June 28 - Chinese firefighters rescue a four-year-old boy trapped in a window grille. Rough Cut (no reporter narration).
▲ Hide Transcript
▶ View Transcript
A four-year-old boy stuck in the window grille of a two-story apartment, was freed by firefighters in southwest China, state media reported on Friday.
The boy stuck his head out of the window to see his older sister off as she left home for school on Thursday (June 27) afternoon. The boy missed a step and was caught between the bars, state television CCTV reported.
The sister, shocked by what she saw, rushed back home and sought help from her neighbours.
She and a neighbour twisted a bed sheet into a rope, and held the boy up with it, according to CCTV and photographs.
The relieved sister holding the boy's hand, spoke about the experience afterwards.
Press CTRL+C (Windows), CMD+C (Mac), or long-press the URL below on your mobile device to copy the code