WASHINGTON - The U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday agreed to weigh whether the state of Texas violated a fair housing law by disproportionately awarding low-income housing tax credits to developers who own properties in poor, minority-dominated neighborhoods.
- Shares of government-controlled Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac plummeted on Wednesday, the day after a judge upheld the U.S. Treasury's right to seize the mortgage finance companies' profits.
NEW YORK - A key opponent of Bank of America Corp’s proposed $8.5 billion settlement with investors in mortgage-backed securities has dropped its objections, marking another step forward for the deal to receive final court approval.
- U.S. office vacancy rate remained flat for the third consecutive quarter at 16.8 percent, real estate research firm Reis Inc said in a report released on Tuesday.
NEW YORK - U.S. single-family home prices rose in July on a year-over-year basis but fell short of expectations, a closely watched survey said on Tuesday.
WASHINGTON - Contracts to purchase previously owned U.S. homes fell more than expected in August, pointing to a still shaky housing sector.
WASHINGTON - Sales of new U.S. single-family homes surged in August to their highest level in more than six years, a sign the housing recovery remains on course. | Video
NEW YORK - Applications for U.S. home mortgages fell last week as interest rates edged up, an industry group said on Wednesday.
WASHINGTON - U.S. home resales unexpectedly fell in August as investors stepped away from the market, but the decline probably does not signal renewed weakness.
WASHINGTON - Mortgage originations fell 11 percent in 2013 as rates ticked higher and remained at 20-year lows in the case of loans for home purchases, according to information released on Monday by the Federal Reserve.
Business News Headlines
- U.S. factory orders post record decline on aircraft payback
- Jobless claims drop, point to stronger labor market
- Energy shares slump along oil, OSX falls for fourth day
- As PIMCO bleeds assets, Gross shows risk of star culture
- ECB to begin buying secured debt, bundled loans from mid-month
- Bank of America names CEO Moynihan chairman of board
- Daimler cuts car market forecast as Europe wobbles
- Boeing to raise monthly production of 737 jets to 52 in 2018
- Berkshire's Buffett: Coke compensation plan makes 'great sense'- CNBC
- EU to extend Zimmer, Biomet probe, clear Eli Lilly, Novartis deal: sources