Reuters - Video

Edition: U.S. | U.K. | IN | CN

Video

Bieber cleared on attempted robbery charge

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 01:12

June 17 - The latest celebrity news including Justin Bieber cleared of attempted robbery charge and Leonardo DiCaprio pledges more ''green'' to keep the oceans blue. John Russell reports.

▲ Hide Transcript

View Transcript

Justin Bieber has been cleared of wrongdoing in an attempted robbery investigation in which the Canadian pop star was accused of trying to take a woman's mobile phone. Los Angeles prosecutors rejected the allegations because of insufficient evidence to back up the claims, said a city spokesperson. Bieber was accused in May of trying to take the woman's mobile phone after she was suspected of taking photos of him at an amusement park in Van Nuys, California, in Los Angeles' San Fernando Valley. Prosecutors have decided not to go forward with disorderly conduct charges against Grammy Award-winning musicians Paul Simon and Edie Brickell after the couple had a shoving match in April at their Connecticut home. At a hearing last month, the couple had told Judge William Wenzel that the spat was atypical of their relationship and that they posed no threat to one another. Actor Leonardo DiCaprio pledged to donate an additional seven million dollars from his foundation toward "meaningful ocean conservation projects over the next two years." The announcement followed President Obama's own plans to protect areas of the Pacific Ocean from overfishing and environmental damage. The environmentally friendly DiCaprio was attending the State Department's "Our Ocean" symposium.

Press CTRL+C (Windows), CMD+C (Mac), or long-press the URL below on your mobile device to copy the code

Bieber cleared on attempted robbery charge

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 01:12