SAN FRANCISCO - California Governor Jerry Brown signed a bill designed to help undocumented immigrants who are victims of violent crime, by introducing time limits on law enforcement's response to their U.S. visa applications in an attempt to standardize police forces' uneven treatment of applicants.
- U.S. pulls plug on Syria rebel training effort; will focus on weapons supply |
- Leading Republican Ryan reconsiders House speaker run: lawmakers |
- Exclusive: U.S. warns governments, bankers Iran sanctions still in place
- Clinton's support slides ahead of first Democratic debate
- Judge tears up district of Republican vying to be House speaker
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - A bill to repeal the U.S. oil export ban passed the House of Representatives on Friday, but faces an uncertain future after a veto threat by President Barack Obama.
ABOARD USS EISENHOWER - Two Lockheed Martin Corp F-35 fighter jets wrapped up a second round of successful test flights off the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower aircraft carrier on Friday, a key milestone toward operational use of the jets by the U.S. Navy in coming years.
WASHINGTON - A U.S. House of Representatives petition to revive the shuttered U.S. Export-Import Bank drew enough support on Friday to force a vote as soon as Oct. 26 but the effort to renew the trade bank's charter faced obstacles in the Senate.
WASHINGTON - Former Massachusetts governor and Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, after speaking with Representative Paul Ryan about the race for speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, said on Friday that Ryan was a "man of ideas."