HOUSTON - The chaplains and company gardener are gone now, along with a weatherman who made more than a quarter million dollars a year, as Chesapeake Energy Corp CEO Doug Lawler chops away at the high costs left behind by his free-spending predecessor, Aubrey McClendon.
HOUSTON - Chesapeake Energy Corp has slashed its workforce by 1,200 jobs this year, the country's second-largest natural gas producer said on Tuesday, and the cutting has accelerated under new chief executive Doug Lawler.
SAYRE, Pennsylvania - As the natural gas industry struggles to cope with depressed prices, Chesapeake Energy Corp has begun shifting a much larger share of transportation and marketing costs to the owners of Pennsylvania land it leases.
NEW YORK - Chesapeake Energy has given up a two-year legal fight to retain thousands of acres of natural gas drilling leases in New York state, landowner and legal sources told Reuters.
- SandRidge Energy Inc's board of directors removed the energy company's founder and chief executive, Tom Ward, on Wednesday after a months-long struggle with activist investors who accused him of strategic mistakes and self-dealing at the expense of shareholders.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp on Monday named a top executive at rival Anadarko Petroleum Corp to head the No. 2 U.S. natural gas producer, which has suffered a governance crisis and liquidity crunch over the last year.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp reported quarterly profit that exceeded Wall Street expectations on Wednesday, as the U.S. oil and gas company produced more crude oil from shale basins like the Eagle Ford in Texas and expenses fell.
NEW YORK - Chesapeake Energy Corp began an expedited trial on Tuesday against Bank of New York Mellon Corp over the energy company's effort to redeem $1.3 billion of notes at par.
HOUSTON - Natural gas company Chesapeake Energy Corp is on track to stay within its budget for the year, Steve Dixon, the newly appointed interim chief executive officer, said on Monday.
NEW YORK - Bank of New York Mellon Corp will depose newly departed Chesapeake Energy Corp Chief Executive Aubrey McClendon in its dispute with the energy company over a bond redemption, lawyers for both companies said at a hearing in federal court on Monday.
- Fed taper anxiety triggers profit taking on Wall St.
- Exclusive: Ford board aims to pin down CEO Mulally's plans
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea
- Exclusive: As Fed looms, Morgan Stanley sets sale of U.S. oil terminal business
- Centerbridge Partners offers to buy LightSquared for $3.3 billion: WSJ
- Hilton Worldwide raises over $2.3 billion in biggest-ever hotel IPO
- Israel's Fischer picked to be next Fed vice chair: source
- Facebook to join S&P 500