China's President Xi Jinping and Russia's President Vladimir Putin set their sights on shaping a new world order as the Chinese leader left Moscow on Wednesday, having made no direct support for Putin's war in Ukraine during his two-day visit.
- FinanceUS banks face scrutiny as Fed rate decision looms
A scramble by troubled U.S. lender First Republic Bank to secure a capital infusion kept worries about the broader banking sector alive on Wednesday as authorities considered steps to further strengthen financial stability.
- Macro MattersUK inflation rate unexpectedly rises to 10.4% in February
Food and drink prices rise at fastest rate since 1977.
- WorldNorth Korea fires multiple cruise missiles off its east coast, South Korea says
North Korea fired multiple cruise missiles off its east coast on Wednesday, South Korea's military said, the latest in a series of weapons tests as South Korean and the U.S. forces conduct joint military exercises.
- Asia PacificEarthquake in Afghanistan kills at least 13, nine of them in Pakistan
At least 13 people were killed and more than 90 injured in Pakistan and Afghanistan after a magnitude 6.5 earthquake struck late on Tuesday, government officials said.
- Middle EastIsraeli strike hits near Aleppo airport -Syrian officials
An Israeli air strike hit near Syria's Aleppo airport early Wednesday, causing "material damage" and shutting down operations there, Syrian officials said, while regional intelligence sources said the attack hit an Iranian arms depot.