ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE - President Barack Obama embarked on a three-day trip on Monday with former President George W. Bush, leading a U.S. contingent to attend a memorial service in South Africa for the late Nelson Mandela.
- Pentagon chief Hagel in Pakistan for talks on security, drones
- Rand Paul says 'seriously thinking about' 2016 White House run
- Democrats wouldn't reject U.S. budget deal over jobless aid: senator
- U.S. defense chief to visit Pakistan for talks with prime minister
- Analysis: U.S. budget deal could bring truce, minimize shutdown threats
Recent Politics News
- When Mohammad Hamedi Rad arrived in the United States last year, he carried his Iranian passport, a hard-won student visa and a backpack containing $14,000 in hundred dollar bills, because there was no simpler way of getting money into the country.
KABUL - A NATO meeting in February could become a new deadline for a security pact between the United States and Afghanistan, whose president has been reluctant to sign the deal, U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said on visit to Kabul.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama on Saturday defended an interim deal with Iran to curb its nuclear program and, seeking to reassure Israel, pledged to step up sanctions or prepare for a potential military strike if Tehran fails to abide by the pact.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama, battered by weeks of turmoil over the malfunctioning HealthCare.Gov website, turned to a fresh item on his agenda on Saturday as he pressured Republicans in Congress to extend benefits for jobless Americans.