ATLANTA - Twelve Pacific Rim countries on Monday reached the most ambitious trade pact in a generation, aiming to liberalize commerce in 40 percent of the world's economy in a deal that faces skepticism from U.S. lawmakers. | Video
- Bush, Rubio battle for donors may presage campaign's next step
- Clinton vows to take on gun lobby, pledges tighter restrictions |
- Benghazi committee Democrats say they'll release witness transcripts
- California governor signs bill legalizing physician-assisted suicide
- White House says Obama would veto current defense bill
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton is attempting to rally her supporters and stoke outrage with a new television advertisement that criticizes Republican remarks on investigations into the September 2011 attack in Benghazi that killed four Americans.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. House of Representatives will vote to elect its next speaker on Oct. 29, retiring House Speaker John Boehner announced on Monday. But with Republicans in turmoil, Boehner delayed the voting for other party leadership races.
- New Hampshire Governor Maggie Hassan announced on Monday that she will challenge Republican Kelly Ayotte for her seat in the United States Senate, a boost for Democratic leaders hoping to recapture the chamber in 2016.
HOLLIS, N.H. - U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton on Monday said removing President Bashar al-Assad is the top priority in Syria.