WASHINGTON - The U.S. housing market is probably strong enough to stand up against an interest rate hike by the Federal Reserve this year, with stabilizing home prices supporting sales, a Reuters poll of top economists showed on Wednesday.
- Toll Brothers Inc , the largest U.S. luxury homebuilder, reported lower-than-expected third-quarter revenue as a lull in demand last year meant that it handed over fewer homes in the quarter, and the company narrowed its 2015 home sales forecast.
WASHINGTON - U.S. home resales rose to a near 8-1/2-year high in July and factory activity in the mid-Atlantic region picked up this month, fresh signs of steady economic growth that likely keeps the Federal Reserve on track to raise interest rates this year. | Video
WASHINGTON - U.S. housing starts rose to a near eight-year high in July as builders ramped up construction of single-family homes, suggesting that the economy was firing on almost all cylinders. | Video
WASHINGTON - Contracts to buy previously owned U.S. homes unexpectedly fell in June after five straight months of increase, suggesting some cooling in sales activity after recent hefty gains.
WASHINGTON - U.S. millennials are more likely to be living with relatives now than before the Great Recession as the job market fails to rebound fully, the Pew Research Center reported on Wednesday.
WASHINGTON - U.S. homeownership dropped to a 35-year low in the second quarter as more Americans opted to rent, but the decline in ownership was probably close to running its course against the backdrop of a tightening labor market.
NEW YORK - U.S. single-family home prices in May rose from the previous year at the same pace as April but fell short of forecasts, as housing construction slowed and new home sales lagged existing home sales, a closely watched survey said on Tuesday.
WILLISTON, N.D. - A subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corp donated $5 million on Monday to a North Dakota government housing fund that subsidizes construction of low-cost apartments for teachers and emergency personnel in the state's oil patch.
Business News Headlines
- Wall St. dips as September rate hike back on the table
- Fiat Chrysler's Marchionne says 'unconscionable' to give up on GM deal: paper
- Exclusive: Citi aims to boost equities franchise amid industry shakeout
- Venture capital cash surfers may see waves recede in market turmoil
- Toshiba scandal continues as more accounting errors found
- U.S. appeals court rules for Argentine central bank in bond case
- China stocks slide as crackdown on speculators spreads, lose 11 percent in August |
- BNY Mellon expects to fix pricing glitch before markets open
- Suzuki Motor says it will buy back VW stake as court settles feud
- Boeing uses its clout to control supplier consolidation