WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama has invited Pakistan's Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to visit the White House in October, National Security Adviser Susan Rice said in a tweet on Sunday.
- Democratic Senator Merkley airs support for Iran nuclear deal
- Republican Christie proposes tracking immigrants like FedEx packages
- U.S. national security adviser discusses militant attacks in Pakistan talks
- Obama heads north to Alaska, where drilling decision looms large |
- Biden beloved by top Democrats; his candidacy, not so much
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton's support among Democrats has dropped to its lowest point since Reuters/Ipsos began polling on her chances of winning the party's nomination for the 2016 election almost three years ago.
Planned Parenthood filed a complaint in Alabama federal court on Friday seeking to stop the state from defunding its health clinics after the release of covertly recorded videos attacking the organization's handling of aborted fetal tissue.
WASHINGTON - Backers of Vice President Joe Biden are reaching out to donors and activists in the gay and lesbian community to line up financial and political support if Biden, who endorsed same-sex marriage before Hillary Clinton, decides to run for president.
WASHINGTON - U.S. President Barack Obama said on Friday that the U.S. and Israeli governments have been in discussions for months about security cooperation.