WASHINGTON/NEW YORK The Trump administration is considering tightening the vetting process for women and children seeking to enter the United States as refugees, a proposal that if adopted would bring security checks closer to those for adult men, three sources with knowledge of the plan told Reuters.
- U.S. Senate passes budget blueprint, key to Trump tax effort |
- Exclusive: Tech companies to lobby for immigrant 'Dreamers' to remain in U.S.
- Obama blasts 'politics of division' on return to campaign trail
- Senator McCain says subpoena may be required to get answers on Niger ambush |
- Trump concludes Fed chair interviews, could decide next week: source
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON CIA Director Mike Pompeo on Thursday said, apparently inaccurately, that U.S. intelligence agencies had concluded that Russian interference did not affect the outcome of the 2016 U.S. presidential election.
WASHINGTON A senior White House aide said on Thursday that U.S. President Donald Trump would demand steps toward repealing Obamacare in any healthcare legislation, comments that cast doubt on the prospects for a short-term bill to shore up insurance markets.
Former President George W. Bush decried "bullying and prejudice" while defending immigrants and trade on Thursday in a New York speech that appeared to be a sweeping, thinly veiled critique of President Donald Trump. | Video
WASHINGTON U.S. Senate Democrats on Thursday failed to pass a measure to block oil and gas drilling in part of the Arctic National Wildlife Reserve, losing to Republicans who believe production there would provide jobs and wealth.