WASHINGTON - A divided U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday embraced a broad interpretation of discrimination claims allowed under the landmark Fair Housing Act, a blow to lenders and insurers that face such lawsuits and had urged the court to curb them.
- Lennar Corp , the second-largest U.S. homebuilder, reported a better-than-expected jump in quarterly profit as it sold more homes at higher prices across the United States, especially in the West and Southeast Florida markets. | Video
NEW YORK, June 24 - Applications for U.S. home mortgages rose last week as interest rates dipped, an industry group said on Wednesday.
- The volatile U.S. multifamily housing market has returned to pre-recession investment levels, driven largely by millennials putting off home-buying and settling for rentals, but in the long term it will be baby boomers that will drive the market as they downsize, according to the Kansas City Federal Reserve.
WASHINGTON - U.S. home resales surged to a 5-1/2-year high in May as first-time buyers stepped into the market, the latest indication that housing and overall economic activity were gathering steam in the second quarter. | Video
- A six-year lull in deal making among U.S. homebuilders may be drawing to an end as companies look to bulk up on ready-to-build land to feed a surge in demand from home buyers.
WASHINGTON - Bank repossessions rose again last month, driving overall U.S. foreclosure activity to a 19-month high on an annual basis, industry firm RealtyTrac said on Thursday.
WASHINGTON - U.S. permits for future home construction surged to a near eight-year high in May, suggesting a building up of momentum in housing and the broader economy after a dismal performance at the start of the year.
NEW YORK - Applications for U.S. home mortgages fell last week as interest rates rose to their highest since October 2014, an industry group said on Wednesday.
NEW YORK - U.S. homebuilder sentiment rose more than expected in June, hitting its highest level since September, the National Association of Home Builders said on Monday.
Business News Headlines
- As default looms, Merkel rules out more negotiations with Greece |
- Wall St. turns up on Greece hopes despite looming default
- U.S. consumer confidence rises; manufacturing still soft
- New Volkswagen brand boss faces challenge of taming Wolfsburg's high costs
- U.S. economy nearing full employment, bounced back in second quarter: Fed's Fischer
- Major Puerto Rico investor warns it stands ready to defend bonds
- U.S. seeks up to $3.35 billion in Novartis kickback lawsuit
- Apple conspired to fix e-book prices: U.S. appeals court
- Goldman settles SEC charges over 2013 trading incident
- Emirates reveals fuel contract details in U.S. airline subsidy claim riposte