WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama signed a law on Friday that effectively bars an Iranian diplomat from serving as an envoy at the United Nations because of suspicions he was involved in the 1979-81 Tehran hostage crisis.
- Supreme Court denies Teva stay in Copaxone patent fight
- Obama argues healthcare law is working, rejects Republican criticism |
- House Republican leaders holding up immigration reform: Obama
- Two justices say high court will likely rule on NSA programs
- U.S. appeals court rejects latest challenge to Wisconsin union law
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's fiscal 2015 budget request would boost U.S. tax revenue by nearly $1.4 trillion over 10 years if fully enacted, cutting deficits by $1.05 trillion while funding new spending, the Congressional Budget Office said on Thursday.
(The last paragraph of this April 16 story has been corrected to say Chuck Hagel is U.S. Defense Secretary)
WASHINGTON - If money is any indication, a prominent Baltimore doctor with no political experience is an early front-runner in the 2016 U.S. presidential race.
- At least one member of the Biden family will be seeking higher office in 2016.