TOKYO Japanese electronics maker Sharp Corp reported a smaller first-quarter loss helped by restructuring and cost cuts, although revenue shrank by a third as demand for its products slumped.
- Alphabet posts strong revenue on video market, stock surges
- Expedia revenue misses estimates, mulls listing for Trivago
- Oracle to gain cloud clout with NetSuite deal; Ellison profits |
- Tesla gets vote of confidence from a top investor at Fidelity
- SoftBank sees sharp recovery for Sprint, flags much investment for ARM
ZURICH Nestle said it is teaming up with Samsung in a research project to explore the potential of nutrition science and digital sensor technologies.
FRANKFURT Mercedes-Benz has defended an advertising campaign for its new E-Class against allegations that consumers were being misled about the car's self-driving capabilities, the latest backlash by consumer groups in the wake of a fatal Tesla accident.
BEIJING China has given the green light to online ride-hailing services, issuing guidelines that establish a long-awaited framework for the booming industry and remove uncertainty for firms such as Didi Chuxing and U.S. rival Uber Technologies Inc [UBER.UL].
BEIJING New regulations require China's online ride-hailing services to sign labor contracts with drivers, the vice minister of transport, Liu Xiaoming, told a news conference on Thursday.