Reuters - Video

Edition: US | UK | IN | CN | JP

Video

Funeral for Palestinian man killed by Israeli forces

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 00:40

Hundreds march for the funeral of a West Bank Palestinian man killed by Israeli forces during clashes. Rough Cut (no reporter narration).

▲ Hide Transcript

View Transcript

(ROUGH CUT ONLY - NO REPORTER NARRATION) Several hundred mourners marched in a funeral procession on Wednesday for a 25-year old Palestinian killed by Israeli troops during a confrontation with a stone-throwing crowd in a flashpoint district of the occupied West Bank, both sides said. The incident on Tuesday in Fuwar, near the city of Hebron, stoked tensions ahead of a visit by U.S. President Barack Obama next week that has been billed as a bid to encourage new peacemaking. Witnesses said Israeli soldiers raided Fuwar and opened fire after coming under a barrage of rocks from local Palestinians. Hospital officials said a 25-year-old man died after being shot in the head and two others were wounded by the Israelis. Citing the results of an initial investigation, an Israeli military spokeswoman said the troops had been attacked with fire-bombs on a nearby road and pursued the assailants into Fuwar, where they encountered the stone-throwers.

Press CTRL+C (Windows), CMD+C (Mac), or long-press the URL below on your mobile device to copy the code

Funeral for Palestinian man killed by Israeli forces

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 00:40