WASHINGTON/NEW YORK - The Democratic minority on a U.S. congressional committee investigating the attack in Benghazi, Libya, intend to defy the committee's Republican leaders by releasing the transcript of a closed-door interview with a former senior aide to Hillary Clinton, they said on Monday.
- Clinton unveils gun control plan during Monday campaign stop
- Presidential candidate Clinton says removing Assad in Syria is No. 1 priority
- Koch brothers, other 2016 mega donors warm to Carly Fiorina
- Clinton to outline gun control plan during Monday campaign stops
- Bernie Sanders to pit his bulldog debate style against Clinton
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - Jason Chaffetz, a rising star among congressional Republicans, on Sunday declared a bid to become speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, complicating further an internal party struggle to replace John Boehner when he steps down.
WASHINGTON - U.S. Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump said on Sunday the Middle East would be more stable if Muammar Gaddafi and Saddam Hussein were still in power in Libya and Iraq, saying it's "not even a contest".
WASHINGTON - The nine justices of the U.S. Supreme Court are set to wade into contentious social matters in their new term beginning on Monday including affirmative action, union powers and voting rights, and could add major cases involving abortion and birth control.
- U.S. Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton, who has been vying with challenger Bernie Sanders for the support of organized labor, scored a win on Saturday with an endorsement from the National Education Association, a huge teachers union.