The United States and Western countries sought to project unity and a tough stance over Ukraine on Thursday, after U.S. President Joe Biden suggested allies were split over how to react to any potential "minor incursion" from Russia.
- United StatesGeorgia prosecutor requests special grand jury in Trump election probe
The prosecutor for Georgia's biggest county on Thursday requested a special grand jury with subpoena power to aid her investigation into then-President Donald Trump's efforts to influence the U.S. state's 2020 election results.
- United StatesBipartisan U.S. Senate group discusses scaled-back elections bill
The discussions follow Democrats' twin defeats on a voting-rights bill.
- Media & TelecomGloomy Netflix forecast erases much of stock's pandemic gains
Netflix Inc dashed hopes for a quick rebound after forecasting weak first-quarter subscriber growth on Thursday, sending shares sinking nearly 20% and wiping away most of its remaining pandemic-fueled gains from 2020.
- Healthcare & PharmaceuticalsAnalysis: How Omicron highlights fading hope of herd immunity from COVID
- United StatesBiden to urge mayors to spend more COVID aid to build workforces -official
- BusinessCanadian provincial leader wants to pause truckers' COVID vaccine mandate
- The Great RebootAustria set to make COVID shots compulsory after bill clears parliament
- WorldA divided nation: Western Australia stays shut as COVID deaths mount in east
- EuropeSputnik V shows higher Omicron-antibody levels than Pfizer in preliminary study