WASHINGTON - Republicans in Washington struggled to fill a leadership void on Thursday as the front-runner to take control of the House of Representatives, Kevin McCarthy, quit the race in a surprise announcement that heightened concerns about the party's ability to govern effectively. | Video
- Tea Party wave that lifted Republicans threatens to engulf them
- Clinton courts left with promise to break up risky banks
- Obama points to Puerto Rico's plight in speech to Latino leaders
- Obama nominates six lawyers to serve as U.S. Attorneys
- Representative Ryan says his statement declining to run for House speaker stands
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - U.S. Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz raised $12.2 million in the third quarter, his campaign said on Thursday.
WASHINGTON - U.S. Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio raised $6 million in the three months ended on Sept. 30, a source said on Thursday citing campaign officials, down from the $12 million the Florida senator raised in the previous three months.
WASHINGTON - The White House urged Republicans in Congress on Thursday to move beyond their leadership struggles and pass critical legislation, including raising the U.S. debt ceiling.
WASHINGTON - Space Exploration Technologies, or SpaceX, has slammed a bid by United Launch Alliance, a joint venture of Lockheed Martin Corp and Boeing Co, to get a waiver from a U.S. ban on Russian rocket engines for military use.