LOS ANGELES - California Attorney General Kamala Harris sought to engage and energize fellow Democrats on Saturday and warned them not to become complacent with their domination of state politics.
- Rand Paul wins again in conservative Republican poll
- California election season starts with Democrats convention
- Obama to expand national monument on California coast: White House
- Republicans gain momentum in close fight for U.S. Senate
- Obama calls six world leaders about Ukraine crisis: White House
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - Republicans, looking for ways to turn November's congressional elections into a referendum on President Barack Obama's signature healthcare law, are trying to portray Obamacare as a danger to Medicare.
MIAMI - President Barack Obama gave a feel-good campaign-style speech at a gymnasium packed with screaming high school students on Friday, sketching out the main points of his populist agenda ahead of a special election in Florida on Tuesday.
WASHINGTON - Republican Rand Paul, a potential 2016 White House contender, on Friday accused President Barack Obama of restricting civil liberties and urged conservatives to "stand with me" in electing a president who would protect personal rights.
- Kansas is violating the state constitution in its funding of public schools, a duty that is mandatory and not to be left to the whims of state legislators, the Kansas Supreme Court ruled on Friday.