The disclosure adds to growing U.S. concern that Russia could be preparing for a new invasion of Ukraine as it has amassed more than 100,000 troops near its borders.
- EuropeItalian parties ask Mattarella to remain president after vote chaos
Italy's ruling parties asked Sergio Mattarella on Saturday to carry on as president for a second term after failing to find a compromise candidate in a week of often fraught voting in parliament.
- Asia PacificA year after Myanmar's coup, families of detainees search for answers
Activists and families say many people disappeared after Myanmar was plunged into turmoil after the military overthrew the government.
- Middle EastErdogan says interest rates will be lowered and inflation will fall too
Turkey's president repeated his unorthodox economic policy on Saturday and said the country's economic woes would pass.
- Asia PacificAustralia wants Kanye West fully vaccinated before any concert tour
- WorldNew Zealand PM Ardern is self isolating after exposure to COVID positive case
- EuropeHungary's daily COVID cases could reach 30,000 -minister
- EuropeAustria to further ease COVID restrictions
- SportsChina reports jump in COVID cases among Olympic athletes, officials
- WorldRussia's daily COVID-19 cases exceed 100,000 for first time
- United StatesU.S. orders 100 million additional COVID-19 tests to give out
How engineers will repair the undersea communications cable severed by the recent volcanic eruption