Liz Cheney is considering a presidential run on an anti-Trump platform after losing her House seat in Wyoming ... racism might be why the crisis in Tigray is not getting more attention, the World Health Organization’s chief said ... and when can a nation’s leader have some downtime? Ask Finnish Prime Minister Sanna Marin
- WorldFrom bomb shelter to dorm room: Ukrainian students find refuge at U.S. colleges, article with gallery
Hlib Burtsev wanted to film himself opening admissions decisions from U.S. universities and share the videos online, imagining the hugs and cheers from his family if he got good news.
- MarketsMeme stocks in reverse as Bed Bath & Beyond slump spooks investors
Retail favorites GameStop and AMC Entertainment fell on Friday, undoing much of their recent gains after billionaire Ryan Cohen abruptly dumped his stake in struggling retailer Bed Bath & Beyond days after he took a bullish options position in the stock.
- MarketsNasdaq leads Wall Street lower as rate hike worries spark tech rout, article with image
Wall Street fell on Friday with megacap growth and technology stocks leading a broader market selloff.
- BusinessGM restores quarterly dividend after more than two years
General Motors said on Friday it would reinstate quarterly dividend payouts, suggesting the automaker was confident it was past the worst risks from the pandemic.
- Strikes bring London's transport network to a halt, article with galleryUnited Kingdom ·
August 19, 2022 · 10:55 AM UTC
London's transport network ground to a halt on Friday as train and bus workers held strikes over pay and conditions, the latest in a summer of labour market disputes as double-digit inflation eats into wages.