Gandolfini 'dead on arrival' at hospital, autopsy to be held
Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 00:49
June 20 - Claudio Modini, head of the emergency room at the Rome hospital where Sopranos star James Gandolfini was taken following a suspected heart attack, says the actor was considered dead on arrival and that an autopsy has been requested within 24 hours. Rough Cut (no reporter narration).
▲ Hide Transcript
▶ View Transcript
ROUGH CUT (NO REPORTER NARRATION)
Sopranos star James Gandolfini was considered "dead on arrival" after being taken to a Rome hospital following a suspected heart attack, head of the Policlinico Umberto I hospital emergency department said on Thursday (June 20).
Gandolfini, 51, was vacationing in Italy when his heart stopped late on Wednesday (June 19) evening.
He was taken from his Rome hotel to the hospital where staff found his heart had already stopped at about 11 p.m. local time (2100 GMT), a hospital spokesman said.
"It was impossible to obtain a success in the rescue operations and the patient died," head of the hospital's emergency department, Claudio Modini told reporters.
Press CTRL+C (Windows), CMD+C (Mac), or long-press the URL below on your mobile device to copy the code