- Activist investor Carl Icahn raised his stake in Chesapeake Energy Corp to almost 11 percent even as the company continues to cope with low oil and gas prices.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp on Wednesday said it would slash its 2015 spending and rig count in response to low crude oil prices that also pushed its fourth-quarter profit below Wall Street expectations.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Chesapeake Energy Corp filed suit Tuesday alleging its founder and former chief executive, Aubrey K. McClendon, stole confidential company data during his last months on the job in order to launch his new oil and gas empire.
NEW YORK - A divided federal appeals court said Chesapeake Energy Corp had no right to redeem $1.3 billion of notes early at a favorable price, saying the second-largest U.S. natural gas company waited too long to tell investors of its plans.
HOUSTON - Chesapeake Energy Corp has received subpoenas from states and the U.S. Department of Justice seeking information on its royalty payment practices to mineral owners, according to a regulatory filing.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp , the second-largest U.S. producer of natural gas, on Wednesday reported an 8 percent increase in third-quarter profit that topped Wall Street estimates on higher-than-expected output.
HOUSTON - American Energy Partners LP, founded by former Chesapeake Energy Corp chief executive Aubrey McClendon, said on Tuesday its Permian Basin affiliate had bought oil assets in Texas for $726 million and plans an initial public offering soon.
- Chesapeake Oilfield Services, a unit of Chesapeake Energy Corp , said on Friday it would withdraw its plans for an initial public offering.
- Natural gas and oil producer Chesapeake Energy Corp must face trial on charges of felony racketeering and using false pretenses related to its land-leasing practices, a state judge has ruled.
- A judge in Michigan has ruled that Oklahoma-based Chesapeake Energy Corp must face a criminal trial on a charge of bid-rigging with competitor Encana Corp at a 2010 state land lease auction, citing evidence of a conspiracy between the companies that drove state lease prices down sharply.
- Asian shares at seven-year highs, cheered by Apple earnings
- China iPhone sales boosts Apple; shares up modestly |
- Exclusive: Time Warner Cable open to merger talks with Charter - sources
- Mylan says Teva offer too low; criticizes stock, growth prospects
- French IT firm Cap Gemini to buy U.S. rival IGATE for $4 billion
- Microsoft phones infringe patents: U.S. International Trade Commission judge
- Exclusive: Deutsche's radical revamp foiled by ECB stress test
- Tokyo Electron shares sink after takeover by Applied Materials scrapped |