Twitter in Context
BRUSSELS The European Union is considering legislative measures to harmonize how online platforms like Facebook , Twitter and Google take down hate speech and incitement to violence, a draft document seen by Reuters shows.
- U.S. Homeland Security probes possible abuse in Twitter summons case
- Twitter case shows breadth of U.S. power to probe anti-Trump statements
- Twitter pulls lawsuit over anti-Trump account, says summons withdrawn |
- Twitter refuses U.S. order to reveal user behind anti-Trump account |
- Friday Morning Briefing
- Twitter revels in role of free speech defender as it sues Trump administration
Recent Twitter News
U.S. President Donald Trump accused Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's government of going "beyond a red line" with a poison gas attack on civilians. "And I will tell you, it’s already happened that my attitude toward Syria and Assad has changed very much," Trump said. When asked at an earlier meeting whether he was formulating a new policy on Syria, Trump said: "You'll see," without providing specifics. Assad told a newspaper there is no "option except victory" in the country's civil war in an
SAN FRANCISCO Twitter Inc is launching a faster version of its mobile service on Wednesday aimed at people with sporadic connections or little data on their smartphone plans, hoping to pick up users in harder-to-reach emerging markets.
LONDON Britain will tell Google, Facebook, Twitter, and Microsoft on Thursday to do more to stop extremists posting content on their platforms and using encrypted messaging services to plan attacks.
- Apple self-driving car testing plan gives clues to tech program
- Elon Musk on mission to link human brains with computers in four years: report
- KKR, INCJ plan joint bid for Toshiba's chip unit: Nikkei
- Uber extends sexual harassment probe; expects report by end-May
- Singapore researchers turn water into 'virtual lemonade' but is it tart enough? |