May 13 - Nigerian police hold bombing suspects and offer reward for two more. Masako Iijima reports
▲ Hide Transcript
▶ View Transcript
Nigeria's state security service says these men are responsible for a bomb attack at a bus station which killed 75 people.
The five men are said to be members of Boko Haram which claimed responsibility for the blast near Abuja.
Two suspects are on the run and police are offering a 150,000-dollar reward.
(SOUNDBITE)(English) STATE SECURITY SERVICE SPOKESMAN MARILYN OGAR SAYING:
"Although five persons who are privy to the bombing incident have been taken into custody they are - Ahmed Rufai Abubakar, Mohammadu Sani, Yau Saidu, Anas Isah and Adamu Yusuf. Rufai Abubakar Tsiga and Aminu Sadiq Ogwuche are currently at large and are hereby declared wanted. The sum of 25 million naira is hereby announced as reward for anybody with useful information on their whereabouts."
The radical islamist group is waging an insurgency against President Goodluck Jonathan's government.
It has threatened further attacks after the one on April 14 and a suspected car bomb in the suburb of Nyanya, killed at least 15 earlier this month.
The same group is also blamed for the recent kidnapping of some 200 schoogirls.
Press CTRL+C (Windows), CMD+C (Mac), or long-press the URL below on your mobile device to copy the code