WASHINGTON Donald Trump's pick for U.N. ambassador echoed his condemnation of the world body and pledged to push for reforms at her confirmation hearing on Wednesday, but broke from the president-elect on some other policy issues, including Russia and NATO. | Video
- Obama says reducing leaker Chelsea Manning's prison term serves justice |
- Senate panel overwhelmingly approves Trump Pentagon pick
- U.S. protest group vows to disrupt Trump inaugural festivities
- One habit Trump says he will keep as president: tweeting
- Trump EPA pick: no plans to review finding that CO2 is dangerous |
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt, U.S. President-elect Donald Trump's choice to lead the Environmental Protection Agency, said on Wednesday he will review the Obama administration's recent decision to lock in fuel efficiency rules.
WASHINGTON President Barack Obama said on Wednesday he decided to eliminate the so-called "wet-foot, dry-foot" policy for Cuban immigrants because it no longer made since given growing U.S. engagement with Havana and the opening of travel between the two countries.
WASHINGTON President Barack Obama urged President-elect Donald Trump on Wednesday to keep separate the issue of economic sanctions on Russia from the pursuit of talks to reduce nuclear stockpiles.
WASHINGTON Billionaire investor Wilbur Ross, U.S. President-elect Donald Trump's choice for commerce secretary, voiced sharp criticism of China's trade practices on Wednesday, telling senators he would seek new ways of combating them.