WASHINGTON President-elect Donald Trump on Wednesday picked a fossil fuel industry defender as his top environmental official, another retired general as homeland security chief and Iowa's governor as U.S. ambassador to China in choices at odds with some of his recent pronouncements. | Video
- U.S. Republicans quibble over effective date of Obamacare repeal
- Cuba wants to sign accords with U.S. before Obama exit - officials
- Trump to pick foe of Obama climate agenda to run EPA -source
- Trump defends Boeing tweet, says companies shouldn't worry
- U.S. judge hears arguments on Michigan presidential recount
Recent Politics News
The U.S. Senate voted overwhelmingly on Wednesday to support sweeping legislation that will reshape the way the Food and Drug Administration approves new medicines.
WASHINGTON Koch Industries, the private conglomerate owned by billionaire conservatives Charles and David Koch, warned on Wednesday that a Republican tax reform proposal meant to encourage U.S. exports could have devastating effects on the economy and consumers.
WASHINGTON Time Magazine named U.S. President-elect Donald Trump its person of the year on Wednesday, citing the upheaval in American politics brought about by the New York businessman's election campaign and victory.
WASHINGTON U.S. President-elect Donald Trump said on Wednesday he will nominate professional wrestling magnate and former Senate candidate Linda McMahon as his choice to head the Small Business Administration.