NEW YORK U.S. single-family home prices rose in April due to tight inventory of houses on the market and low mortgage rates, a survey showed on Tuesday, and economists see no imminent change in the trend.
NEW YORK A golden period in global property markets appears near an end as rising interest rates and lower returns hurt performance, but the outlook for real estate remains strong, asset manager PGIM said on Tuesday.
HONG KONG As Hong Kong marks 20 years since the former British colony was handed back to China, vegetable seller Lau Mei-tin is in no mood to celebrate. | Video
The U.S. apartment vacancy rate increased in the second quarter and rents were higher, according to a report from Reis Inc .
Lawyers for the United States on Monday urged jurors to allow the U.S. government to seize a Manhattan office tower from a non-profit for violating U.S. sanctions against Iran.
MADRID Bankia and mid-sized bank BMN are holding board meetings on Monday to discuss a potential merger deal that would create a new entity with total assets of around 230 billion euros, two sources with knowledge of the deal said on Monday.
NEW YORK Berkshire Hathaway Inc has taken a nearly 10 percent stake in the real estate investment trust Store Capital Corp, adding to bets in the sector by the conglomerate controlled by billionaire Warren Buffett.
U.S. mortgage lenders are bracing for rockier times as consumers demand for home loans slows and competition in the mortgage industry intensifies, Fannie Mae's latest quarterly survey released on Monday showed.
LONDON British consumers increased their borrowing at the slowest pace in more than a year-and-a-half in May and banks offered fewer mortgages, data from the country's banking industry showed on Monday, adding to signs of a slowdown in the economy.
NEW YORK Wall Street ended higher on Friday as gains in tech and energy stocks more than offset weakness in the financial sector, while a slide in Home Depot kept the Dow in check.
Business News Headlines
- Asia stocks pressured as Wall St. hit by healthcare vote delay
- 'What's the rush' on interest rate hikes, asks Fed's Kashkari
- Madoff settlements reach $12 billion with new accords
- 'Pharma bro' Martin Shkreli's notoriety slows New York jury selection
- Google faces years of EU oversight on top of record antitrust fine
- Fed's Yellen expects no new financial crisis in 'our lifetimes'
- Nestle plans $20.8 billion share buyback amid Third Point pressure
- Toshiba faces shareholders with no chip unit deal signed
- U.S. antitrust lawsuit against Qualcomm to proceed, judge rules
- Canada allows Dow, Dupont merger after firms agree to sell assets