- China disease expert recommends shifting the origins probe to U.S.
- CureVac saw billions of euros wiped from its market value after its vaccine proved only 47% effective
- Britain, pressed by airlines, may ease rules for vaccinated travellers
- Moscow facing new aggressive variant, mayor says
- The tennis U.S. Open will be held with full capacity crowds
EXCLUSIVE Pacific undersea cable project sinks after U.S. warns against Chinese bidAsia Pacific · 3:05 AM UTC
A World Bank-led project declined to award a contract to lay sensitive undersea communications cables after Pacific island governments heeded U.S. warnings that participation of a Chinese company posed a security threat, two sources told Reuters.
FinanceChinese scientists ensnared in U.S. visa fraud legal battle
TechnologyEXCLUSIVE Chinese apps could face subpoenas or bans under Biden order -sources
WorldEXCLUSIVE U.S. suspects 4,000 cases of fraud in Iraqi refugee program -documents
SportsJapan health experts warn of Olympics COVID-19 threat, say no spectators the least risky
Middle EastIranians vote in election set to hand presidency to hardline judge
ChinaHK democracy supporters snap up Apple Daily copies amid anger at police crackdown
Asia Pacific · 4:35 AM UTCJapan Inc to fall far short of goal for more female managers: Reuters poll
Women make up fewer than 10% of managers at most Japanese companies and a big majority of firms say it will be impossible to boost this to a target of 30% this decade, a Reuters poll found.