VIENNA - It's always awkward to defend your enemies. But that's the position U.S. President Barack Obama's administration has found itself in with Iran as it pushes for an historic accord that would end a 12-year nuclear standoff.
- Republican Christie criticizes high court's gay marriage ruling |
- Cruz presidential campaign says supporters donated $51 million
- Republican climate advocate makes big 2016 campaign gift
- Hillary Clinton accuses China of hacking U.S. computers |
- Hillary Clinton: no substitute for 'constant engagement' with Putin
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's administration was unexpectedly on the winning side in nearly all the close, politically significant Supreme Court cases decided in the term that ended this week, including blockbuster rulings on Obamacare and gay marriage.
- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo on Friday ordered heightened security measures across the state over the U.S. July Fourth holiday weekend in response to a call for vigilance by the federal government. | Video
HANOI/WASHINGTON - Vietnam's Communist Party chief will visit the United States next week in a landmark trip that could prove pivotal in Washington's bid to bolster its Asian alliances in the back yard of an increasingly assertive China.
HANOVER, N.H. - Democratic presidential contender Hillary Clinton said on Friday she hoped 18 months of nuclear talks between Iran and major powers would yield a deal in coming days to curb Iran's nuclear program.