WASHINGTON - After days of outrage, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said on Monday that some of his criticism of Mexico has been distorted but stuck to his stance that many illegal immigrants coming across the Mexican border are criminals.A new statement from the billionaire real estate developer came as his empire took a fresh blow. Sports broadcaster ESPN announced it would move the upcoming ESPY Celebrity Golf Classic from Trump National Golf Club to Pelican Hill Golf
- South Carolina bill to remove Confederate flag advances in legislature |
- Obama says U.S. to increase support for Syria opposition |
- China downplays Hillary Clinton claim it hacked U.S. information
- Hoax letter to Russian media seeks to tie U.S. senator to Ukraine
- White House criticizes Senate for not approving appointments to counter Islamic State
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - Former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder will return as a partner at the law firm he had left to become the nation's top law enforcement official, his new employer said in a statement.
DENVER - Republican 2016 presidential hopefuls Scott Walker and Rick Santorum are suggesting a potentially controversial way to boost Americans' job prospects: admit fewer legal immigrants into the United States. | Video
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry on Monday named former Virginia congressman Thomas Perriello as U.S. special envoy for Africa's Great Lakes region.
VIENNA - It's always awkward to defend your enemies. But that's the position U.S. President Barack Obama's administration has found itself in with Iran as it pushes for an historic accord that would end a 12-year nuclear standoff.