NEW YORK - A divided federal appeals court said Chesapeake Energy Corp had no right to redeem $1.3 billion of notes early at a favorable price, saying the second-largest U.S. natural gas company waited too long to tell investors of its plans.
HOUSTON - Chesapeake Energy Corp has received subpoenas from states and the U.S. Department of Justice seeking information on its royalty payment practices to mineral owners, according to a regulatory filing.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp , the second-largest U.S. producer of natural gas, on Wednesday reported an 8 percent increase in third-quarter profit that topped Wall Street estimates on higher-than-expected output.
HOUSTON - American Energy Partners LP, founded by former Chesapeake Energy Corp chief executive Aubrey McClendon, said on Tuesday its Permian Basin affiliate had bought oil assets in Texas for $726 million and plans an initial public offering soon.
- Chesapeake Oilfield Services, a unit of Chesapeake Energy Corp , said on Friday it would withdraw its plans for an initial public offering.
- Natural gas and oil producer Chesapeake Energy Corp must face trial on charges of felony racketeering and using false pretenses related to its land-leasing practices, a state judge has ruled.
- A judge in Michigan has ruled that Oklahoma-based Chesapeake Energy Corp must face a criminal trial on a charge of bid-rigging with competitor Encana Corp at a 2010 state land lease auction, citing evidence of a conspiracy between the companies that drove state lease prices down sharply.
NEW YORK - Four years into the shale revolution, the U.S. is on track to pass Russia and Saudi Arabia as the world's largest producer of crude oil, most analysts agree. When that happens and by how much, though, has produced disparate estimates that depend on uncertain factors ranging from progress in drilling technology to the availability of financing and the price of oil itself.
HOUSTON - Chesapeake Energy Corp shareholders on Friday approved a series of reforms that included the elimination of three-year terms for directors, deepening an overhaul that began in the months preceding the 2013 ouster of former Chief Executive Officer Aubrey McClendon.
- Aubrey McClendon's firm American Energy Partners LLP on Monday said it plans to buy shale oil and gas assets for $4.25 billion, the former Chesapeake Energy Corp CEO's biggest deal package yet in an aggressive bid to build a new company.
- Fed confident in U.S. growth outlook, opens door wider to rate hike
- Wall Street adds to gains as Fed upbeat on economy
- FedEx profit misses expectations; stock down |
- General Mills profit beats estimates due to cost cuts
- PepsiCo earnings may be pressured by currency fluctuations
- Airbus reshuffle prepares planemaker for record jet output
- U.S. consumer prices fall on gasoline; eyes on Fed
- Oil surges nearly 5 percent on technical buying after U.S. inventory drop