Russia warned on Wednesday that imposing sanctions on President Vladimir Putin personally would not hurt him but would be "politically destructive", after U.S. President Joe Biden said he would consider such a move if Russia invaded Ukraine.
- European MarketsAnalysis: Fed tightening a sign to get the 'heck out' of U.S. stocks
U.S. stock markets, after enjoying their best three-year run in more than two decades, may soon have to cede the top spot.
- BusinessWall St surges ahead of Fed policy decision; Microsoft shines
Wall Street's main indexes climbed on Wednesday after two turbulent sessions and ahead of the outcome of a Federal Reserve policy meeting, with a stellar outlook from Microsoft boosting technology stocks.
- Aerospace & DefenseBoeing posts loss as 787 jet deliveries stall with 'no firm end in sight'
Boeing Co said on Wednesday it incurred $4.5 billion charges in the fourth quarter on its sidelined 787 program, obscuring the U.S. planemaker's long-awaited return to positive cash flow fueled by rebounding 737 MAX deliveries.
- AmericasCOVID-19 cases at highest ever in Americas -regional health agency
- United KingdomWanted: Volunteers to catch COVID in the name of science
- ChinaU.S. weighs letting diplomats leave China over tough COVID rules
- EuropeGerman parliament debates compulsory vaccination as COVID surges
- Future of HealthCannabis compound CBD stops coronavirus in test tube, but can it treat COVID?
- United StatesCOVID is less severe with Omicron than Delta, U.S. study suggests
- United KingdomEnglish COVID study finds record prevalence in January
GraphicsGender and language
The movement to recognize a spectrum of genders is changing languages around the world.