WASHINGTON - U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley, a Democrat from Oregon, said on Sunday he would support the nuclear deal with Iran, moving President Barack Obama a step closer to having sufficient backing to ensure the deal stands.
- U.S. presidential hopeful Sanders gains ground on Clinton in Iowa poll
- Christie defends plan to monitor immigrants like FedEx tracks parcels
- Obama invites Pakistan PM Sharif for October visit
- Obama changing name of Alaska's Mount McKinley to Denali
- Texas secessionists launch petition drive for vote to break away
Recent Politics News
- The statue of Confederate president Jefferson Davis was moved from its prominent place on the University of Texas campus in Austin on Sunday, according to footage published on social media and by local Austin American-Statesman newspaper.
WASHINGTON - Senator Jeff Merkley, a Democrat from Oregon, said on Sunday that he will support the nuclear deal with Iran.
ISLAMABAD - U.S. National Security Adviser Susan Rice warned Pakistani political and military leaders on Sunday that recent attacks in Afghanistan by militants based in Pakistan threaten regional security, an official said.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama on Saturday defended his decision to allow Royal Dutch Shell to drill for oil in the Arctic Ocean under what he said were rigorous standards, fending off criticism by environmental groups. | Video