WASHINGTON/BEIJING The White House said on Monday it had sought to reassure China after President-elect Donald Trump's phone call with Taiwan's leader last week, which the Obama administration warned could undermine progress in relations with Beijing. | Video
- Trump, ex-Vice President Gore meet to talk climate policy |
- California prepares to fight Trump on immigration, other issues
- Top U.S. Marine's wish-list for Trump goes well beyond troop hikes
- After hesitation, Carson accepts Trump's offer to head U.S. housing department
- Trump fires opening salvo in risky test of wills with Beijing
Recent Politics News
NEW YORK Green Party presidential nominee Jill Stein pressed her case on Monday for recounts of U.S. presidential ballots in three states, and locked horns with President-elect Donald Trump over her motives. | Video
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory on Monday conceded the state's contested gubernatorial race to Democrat Roy Cooper, almost four weeks after the Nov. 8 election that many viewed as a referendum on a law limiting transgender bathroom rights.
NEW YORK/WASHINGTON President-elect Donald Trump will be able to make many of his promised changes in immigration policy unilaterally by exercising the same kind of executive powers he criticized President Barack Obama for using.
WASHINGTON U.S. Supreme Court justices on Monday struggled over how to determine when states have unlawfully considered race in drawing legislative districts as they weighed cases in which Republicans in Virginia and North Carolina were accused of trying to dilute the clout of black voters.