Newtown School Shooting
NEWTOWN Connecticut - Parents of two children killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Connecticut said on Friday that state officials had failed to provide them adequate mental health care in the wake of one of America's worst mass shootings.
- Connecticut man in plea deal for carrying assault weapon on campus
- Connecticut schools should have unarmed guards to prevent shootings: expert
- More than $28 million donated to Newtown shooting victims, state report says
- 'Miscommunications' followed Newtown school shooting, parents say
- Venezuelan arrested for threatening calls after Sandy Hook massacre
On December 14, 2012, a gunman opened fire on Sandy Hook Elementary School, leaving 26 dead, including 20 young children. Reuters photographers share their experience covering the story that devastated Newtown, Connecticut and the rest of the country. Video
Audio: 911 recordings from Sandy Hook shooting
- A Virginia man who claims the massacre of 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook School in Connecticut never took place has been arrested after stolen memorial signs for two 7-year-old victims were found in his home, police said.
MYSTIC, Connecticut - A playground honoring a 7-year-old victim of the Sandy Hook School massacre in Connecticut was vandalized by a man who told the girl's mother in a phone call just days before Mother's Day that the shootings were a "hoax" and her daughter never existed, authorities said on Wednesday.
- A federal judge on Thursday upheld Connecticut's tough gun control law that was passed in the wake of the deadly 2012 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The 2012 massacre of 26 people at Sandy Hook Elementary School illustrated how vulnerable Connecticut's older school buildings are, a security expert told a panel tasked with reviewing the shooting.
President Barack Obama attended a vigil honoring the victims of the violent school shooting in Connecticut. Video
A month after the massacre in Newtown, families launch Sandy Hook Promise in effort to curb gun violence. Video