AUSTIN, Texas - Former U.S. President George H.W. Bush, 90, remained hospitalized near his home in Houston on Wednesday as a precaution after experiencing shortness of breath, a spokesman for the 41st president said.
- As U.S. troops return to Iraq, more private contractors follow
- U.S. Representative Grimm says will not resign after pleading guilty to tax fraud
- U.S. judge throws out Arizona sheriff's immigration suit against Obama
- Obama applauds Sony decision to show 'The Interview': White House
- U.S. says 6.4 million signed up for 2015 HealthCare.gov plans
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - House Republican investigators fault top Internal Revenue Service officials for mistreating conservative organizations who sought tax-exempt status, but have found no connection to the White House, according to an interim report released on Tuesday.
HAVANA - President Barack Obama's decision to end five decades of enmity with Cuba has shaken the island's political dissidents, dividing their ranks and forcing them to rethink tactics.
WASHINGTON - The top Democrat on the powerful U.S. House Oversight and Government Reform Committee has asked Sony Pictures Entertainment to hand over details of what he describes as the "devastating cyberattack" recently suffered by the Hollywood studio.
WARSAW - This month's acknowledgment by Poland's former president that he allowed the CIA to operate a secret interrogation center throws the Polish government's appeal against a European court ruling on the jail into disarray.