MIAMI/WASHINGTON Democrat Tim Kaine made his first appearance on the campaign trail as Hillary Clinton's vice presidential running mate on Saturday, touting an optimistic view of America and leaping to attack Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump's record. | Video
- Sanders says would prefer Elizabeth Warren over Kaine as vice presidential pick
- Democrat Clinton picks Kaine as running mate, bypassing liberals |
- Women in male-dominated career fields watch a unique U.S. presidential campaign
- Kaine's crime-busting past may hurt Clinton's outreach to blacks
- Trump pulls nearly even with Clinton after Republican convention: Reuters/Ipsos poll |
Recent Politics News
BUDAPEST Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban on Saturday said Donald Trump had proposed security policies that Europe should take to heart to solve a security crisis he blames on uncontrolled immigration.
BATON ROUGE, La. David Duke, a former leader of the white supremacist Ku Klux Klan, launched his candidacy on Friday for the U.S. Senate from Louisiana, saying white people are threatened in America and that he hears echoes of his views in Donald Trump's rhetoric. | Video
SEATTLE An Alaska law requiring doctors to notify the parents of girls under the age of 18 seeking an abortion violates the state's constitution and cannot be enforced, the state's top court ruled on Friday.
WASHINGTON President Barack Obama on Friday signed into law a measure that pledges greater efforts to protect drug-dependent newborns and assist their parents.