- A judge in Michigan has ruled that Oklahoma-based Chesapeake Energy Corp must face a criminal trial on a charge of bid-rigging with competitor Encana Corp at a 2010 state land lease auction, citing evidence of a conspiracy between the companies that drove state lease prices down sharply.
NEW YORK - Four years into the shale revolution, the U.S. is on track to pass Russia and Saudi Arabia as the world's largest producer of crude oil, most analysts agree. When that happens and by how much, though, has produced disparate estimates that depend on uncertain factors ranging from progress in drilling technology to the availability of financing and the price of oil itself.
HOUSTON - Chesapeake Energy Corp shareholders on Friday approved a series of reforms that included the elimination of three-year terms for directors, deepening an overhaul that began in the months preceding the 2013 ouster of former Chief Executive Officer Aubrey McClendon.
- Aubrey McClendon's firm American Energy Partners LLP on Monday said it plans to buy shale oil and gas assets for $4.25 billion, the former Chesapeake Energy Corp CEO's biggest deal package yet in an aggressive bid to build a new company.
ATLANTA - The state of Michigan filed felony racketeering and fraud claims against Chesapeake Energy Corp on Thursday, in the latest legal fallout from Chesapeake's ambitious attempt to acquire drilling rights amid the U.S. fracking boom.
HOUSTON - Rose Rock Midstream LP said on Thursday that it would acquire crude trucking operations from a unit of Chesapeake Energy Corp in a deal that will expand the company's reach into key oil producing shale basins.
HOUSTON - Aubrey McClendon, a major player in U.S. natural gas, has hired
- Chesapeake Energy Corp said it expects to sell more than $4 billion in assets this year and will spin off its oilfield services division as the second-largest U.S. natural gas producer focuses on drilling more profitable wells and improving returns.
- Former Chesapeake Energy Corp CEO Aubrey McClendon is leading an investor group set to buy Enduring Resources LLC in a deal that could value the oil and natural gas producer at more than $2 billion, people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp said on Wednesday the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has ended its probe against the company and its former chief executive Aubrey McClendon.
- Asian shares rise, dollar on top of the heap
- U.S. bank regulators set to adopt liquidity, swaps margin rules
- Home Depot says probing 'unusual activity' after data breach report
- BP asks court to remove claims administrator in Gulf spill case
- Celebrity hacking clouds Apple's upcoming product launch
- U.S. SEC charges Houston adviser with not disclosing fund payments
- Abercrombie resolves CEO pay lawsuit, to tighten governance
- Shell CEO says U.S. should export oil to stabilize markets