WASHINGTON - Aiming to acquire more budget powers and take a swipe at Obamacare, Republicans will likely scrap a proposal that stirred controversy and helped launch Wisconsin congressman Paul Ryan on the national stage: privatizing the Medicare health program.
WASHINGTON - If the U.S. Supreme Court blows up the tax subsidies at the heart of Obamacare in June, Republicans hope to deliver on their promise to offer an alternative healthcare plan.
SHANGHAI - Chinese e-commerce firm Alibaba Group Holding is injecting its online pharmacy operations into a Hong Kong-listed affiliate in a $2.5 billion deal to consolidate its healthcare enterprise and ride a boom in online health-related business.
- A federal appeals court has rejected Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson's effort to stop members of Congress and their staffs from getting health insurance subsidies under President Barack Obama's 2010 healthcare law.
NEW YORK - Several high-ranking bankers have left their jobs at major investment banks in the last 13 months amid a surge in U.S. healthcare deal activity to seek better compensation at boutique investment banks as well as to participate in the growth of the industry at biotech companies themselves.
LONDON - The private equity owners of Spain's largest private hospital group, IDCSalud, are pursuing a potential 5 billion euro ($5.3 billion) sale or stock market listing of the healthcare operator, six sources familiar with the matter said on Friday.
- A legislative push in Montana to extend Obamacare health coverage to the working poor advanced on Thursday after a last-minute reprieve thanks to a procedural play by supporters, even as similar efforts in other conservative states are flagging.
- A legislative push in Montana to extend Obamacare health coverage to the working poor got a last-minute reprieve this week thanks to a procedural play by supporters, and similar efforts in other conservative states are flagging.
- Ventas Inc, a healthcare real estate investment trust, is buying Ardent Medical Services Inc for $1.75 billion to expand its hospitals business at a time when more Americans are seeking healthcare services under the Affordable Care Act.
- Healthcare research firm Press Ganey filed for a U.S. initial public offering of common stock, the latest buyout-backed company looking to tap a fully valued equity market.
Americans will pay an average of $328 monthly for a mid-tier insurance plan when the Obamacare health exchanges open for enrollment, the federal government said. Full Article
Here comes the day the Obamacare enthusiasts have been waiting for and the haters have dreaded: The mandated state health insurance exchanges open for business. Full Article