Reuters - Video

EDITION: U.S. | U.K. | IN

Entertainment

Clooney says "no" to tabloid apology

Friday, Jul 11, 2014 - 01:33

July 11 - The latest clebrity news including George Clooney refuses to accept apology from Britain's Daily Mail over story about his upcoming marriage. John Russell reports.

▲ Hide Transcript

View Transcript

George Clooney refused to accept an apology from Britain's Daily Mail after it published what he said was a false story "insinuating religious tensions" by saying his future mother-in-law opposed his marriage to human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin. The Oscar-winning actor said the apology showed that the Mail knew the online story about Alamuddin's mother preferring her daughter to marry within the family's religion was a lie when it published the story. Clooney, 53, said in a statement published in the newspaper USA Today on Friday (July 11) that while he "thanks the Mail for its apology... I would ever accept it ..." A trailer for the upcoming feature film directed by Angelina Jolie was released Friday (July 11). "Unbroken," about a World War II-era prisoner of war, hits theaters this December, and is the second film directed by the Oscar-winning actress. "Unbroken" is based on the best-selling 2010 book of the same name and tells the life story of Louis Zamperini, an Olympic runner and later, a prisoner of war under the Japanese. Zamperini died last week (July 03) at age 97 after a 40-day bout with pneumonia. "Unbroken" will be released December 25. Stars Cameron Diaz and Jason Segel smiled and joked on the red carpet in Los Angeles Thursday night (July 10) prior to the premiere of their new comedy, "Sex Tape." The stars said they had no trouble taking it off for the film, adding that they had more problems to keep from laughing during filing. Diaz and Segal previously starred together in the 2011 hit comedy, "Bad Teacher." "Sex Tape" opens in the U.S. on July 18.

Clooney says "no" to tabloid apology

Friday, Jul 11, 2014 - 01:33

Top News »

The Exchange »

Moving Pictures »