ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE - The White House is considering a "wide array" of options for closing the U.S. military prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, spokesman Josh Earnest said on Monday, declining to rule out executive action as an option.
- Hillary Clinton supports ban on 'revolving door' corporate bonuses
- Washington mayor backs police chief after union's no-confidence vote
- Milwaukee mayor wants to outfit all patrol officers with body cameras
- Iran nuclear deal now backed by 31 senators
- Obama Alaska trip aims for 'punctuation mark' on climate legacy
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - U.S. presidential candidate Bernie Sanders narrowed the gap with leading Democratic rival Hillary Clinton in a recent opinion poll in the political bellwether state of Iowa as support for the front-runner fell below 50 percent for the first time this year.
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Chris Christie pushed back on Sunday against "ridiculous" criticism of his proposal to track foreign visitors the way FedEx Corp tracks packages, saying government needs private-sector expertise to tackle illegal immigration.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama has invited Pakistan's prime minister, Nawaz Sharif, for a meeting at the White House on Oct. 22, the U.S. National Security Council said on Sunday.
SAN ANTONIO, Texas - A group called the Texas Nationalist Movement fanned out to 31 cities across Texas this weekend trying to gather the 75,000 signatures they say they need to get the question of the state's secession from the United States on the primary ballot next spring.