- MarketsExclusive: U.S. rethinks steps on China tariffs in wake of Taiwan response -sources, article with gallery
China's war games around Taiwan have led Biden administration officials to recalibrate their thinking on whether to scrap some tariffs or potentially impose others on Beijing, setting those options aside for now, according to sources familiar with the deliberations.
- Macro MattersAnalysis: Softer inflation ‘huge relief’ for battered investors in U.S. stocks and bonds
Softer than expected U.S. inflation data buoyed investors’ faith that twin rebounds in stocks and bonds will persist in a year of deep losses for both asset classes.
- WorldShock, shame among some Muslims as Afghan accused of New Mexico murders, article with image
Muslims in New Mexico interviewed on Wednesday said they felt shock and shame at the arrest of a Muslim immigrant from Afghanistan in connection with the murders of four Muslim men.
- WorldUkraine accuses Russia of using nuclear plant for deadly rocket attack
Ukraine accused Russia of firing rockets from around a captured nuclear power plant, killing at least 13 people and wounding 10, in the knowledge it would be risky for Ukraine to return fire.
- U.S. charges Iranian with plotting to murder ex-Trump adviser Bolton, article with videoMiddle East ·
August 10, 2022
The United States charged a member of Iran's elite Revolutionary Guard Corps on Wednesday with plotting to murder John Bolton, a national security adviser to former President Donald Trump.