NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. - Senator Rand Paul won a straw poll of conservative activists on Saturday, giving his potential bid for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016 a boost, and Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker came in second in a surprising show of strength.
- Jeb Bush will refuse to sign tax pledges: spokeswoman
- Congress averts security agency shutdown with one-week spending fix |
- For Republicans, a shift to national security ahead of 2016
- Jeb Bush enters the lion's den, touts conservative credentials
- Obama struggles with Wall Street to woo Democrats over broker rules
Recent Politics News
FORT MEADE, Md. - The U.S. Defense Department said on Friday it had rescinded an order relocating military judges to Guantanamo Bay that was intended to speed up trials of al Qaeda suspects but drew allegations of Pentagon meddling in the judicial process.
WASHINGTON - U.S. senators introduced legislation late on Friday requiring congressional review of any deal with Iran over its nuclear program.
WASHINGTON - The White House released draft legislation on Friday that would give consumers more control over how the trail of data they leave behind them on the internet is used, stored and sold.
WASHINGTON - Cuba and the United States held a second round of talks on Friday toward normalizing ties, and both sides said they made good progress, although they did not set a date for renewal of diplomatic relations that Washington severed 54 years ago. | Video