WASHINGTON - The race for the Democratic nomination in the 2016 U.S. presidential election is turning into a battle of ideas between a woman who has not yet said she is running and another who insists she won't.
- Senator Menendez indicted for corruption says 'will be vindicated' |
- Arkansas governor seeks fix of religion bill seen as targeting gays
- Menendez's fate could sharpen Republicans' edge in Senate
- Poll finds rising exile support for Obama's Cuba policy
- New York state pushes education, ethics reforms in new budget
Recent Politics News
SINGAPORE - The United States expects the trade promotion authority (TPA) legislation, which is seen as an important step to speed free trade deals, will be passed by the Congress over the next month, a U.S. official said on Wednesday.
- California's state treasurer sent a stern letter to the state's teachers' pension fund on Wednesday, asking that the fund's managing partner, Cerberus Capital Management, fully divest from the assault weapon manufacturer, Freedom Group.
AUSTIN, Texas - The Republican-controlled Texas House of Representatives gave tentative approval on Wednesday to a $210 billion, two-year budget that includes funds to boost security along the state's border with Mexico.
WASHINGTON - Several Republican governors likely to run for president have secured hundreds millions of dollars under Obamacare while working to dismantle the healthcare law, according to a Reuters review of federal spending records. | Video