Kazakhs defend suspects linked with Boston bomb accused
Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 01:10
May 2 - The father of one of the two Kazakh students charged with interfering with the Boston Marathon investigation says his son was not involved. Deborah Gembara reports.
▲ Hide Transcript
▶ View Transcript
THIS IS THE CORRECTED VERSION OF 4202-VARIOUS-KAZAKHSTAN BOSTON ARRESTS
THE STORY IS BEING RESENT TO CORRECT THE MAN INTERVIEWED AS THE FATHER OF AZAMAT TAZHAYAKOV, NOT THE FATHER OF DIAS KADYRBAYEV.
Court sketches show two Kazakh men, charged by U.S. authorities on Wednesday with interfering in the investigation of the Boston Marathon bombing.
The two students were described as college friends of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who is accused of plotting the April 15th attack.
But in Kazakhstan the pair are believed to be innocent.
In the city of Almaty, residents said the students had merely fallen in with the wrong crowd.
This woman says they happened to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time, with the wrong people.
The father of one of the Kazakh students, Azamat Tazhayakov, gave an interview last week, saying gave an interview last week saying his son was not involved.
He said his son had never fought anyone and had never been in touch with any radicals.
Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev are accused of hiding fireworks and a backpack belonging to one of the Boston bombing suspects while the manhunt was underway.
Press CTRL+C (Windows), CMD+C (Mac), or long-press the URL below on your mobile device to copy the code