Western leaders stepped up preparations for any Russian military action in Ukraine on Tuesday, with talks taking place on protecting energy supplies and U.S. President Joe Biden saying he would consider imposing direct sanctions on President Vladimir Putin.
- Supreme Court of the United StatesAnalysis: 'Aggressively conservative' Supreme Court plunges into U.S. culture wars
The U.S. Supreme Court's decision to hear a case that could doom university policies considering race as a factor in student admissions is the latest sign of the conservative majority's eagerness to put its stamp on America's most divisive issues.
- Autos & TransportationGM's $7 billion investment intensifies EV battle with Ford, Tesla
General Motors will invest $7 billion in Michigan, much of it aimed at boosting production of full-size electric pickups.
- BreakingviewsDefense deal crackdown is a bipartisan affair
The U.S. FTC said it would sue to block defense contractor Lockheed Martin from acquiring rocket maker Aerojet. Even the military-industrial complex can’t overcome antitrust zeal.
- Autos & TransportationCybertrucks, new factories in focus as Tesla set to report record earnings
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsJ&J expects jump in COVID vaccine sales in 2022, eyes device deals
- BusinessGE's shares fall as supply-chain woes hit Q4 revenue
- FinanceAmEx allays fears of Omicron hit with record card spending levels
- Business3M profit beats as N95 mask demand surges due to Omicron
- Retail & ConsumerAfter rocky start to year, Unilever axes 1,500 managers
- Aerospace & DefenseRaytheon sales forecast disappoints as profit beats estimates