WASHINGTON The Republican-led Congress averted a U.S. government shutdown on Friday and gave lawmakers another week to work out federal spending through Sept. 30, with tricky issues like defense spending still unresolved. | Video
- Trump to order a study on abuses of U.S. trade agreements
- Trump pledges fealty to NRA gun lobby |
- Trump's faulty trade math may not make America greater, or richer
- Exclusive: 'If there's a shutdown, there's a shutdown,' Trump says |
- Exclusive: Trump says 'major, major' conflict with North Korea possible, but seeks diplomacy |
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON The website of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, EPA.gov, is getting a makeover to reflect the views of President Donald Trump and EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt, the agency said on Friday.
WASHINGTON A U.S. appeals court on Friday granted a Trump administration request to put on hold a legal challenge by industry and a group of states to former President Barack Obama's regulations aimed at curbing greenhouse emissions mainly from coal-fired power plants, rules that the Republican president is moving to undo.
WASHINGTON Lawmakers, lobbyists and interest groups are making a final push in their fight over regulations enacted during former President Barack Obama's last months in office, with the financial services industry working hard to kill a rule on retirement plans run by states.
WASHINGTON He misses driving, feels as if he is in a cocoon, and is surprised how hard his new job is. | Video