WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's budget proposals will include a minimum tax of 19 percent on U.S.-based companies' future foreign earnings and a 14 percent tax on their stockpiled offshore profits, Bloomberg news said on Saturday, citing two people familiar with the budget.
- New Jersey Governor heads to UK for trade, politics, soccer
- Republican Romney opts out of 2016 run for president
- U.S. ground troops could be needed in Iraq: Chuck Hagel
- Latinos delay California U.S. Senate nods as ex-LA mayor mulls run
- After controversy, Oregon governor says no policy role for fiancée
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - Three top U.S. Republican lawmakers, including Representative Paul Ryan, will lead an effort to craft new health reforms that could replace Obamacare, party officials said on Friday.
WASHINGTON - The 2016 U.S. defense budget being released on Monday will continue a recent trend of shifting funds from the Pentagon base budget to its supplemental war-funding request, fuelling criticism of the account's use to offset spending caps, defense analysts say.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration must insist that U.S. trading partners pledge not to manipulate currencies when negotiating trade deals, the Senate Committee on Finance chairman said on Friday.
- U.S. Representative Alan Nunnelee of Mississippi, who was diagnosed with brain cancer last year, has been told by doctors he has a new tumor and it is inoperable, a spokesman for the Republican congressman said on Friday.