U.N. CLIMATE CHANGE CONFERENCE
MIAMI - When Charlie Crist last governed Florida, his green energy and climate policies made him few friends among the state's powerful electricity corporations.
OSLO - Imaginary television weather forecasts predicted floods, storms and searing heat from Arizona to Zambia within four decades, as part of a United Nations campaign on Monday to draw attention to a U.N. summit this month on fighting global warming.
LONDON - Big emitting industries and poorer eastern member states in the European Union could get tens of billions of euros in additional funds next decade to help them meet the bloc’s 2030 energy and climate goals, a draft EU document showed.
WARSAW/BRUSSELS/PARIS - Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk is seriously considering a proposal that he take the post of president of the European Council, a Warsaw government spokeswoman said on Thursday, linking his decision to the crisis in neighboring Ukraine.
OSLO, - Climate change is aiding shipping, fisheries and tourism in the Arctic but the economic gains fall short of a "cold rush" for an icy region where temperatures are rising twice as fast as the world average.
Reuters Climate Panel
NEW YORK - Severe thunderstorms on Sunday forced an early end to New York's Electric Zoo music festival, delayed flights at area airports and injured two people after a lightning strike near a Bronx beach.
Despite severe air pollution, local and provincial officials in the Chinese city of Nanchang are trying to clean it up and make it more attractive for foreign investment, making the city an important test case for efforts to ease the environmental damage from unchecked economic growth.
- Amid foreign crises, Obama takes solace in U.S. economic turnaround
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance |
- Syrian army, rebels fight on Golan where peacekeepers held |
- Afghan talks on unity government collapse; crisis deepens
- Exclusive: From Seoul to Mexico City, pressure mounts to ease U.S. oil export ban
- U.N. to send team to investigate Islamic State crimes in Iraq |
- Detained Americans in North Korea seek U.S. help
- Factory activity in Europe, Asia cools; demand lull a concern |
- NATO to create new 'spearhead' force to respond to crises
- Pakistani protesters clash with police, soldiers secure state TV |