SPRINGFIELD, Ill. President Barack Obama paid a nostalgic visit on Wednesday to the place that launched his political career and made a renewed call for better relations between Republicans and Democrats to create a more positive tone in U.S. politics.
- Obama plan to ease new U.S. visa limits faces skeptics in Congress
- Ohio House passes bill to deny funds to Planned Parenthood
- Republicans Christie, Fiorina dropping White House bids
- Embattled Pennsylvania attorney general survives Senate removal vote
- Republicans' feud threatens to reignite fiscal battles
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON The head of the Senate Armed Services Committee on Wednesday increased pressure on the Pentagon and the Air Force to justify continued use of Russian rocket engines for U.S. satellite launches, demanding answers to detailed questions by Feb. 22.
MANCHESTER, N.H. Bernie Sanders had breakfast with one of America's most prominent civil rights activists, Al Sharpton, just hours after trouncing Hillary Clinton in the New Hampshire Democratic presidential nominating contest. | Video
MANCHESTER, N.H. Donald Trump served notice on Tuesday to those who have refused to take his 2016 White House campaign seriously: The celebrity real-estate developer and former reality show host is no joke. | Video
WASHINGTON The White House promised on Wednesday that it would be able to uphold U.S. commitments to an international climate change agreement, as a court ruling heightened concerns about the stability of the global carbon reduction pact reached last year.