHINGTON President Donald Trump complained on Monday that the United States is shouldering an unfair burden of the cost of the United Nations, but said if the world body reforms how it operates, the investment would be worth it.