Democratic U.S. Senator Raphael Warnock and Republican former football star Herschel Walker were locked in a tight battle as results came in from a runoff election in Georgia that will determine whether Democrats can expand their razor-thin Senate majority.
- WorldUkraine appears to show ability to strike far inside Russia
A third Russian airfield was set ablaze by a drone strike, a day after Ukraine demonstrated an apparent new ability to penetrate hundreds of kilometres into Russia with attacks on two air bases.
- WorldKhamenei calls for overhaul of Iran's cultural system
Iran has been rocked by unrest since the death of Kurdish woman Mahsa Amini.
- WorldSpecial Report: In France, minority communities decry a surge in police fines
Mohamed Assam went to buy groceries at a supermarket close to his home near Paris one April afternoon in 2020. By the time he returned, he had incurred more than 900 euros in fines for nine different infractions without once, he said, coming into contact with a police officer.
As human activities rapidly transform the planet, the global insect population is declining at an unprecedented rate of up to 2% per year.
- China medical expert says COVID has mutated, should be renamed - state mediaChina ·
December 7, 2022 · 2:42 AM UTC· undefined ago
China should change its official name for COVID-19 to reflect the virus' mutation, and patients with light symptoms should be allowed to quarantine at home, a leading authority on traditional Chinese medicine was quoted as saying on Wednesday.
- Asia PacificExplosion at Indonesia police station wounds three people -media
At least three police officers were wounded in an explosion at a police station on Wednesday in West Java province, and authorities are investigating the source of the blast, police officials told local media.