- New York state lifts remaining pandemic restrictions
- Five U.S. states had infections before first cases reported
- India missed early alarm, let deadly variant spread
- Delhi defies social distancing norms, doctors say brace for 'explosion'
- AstraZeneca antibody cocktail fails to prevent symptoms in large trial
'Pure insanity': Justice Dept. rebuffed Trump bid to overturn electionUnited States · 7:13 PM UTC
Former President Donald Trump pressed the Justice Department during his waning weeks in office to join his failed effort to overturn his election defeat based on his false claims of voting fraud, but its leaders refused, with one decrying the "pure insanity" of the claims, documents released on Tuesday showed.
United StatesHarvey Weinstein to be extradited to California to face rape, assault charges
AntitrustBiden to name Big Tech critic Khan as U.S. FTC chair -sources
Middle EastIsraeli nationalists march in East Jerusalem, raising tensions with Palestinians
United StatesBiden administration pushes for Boston Marathon bomber death sentence
EuropeFrench Muslims pay heavy price in COVID pandemic
Asia PacificTaiwan reports largest incursion yet by Chinese air force
Business · 4:43 PM UTCU.S, EU agree truce in 17-year Airbus-Boeing conflict
The United States and the European Union have agreed a truce in their near 17-year conflict over aircraft subsidies, suspending for five years one set of Trump-era tariffs which had soured relations between them.