Reuters - Video

Edition: U.S. | U.K. | IN | CN

Top News

Battlefield Luhansk

Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 01:34

June 3 - Fighting rages in eastern Ukraine for second straight day with the military releasing footage of the wounded amid reports that 59 servicemen have been killed since April. Deborah Lutterbeck reports.

▲ Hide Transcript

View Transcript

Shattered glass on an administrative building in eastern Ukraine. On Monday an explosion ripped through the building in Luhansk that had once been held by pro-Russian separatists. Now despair amid the ruins. (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) LUHANSK RESIDENT, KONSTANTIN, SAYING: "It's simply really painful. I don't have the words. You understand, people died, during peacetime. It is peacetime for us, we have never had such casualties." Separatists say eight people were killed after an air strike by the Ukrainian military. Kiev says it was the separatists who caused the explosion after a heat-seeking rocket hit the wrong target. Fighting rages in eastern Ukraine for the second straight day with the military releasing footage of the wounded. The government says there are dead and wounded on both sides. Reports of fresh fighting come amid reports that 59 servicemen had been killed in clashes with rebels since hostilities broke out in the east in April. A building at the Ukrainian border post near Luhansk is riddled with bullets, a day after eight guards were wounded in an attack. A body is left uncollected in the grass. The head of Ukraine's border service is calling for backup from the army and national guard. A call made in peacetime surrounded by the signs of war.

Press CTRL+C (Windows), CMD+C (Mac), or long-press the URL below on your mobile device to copy the code

Battlefield Luhansk

Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 01:34