- WorldAir raid sirens blare in Ukraine as NATO meets to promise aid
The United States and NATO allies on Tuesday promised more arms for Kyiv and equipment to help restore Ukrainian power and heat knocked out by Russian missile and drone strikes, as air raid sirens blared across Ukraine for the first time this week.
- WorldUkrainian soldiers face a new adversary: muddy trenches
Squelching through thick mud on Tuesday, Petro, a Ukrainian soldier dug in not far from Russian positions in the Donbas, recounted matter-of-factly how his unit had to use buckets to clear out water-logged trenches.
- WorldExclusive: India asked by sanctions-hit Russia for parts for key sectors
Moscow has sent India a list of more than 500 products for potential delivery including parts for cars, aircraft and trains, as sanctions squeeze Russia's ability to keep vital industries running.
- Sargent replaces Wright for U.S., Iran's Beiranvand back in goalSoccer ·
November 29, 2022 · 7:07 PM UTC· undefined ago
U.S. coach Gregg Berhalter recalled Josh Sargent to his starting lineup for Tuesday's Group B showdown against Iran, who were boosted by the return of first-choice goalkeeper Alireza Beiranvand after his recovery from concussion.
- South Korea orders striking truckers in cement industry back to jobsAsia Pacific ·
November 29, 2022 · 12:55 PM UTC
South Korea ordered about 2,500 striking truckers in the cement industry to return to work on Tuesday, an unprecedented step that invokes tough strike-busting laws as construction sites run out of building materials nationwide.