WASHINGTON - The U.S. House of Representatives on Thursday approved a bill to permanently repair the formula for reimbursing Medicare physicians, marking a rare bipartisan achievement and sending the issue next to the Senate.
- Wisconsin's Walker changes stance on illegal immigrants: WSJ
- House Republican budget crosses finish line, barely
- Schock leaves U.S. Congress, notes Abe Lincoln had troubles too
- Flaws in weapons buying threaten U.S. national security: Sen. McCain
- Indiana governor signs religious freedom bill that could affect gays
Recent Politics News
- Former U.S. Representative Jesse Jackson Jr. was released from an Alabama prison on Thursday after serving time for misusing about $750,000 in campaign funds on luxuries including fur capes and a Rolex watch, local media reported.
NEW YORK - The Republican Party chairman asked U.S. President Barack Obama's administration on Wednesday to disclose when it first learned that Hillary Clinton's pledge to disclose all donors to her family's charities had been "repeatedly violated."
WASHINGTON - U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman said on Thursday a Pacific trade agreement can be wrapped up in months and urged lawmakers to quickly move ahead with key trade legislation.
PHOENIX - Arizona lawmakers on Wednesday passed a controversial measure blocking women from buying insurance that includes abortion coverage through the federal health care exchange.