Reuters - Video

Edition: US | UK | IN | CN | JP

Reuters Video

Prince Philip undergoes planned surgery

Friday, June 07, 2013 - 00:33

June 7 - Britain's Prince Philip is admitted to a hospital in London for a planned operation on his abdomen. Julie Noce reports.

▲ Hide Transcript

View Transcript

Britain's Prince Philip is in a London hospital for a planned surgical procedure on his abdomen. Philip, who turns 92 on Monday, is expected to spend about two weeks the clinic after undergoing the procedure, the palace said in a statement. Earlier in the day, the prince attended a garden party at Buckingham Palace with his wife, 87-year-old Queen Elizabeth. Royal aides said there would be regular updates on his condition but asked media to refrain from speculating about the operation,

Press CTRL+C (Windows), CMD+C (Mac), or long-press the URL below on your mobile device to copy the code

Prince Philip undergoes planned surgery

Friday, June 07, 2013 - 00:33