- Chesapeake Energy Corp reported quarterly profit that exceeded Wall Street expectations on Wednesday, as the U.S. oil and gas company produced more crude oil from shale basins like the Eagle Ford in Texas and expenses fell.
NEW YORK - Chesapeake Energy Corp began an expedited trial on Tuesday against Bank of New York Mellon Corp over the energy company's effort to redeem $1.3 billion of notes at par.
HOUSTON - Natural gas company Chesapeake Energy Corp is on track to stay within its budget for the year, Steve Dixon, the newly appointed interim chief executive officer, said on Monday.
NEW YORK - Bank of New York Mellon Corp will depose newly departed Chesapeake Energy Corp Chief Executive Aubrey McClendon in its dispute with the energy company over a bond redemption, lawyers for both companies said at a hearing in federal court on Monday.
HOUSTON - Chesapeake Energy Corp's search for a new chief executive to replace Aubrey McClendon is likely to extend beyond an April 1 deadline, according to a person familiar with the situation.
NEW YORK/BOSTON - Dell Inc is set to disclose next week that its largest independent investor, Southeastern Asset Management, originally expressed interest in joining the proposed leveraged buyout deal that it now opposes, according to two people familiar with the matter.
- SandRidge Energy Inc and activist hedge fund TPG-Axon Capital struck a deal on Wednesday that could lead to the removal of the oil and gas company's chief executive, marking the second time in two months that allegations of self-dealing and poor performance have shaken a U.S. energy firm.
NEW YORK - Stocks advanced modestly on Friday, leaving the S&P 500 with slight gains in a volatile week as strong economic data overshadowed growth concerns in China and Europe and let investors discount the impact of expected government spending cuts. | Video
- The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has escalated its investigation into Chesapeake Energy Corp and its Chief Executive Aubrey McClendon for a controversial perk that granted him a share in each of the natural gas producer's wells.
- HP raises 2013 outlook as Whitman's plan takes hold
- JGB yields surge, markets spooked by Bernanke remarks
- China HSBC flash PMI hits seven-month low, fans growth fears
- Bernanke says more progress needed before stimulus pullback |
- Investment firms sue exchanges in dispute on improper fee charges
- Average U.S. 401(k) balance tops $80,000, up 75 percent since 2009
- SoftBank would appoint "security director" to Sprint board
- Mitsubishi Motors weighs capital shift, dividends: sources