WASHINGTON U.S. Republican lawmakers struggling to overcome differences over new healthcare legislation confronted a stark choice after President Donald Trump delivered an ultimatum: pass the bill on Friday or keep Obamacare in place. | Video
- House rules panel clears Trump-backed Obamacare repeal bill for debate
- Trump administration grants permit for Keystone XL pipeline: TransCanada
- Mnuchin says U.S. growth prospects not fully reflected in markets
- Trump says he backs House speaker even if healthcare bill fails
- NATO aims for Tillerson meeting on March 31: diplomats
Recent Politics News
WASHINGTON White House budget director Mick Mulvaney said on Friday he did not know if there was enough support in the U.S. House of Representatives to pass Republicans' healthcare bill to dismantle Obamacare.
WASHINGTON In the middle of a confused three-day scramble by U.S. Republicans to save their plan to dismantle Obamacare, President Donald Trump telephoned a former small-town sandwich shop owner from the North Carolina mountains on Wednesday afternoon.
WASHINGTON The Trump administration reiterated its concerns about Israeli settlement activity, the two sides said on Thursday, as a round of talks ended without agreement over limiting future construction on land the Palestinians want for a state.
WASHINGTON The top U.S. Senate Democrat on Thursday pledged to pursue a procedural hurdle to try to block the confirmation of Republican President Donald Trump's Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch, a move that could provoke a nasty partisan fight and change the way the Senate does business. | Video