Twitter in Context
SANAA - Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, one of the group's deadliest franchises, called on Islamists to target the United States, after Washington launched air strikes in Iraq against Islamist militants who operate as the Islamic State.
- Twitter's surge revives valuation debate |
- Twitter assuages growth concerns for now as shares soar 35 percent |
- Twitter to unveil new metrics to show wider reach: WSJ
- Twitter appoints Katie Stanton global media chief: source
- Twitter names former Goldman executive Noto as CFO
- Morgan Stanley gives tweeting brokers some leeway
Recent Twitter News
SAN FRANCISCO/NEW YORK - Chinese e-commerce company Alibaba Group Holding Ltd has decided to list on the New York Stock Exchange, it said on Thursday, dealing a blow to the rival Nasdaq bourse.
RIYADH - Britain has banned Mohammed al-Arifi, a conservative Sunni Muslim cleric from Saudi Arabia with over 9 million Twitter followers, as it tries to deter young Muslims from going to join Islamic militants in Syria.
MOSCOW - Russia asked Twitter on Monday to block access to a dozen accounts it deems "extremist", the head of the country's telecoms watchdog said, as Moscow seeks greater control over Internet sites based beyond its borders.