The week in bank CEO pay packages: Morgan Stanley CEO James Gorman gets a 6% raise to $35 million in total compensation, while JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon gets 9.5% for a total of $34.5 million … British pubs, restaurants and bakery chains are coming after some of the world’s biggest insurers in court … And the U.S. Fed has a white paper out on issuing its own digital currency
Britain on Saturday accused the Kremlin of seeking to install a pro-Russian leader in Ukraine, and said Russian intelligence officers had been in contact with a number of former Ukrainian politicians as part of plans for an invasion.
- Asia PacificBlast hits western Afghan city of Herat, killing at least six
A blast ripped through a minivan in the western Afghan city of Herat on Saturday, killing at least six people, according to officials.
- AfricaGhana blast leaves survivors with cuts and questions
In less than an hour Apiate was reduced to a wasteland of rubble, timber and twisted metal, a huge crater yawning at its core from the explosion.
- United KingdomUK lawmaker says she was sacked from ministerial job for her 'Muslimness'
A British lawmaker has said she was fired from a ministerial job in Prime Minister Boris Johnson's Conservative government partly because her Muslim faith was making colleagues uncomfortable, the Sunday Times reported.
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsPfizer CEO sees annual COVID vaccine rather than frequent boosters
- Asia PacificNew Zealand to impose restrictions after Omicron community spread
- Asia PacificHong Kong warns of worsening COVID outbreak as leader defends hamster cull
- Asia PacificTokyo hits record 10,000 COVID cases, Japan over 50,000 for first time
- EuropeFrance's Constitutional Council approves Macron's vaccine pass
- ChinaChina's Beijing to maintain COVID emergency status as Winter Olympics loom
- Asia PacificAustralia's Queensland state says peak of Omicron two weeks away