WASHINGTON U.S. presidential hopeful Donald Trump's support among Republicans has dropped 12 points in less than a week, marking the real estate mogul's biggest decline since he vaulted to the top of the field in July, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll. | Video
- Clinton wins union endorsements but still struggles to win over hearts
- Ben Carson arrives in Jordan to visit Syrian refugees
- Trump denies mocking New York Times reporter's disability |
- Remember the Pilgrims, Obama says, in appeal for generosity to Syrian refugees |
- At Trump's presidential rallies, a combustible mix of glee, fear |
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders is boosting the size of his campaign staff and increasing state budgets in his challenge against the frontrunner for the party's nomination, Hillary Clinton.
WASHINGTON/NEW YORK President Barack Obama sought to reassure Americans they were safe as millions of travelers set off for the long Thanksgiving weekend on Wednesday and authorities stepped up security at airports in response to the attacks in Paris two weeks ago. | Video
WASHINGTON The U.S. Justice Department has provided specific suggestions to governments in Europe and elsewhere on how to strengthen counterterrorism laws in order to arrest would-be foreign fighters before they join groups like Islamic State, according to a policy paper reviewed by Reuters.
WASHINGTON President Barack Obama signed a sweeping defense policy bill into law on Wednesday, legislation that authorizes $607 billion in defense spending but also includes provisions that make it harder to close the military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.