WASHINGTON - U.S. millennials are more likely to be living with relatives now than before the Great Recession as the job market fails to rebound fully, the Pew Research Center reported on Wednesday.
WASHINGTON - U.S. homeownership dropped to a 35-year low in the second quarter as more Americans opted to rent, but the decline in ownership was probably close to running its course against the backdrop of a tightening labor market.
NEW YORK - U.S. single-family home prices in May rose from the previous year at the same pace as April but fell short of forecasts, as housing construction slowed and new home sales lagged existing home sales, a closely watched survey said on Tuesday.
WILLISTON, N.D. - A subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corp donated $5 million on Monday to a North Dakota government housing fund that subsidizes construction of low-cost apartments for teachers and emergency personnel in the state's oil patch.
WASHINGTON - New U.S. single-family home sales fell in June to a seven-month low and May's sales were revised sharply down, but the data on Friday did little to change the belief that the housing market recovery was shifting into higher gear. | Video
WASHINGTON - U.S. home resales rose in June to their highest level in nearly 8-1/2 years, a sign of pent-up demand that should buoy the housing market recovery and likely keep the Federal Reserve on track to raise interest rates later this year.
WASHINGTON, July 17 - U.S. housing starts rebounded strongly in June and building permits surged to a near eight-year high, pointing to a rapidly strengthening housing market.
NEW YORK - The Federal Housing Finance Agency disclosed on Thursday that it paid two law firms over $373 million since 2010 to pursue litigation against several banks over mortgage-backed securities sold to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac before the financial crisis.
NEW YORK - U.S. homebuilder sentiment stayed at its strongest level in almost a decade in July as the housing market broadly improved despite an uptick in mortgage rates from earlier this year, the National Association of Home Builders said on Thursday.
Business News Headlines
- Dollar up on Fed rate bets, earnings lift shares
- U.S. small-business borrowing surges in June: PayNet
- Greek bank shares plunge for third day, stock market down 1.3 percent
- Satellite TV company Dish's revenue rises 3.8 percent
- Oil bulls' hope for quick price dip dimmed by 2020 crude under $70
- Raising interest rates with zero inflation is a hard sell
- Alibaba pins U.S. growth hopes on Goldman's China rainmaker
- Motorola receives $1 billion investment from Silver Lake: NYT
- StanChart says has cut 4,000 staff this year
- Lufthansa CEO says resolution of pilot talks unlikely before Sept