Russia pressed on with its offensive in eastern Ukraine on Thursday after NATO branded Moscow the biggest "direct threat" to Western security and agreed plans to modernise Kyiv's beleaguered armed forces.
- WorldU.S. Capitol riot panel subpoenas White House counsel under Trump
A congressional panel investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, assault on the U.S. Capitol announced on Wednesday that it has subpoenaed former President Donald Trump's White House counsel, Pat Cipollone, to testify about Trump's activities on the day of the melee.
- Macro MattersChina's factory, service sectors shake off 3 months of lockdown pain, article with image
While activity has sped up since various COVID lockdowns imposed since March have been rolled back, headwinds persist.
- WorldBiden unlikely to meet bold Democrat demands after abortion ruling, sources say
The White House is unlikely to take up the bold steps to protect women's right to have an abortion that Democratic lawmakers have called for in recent days, interviews with officials show.
Behind the News
- Two more men charged in truck smuggling incident that killed 53 migrants in Texas, article with galleryAmericas ·
June 30, 2022 · 1:24 AM UTC
The suspected driver of a truck packed with dozens of migrants who died in sweltering heat during a smuggling attempt in Texas and an accused conspirator were charged in U.S. federal court on Wednesday with human trafficking offenses.
- United StatesWoman shot, killed while pushing baby stroller in New York City
A 20-year-old woman pushing a baby stroller on a New York City street was shot in the head and killed on Wednesday, the New York Police Department said.