NEW YORK - Applications for U.S. home mortgages edged up last week as interest rates dipped, an industry group said on Wednesday.
WASHINGTON - A U.S. Treasury official on Thursday pushed for a faster reduction in the most illiquid assets held by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and said the only way to fix the government-controlled mortgage finance firms was through legislative reform.
WASHINGTON - Contracts to purchase previously owned U.S. homes rose to their highest level in 1-1/2 years in January, a hopeful sign that the sluggish housing recovery may be gaining speed.
- Mortgage servicer Ocwen Financial Corp said it would sell residential mortgage servicing rights on $45 billion of Fannie Mae loans to an undisclosed buyer, sending its shares up 5.5 percent in extended trading.
- American Realty Capital Properties Inc , a commercial real estate investment trust, said it completed restating results for 2011, 2012, 2013 and the first six months of 2014.
JAKARTA - A surprise loosening of monetary policy in parts of Southeast Asia is offering a glimmer of hope to home owners bracing for higher mortgage rates later this year when the U.S. Federal Reserve is expected to tighten policy.
WASHINGTON - New U.S. single-family home sales fell only slightly in January despite big declines in the snow-battered Northeast while supply rose to its highest level since 2010, hopeful signs for a sluggish housing market. | Video
NEW YORK - Applications for U.S. home mortgages fell for a third straight week last week as interest rates edged higher, an industry group said on Wednesday.
WASHINGTON - MetLife Home Loans LLC will pay $123.5 million to resolve accusations of mortgage lending violations by the Federal Housing Administration, the U.S. Department of Justice said on Wednesday.
WASHINGTON - U.S. housing is set to gain steam this year as a strengthening jobs market offsets the drag from an expected increase in mortgage rates, a Reuters poll showed on Tuesday.
Business News Headlines
- U.S. factory orders fall for sixth straight month
- Wall St. flat after two-day drop; factory orders due
- U.S. jobless claims rise; fourth quarter productivity revised down
- AbbVie boosts cancer drug pipeline with $21 billion Pharmacyclics deal
- Costco's quarterly profit tops estimates on tax benefit
- ECB raises growth forecasts, to start printing money next week |
- Greece cannot rely on ECB to dodge funding crunch
- Citigroup's past losses may have helped it win Costco business
- Brent hovers under $61, WTI down as euro slips vs dollar
- China signals 'new normal' with higher spending, lower growth target |