AUSTIN, Texas A federal appeals court ordered Texas on Wednesday to pay about $600,000 to cover the legal fees for two same-sex couples who defeated the state's ban on same-sex marriage in a protracted court battle.
(Reuters Health) - Enacting policies that promote equality, like same-sex marriage laws, may ease the mental burdens on lesbian, gay and bisexual young people, a new U.S. study suggests.
HELSINKI Finland's parliament voted down on Friday a citizens' petition demanding the repeal of a law that will allow same-sex marriages, securing the future of the law that will come into force next month.
LONDON The Church of England's legislative body on Wednesday voted against a report from bishops that rejected the idea of blessing same-sex marriages, the latest row over an issue that has divided the Church for years.
OSLO Norway's Lutheran Church voted on Monday in favor of new ceremonial language that will allow its pastors to conduct same-sex marriages, bringing it into line with several other mainstream Protestant denominations abroad.
The Cherokee Nation's Attorney General has issued an opinion declaring bans on same-sex marriage to be in violation of their tribal constitution, documents show.
From Thomson Reuters News & Insight
- Brief in same-sex marriage cases cite burdens on employers
- Analysis: Wider legal rights at stake in gay marriage cases
- Exclusive: Gay marriage foes suffer from fundraising shortfall
- Supreme Court taps Harvard professor to argue in gay marriage case
- Factbox: Major U.S. Supreme Court decisions on gay rights
Case documents (Westlaw subscription may be required)
- Hollingsworth v. Perry, petitioners brief
- Hollingsworth v. Perry, respondents brief
- U.S. v. Windsor, U.S. merits brief
- U.S. v. Windsor, Indiana, et al amicus brief
- U.S. v. Windsor, NY, MA, CA, et al amicus brief
- U.S. v. Windsor, Windsor brief
- U.S. v. Windsor, brief in support of DOMA
- Former federal intelligence officer amicus brief
- Center for Outserve-SLDN Inc. amicus brief
- Center for Constitutional Jurisprudence amicus brief
- NAACP amicus brief