- Arkansas lawmakers passed a Religious Freedom Restoration Act on Tuesday that critics said would allow businesses to deny service to gays and lesbians, drawing a swift demand from Wal-Mart Stores Inc for the governor to veto the bill.
- Republican economic veterans, Hubbard and Warsh, advising Jeb Bush: sources
- U.S. House committee subpoenas two Secret Service agents over security incident
- Republicans warn world that Obama U.N. plan could be undone
- U.S. House committee seeks to interview Hillary Clinton over emails
- Venezuela's anti-Obama signature drive passes six million
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - Top Republican budget writers in the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives were working over a two-week congressional recess to iron out differences between their budget plans passed last week, including ideas for changing Medicare.
WASHINGTON - The United States announced on Tuesday it was lifting its hold on the supply of military equipment to Egypt, which was frozen when the military took power in Cairo nearly two years ago.
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - The Arkansas House of Representatives on Tuesday passed a religious freedom bill similar to one recently approved in Indiana, over protests from critics who say it could open the door to discrimination against gays and lesbians.
- U.S. President Barack Obama on Tuesday vetoed a measure by Republicans in Congress that would have blocked a government labor agency's rules designed to speed up the time it takes to unionize workers.