WASHINGTON - The U.S. Senate on Tuesday narrowly passed a Republican budget plan that prescribes deep domestic spending cuts to eliminate deficits by 2024 and aids the party's goal of trying to dismantle President Barack Obama's signature healthcare law.
- Republican Huckabee appeals to working class in launching 2016 bid |
- U.S. presidential hopeful Sanders: Break up the big banks
- Clinton courts Latinos in Nevada, urges path to citizenship |
- Presidential candidate Fiorina defends Hewlett-Packard tenure
- Texas Senate passes measure to cut insurance payments for abortions
Recent Politics News
NEW YORK - New Yorkers voted in a special election to replace disgraced Representative Michael Grimm on Tuesday,
WASHINGTON - Senate Republicans plan to push ahead with legislation key to sealing a Pacific trade pact as soon as possible, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said on Tuesday, despite objections from the chamber's top Democrat.
WASHINGTON - Overtime pay rules for broad swaths of salaried U.S. workers would be overhauled under a proposal that moved forward on Tuesday, with President Barack Obama pushing to make overtime more widely available.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Companies would no longer have to tell consumers they are recording some cellphone conversations until 20 seconds into the calls under a bill approved Tuesday by a committee in the California legislature.