WASHINGTON - Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson told a Florida television station on Sunday that he is running for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination.
- Boehner says Hillary Clinton should support White House on trade
- Senate panel raises privacy concerns in White House hacking incident
- Justice Department to boost disclosure of cellphone tracking programs: WSJ
- On Clinton's age, Republican rivals imply -- but never say -- she's old |
- Ohio's Kasich says 2016 presidential run depends on money
Recent Politics News
NEW YORK - New York state Senate Majority Leader Dean Skelos, a Republican, and his son are expected to be arrested next week on federal corruption charges, The New York Times reported on Friday, citing unnamed sources.
WASHINGTON - Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives passed the first joint House-Senate budget plan in six years on Thursday, a measure that aids the party's goal of dismantling President Barack Obama's signature healthcare reform law this year.
WASHINGTON - A dispute among Republican senators over changes to an Iran nuclear review bill on Thursday threatened the measure's chances of being passed by the U.S. Congress, leaving Senate leaders scrambling for a way to advance the legislation.
WASHINGTON - A bill to end spy agencies' bulk collection of Americans' telephone data advanced in the U.S. House of Representatives on Thursday, setting up a potential showdown over the program, which expires on June 1.