- WorldChina withdraws promise not to send troops to Taiwan if it takes control of island, article with image
China has withdrawn a promise not to send troops or administrators to Taiwan if it takes control of the island, an official document showed on Wednesday, signalling a decision by President Xi Jinping to grant less autonomy than previously offered.
- WorldUkraine accuses Russia of using power plant as 'nuclear shield'
Ukraine on Wednesday accused Russia of exploiting its position in a nuclear power plant it had seized to target a nearby town in a rocket attack that killed at least 13 people and left many others seriously wounded.
- MarketsMorning Bid: Suspended in time, article with image
A look at the day ahead in markets from Anshuman Daga
- BusinessAnalysis: U.S. renewables investors see Senate bill sparking gold rush
For the first time, investors seeking to pour cash into U.S. clean energy projects can count on at least a decade of generous federal subsidies, offering them long-sought confidence in the staying power of the world’s third biggest renewables market.
- Abortion foes win Republican governor nods in Wisconsin, Minnesota, article with galleryUnited States ·
August 10, 2022 · 6:38 AM UTC
Republican voters in Wisconsin and Minnesota on Tuesday nominated abortion foes for governor, ensuring the issue will be central to what are expected to be two of the most high-profile races in November's general election.