Twitter in Context
SAN FRANCISCO Twitter Inc plans on Wednesday to launch a system for people to earn money by streaming live on its Periscope service, a first for Twitter and a way for the company to try to compete with YouTube and others in the search for internet talent.
- Exclusive: China problems force Aston Martin into global recall of 1,658 cars
- Beyonce's father confirms the birth of her twins in Twitter message |
- Amazon CEO Bezos asks Twitter followers how to donate his money
- Trump's blocking of Twitter users violates U.S. Constitution: rights institute
- Social media firms have increased removals of online hate speech: EU
- Trump's 'covfefe' tweet leaves Internet guessing |
Recent Twitter News
LONDON Reports that Donald Trump is about to quit the Paris accord drew calls on Wednesday for other countries to rally round the climate pact, but warnings from some environmentalists that it would leave the deal badly weakened.
BRUSSELS European Union ministers approved proposals on Tuesday to make social media companies such as Facebook, Twitter and Google's YouTube tackle videos with hate speech on their platforms. The proposals, which would be the first legislation at EU level on the issue, still need to be agreed with the European Parliament before becoming law. But EU lawmakers have similarly pushed for social media companies to do more to tackle hateful content on their platforms.
A Massachusetts state college apologized on Saturday for Twitter messages filled with racist language, anti-immigrant speech and praise for President Donald Trump that had been sent from its hacked social media account.
- Under pressure, Western tech firms bow to Russian demands to share cyber secrets |
- Facebook launches UK initiative to counter online extremist material
- Toshiba willing to talk with spurned Western Digital about chip unit sale
- China's authorities tighten noose around online video content |
- Axel Springer hopeful Facebook will make news pay