U.N. CLIMATE CHANGE CONFERENCE
COPENHAGEN/LONDON - Many European newspapers republished cartoons from the French satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo to protest against killings by Islamist militants seen as an attack on freedom of expression and the continent's tradition of visual satire.
NEW YORK - The elusive snowy owl, rarely seen outside the Arctic, is turning up more frequently in the skies of North America than it does in the pages of a Harry Potter book, data from the National Audubon Society suggested on Wednesday.
LONDON - London mayor Boris Johnson on Thursday unveiled plans for an expansion of one of the world's oldest electricity stations to help power the capital's underground rail network.
LONDON, Jan 8 - London mayor Boris Johnson on Thursday unveiled plans for an expansion of one of the world's oldest electricity stations to help power the capital's underground rail network.
SYDNEY - Wildfires sweeping through southeast Australia are carrying with them the specter of a silent killer for grapes growing in the nearby Adelaide Hills wine region. | Video
VIENNA - The United States looks set to succeed in watering down a proposal for tougher legal standards aimed at boosting global nuclear safety, according to senior diplomats.
Despite severe air pollution, local and provincial officials in the Chinese city of Nanchang are trying to clean it up and make it more attractive for foreign investment, making the city an important test case for efforts to ease the environmental damage from unchecked economic growth.
- U.S. economy cools in fourth quarter, but consumer spending shines
- U.S. consumer sentiment rises to best since 2004
- Ukraine peace talks aborted as civilians die in Donetsk
- Chevron's profit beats as chemical sales offset cheap oil
- Romney to formally announce plan to run for president in 2016: Bloomberg
- Russian central bank makes surprise interest rate cut
- Japan, Jordan seek news on fate of Islamic State captives |
- MasterCard profit beats expectations as customers spend more
- Xerox cuts profit forecast again as revenue slide continues
- Islamic State attacks Kurdish outposts across Iraq