WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama will deliver the annual State of the Union address on January 28, White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters on Friday.
- Proposed IRS campaign rules may create strange tax-exempt allies
- U.S. Senate panel votes to confirm Obama's pick for IRS chief
- All U.S. states granting military IDs to same-sex spouses: Hagel
- U.S. Senate confirmation marathon approves two more Obama nominees
- Second aide of N.J. Gov Christie resigns after bridge flap
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - The Senate will begin debate on a two-year bipartisan budget agreement on Tuesday, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said on Friday.
WASHINGTON - Retired Federal Bureau of Investigation agent Robert Levinson, who disappeared during a trip to an Iranian island in the Persian Gulf in March 2007, was not a government employee when he went missing, White House spokesman Jay Carney said on Friday. | Video
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama appointed a Capitol Hill veteran as his new White House liaison to the U.S. Congress on Friday in an effort to advance his legislative priorities in an election year.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Senate is unlikely to vote on Janet Yellen's nomination to head the Federal Reserve before Wednesday, the chamber's top Democrat indicated on Friday.