WASHINGTON Republican lawmakers and presidential candidates hardened their positions on Sunday on blocking a move by President Barack Obama to fill the Supreme Court seat left by the late conservative Justice Antonin Scalia, a lifetime appointment that would help decide some of the most divisive issues facing Americans. | Video
- Foreclosure crisis snarls Clinton, Sanders' efforts to reach Nevada voters
- Indian-American judge who could replace Scalia worked on controversial cases for business
- Refusing to sit on lead, Trump gets bitter in Republican debate
- Republican debate draws 13.5 million viewers for CBS: network
- Supreme Court vacancy upends presidential race |
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said he would impose taxes on Carrier air conditioning units manufactured in Mexico in light of the company's decision to move production from Indiana, a position in line with his strong opposition to international trade deals.
WASHINGTON For months Republican presidential candidates traded insults such as "dummy," "jerk" and "loser." Then, party front-runner Donald Trump repeated a supporter’s description of Ted Cruz as a "pussy."
ORANGEBURG, S.C. If Democratic hopeful Bernie Sanders has a chance of drawing African-American voters away from rival Hillary Clinton in South Carolina's presidential nominating contest on Feb. 27, his best opportunity will be among the young. | Video
SEVNICA, Slovenia If Melania Trump succeeds Michelle Obama as First Lady, she may trace her road to the White House back to 1987 and a chance encounter in the capital of her native Slovenia. | Video