WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama mounted a vigorous effort on Thursday to show his signature healthcare law is working and dismissed Republican critics who are using flaws in Obamacare to campaign for ousting Democrats from the U.S. Congress in November. | Video
- House Republican leaders holding up immigration reform: Obama
- Two justices say high court will likely rule on NSA programs
- Obama budget would boost U.S. tax revenue, cut deficits: CBO
- Obama looks to salvage Asia 'pivot' as allies fret about China
- Conservatives encouraging presidential bid by surgeon outraise rivals
Recent Politics News
- At least one member of the Biden family will be seeking higher office in 2016.
BOSTON - New Hampshire's Senate failed to repeal the death penalty on Thursday, in a vote that capped weeks of emotional debate while focusing attention on the state's lone death row inmate.
NEW YORK - A prominent hotel executive in New York pleaded guilty on Thursday to conspiring to make $188,000 of illegal campaign contributions to three U.S. candidates via straw donors.
WASHINGTON - An unmanned U.S. Navy helicopter built by Northrop Grumman Corp and a precision ship-landing system built by Raytheon Co face mandatory reviews that could lead to their cancellation after quantity reductions drove unit costs sharply higher in 2013, the Pentagon announced on Thursday.