- When Mohammad Hamedi Rad arrived in the United States last year, he carried his Iranian passport, a hard-won student visa and a backpack containing $14,000 in hundred dollar bills, because there was no simpler way of getting money into the country.
- U.S.-Afghan security pact needs clarity by February: Hagel
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel
- Obama takes up new agenda item after battering on healthcare
- Hagel says U.S. commitment to Middle East security endures
- Health website transactions fail 10 percent of time: U.S. official
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - Senator Thad Cochran of Mississippi announced on Friday that he will run for re-election next year, ending speculation that one of the longest serving Republicans was ready to retire and avoid a Tea Party-backed primary challenge.
MANAMA - Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel toured a U.S. warship in the Gulf on Friday and declared Washington's commitment to Middle East security, despite policy differences over Iran and Syria that have angered Gulf allies.
WASHINGTON - Rick Santorum, a former and possibly future Republican presidential candidate, offered a tribute to Nelson Mandela that linked the late South African leader's fight against apartheid to the U.S. battle over Obamacare.
WASHINGTON - The leaders of three U.S. Senate committees asked intelligence officials on Friday for regular briefings on whether Iran is complying with an interim agreement to rein in its nuclear program, as Congress weighs whether to impose a new round of sanctions on Tehran.