HANOI Vietnam's most powerful leader has called for greater unity among Southeast Asian states at a time the country has appeared increasingly isolated in challenging China's territorial claims in the South China Sea.
- China military criticizes 'wrong' U.S. moves on Taiwan, South China Sea
- Philippines says China agrees on no new expansion in South China Sea
- Drilling ship leaves Vietnam oil block after China row
- U.S. destroyer challenges China's claims in South China Sea
- China leaning on Singapore to keep ASEAN calm over South China Sea: sources |
MACAU/HONG KONG Chaos and confusion gripped Macau on Thursday after one of the strongest typhoons on record hit the territory, killing at least nine people, and leaving more than half the city still without water and power, and casinos relying on back-up generators.