April 6 - Guests at a Wisconsin Holiday Inn were taken to the hospital after getting sick in the pool area, likely due to the strong scent of chlorine. Vanessa Johnston reports.
▲ Hide Transcript
▶ View Transcript
Seventeen people fell ill at a Wisconsin hotel on Saturday.
A strong odor of chlorine had briefly permeated the pool area, according to the Holiday Inn's general manager.
The guests immediately ran into the hallway. Some of them threw up.
New Berlin Assistant Fire Chief, Joseph Dallman, arrived to help.
(SOUNDBITE) (English) NEW BERLIN ASSISTANT FIRE CHIEF, JOSEPH DALLMAN, SAYING:
"We were dispatched here for some kids and adults having some respiratory issues from the pool area."
No one is believed to be seriously ill. But all 17 people were taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Press CTRL+C (Windows), CMD+C (Mac), or long-press the URL below on your mobile device to copy the code