Edition:
United States

Wireless Telecommunications Services

Page 1

Turkcell's unit Lifecell to set up a financial services company in Ukraine

10:36am EDT

May 26 (Reuters) - TURKCELL ::TO SET UP A COMPANY IN UKRAINE, WHOSE FIELD OF OPERATION WILL BE FINANCIAL SERVICES, THROUGH UNIT LIFECELL LLC IN UKRAINE, WITH A PAID-IN CAPITAL OF USD 2.0 MILLION (OR EQUIVALENT IN OTHER CURRENCIES).

Blackberry ltd announces final award in Qualcomm arbitration

8:00am EDT

May 26 (Reuters) - Blackberry Ltd : :Blackberry Ltd - reached an agreement with qualcomm incorporated resolving all amounts payable in connection with interim arbitration decision announced on April 12, 2017​.Blackberry Ltd - ‍following a joint stipulation by parties, arbitration panel has issued a final award providing for payment by qualcomm to co of U.S.$940 million​.Says Qualcomm will pay full amount of final award on or before May 31, 2017.

Turkcell raises 2017 revenue growth outlook to 16-18 pct

7:50am EDT

May 26 (Reuters) - Turkcell :SAYS REVISES 2017 REVENUE GROWTH OUTLOOK TO 16-18 PERCENT FROM 13-15 PERCENT .RETAINS 2017 EBITDA MARGIN OUTLOOK AT 32-34 PERCENT.

Liquid Telecom names Kyle Whitehill as CEO at Neotel

Thursday, 25 May 2017 10:24am EDT

May 25 (Reuters) - Liquid Telecom::Liquid Telecom, unit of Econet Global, named Kyle Whitehill as CEO at Neotel .Kyle was earlier with Vodafone where he served for almost 15 years.

CCI approves Tata Companies' buying of of 21.63 pct shareholding in Tata Teleservices from NTT Docomo

Thursday, 25 May 2017 08:16am EDT

May 25 (Reuters) - Competition Commission of India::CCI approves Tata Companies' acquisition of 21.63 percent shareholding in Tata Teleservices from NTT Docomo.

Intouch Holdings appoints Anek Pana-Apichon as acting CEO

Thursday, 25 May 2017 06:21am EDT

May 25 (Reuters) - Intouch Holdings Pcl ::Resignation of chief executive officer and appointment of acting chief executive officer .Approved appointment of Anek Pana-apichon as an acting CEO.Approved resignation of Philip Chen Chong Tan , chief executive officer, effective June 30.

Axiata Group qtrly net profit 239 million rgt

Thursday, 25 May 2017 05:47am EDT

May 25 (Reuters) - Axiata Group Bhd ::Qtrly revenue 5.9 billion rgt.Qtrly net profit 239 million rgt.Year-ago qtrly revenue 5.01 billion rgt; year-ago qtrly net profit 368.3 million rgt.

Cellcom Israel reports first quarter EPS of ILS 0.25

Wednesday, 24 May 2017 02:25am EDT

May 24 (Reuters) - Cellcom Israel Ltd :Cellcom Israel announces first quarter 2017 results.Q1 earnings per share ILS 0.25.Q1 revenue fell 6.2 percent to ILS 959 million.Qtrly service revenues totaled NIS 739 million ($203 million) compared to NIS 774 million ($213 million) in Q1 last year.Free cash flow totaled NIS 66 million ($18 million) in quarter compared to NIS 149 million ($41 million) in Q1 last year.Cellular subscriber base totaled approximately 2.792 million subscribers at end of March 2017.Q1 churn rate for cellular subscribers was 12.0 percent versus 11.1 percent in Q1 2016.Monthly cellular ARPU in Q1 2017 was NIS 60.2 versus NIS 65.2 in Q1 last year.

Vodafone Malta to be combined with Melita Ltd

Wednesday, 24 May 2017 02:10am EDT

May 24 (Reuters) - :Apax Partners Midmarket SAS, Fortino Capital and Vodafone Group Plc <<>> to combine Melita ltd and Vodafone Malta Ltd.Combined company's mobile and enterprise business will operate under the Vodafone <<>> brand.At completion, the current shareholders of Melita will own 51 percent of the Combined Company and Vodafone Europe B.V., the current shareholder of Vodafone Malta, will own the remaining 49 percent.The transaction values Vodafone Malta at an enterprise value of 208 million euros ($232.44 million), equivalent to multiples of 6.8x EV/2016 EBITDA and 15.1x EV/2016 OpFCF .The transaction values Melita at an enterprise value of 298 million euros, equivalent to multiples of 8.9x EV/2016 EBITDA and 15.3x EV/ 2016 OpFCF3 .

Softbank has amassed a $4 bln stake in Nvidia Corp- Bloomberg

Wednesday, 24 May 2017 01:49am EDT

May 24 (Reuters) - :Softbank Group Corp has amassed a $4 billion stake in Nvidia Corp making it the fourth-largest shareholder in the chipmaker - Bloomberg, citing sources.

Markets

  • Sectors
  • U.S.
  • Europe
  • Asia

Sector Summary