SHANGHAI - Growth in China's auto market, the world's biggest, will halve to 7 percent this year weighed down by a slowing economy, the head of an industry body said on Saturday.
- Exclusive: Ford to overhaul Lincoln brand, this time with big bucks
- Ford's lower profit beats estimates; sales down on F-150 launch |
- Ford rejects push for investment in Ontario plants: union
- U.S. appeals court rules for GM over Spyker's Saab sale
- In emerging Indonesia, Honda's Mobilio muscles in on Toyota's turf
DETROIT - General Motors Co on Thursday reported a higher-than-expected profit in the third quarter on strong demand for its redesigned full-size pickup trucks in North America. | Video
NEW YORK - U.S. federal prosecutors are trying to determine whether Japanese auto parts maker Takata Corp misled U.S. regulators about the number of defective air bags it sold to automakers, including Toyota Motor Corp and Honda Motor Co Ltd , The Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday.
STOCKHOLM - Auto safety parts company Autoliv has seen positive effects on its business in the wake of recent issues with Japanese auto parts maker Takata's air bags, the Swedish firm's top executive said on Thursday.
TOKYO - Nissan Motor Co said on Thursday it is recalling 260,000 vehicles globally due to a defect in driver-side air bags made by Takata Corp.
Car makers are betting on style and recycling in the battle for Europe's burgeoning small car market, adding hi-tech safety and entertainment features while often using older vehicle underpinnings as a way to keep prices down. Video