WASHINGTON, Jan 28 - As Washington has tightened its belt in recent years, the budget cuts have sliced most deeply in states where President Obama is unpopular, according to an analysis of federal spending by Reuters. | Video
- New York speaker absence slowing state budget process
- Obama: Netanyahu meeting before Israel election 'inappropriate' - CNN interview
- Obama's pick for attorney general aims to smooth ties with Congress
- New York Assembly speaker to be replaced next week: NYT
- White House seeks $534 billion base defense budget, $51 billion for wars
Recent Politics News
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - U.S. President Barack Obama met with Saudi Arabia's King Salman on Tuesday to pay respects to the late King Abdullah and bolster a relationship that now stretches well beyond oil interests to security cooperation across the volatile Gulf Arab region. | Video
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Army on Tuesday denied that a decision had been made to bring desertion charges against Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl, who was released last year in a controversial prisoner swap after disappearing from his base in Afghanistan in 2009.
- In a move viewed skeptically by legal experts, the socially conservative chief justice of Alabama's Supreme Court on Tuesday encouraged judges in his state to ignore a federal ruling last week striking down its ban on gay marriage.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama has dropped a controversial proposal to tax "529" college savings plans, a White House official said on Tuesday, calling it a "distraction" from administration efforts to provide middle-class tax relief.