JERUSALEM - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry headed back to the Middle East on Thursday, a week after his previous visit ended with Palestinian dissatisfaction over U.S. security ideas for an elusive land-for-peace deal with Israel.
- U.S. targets more groups over Iran's nuclear program
- Longtime Obama aide plans to leave as part of White House overhaul: report
- Budget deal headed to vote in U.S. House, passage predicted |
- In Arkansas, crucial Obamacare hub draws little notice
- U.S. senator's top aide arrested on child porn allegations
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - As online enrollment accelerates for medical insurance under President Barack Obama's health law, the government is relying on manual back-up systems to correct computer errors that could leave some enrollees uninsured, the top U.S. health official said on Wednesday.
WASHINGTON - Nineteen people and companies in Europe and Asia acted as middlemen for Iranian airline Mahan Air, helping it procure supplies from the United States in violation of U.S. sanctions, the U.S. Commerce Department said on Wednesday.
SAN FRANCISCO - Democrats who control California's Assembly said on Wednesday their priorities for the next state budget include more spending on early childhood and higher education and leaving $2 billion in reserve at the end of the next fiscal year.