WASHINGTON - Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives on Wednesday were falling in line behind a bipartisan two-year budget deal, indicating that the normally rambunctious group of lawmakers is not spoiling for a year-end fiscal fight. | Video
- Longtime Obama aide plans to leave as part of White House overhaul: report
- In Arkansas, crucial Obamacare hub draws little notice
- U.S. senator's top aide arrested on child porn allegations
- Obamacare agency relies on manual back-ups as enrollment rises
- U.S. says firms helped Iranian airline skirt sanctions
Recent Politics News
SAN FRANCISCO - Democrats who control California's Assembly said on Wednesday their priorities for the next state budget include more spending on early childhood and higher education and leaving $2 billion in reserve at the end of the next fiscal year.
WASHINGTON - John Podesta's return to the White House could dim prospects for the Keystone XL pipeline's approval, environmentalists said Wednesday, as the Democratic Party elder and Keystone critic crafts policies to curb climate change.
WASHINGTON - The top Republican on the U.S. Senate's tax-writing panel on Wednesday endorsed President Barack Obama's nominee to be the next chief of the Internal Revenue Service, smoothing the path for what will likely be a prompt Senate confirmation.