WASHINGTON/TAMPA, Fla. Hillary Clinton named U.S. Senator Tim Kaine as her running mate on Friday, opting for an experienced governing partner who will help her present the Democratic ticket as a steady alternative to the unpredictable campaign of Republican presidential rival Donald Trump. | Video
- Women in male-dominated career fields watch a unique U.S. presidential campaign
- Kaine's crime-busting past may hurt Clinton's outreach to blacks
- Trump pulls nearly even with Clinton after Republican convention: Reuters/Ipsos poll
- Hungary's Orban likes what he hears of 'valiant' Trump's security plans
- Former Ku Klux Klan leader Duke runs for U.S. Senate in Louisiana |
Recent Politics News
SEATTLE An Alaska law requiring doctors to notify the parents of girls under the age of 18 seeking an abortion violates the state's constitution and cannot be enforced, the state's top court ruled on Friday.
WASHINGTON President Barack Obama on Friday signed into law a measure that pledges greater efforts to protect drug-dependent newborns and assist their parents.
WASHINGTON President Barack Obama said on Friday after meeting with Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto that Mexico is a critical partner to the United States on a host of issues, including security and climate change.
WASHINGTON The dark vision of America under siege described by Donald Trump in his acceptance speech for the Republican presidential nomination does not mesh with reality, U.S. President Barack Obama said on Friday. | Video