Amateur video appears to show aftermath of Syrian massacre
Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 00:56
(WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT) April 11 - Amateur video purports to show the aftermath of fighting in the southern town of Sanamein that activists are calling a massacre. Simon Hanna reports.
▲ Hide Transcript
▶ View Transcript
The bodies of 20 men women and children lay wrapped in blankets in the southern Syrian town of Sanamein - activists say this is evidence of a massacre by government forces.
The amateur video - uploaded to the internet on Wednesday - cannot be independently verified by Reuters.
The cameraman names the victims and describes how they died as his lens passes across the bodies of the dead.
The video goes on to show what is said to be interior and exterior damage to buildings and vehicles in the town of Sanamein.
The Syrian Observatory for Human rights reported dozens of civilians, including children, were killed on Wednesday in shelling and executions by forces loyal to President Assad.
The head of the Observatory said 45 victims of what he called a massacre had been named, with the death toll likely to rise.
Press CTRL+C (Windows), CMD+C (Mac), or long-press the URL below on your mobile device to copy the code