WASHINGTON Two leading Republican senators joined Democrats on Tuesday in questioning the objectivity of the chairman of House of Representatives intelligence committee in its investigation of possible Russia ties to President Donald Trump's campaign.
- Trump to sign order sweeping away Obama-era climate policies |
- Exclusive: As Democratic attorneys general target Trump, Republican AGs target them
- House Republicans consider reviving healthcare push: lawmaker
- House intelligence panel chair: Probe of Russia continues
- Trump tax plan faces rockier road after bruising healthcare loss |
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON Democratic opposition to President Donald Trump's U.S. Supreme Court nominee grew on Monday while the White House demanded a "fair, up-or-down vote" in the Senate on confirming Neil Gorsuch to the lifetime post.
WASHINGTON The top Democrat on the Senate Finance Committee asked the government ethics watchdog on Monday to review comments by Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin plugging "The Lego Batman Movie," a film one of his companies produced, for a possible ethics violation.
WASHINGTON U.S. President Donald Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, already a White House senior adviser, will take on the additional task of overseeing an effort to overhaul the federal government, the White House said on Monday. | Video
WASHINGTON Attorney General Jeff Sessions threatened on Monday to cut off U.S. Justice Department grants to cities that fail to assist federal immigration authorities, moving the Trump administration closer to a potential clash with leaders of America's largest urban centers.