CHICAGO - Former House of Representatives Speaker Dennis Hastert was indicted on Thursday on federal charges, including for lying to the FBI, relating to an alleged effort to hide $3.5 million in payments he was making to a person to conceal past misconduct. | Video
- One of the longest shots, Republican Pataki launches White House bid |
- U.S. judge grills lawyer defending Obama's healthcare law changes
- Donald Trump, potential 2016 hopeful, to make announcement June 16: TV station
- Obama administration will not seek Supreme Court stay on immigration action block
- U.S. defense aid to Israel to rise over Iran deal fears: sources
Recent Politics News
CABOT, Penn. - Republican Rick Santorum, who fell short in his 2012 presidential bid, launched another run for the White House on Wednesday with a promise to restore the economic power of middle-class American workers. | Video
WASHINGTON - Wendy Sherman, the lead U.S. negotiator in talks to curb Iran's nuclear program, will step down whenever the negotiations end, the U.S. State Department said on Thursday.
- A majority of Americans support new trade deals, a Reuters/Ipsos poll showed on Wednesday, even as President Barack Obama struggles to win support for legislation key to sealing a signature Pacific Rim trade agreement.
WASHINGTON - U.S. District Judge Rudolph Contreras on Wednesday set a schedule for the State Department to release former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's emails in monthly batches beginning on June 30 and ending in late January.