- China disease expert recommends shifting the origins probe to U.S.
- CureVac saw billions of euros wiped from its market value after its vaccine proved only 47% effective
- Britain, pressed by airlines, may ease rules for vaccinated travellers
- Moscow facing new aggressive variant, mayor says
- The tennis U.S. Open will be held with full capacity crowds
EXCLUSIVE Pacific undersea cable project sinks after U.S. warns against Chinese bidAsia Pacific · 3:05 AM UTC
A World Bank-led project declined to award a contract to lay sensitive undersea communications cables after Pacific island governments heeded U.S. warnings that participation of a Chinese company posed a security threat, two sources told Reuters.
TechnologyEXCLUSIVE Chinese apps could face subpoenas or bans under Biden order -sources
FinanceChinese scientists ensnared in U.S. visa fraud legal battle
ChinaHK democracy supporters snap up Apple Daily copies amid anger at police raid
WorldGlobal COVID-19 death toll exceeds 4 million
SportsTokyo 2020 head wants spectators; expert report seen urging none
Autos & TransportationCOVID deals new blow to foreign carmakers’ Indian dream
Asia Pacific · 2:17 AM UTCJapan Inc lag far behind women empowerment in management roles: Reuters poll
Women make up less than 10% of the management in most Japanese companies, as the country's corporate sector finds it difficult to meet the business lobby's aim of boosting the number of female executives in an ageing society, a Reuters poll showed.
Sustainable BusinessBOJ unveils plan to launch new scheme on climate change
The Bank of Japan said on Friday it will launch a new scheme to provide funds to financial institutions that invest or extend loans for activities which fight climate change.