Reuters - Video

Edition: U.S. | U.K. | IN | CN | JP

Entertainment

Alcohol, heroin killed Glee star Cory Monteith

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 00:56

July 17 - A Canadian coroner says Glee actor Cory Monteith died from a combination of heroin and alcohol overdose. Paul Chapman reports.

▲ Hide Transcript

View Transcript

Glee star Cory Monteith was found dead in a Canadian hotel room on Saturday. On Tuesday the British Columbia Coroners Service confirmed he was killed by an overdose of heroin and alcohol. (SOUNDBITE)(English) BARBARA McLINTOCK, CORONER, SAYING: "We're here today to announce that we do now have a cause of death in the tragic death of Cory Monteith and that cause of death was a mixed drug toxicity and it involved heroin primarily and also alcohol." The 31-year-old actor, who played Finn Hudson in the musical comedy TV series, was found dead at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel in Vancouver. Police say they've ruled out foul play. Monteith had been public about his struggles with substance abuse. In April he underwent voluntary treatment for an unspecified addiction. In 2011 he told Parade magazine he'd had a serious drug problem as a teenager for which he'd also been treated.

Press CTRL+C (Windows), CMD+C (Mac), or long-press the URL below on your mobile device to copy the code

Alcohol, heroin killed Glee star Cory Monteith

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 00:56