NEW YORK California nurse Katy Roemer remembers how at the height of the Ebola crisis last year, U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders marched arm-in-arm with union workers as they fought for hazmat suits and other protections to treat patients with infectious diseases.
- Ben Carson to visit Syrian refugees in Jordan: reports
- Trump denies mocking New York Times reporter's disability |
- Remember the Pilgrims, Obama says, in appeal for generosity to Syrian refugees |
- At Trump's presidential rallies, a combustible mix of glee, fear |
- Lagging behind Clinton in 2016 bid, Sanders boosts staff, spending
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON/NEW YORK President Barack Obama sought to reassure Americans they were safe as millions of travelers set off for the long Thanksgiving weekend on Wednesday and authorities stepped up security at airports in response to the attacks in Paris two weeks ago. | Video
WASHINGTON The U.S. Justice Department has provided specific suggestions to governments in Europe and elsewhere on how to strengthen counterterrorism laws in order to arrest would-be foreign fighters before they join groups like Islamic State, according to a policy paper reviewed by Reuters.
WASHINGTON President Barack Obama signed a sweeping defense policy bill into law on Wednesday, legislation that authorizes $607 billion in defense spending but also includes provisions that make it harder to close the military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
WASHINGTON Speaking at his annual Thanksgiving turkey pardoning on Wednesday, President Barack Obama joked about raising teenage daughters, his critics and the 2016 presidential race.