WASHINGTON - U.S. home resales rose in June to their fastest pace in eight months, a signal that the housing market was pulling out of a slump.
WASHINGTON - U.S. housing starts and building permits unexpectedly fell in June, suggesting the housing market recovery was struggling to get back on track after stalling in late 2013.
WASHINGTON - Foreclosure activity in the United States dropped last month to the lowest level since July 2006, before the housing bubble burst, and likely will continue to drop through the first half of next year, an industry group said on Thursday.
WASHINGTON - U.S. housing finance companies Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are making riskier deals as they increasingly purchase mortgages from smaller lenders, a federal watchdog said on Thursday.
NEW YORK - U.S. homebuilder sentiment rose in July to a six-month high as the view on both current and expected sales brightened, data from the National Association of Home Builders showed Wednesday.
- Bank of America Corp has offered $13 billion to settle a probe into mortgage securities sold by the bank, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Senate on Wednesday confirmed Julian Castro to lead the Department of Housing and Urban Development, placing the San Antonio, Texas mayor at the top of the agency in charge of housing during a sluggish recovery in the sector.
NEW YORK, July 9 - Applications for U.S. home mortgages rose last week as both purchase and refinancing applications increased, an industry group said on Wednesday.
- A federal judge has dismissed the city of Miami's mortgage discrimination lawsuit against Bank of America Corp, handing the city its first defeat in four suits that accuse major banks of U.S. Fair Housing Act violations.
- U.S. strip mall vacancies fell slightly in the second quarter, while retail mall vacancies remained unchanged, real estate research firm Reis Inc said in a report.
Business News Headlines
- Data, earnings lift Wall Street; conflicts eyed
- U.S. housing turning the corner, inflation creeping up
- Coca-Cola sales miss estimates on flat North America growth
- McDonald's profit falls on weak U.S., European sales
- Wall Street rejects Ackman's Herbalife 'death blow'
- RBS 'wilfully obtuse' in turnaround unit evidence: UK lawmaker
- Galhotra succeeds Farley at Ford as head of Lincoln brand
- U.S. airlines halt flights to Israel due to instability
- Credit Suisse posts big loss after U.S. tax settlement |
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |