- WorldTrump wanted to join Jan 6 Capitol riot, tried to grab limo steering wheel, aide testifies, article with video
Donald Trump tried to grab the steering wheel of his presidential limousine on Jan. 6, 2021, when his security detail declined to take him to the U.S. Capitol where his supporters were rioting, a former aide testified on Tuesday.
- WorldAbortions can resume in Texas after judge blocks pre-Roe v. Wade ban
Abortions can resume in Texas after a judge on Tuesday blocked officials from enforcing a nearly century-old ban the state's Republican attorney general said was back in effect after the U.S. Supreme Court overturned the constitutional right to the procedure nationwide.
- MarketsWall Street stumbles as consumer pessimism stokes growth fears, article with video
Wall Street closed sharply lower in a broad sell-off on Tuesday as dire consumer confidence data dampened investor optimism and fueled worries over recession and the looming earnings season.
- WorldU.S. Supreme Court allows Louisiana electoral map faulted for racial bias
The Supreme Court on Tuesday reinstated a Republican-drawn map of Louisiana's six U.S. House of Representatives districts that had been blocked by a judge who found that it likely discriminates against Black voters, a setback for Democrats as they try to retain control of Congress in November's elections.
G7 meet in Bavaria
- U.S. steps up fight against monkeypox, allocates more vaccines to states, article with galleryBusiness ·
June 29, 2022 · 1:06 AM UTC· undefined ago
The U.S. government is ramping up efforts to staunch the spread of monkeypox by sending hundreds of thousands of vaccine doses to states in the coming months, expanding access for those most at risk and increasing supply to areas with high case numbers.