WASHINGTON - Contracts to buy previously owned U.S. homes rose for a fourth straight month in April to a nine-year high, buoying the outlook for the housing market. | Video
NEW YORK - A federal judge has dismissed a class action lawsuit accusing Ocwen Financial Corp of fraudulently billing hundreds of thousands of homeowners for needless property inspections, saying the case amounts to no more than a breach of contract claim.
Applications for U.S. home mortgages fell last week as interest rates rose, an industry group said on Wednesday.
New U.S. single-family home sales rose more than expected in April and the median price surged, suggesting the housing market recovery was gaining traction.
WASHINGTON - U.S. home resales unexpectedly fell in April as tight inventories pushed prices higher, giving a cautious signal on the strength of the housing market.
NEW YORK - U.S. single-family home prices rose in March from a year earlier, led again by strong increases in the western half of the United States, a closely watched survey said on Tuesday.
WASHINGTON - If the state of Texas prevails in a civil rights case about to be decided by the U.S. Supreme Court, landlords and developers will have an easier time defending themselves in housing discrimination lawsuits.
WASHINGTON - A surge in bank repossessions of properties last month pushed overall foreclosure activity across the United States to an 18-month high, according to a report by industry firm RealtyTrac released on Thursday.
NEW YORK - The Dutch, it is said, bought Manhattan Island in 1626 from its native American inhabitants for about $24 in trade goods. Half a millennium later, that sum wouldn't buy a square foot of office space in New York City's trendiest real estate market, the area below 34th Street known as Midtown South. | Video
NEW YORK, May 20 - Applications for U.S. home mortgages fell last week as interest rates rose to their highest level since December 2014, an industry group said on Wednesday.
Business News Headlines
- Strong sales could shift Ford, GM to higher gear
- Exclusive: Stifel in lead to buy Barclays' U.S. wealth unit - sources
- GM recalls heavy duty trucks with Takata air bags
- Dollar Tree to sell 330 Family Dollar stores to Sycamore Partners
- Intel close to deal to buy Altera for $16 billion: sources |
- Bank of America to improve compliance practices, pay $30 million fine to OCC
- U.S. economy contracts in first quarter; dollar hurts corporate profits |
- Oil leaps 5 percent as dollar rally stalls, U.S. rigs fall
- U.S. warns G7 of global economy 'accident' without Greece deal
- U.S. dealmaking at record year-to-date high