WASHINGTON - U.S. President Barack Obama on Monday signed into law legislation that gives him "fast-track" power to push ahead on a Pacific Rim trade deal that has been the subject of intense debate in Congress and across the nation. | Video
- Obama plans to expand overtime eligibility for millions of workers
- Obama, Rousseff to make up missed White House visit on Tuesday
- State Department won't say if Kerry would testify on Benghazi
- Divided U.S. Supreme Court upholds Oklahoma lethal injection process |
- Bristol Palin says unmarried pregnancy was planned
Recent Politics News
CHICAGO - Illinois state workers cannot be paid without an enacted budget for the fiscal year that begins Wednesday, State Attorney General Lisa Madigan said on Monday as a major labor union warned it could sue over any missed paychecks.
SALT LAKE CITY - Former Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff pleaded not guilty on Monday to charges of public corruption, his lawyer said, in a scandal that embroiled him and his successor in a wide-ranging criminal investigation.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama spoke with French President Francois Hollande on Monday about the Greek crisis, agreeing on the importance of resuming work toward an agreement on a financing and reform package for Athens, the White House said. | Video
WASHINGTON - Ben Carson, a renowned neurosurgeon with no experience in the cutthroat world of Washington politics, is riding a surprising wave of support among conservatives that has placed him near the top of contenders for the Republican presidential nominee in 2016. | Video