WASHINGTON - Lawyers advocating for a right to gay marriage at the U.S. Supreme Court announced on Tuesday they had chosen Mary Bonauto, a longtime champion of gay legal rights, to argue the landmark case on April 28.
WASHINGTON - Less than a month before the U.S. Supreme Court hears their historic case, lawyers for gay couples from four states with bans on same-sex marriage are close to finally resolving which of them will argue before the justices.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma's conservative lawmakers, angered at being ordered by U.S. courts to allow gay marriage in the state, have come up with a new, religious tactic to block same-sex weddings by mandating that clergy conduct almost all ceremonies.
- The U.S. Presbyterian Church on Tuesday approved a change in the wording of its constitution to include same-sex marriage, a move which threatens to further splinter one of the largest U.S. mainline Protestant denominations.
- The U.S. Presbyterian Church was close on Tuesday to approving a change in the wording of its constitution to include same-sex marriage, a move which threatens to further splinter one of the largest U.S. mainline Protestant denominations.
From Thomson Reuters News & Insight
- Brief in same-sex marriage cases cite burdens on employers
- Analysis: Wider legal rights at stake in gay marriage cases
- Exclusive: Gay marriage foes suffer from fundraising shortfall
- Supreme Court taps Harvard professor to argue in gay marriage case
- Factbox: Major U.S. Supreme Court decisions on gay rights
Case documents (Westlaw subscription may be required)
- Hollingsworth v. Perry, petitioners brief
- Hollingsworth v. Perry, respondents brief
- U.S. v. Windsor, U.S. merits brief
- U.S. v. Windsor, Indiana, et al amicus brief
- U.S. v. Windsor, NY, MA, CA, et al amicus brief
- U.S. v. Windsor, Windsor brief
- U.S. v. Windsor, brief in support of DOMA
- Former federal intelligence officer amicus brief
- Center for Outserve-SLDN Inc. amicus brief
- Center for Constitutional Jurisprudence amicus brief
- NAACP amicus brief