- WorldU.S. to boost military presence in Europe as NATO bolsters its eastern flank, article with video
U.S. President Joe Biden pledged more American troops, warplanes and warships for Europe on Wednesday as NATO agreed the biggest strengthening of its deterrents since the Cold War in response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
- WorldBiden unlikely to meet bold Democrat demands after abortion ruling, sources say
The White House is unlikely to take up the bold steps to protect women's right to have an abortion that Democratic lawmakers have called for in recent days, interviews with officials show.
- MarketsS&P 500 limps to slightly lower close as quarter-end looms, article with image
The S&P 500 ended a seesaw session slightly down on Wednesday as investors staggered toward the finish line of a downbeat month, a dismal quarter, and the worst first-half for Wall Street's benchmark index since President Richard Nixon's first term.
- WorldFrench court finds 20 guilty for 2015 Islamist attacks in Paris
A French court on Wednesday found the lone survivor of the Islamist squad that killed 130 people in a night of carnage across Paris in 2015 guilty of terrorism charges, bringing some closure to survivors and a country whose psyche was left scarred.
- Jackson to join U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday as Breyer departs, article with galleryUnited States ·
June 29, 2022 · 7:51 PM UTC· undefined ago
Ketanji Brown Jackson, picked by President Joe Biden to become the first Black woman on the U.S. Supreme Court, is set to be sworn in to begin serving the lifetime job on Thursday with the formal retirement of liberal Justice Stephen Breyer.