- U.S. office vacancy rate remained flat for the third consecutive quarter at 16.8 percent, real estate research firm Reis Inc said in a report released on Tuesday.
NEW YORK - U.S. single-family home prices rose in July on a year-over-year basis but fell short of expectations, a closely watched survey said on Tuesday.
WASHINGTON - Contracts to purchase previously owned U.S. homes fell more than expected in August, pointing to a still shaky housing sector.
WASHINGTON - Sales of new U.S. single-family homes surged in August to their highest level in more than six years, a sign the housing recovery remains on course. | Video
NEW YORK - Applications for U.S. home mortgages fell last week as interest rates edged up, an industry group said on Wednesday.
WASHINGTON - U.S. home resales unexpectedly fell in August as investors stepped away from the market, but the decline probably does not signal renewed weakness.
WASHINGTON - Mortgage originations fell 11 percent in 2013 as rates ticked higher and remained at 20-year lows in the case of loans for home purchases, according to information released on Monday by the Federal Reserve.
WASHINGTON - Economic activity in the United States rose less than expected in August, but was still consistent with the economy expanding at a moderate pace for the rest of this year, The Conference Board said on Friday.
WASHINGTON - U.S. housing starts and permits fell in August, but upward revisions to the prior month's data suggested the housing market continued to gradually improve.
NEW YORK - U.S. homebuilder sentiment rose in September to its strongest in nearly nine years as a firming job market has begun to unleash pent-up demand and builders have reported a sharp pickup in buyer traffic since early summer, data from the National Association of Home Builders showed on Wednesday.
Business News Headlines
- U.S. construction spending posts surprise decline in August
- U.S. factory activity growth slows in September: ISM
- U.S. factory activity grew in September, jobs increases best since early 2012
- U.S. private sector creates 213,000 jobs in September: ADP
- Ackman's Pershing Square raises $3 billion in fund listing
- Wall Street opens lower, Ebola concern weighs
- Exclusive: Goldman leads investment by Wall Street in new communications platform
- New York Times to cut jobs
- Special Report: In foreign hands, British automakers overtake France
- Chrysler reports U.S. auto sales jump 19 percent