CHARLESTON, S.C. - South Carolina's Senate passed legislation Tuesday to remove the Confederate battle flag from the state house, where it has flown for five decades despite being viewed by many as a symbol of slavery.
- Republican Rubio calls U.S. higher education system 'cartel,' urges overhaul
- Republican Fiorina raises $1.4 million for U.S. presidential bid
- Vietnam's Trong, Obama discuss South China Sea at White House
- No. 2 House Democrat supports legislation to restructure Puerto Rico debt
- U.S. court upholds federal contractor campaign finance ban
Recent Politics News
IOWA CITY, Iowa - U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton said on Tuesday that Puerto Rico's public entities should be able to use U.S. bankruptcy laws to restructure some $72 billion in debt.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio called on Tuesday for an overhaul of the country's higher education system, saying that universities were operating as a "cartel" and were not meeting the needs of students or the economy.
WASHINGTON - After days of outrage, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said on Monday that some of his criticism of Mexico has been distorted but stuck to his stance that many illegal immigrants coming across the Mexican border are criminals.A new statement from the billionaire real estate developer came as his empire took a fresh blow. Sports broadcaster ESPN announced it would move the upcoming ESPY Celebrity Golf Classic from Trump National Golf Club to Pelican Hill Golf
CARACAS - Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro said on Monday that a recently created diplomatic back-channel with the United States is "working very well" at improving communication between the two countries following more than a decade of tensions.