- Obama to name Sally Yates as pick for deputy attorney general
- Young Cuban-American groups emerge as Obama allies
- Lawmaker calls for strong U.S. response to Sony hack, including sanctions
- Obama vows 'do everything I can' to close Guantanamo: CNN interview
- Obama says Putin presiding over economic contraction: CNN interview
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - A panel investigating the CIA's search of a computer network used by U.S. Senate staff will not recommend disciplining the agency officials involved in the incident, according to the New York Times.
WASHINGTON - Normalized relations with Cuba will give the United States its best chance to influence the communist-ruled island, President Barack Obama said on Friday, and he urged Congress to ease the U.S. economic embargo against Havana. | Video
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama signed an annual defense policy bill on Friday that authorizes U.S. training for Iraqi and Syrian forces fighting Islamic State rebels and sets overall defense spending at nearly $578 billion, including about $64 billion for wars abroad.
WASHINGTON - Neither is officially running for president yet, but potential Republican 2016 presidential candidates Rand Paul and Marco Rubio have trading barbs about Cuba in what were the opening shots of an intraparty fight over U.S. policy toward Havana.