WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry told U.S. lawmakers on Tuesday he wanted to set the record straight on the Iran nuclear deal and equated walking away from the agreement to giving Tehran a fast track to a nuclear weapon.
- Senate aims to vote on defunding Planned Parenthood
- House speaker: Hillary Clinton should hand over private email server
- White House report calls for eased job licensing requirements
- Huckabee's gas chamber reference to Iran deal draws Israeli criticism
- Key House Democrat cites troublesome issues in Iran nuclear deal
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - The Republican chairman of the House of Representatives Foreign Affairs Committee said on Tuesday the Iran nuclear deal gives Iran a "cash bonanza" while weakening Washington's ability to pressure Tehran.
ADDIS ABABA - U.S. President Barack Obama said on Tuesday that Ethiopia "cannot unleash the full potential of its people" if it jails journalists and restricts legitimate opposition groups.
WASHINGTON - Leaders in the House of Representatives plan to pass a three-month extension of federal transportation funding before leaving Washington on recess, which they could do as early as Wednesday, two Republican lawmakers said on Tuesday.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. House of Representatives committee investigating the 2012 attacks on an American diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, said the State Department has pledged to hand over 5,000 new pages of documents related to the incident on Tuesday.