The United States and Western countries sought to project unity and a tough stance over Ukraine on Thursday, after U.S. President Joe Biden suggested allies were split over how to react to any potential "minor incursion" from Russia.
- United StatesGeorgia prosecutor requests special grand jury in Trump election probe
The prosecutor for Georgia's biggest county requested a special grand jury with subpoena power to aid her investigation into then-President Trump's efforts to influence the U.S. state's 2020 election results.
- United StatesBipartisan U.S. Senate group discusses scaled-back elections bill
The discussions follow Democrats' twin defeats on a voting-rights bill.
- WorldU.S. charges Belarus officials with aircraft piracy over diverted Ryanair flight
The U.S. Department of Justice said on Thursday it has charged four Belarusian government officials with aircraft piracy for diverting a Ryanair flight last May to arrest a dissident Belarusian journalist who was on board.
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsAnalysis: How Omicron highlights fading hope of herd immunity from COVID
- BusinessCanadian vaccine mandate to lead to inflation, empty shelves, trucking executives say
- The Great RebootAustria set to make COVID shots compulsory after bill clears parliament
- WorldWestern Australia state to stay shut as Omicron stalks the east
- The Great RebootFrance to loosen COVID curbs in February, allowing popcorn in cinemas again
- EuropeSputnik V shows higher Omicron-antibody levels than Pfizer in preliminary study