- Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton this week will call on U.S. lawmakers to lift the long-standing economic embargo against Cuba, her campaign announced on Wednesday.
- House Speaker Boehner brushes off call for his ouster
- Trump lands in new controversy over breast-feeding comments
- Canada PM not hopeful that Obama will approve Keystone pipeline
- Obamacare case to be turned against government on emissions rule
- Congressman Fattah of Philadelphia charged in racketeering conspiracy
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - In a rapidly shifting battle, Republican leaders in the U.S. Congress on Tuesday prepared to pass a three-month highway funding extension while leaving the idled Export-Import Bank's fate hanging at least into September.
WASHINGTON - The chairman and the ranking member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee asked Secretary of State John Kerry on Wednesday for a briefing on the trafficking in persons report that was released on Monday.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama plans to discuss the Iran nuclear deal, as well as efforts to revive the U.S. Export-Import Bank and extend federal transportation funding, when he meets with House of Representatives Democrats later on Wednesday, the White House said.
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry intensified efforts on Tuesday to beat back criticism of the Iran nuclear deal and convince U.S. lawmakers that rejecting it would give Tehran a fast track to a weapon and access to billions of dollars from collapsed sanctions.