Chesapeake Energy Corp cut its 2015 capital budget for the second time this year to cope with low oil and gas prices and swung to a large quarterly net loss as the second largest U.S. producer of natural gas wrote down the value of assets.
American Energy Partners LP (AEP), the U.S. oil and gas venture of former Chesapeake Energy Corp CEO Aubrey McClendon, has hired investment banks to find ways to shore up its finances, according to people familiar with the matter.
HOUSTON A renewed slide in crude prices is having the effect U.S. energy sector dealmakers and private equity managers have been looking for: oil companies are now returning calls from potential buyers.
NEW YORK A federal judge on Thursday said Chesapeake Energy Corp must pay an additional $59.1 million to some investors whose bonds it redeemed early, boosting the natural gas company's total payout to $438.7 million.
NEW YORK A U.S. federal judge on Friday ordered Chesapeake Energy Corp to pay $379.7 million to bond investors, after the natural gas company waited too long to tell them of its plan to redeem their $1.3 billion of bonds six years early.
HOUSTON/NEW YORK SandRidge Energy Inc is the target of a federal grand jury probe concerning violations of antitrust law related to the leasing of oil and gas properties, the company said in a regulatory filing on Thursday.
HOUSTON SandRidge Energy Inc is the target of federal grand jury probe concerning violations of antitrust law related to the leasing of oil and gas properties, the company said in a regulatory filing on Thursday.
Chesapeake Energy Corp on Wednesday raised its oil and gas production forecast for the year, even as the second largest U.S. producer of natural gas reported a quarterly loss due to lower commodity prices.
Activist investor Carl Icahn raised his stake in Chesapeake Energy Corp to almost 11 percent even as the company continues to cope with low oil and gas prices.
Chesapeake Energy Corp on Wednesday said it would slash its 2015 spending and rig count in response to low crude oil prices that also pushed its fourth-quarter profit below Wall Street expectations.
- Exclusive: With full power at CBS, CEO Moonves sees more aggressive move to digital |
- As Big Oil shrinks, boards plot different paths out of crisis
- Is Chipotle a riskier place to eat? Hard to know
- German competition watchdog wants 'big data' hoards considered in merger probes: paper
- China says EU should take steel dumping claims to WTO
- Iran says Peugeot would pay compensation for withdrawal during sanctions
- China starts investigation of Sinochem Group president Cai Xiyou
- Business services firms' shares bleed as LinkedIn, Tableau crash |