The death toll of a devastating earthquake in southern Turkey and Syria jumped to more than 7,800 people on Tuesday as rescuers worked against time in harsh winter conditions to dig survivors out of the rubble of collapsed buildings.
- WorldUkraine says Russians endure deadliest day, German minister in Kyiv announces tank supplies
Ukraine said on Tuesday the last 24 hours were the deadliest of the war so far for Russian troops as Moscow pressed on with an intensifying winter assault in the east, bringing tens of thousands of freshly mobilised troops to the battlefield.
- Macro MattersFed's Powell says job strength shows inflation fight may last 'quite a bit of time'
"We didn't expect it to be this strong," Powell said.
- WorldU.S. Rep. Santos expected to face House ethics probe
U.S. Representative George Santos is expected to face a House Ethics Committee probe after admitting he fabricated much of his resume, but Speaker Kevin McCarthy gave conflicting responses on Tuesday about whether an investigation into his fellow Republican had begun.
Wider Image'We didn't know poaching was illegal'
Love of sea turtles turns Philippine poachers into protectors
- Biden to push for new taxes, appeal for unity in State of the Union speechUnited States ·
February 7, 2023 · 9:53 PM UTC· undefined ago
U.S. President Joe Biden will face Republicans who question his legitimacy and a public concerned about the country's direction in Tuesday's State of the Union speech that is expected to serve as a blueprint for a 2024 re-election bid.
- Motor racingF1 will never gag any drivers, says Domenicali