WASHINGTON President Barack Obama urged Americans to show generosity to Syrian refugees in his Thanksgiving message on Thursday, reminding them that the Pilgrims who came to America in 1620 were themselves fleeing persecution.
- At Trump's presidential rallies, a combustible mix of glee, fear
- Lagging behind Clinton in 2016 bid, Sanders boosts staff, spending
- Obama says U.S. is safe as millions set off on Thanksgiving travel |
- Exclusive: U.S. has urged legal reforms abroad to block Islamic State recruits
- Obama signs U.S. defense bill into law: White House
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON Speaking at his annual Thanksgiving turkey pardoning on Wednesday, President Barack Obama joked about raising teenage daughters, his critics and the 2016 presidential race.
WASHINGTON A U.S. investigation found that the deadly Oct. 3 air strike in Afghanistan that destroyed a hospital run by Medecins Sans Frontieres was a tragic and avoidable accident caused primarily by human error, a top U.S. military commander said on Wednesday.
WASHINGTON The United States will review Thailand's eligibility for trade benefits after complaints the country is not properly protecting workers' rights, the U.S. Trade Representative said on Wednesday.
WASHINGTON U.S. President Barack Obama congratulated President-elect Mauricio Macri of Argentina on his election in a phone call on Wednesday, the White House said in a statement.