WASHINGTON The U.S. Senate voted unanimously on Wednesday to toughen sanctions on North Korea over its nuclear program, human rights record and cyber activities, as U.S. lawmakers sought to crack down on Pyongyang for its nuclear tests. | Video
- In Illinois homecoming, Obama calls for improved tone in U.S. politics |
- Ohio House passes bill to deny funds to Planned Parenthood
- House passes bill requiring EPA actions on lead-laced water
- Puerto Rico senate approves bill to restructure utility PREPA
- White House says opposes House bill on restaurant calories
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON President Barack Obama's plan to loosen some requirements of a visa law spurred by the deadly attacks in Paris met with open resistance from both Democrats and Republicans in the U.S. Congress on Wednesday.
WASHINGTON The White House vowed Wednesday that the United States would still meet international commitments to cut carbon emissions, seeking to allay concerns that the Supreme Court might take away one of its main weapons against climate change.
HARRISBURG, Pa. Republican state senators in Pennsylvania failed to muster enough votes on Wednesday to oust Attorney General Kathleen Kane, who is facing criminal charges for allegedly leaking secret grand jury material.