NEW YORK - Getting a mortgage in the United States may be easier than many borrowers think, according to a survey released Monday by Wells Fargo & Co , the largest U.S. mortgage lender.
VANCOUVER - Chinese investors' global hunt for prime real estate is helping drive Vancouver home prices to record highs and the city, long among top destinations for wealthy mainland buyers, is feeling the bonanza's unwelcome side-effects. | Video
NEW YORK - Applications for U.S. home mortgages fell last week to the lowest since December 2000 as interest rates rose for the first time in four weeks, an industry group said on Wednesday.
- Toll Brothers Inc is finally feeling the pinch as a steep rise in home prices discourages even the most affluent Americans from buying its luxury homes.
WASHINGTON, Sept 2 - U.S. construction spending rebounded strongly to hit its highest level in more than 5-1/2 years in July as private construction increased and state and local government outlays surged, in a further sign of vigor in the economy.
NEW YORK - U.S. investors are back in the hunt for inflation protection for the first time in two years as rising housing costs - particularly for rent - suggest inflation may finally be waking from its post-recession slumber.
WASHINGTON - The regulator for U.S. housing finance giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac <FMCC.OB) said on Friday it wants the two firms to provide more support to some low-income Americans taking out mortgages and refinancing their home loans.
WASHINGTON - Stronger job creation in the United States is making economists more optimistic about the outlook for home resales over the next two years, according to a Reuters poll that showed little change to expectations for house price rises.
Aug 27 - Fannie Mae , the largest U.S. home funding source, said on Wednesday it sold $500 million of benchmark bills at lower interest rates compared with last week's sale of similar maturities.
- Goldman Sachs Group Inc has agreed to a settlement worth $1.2 billion to resolve a U.S. regulator's claims the bank sold Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac faulty mortgage bonds, the regulator announced Friday.
Business News Headlines
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn
- Asia shares rise on Fed, China policy speculation |
- New data shows Americans' incomes still stagnant after recession
- Credit Suisse loans under U.S. Fed scrutiny: WSJ
- Alibaba options expected to be listed on September 29: exchanges |
- Microsoft boosts dividend 11 percent, adds new directors
- New York says Barclays move to toss fraud case should be denied
- Boeing-Lockheed venture wins $938 million in U.S. rocket launch deal
- Adobe revenue forecast misses, shares slip
- U.S. auto regulators defend role in GM recall after report