WASHINGTON U.S. Senate Republican leaders postponed a vote on a healthcare overhaul on Tuesday after resistance from members of their own party, and President Donald Trump summoned Republican senators to the White House to urge them to break the impasse. | Video
- Trump growing frustrated with China, weighs trade steps: officials |
- Clinton campaign chairman testifies in House Russia probe
- U.S. hopes to see Chinese activist Liu treated for cancer 'elsewhere'
- House overwhelmingly backs NATO mutual defense
- Trump to nominate Textron executive for Pentagon acquisition post
Recent Politics News
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Tuesday he had picked an employment lawyer who has represented companies and business groups for a vacancy on the National Labor Relations Board.
WASHINGTON U.S. Vice President Mike Pence on Tuesday hailed a first meeting between President Donald Trump and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi as "historic and productive," and said Trump recognizes U.S. ties with India as "one of the most important strategic relationships in the 21st century."
WASHINGTON Republican efforts to overhaul the U.S. tax code have hit a snag in the House of Representatives, where infighting over spending cuts is delaying adoption of a legislative tool they need to move a tax bill forward.
WASHINGTON As the U.S. Supreme Court navigated a difficult period in which it was short one member for more than a year, justices from across the ideological spectrum often managed to find common ground. That sense of unity promises to be soon put to the test.