WASHINGTON U.S. home resales fell to their lowest in a year in August as Hurricane Harvey depressed activity in Houston and a persistent shortage of properties on the market sidelined buyers.
NEW YORK U.S. mortgage applications recorded their steepest weekly drop since December on a pickup in borrowing costs and Hurricane Irma's impact on Florida, the Mortgage Bankers Association said on Wednesday.
LONDON (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Britain's young families pay more to live in smaller homes, further from jobs and with less security than their parents' generation, who instead reap profits from the country's housing shortage, according to a report released Wednesday.
Analytics firm Corelogic on Tuesday estimated total insured and uninsured losses from damage to properties from Hurricane Irma at $42.5-$65 billion.
WASHINGTON U.S. homebuilding fell for a second straight month in August as a rebound in the construction of single-family houses was offset by persistent weakness in the volatile multifamily home segment.
MUMBAI (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - The collapse of a 117-year-old apartment block in a crowded neighborhood in Mumbai last month highlighted the dismal state of affordable rental housing in Indian cities, even as tens of thousands migrate from rural areas everyday in search of jobs.
BEIJING China's central bank supports a move by some banks to increase lending rates on mortgage loans in the Beijing market, state broadcaster China Central Television (CCTV) on Tuesday quoted the central bank as saying.
NEW YORK Contractors for U.S. commercial construction are optimistic about the industry's health in the next 12 months though finding skilled labor still poses challenges, according to a third-quarter survey released on Monday.
DUBAI Dubai-based Emaar Properties obtained a $1.5 billion corporate finance loan from First Abu Dhabi Bank , sources familiar with the matter said on Sunday.
HONG KONG Cromwell European Real Estate Investment Trust, a property trust sponsored by Australia's Cromwell Property Group , launched on Monday an up to 927 million euros ($1.1 billion) initial public offering in Singapore, IFR reported citing a term sheet of the deal.
Business News Headlines
- Fed keeps rates steady, to start portfolio drawdown in October
- Wall St. falls after Fed signals another rate hike this year
- Toshiba to sell chip unit to Bain Capital-led group for $18 billion
- Pfizer files suit against J&J over Remicade contracts
- How $5 billion of debt caught up with Toys 'R' Us |
- General Mills profit misses as U.S. yogurt sales sour
- Apple Watch fails to tick with reviewers due to cellular glitch
- Waymo seeking $2.6 billion from Uber for one trade secret: lawyer
- Google close to buying smartphone maker HTC's assets: Bloomberg
- UPS expects to hire about 95,000 workers for holiday season