ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE - President Barack Obama, former President George W. Bush and their wives shared Air Force One on Monday on a flight to South Africa, where they will be joined by two other former presidents at a memorial service for the late Nelson Mandela.
- U.S. Senate to vote on housing nominee, confirmation likely: sources
- Former San Diego mayor sentenced to home confinement
- U.S. Supreme Court extends labor board argument, gives Republicans time
- Pentagon chief Hagel in Pakistan for talks on security, drones
- Rand Paul says 'seriously thinking about' 2016 White House run
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON - A senior Democrat said on Sunday he hoped an emerging deal on the U.S. budget would include an extension of unemployment benefits but added that his party would not necessarily walk away from an agreement that left it out.
CAMP LEATHERNECK, Afghanistan - U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel will travel to Pakistan on Monday for talks with Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and other senior officials, as the first Pentagon chief to visit Islamabad in nearly four years, a spokesman said.
WASHINGTON - A minimalist U.S. budget deal that congressional negotiators hope to reach in coming days will do almost nothing to tame rising federal debt, but it could usher in a nearly two-year fiscal truce, minimizing the risk of future funding crises and government shutdowns.
- When Mohammad Hamedi Rad arrived in the United States last year, he carried his Iranian passport, a hard-won student visa and a backpack containing $14,000 in hundred dollar bills, because there was no simpler way of getting money into the country.