ATLANTA - Twelve Pacific Rim countries on Monday reached the most ambitious trade pact in a generation, aiming to liberalize commerce in 40 percent of the world's economy in a deal that faces skepticism from U.S. lawmakers. | Video
- Clinton vows to take on gun lobby, pledges tighter restrictions |
- Benghazi committee Democrats say they'll release witness transcripts
- California governor signs bill legalizing physician-assisted suicide
- White House says Obama would veto current defense bill
- Clinton TV ad rallies supporters on Benghazi investigation
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - The U.S. House of Representatives will vote to elect its next speaker on Oct. 29, retiring House Speaker John Boehner announced on Monday. But with Republicans in turmoil, Boehner delayed the voting for other party leadership races.
- New Hampshire Governor Maggie Hassan announced on Monday that she will challenge Republican Kelly Ayotte for her seat in the United States Senate, a boost for Democratic leaders hoping to recapture the chamber in 2016.
HOLLIS, N.H. - U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton on Monday said removing President Bashar al-Assad is the top priority in Syria.
NEW YORK - Carly Fiorina has emerged as the Republican candidate of the moment in conservative fundraising circles, drawing the notice of the billionaire Koch brothers and other wealthy donors who could instantly remake her shoestring presidential campaign.