WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama will announce an initiative on Wednesday to devote $600 million to address a central challenge of today's economy: How to train workers for skills they need for jobs that are open but hard to fill.
- Ex-con, ex-governor Edwards raises $33,000 in Louisiana run for Congress
- Former New York Mayor Bloomberg to spend $50 million in anti-gun drive
- U.S. approves F-35 flights to UK for two air shows in July: officials
- Michigan, White House discuss federal money for bankrupt Detroit: report
- Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on healthcare: Reuters/Ipsos poll
Recent Politics News
PHOENIX - Arizona Governor Jan Brewer on Tuesday signed into a law a bill allowing state health authorities to conduct surprise inspections of abortion clinics without first obtaining a warrant, handing another victory to abortion foes.
TAMPA, Florida - Despite enduring "a perfect storm" of troubles for U.S. spy agencies over the last 18 months, the director of national intelligence announced on Tuesday that he plans to stay on the job through the end of President Barack Obama's term.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Two incompatible ballot measures on background checks for gun buyers in Washington state enjoy majority support in a poll released on Tuesday, but the one advancing stricter gun controls is more popular.
WASHINGTON - Lawmakers probing how General Motors used faulty ignition switches in many vehicles are turning their scrutiny to the supplier of the part, Delphi Automotive.