WASHINGTON - The Senate passed a Republican-authored budget plan early on Friday that seeks $5.1 trillion in domestic spending cuts over 10 years while boosting military funding.
- Kerry orders probe of U.S. State Department email procedures
- Senate Democrat Reid to retire; favors Schumer to replace him as leader |
- Senate delays vote on Medicare payment fix for two weeks
- Exclusive: Upset by Warren, U.S. banks debate halting some campaign donations |
- White House pans Senate-passed budget for 'gimmicks,' funding cuts
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe will address a joint meeting of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives on April 29, becoming the first Japanese leader to do so.
WASHINGTON/NEW YORK - The U.S. House of Representatives on Thursday overwhelmingly approved a bill to permanently repair the formula for reimbursing Medicare physicians, marking a rare bipartisan achievement and sending the issue next to the Senate.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Senate on Thursday launched a marathon session that will end with a vote on a budget plan after lawmakers weigh in on dozens of amendments that are likely to have more effect on campaign ads in 2016 than the final spending plan.
WASHINGTON - Maybe it was the kiss that John Boehner planted on Nancy Pelosi's cheek that early January day in front of the entire House of Representatives that should have provided a clue.