WASHINGTON President Donald Trump's drive to overhaul the U.S. tax code headed for a pivotal moment on Thursday, with Senate Republicans poised to approve a budget measure that would help them pass tax legislation without Democratic support.
- White House says Trump opposes Senate's bipartisan Obamacare deal |
- Exclusive: Trump selects Washington lawyer Joe Simons to head FTC - official
- Judge raises doubts over suit against Trump on foreign payments
- Settlement proposed in North Carolina transgender bathroom lawsuit
- White House says Trump's check to military family has been sent |
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions refused on Wednesday to answer lawmakers' questions about his discussions with President Donald Trump on Russia and denied lying to Congress about his own contacts with Russians during the 2016 election campaign. | Video
WASHINGTON U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said on Wednesday the United States held Myanmar's military leadership responsible for its harsh crackdown on the Rohingya Muslim minority.
WASHINGTON/NEW YORK U.S. President Donald Trump and Puerto Rico Governor Ricardo Rossello are due to meet at the White House on Thursday to discuss rebuilding efforts after Hurricane Maria devastated the island a month ago, the White House said.
WASHINGTON U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said before a visit to India next week that the Trump administration wanted to "dramatically deepen" cooperation with New Delhi, seeing it as a key partner in the face of negative Chinese influence in Asia.