U.N. CLIMATE CHANGE CONFERENCE
HOBART Tasmania - Young Australian vintner Nick Glaetzer's winemaking-steeped family thought he was crazy when he abandoned the Barossa Valley - the hot, dry region that is home to the country's world-famous big, brassy shiraz.
COPENHAGEN, July 11 - Denmark's Vestas is seeking a green light from the government to test the largest offshore wind turbine yet, papers submitted to local government show, in a bid to catch up with rival Siemens at the new frontier of wind energy.
- Coastal flooding along the densely populated Eastern Seaboard of the United States has surged in recent years, a Reuters analysis has found.
LONDON, July 10 - A move by the European Union to impose duties on carbon-intensive imports would scupper the chances of striking a global agreement to tackle climate change next year, the bloc's top climate official said on Thursday.
(John Kemp is a Reuters market analyst. The views expressed are his own)
Reuters Climate Panel
HARRIMAN STATE PARK N.Y. - Maybe it was guilt over alarming her parents when she inadvertently dialed 911 from the Appalachian Trail, but Caitlin Belcher wishes she could ditch her cell phone for the rest of the 2,180-mile (3,508-km) hike.
Despite severe air pollution, local and provincial officials in the Chinese city of Nanchang are trying to clean it up and make it more attractive for foreign investment, making the city an important test case for efforts to ease the environmental damage from unchecked economic growth.
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Magical Goetze eclipses Messi as Germany win Cup
- U.S., Iran say disputes remain in nuclear talks as deadline looms
- Citi, U.S. $7 billion settlement announcement expected Monday
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- 'Excessive' rubbing of engine blades caused F-35 failure: Pentagon
- AECOM to pay $4 billion for engineering firm URS Corp
- U.S. House panel sets witness list for CDC anthrax hearing
- Whiting to buy Kodiak for $3.8 billion, create No. 1 Bakken producer
- Climate change signals the end of Australian shiraz as we know it