Aug 18 (Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 2030 GMT on Wednesday.
* Denotes new or updated item.
* MADAEN - Gunmen in a speeding car opened fire at a government-backed Sahwa militia checkpoint, killing one and wounding two others in Madaen, 30 km (20 miles) southeast of Baghdad, an interior ministry source said.
* BAQUBA - A sticky bomb attached to the car of a government-backed Sahwa militia leader killed him and wounded his brother when it exploded in eastern Baquba, 65 km (40 miles) northeast of Baghdad, police said.
* MOSUL - Gunmen using silenced guns opened fire at an Iraqi military checkpoint, killing a soldier in western Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
* MOSUL - A roadside bomb targeting an Iraqi army patrol killed one civilian and wounded two soldiers when it went off in eastern Mosul, police said.
* MOSUL - Police found the body of a man with gunshot wounds to the head in the town of Bartila, west of Mosul, police said.
SADIYA - Gunmen stormed three houses, killing three people in the town of Sadiya, 80 km (50 miles) northeast of Baquba, the capital of Diyala province, police said.
TIKRIT - Two people were killed, including a policeman, and one civilian was wounded when a roadside bomb exploded in central Tikrit, 150 km (95 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb wounded four people in Palestine street in northeastern Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb wounded two people in the eastern Baghdad district of Zayouna, police said.
MOSUL - Police found the body of an unidentified man with head and chest bullet wounds in eastern Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
Compiled by Baghdad newsroom
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.