LONDON Chinese investment in London commercial property has more than trebled since before Britain voted to leave the European Union, most of it channeled through Hong Kong at a time of heightened political uncertainty in the former British colony.
NEW YORK The biotech industry is facing high rents and tight lab space in Boston, New York and San Francisco, forcing companies into the suburbs in a sign the "live, work and play" movement into big cities may have hit a roadblock.
BEIJING China's cabinet on Friday issued guidelines to regulate overseas investment as Beijing looks to support capable firms investing overseas while limiting deals in property, hotels, entertainment, sports clubs, and the film industry.
BEIJING China's home price growth slowed in July, with Beijing declining for a second straight month, reinforcing expectations that property price growth may stagnate over the course of the year.
BEIJING China approved 165.5 billion yuan ($24.80 billion) worth of fixed-asset investment projects in July, the country's top economic planner said on Friday in a regular briefing.
NEW YORK LaSalle Investment Management Inc has set a new capital-raising target of $1 billion for the fifth of its pan-Asia opportunistic real estate funds, one of which is expected to significantly outperform a target annual return of 18 percent, the unit of Jones Lang LaSalle Inc said on Wednesday.
LONDON (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Developers who fall short of requirements to build low-cost homes will be forced to make financial records public to show why they cannot build more, under plans by announced by the mayor of London on Wednesday.
NEW YORK U.S. applications for home refinancing climbed to their highest level in nearly two months last week with their share of total housing loan requests reaching the biggest since February, as home borrowing costs fell, the Mortgage Bankers Association said on Wednesday.
WASHINGTON U.S. homebuilding unexpectedly fell in July as the construction of multi-family houses tumbled to a 10-month low, but strong job growth is expected to continue to support the housing market recovery.
Residents of a building owned by the Kushner Cos on Tuesday sued the real estate company belonging to the family of President Donald Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner, alleging the it overcharged them for rent in violation of New York law.
Business News Headlines
- Asian shares fragile as Trump turmoil, Korea tensions weigh
- Sempra Energy to buy Oncor for $9.45 billion in cash
- Shift from non-GAAP bottom lines could be good for stock prices
- Uber hikes Hong Kong fees amid legal troubles
- China's Great Wall confirms interest in Fiat Chrysler
- U.S. did not detail request for auto rules of origin at NAFTA talks: source
- Summer rumblings could herald a stormy fall for U.S. stocks
- Stability concerns focus at Fed ahead of Yellen speech
- Oil dips on rising U.S. output, but drilling activity slows
- Exclusive: Hyundai Motor Group faces government calls to address 'big governance risk'