KANOEHE BAY, Hawaii - One week before the U.S. combat mission in Afghanistan draws to a close, President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, thanked American troops on Thursday during a Christmas Day visit to Marine Corps Base Hawaii in Kanoehe Bay.
- Former President George H.W. Bush spends Christmas in hospital
- As U.S. troops return to Iraq, more private contractors follow
- U.S. Representative Grimm says will not resign after pleading guilty to tax fraud
- U.S. judge throws out Arizona sheriff's immigration suit against Obama
- Obama applauds Sony decision to show 'The Interview': White House
Recent Politics News
- About 6.4 million Americans have selected a new individual healthcare plan or have been automatically signed up again for a 2015 insurance plan through the HealthCare.gov website, a top U.S. health official said on Tuesday, putting the agency nearer its 9.1 million goal.
WASHINGTON - House Republican investigators fault top Internal Revenue Service officials for mistreating conservative organizations who sought tax-exempt status, but have found no connection to the White House, according to an interim report released on Tuesday.
HAVANA - President Barack Obama's decision to end five decades of enmity with Cuba has shaken the island's political dissidents, dividing their ranks and forcing them to rethink tactics.
WASHINGTON - The top Democrat on the powerful U.S. House Oversight and Government Reform Committee has asked Sony Pictures Entertainment to hand over details of what he describes as the "devastating cyberattack" recently suffered by the Hollywood studio.