Chesapeake Energy Corp , the second largest U.S. producer of natural gas, said on Monday that it would sell a part of its acreage in the Haynesville Shale area for $450 million to a private company, which Reuters sources revealed as Indigo Minerals LLC, a competing natural gas producer.
Double Eagle Energy Permian LLC is a unicorn roaming the barren landscape of West Texas.
Chesapeake Energy Corp said it received a subpoena from the U.S. Department of Justice seeking information on the accounting methodology for the acquisition and classification of oil and gas properties.
Chesapeake Energy Corp said on Tuesday that two directors, including a representative of activist investor Carl Icahn, resigned on Monday, a week after Icahn more than halved his stake in the natural gas producer.
OKLAHOMA CITY/NEW YORK The judge overseeing Aubrey McClendon's estate approved a land deal on Friday that will pay off one of the late energy magnate's major creditors, paving the way for the sale of his stake in professional basketball team the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Debt-laden Chesapeake Energy Corp , the No.2 U.S. natural gas producer, raised its asset sales target and production forecast for the year, keeping its capital budget unchanged.
Investors who sold oil and natural gas land leases to Chesapeake Energy Corp and now-bankrupt SandRidge Energy Corp sued Chesapeake and Tom Ward, SandRidge's former CEO, alleging that they conspired to depress the market for those leases.
OKLAHOMA CITY The fiery crash that killed U.S. oilman Aubrey McClendon in March after his car hit a wall was an accident, Oklahoma's medical examiner said on Wednesday, echoing a police inquiry's findings a day earlier that there was no evidence of suicide. | Video
HOUSTON Oklahoma City police said on Tuesday an inquiry found no evidence suggesting oilman Aubrey McClendon committed suicide when he died in a fiery crash in March, but acknowledged his state of mind at the time of the accident was unknowable.
NEW YORK This weekend, the Oklahoma City Thunder stands one game away from clinching a surprising spot in the NBA finals.
- Wal-Mart helps Wall Street's record-setting rally march on |
- Higher customer traffic boosts Wal-Mart's sales in holiday quarter
- Verizon, Yahoo agree to lowered $4.48 billion deal following cyber attacks |
- Wall Street challenges U.S. regulator over proposed commodities rule
- Icahn buys Bristol-Myers shares, adding to activist pressure
- Burger King and Tim Hortons owner to buy Popeyes for $1.8 billion
- Wells Fargo fires four executives amid probe into account scandal
- Fannie, Freddie shares dive after U.S. appeals court ruling