WASHINGTON President Donald Trump on Monday dismissed the possibility of curbing a popular tax-deferred U.S. retirement savings program to help pay for his sweeping tax cuts, and voiced doubts about adding another top bracket targeting the wealthiest Americans. | Video
- Border wall prototypes a first small step on Trump campaign promise
- Bernie Sanders brings local politics focus to Massachusetts races
- Iowa pulls request to opt out of Obamacare requirements
- Trump says he is 'very, very close' to making Fed chair decision
- New Hampshire governor asks Trump to stop Indonesian deportation effort
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON U.S. representatives from both parties asked the Department of Justice on Monday whether the domestic terrorism law would cover actions by protesters that shut oil pipelines last year, a move that could potentially increase political rhetoric against climate change activists.
BAGHDAD U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson urged the Iraqi government and the Kurdistan region on Monday to resolve their conflict over Kurdish self-determination and disputed territories through dialogue.
WASHINGTON Former U.S. intelligence officials who worked for both Republican and Democratic presidents urged Congress on Monday to renew an internet surveillance program they said has stopped militant plots and helped policymakers steer through international crises.
WASHINGTON U.S. President Donald Trump said he has not been asked for an interview with U.S. special counsel Robert Mueller, who is leading the federal investigation into alleged Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.