WASHINGTON In a stinging blow to President Donald Trump, U.S. Senate Republicans failed on Friday to dismantle Obamacare, falling short on a major campaign promise and perhaps ending a seven-year quest by their party to gut the healthcare law. | Video
- Senate slaps new sanctions on Russia, putting Trump in corner |
- House of Representatives boosts military spending, gives Trump border wall money
- Top Trump lieutenant Scaramucci lashes colleagues in obscene rant
- Hypothetically speaking, U.S. Admiral says ready for nuclear strike on China if Trump so ordered
- Trump ban on transgender service members alarms some military officers |
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON The rifts inside President Donald Trump's White House were on startling display on Thursday, as his new communications director urged Trump's chief of staff to state publicly that he does not leak information to the media. | Video
Kansas Governor Sam Brownback on Thursday shrugged off the political backlash and budget woes stirred by his aggressive tax-cutting policies at home as he looked forward to a new role as the Trump administration's chief defender of global religious tolerance.
WASHINGTON President Donald Trump warned the administration of George W. Bush in 2004 that big U.S. bank mergers were "totally out of control" and should be stopped as they were forcing businesses to borrow money from foreigners, according to a letter seen by Reuters.
WASHINGTON Two prominent U.S. Democratic senators are raising questions about President Donald Trump's special adviser, Carl Icahn, asking in a letter on Thursday if the activist investor is attempting to persuade the government to lift its "too big to fail" tag from insurer American International Group.