Mar 12 - Relatives gather at an Istanbul construction site where 11 workers were killed in a fire on Sunday night. Travis Brecher reports.
▲ Hide Transcript
▶ View Transcript
Relatives of deceased workers gather on this rainy Monday near Istanbul, Turkey.
Late on Sunday night, a fire engulfed a tented dormitory at this construction site where around 15 workers had been sleeping.
Eleven of them were killed in the blaze.
Appearing on state television, the local mayor said an electric heater - used to heat the tent in sub-zero temperatures - may have caused the fire.
Local media, meanwhile, suggested a short circuit was to blame.
Around 200 people are working at the construction site in an Istanbul suburb, where a shopping mall is being built.
Travis Brecher, Reuters
Press CTRL+C (Windows), CMD+C (Mac), or long-press the URL below on your mobile device to copy the code