WASHINGTON U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said on Wednesday he does not yet know how Republicans will amass the votes needed to pass legislation now being crafted to dismantle Obamacare, but expressed some optimism on another top priority, overhauling the tax code. | Video
- U.S. to boost sanctions on Iran, Syria, North Korea: Treasury's Mnuchin
- House intelligence committee Democrat says panel to subpoena Flynn
- On trip abroad, Trump stays on script, but will it last?
- Senior U.S. lawmakers call to condemn Turkey after Washington street brawl
- Despite vow, Trump Organization not tracking all profits from foreign governments
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON A week after President Donald Trump said he was close to picking a new FBI director to replace the one he fired, the White House has decided to renew its search, CNN reported on Wednesday.
WASHINGTON Carter Page, a former foreign policy adviser to Donald Trump's presidential campaign, will testify on June 6 before a House committee investigating alleged efforts by Russia to influence the U.S. election, ABC News reported on Wednesday.
WASHINGTON U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Wednesday said he has yet to hit upon a formula for repealing Obamacare and replacing it with a new healthcare program, but he expressed some optimism on another top priority, overhauling the tax code.
VATICAN CITY Pope Francis urged U.S. President Donald Trump to be a peacemaker at their first meeting on Wednesday after they exchanged sharp words last year, and Trump promised he would not forget the pontiff's message. | Video