WASHINGTON Republican Rep. Paul Ryan, the author of a controversial plan to overhaul government health programs, would make a good presidential candidate, the No. 2 Republican in the House of Representatives said on Monday.
Click on a state name to see updates from influential Twitter accounts
- New York
Recent 2010 Election News
WASHINGTON Republican lawmakers vowed to vigorously oversee the new financial reform law but stopped short of promising major changes to the legislation they have described as "job killing."
WASHINGTON The incoming Republican chairman of the powerful tax-writing committee in the House of Representatives said on Wednesday extending Bush-era tax cuts for all income groups could slip into next year if Democrats don't compromise with Republicans.
WASHINGTON President Barack Obama on Wednesday suggested working with Republicans on a provision of the new healthcare law that requires businesses to file tax forms on transactions worth more than $600.
LOS ANGELES Tuesday's election results sent a mixed message on alternative energy, with Republican victories in Congress likely to curb national alternative-energy policy while California results look set to help the sector.
WASHINGTON Republican victories in congressional elections have boosted the chances for approval of three long-delayed free trade agreements, and could mark the start of a cooperative effort between the White House and Congress to open new markets for U.S. exports.
"Tales from the Trail" has joined with the Reuters election live blog to bring you even more coverage of the race for the White House.
Issues and Analyses
- Republican win to deal only tweaks to healthcare
- Republican wins to halt Obama's clean energy plans
- Congress likely to be divided, gridlocked
- Republican resurgence a warning for Obama for 2012
- Could Congress reduce the budget deficit next year?
- Republican election wins may tilt tax policy
- What U.S. vote means for G20 summit
- Tea Party makes big entry into Congress
- Analysts views on election results
- Can healthcare overhaul be repealed?
Factboxes and Background
- Results of key races in midterm elections
- Likely lineup of new House Republican chairs
- GOP set to win control of House Banking panel
- What they're saying about midterm elections
- Congress in "lame-duck" session after election
- Key players in the Tea Party movement
- Obama's daunting post-election agenda
- Promises, promises: How Obama has fared