OSLO U.S. greenhouse gas emissions are likely to fall irrespective of the pro-coal policies of President-elect Donald Trump, who may still surprise the world by embracing global action to limit climate change, former vice president Al Gore said.
NEW DELHI Senior Indian government officials tasked by Prime Minister Narendra Modi with reviewing energy security are recommending the break up of the country's coal monopoly, Coal India Ltd , within a year.
LONDON Royal Dutch Shell plans to link part of its executive bonuses to greenhouse gas emissions and conduct more active screening of future investments to further efforts to reduce the energy group's carbon footprint, its CEO told Reuters.
The world's largest oil exporters agreed on Wednesday to cut output for the first time in eight years to erode a global supply overhang that has persisted for two years and halved the value of a barrel of crude. [O/R]
BRUSSELS EU regulators set a path on Wednesday for renewables to power half of Europe by 2030, with plans to cut energy use, phase out subsidies for coal and enforce greater cross-border trade.
- OPEC deal expected to tighten oil market in 2017: Kemp
- COLUMN-OPEC deal expected to tighten oil market in 2017: Kemp
- Saudi Arabia carries on drilling despite oil slump: Kemp
- COLUMN-Saudi Arabia carries on drilling despite oil slump: Kemp
- Saudi brinkmanship aims to re-establish leverage within OPEC: Kemp