A major shareholder of NorthStar Realty Europe Corp has offered to buy the company for $13 per share and is demanding that the real estate investment trust (REIT) pursue a new asset management contract, according to a letter seen by Reuters.
LONDON/FRANKFURT Buyout fund Blackstone is hiring banks to prepare for an initial public offering (IPO) of its warehouse firm Logicor, several people with knowledge of the situation said.
BEIJING China's property investment is likely to slow in 2017 and fixed-asset investment growth could come under pressure, Xinhua news agency quoted Ma Jun, chief economist of the central bank, as saying.
BEIJING China's politburo, a top decision-making body of the ruling Communist Party, on Friday underlined the importance of maintaining national security, the official Xinhua news agency said.
WASHINGTON The net worth of U.S. households increased in the third quarter as U.S. stock prices and real estate values continued to flourish, a report by the Federal Reserve showed on Thursday.
NEW YORK BlackRock Inc, the world's largest asset manager, plans to move its headquarters in 2022 from midtown Manhattan to a massive new office tower in the fast-growing Hudson Yards district on the city's far West Side, the developers said on Thursday.
WASHINGTON Bank lobbying groups are pressing the U.S. Senate to once again work on reforming the country's consumer financial watchdog agency - but this time around they may see those changes become reality.
NEW YORK Interest rates on U.S. fixed-rate mortgages rose to their highest levels in more than two years, sending weekly home loan application activity to its weakest since early January, Mortgage Bankers Association data released on Wednesday showed.
NEW YORK The National Hockey League will relocate its headquarters and a retail showroom to a new development on Manhattan's far West Side, putting it just a block away from a major hockey venue, Madison Square Garden, the site developer said on Wednesday.
ATHENS A Turkish-Arab fund plans to spend up to about 300 million euros ($322 million) to redevelop a luxury seaside resort outside Greece's capital Athens, bringing significant foreign investment into the cash-strapped country, the fund said on Tuesday.
Business News Headlines
- Murdoch's Twenty-First Century Fox bids $14 billion for UK's Sky |
- Hawkish Fed a potential speed bump for stock bulls
- Coke CEO Muhtar Kent hands reins to Quincey in widely expected move |
- U.S. agency concerned about destroyed, lost phones in VW probe
- Exclusive: Reinsurer Beechwood explores sale after Platinum woes - source
- Aetna CEO defends merger with Humana in antitrust trial
- Oil edges up about 1 percent on optimism over non-OPEC output cuts |
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent |
- In Sky deal, Murdochs shield Fox from sagging U.S. ad market
- U.S. wholesale inventories fall in October