WASHINGTON Two U.S. senators on Tuesday announced a bipartisan breakthrough to shore up Obamacare for two years by reviving federal subsidies for health insurers that President Donald Trump planned to scrap, and the president voiced support for the deal. | Video
- Trump tax plan hits bump in Senate as Rand Paul weighs 'no' vote
- Judge blocks latest Trump curbs on people entering United States |
- Senate presses ex-Trump aide's son for documents in Russia probe: source
- Trump's drug czar nominee withdraws from consideration |
- CIA says mistakenly 'shredded' Senate torture report then did not
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders will focus on getting liberal candidates elected to state and local offices ahead of next year's midterm elections rather than on higher-profile U.S. congressional races, to help build a national progressive movement from the ground up.
WASHINGTON U.S. Senate Democrats vowed on Tuesday to fight a measure expected to be slipped into budget legislation that would open Alaska's Arctic National Wildlife Reserve to oil and gas drilling, saying it would destroy one of earth's remaining paradises.
WASHINGTON U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions directed the agency on Tuesday to hire an asset forfeiture oversight chief, just months after he reinstated a program shut down by the Obama administration that lets police seize cash from crime suspects.
WASHINGTON The United States on Tuesday declined to name China as a currency manipulator although it remained critical of the Chinese government's economic policies ahead of a planned visit to Beijing by President Donald Trump.